PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and salutations

Smoggie
15th December 2004, 00:28
Greetings peeps. Arrived from the UK last month, after being over here on holiday 2 years ago. Afraid Britain is not so great anymore.

Working out In Porirua, distinct shortage of Nurses over here, and things are going smoothly.

Main bike is a 2002 Honda ST1100 (Pan European). Is currently on a ship somewhere, and is meant to be arriving on Christmas Day, whether or not that materialises is a different matter! After years of touring round Europe, it is time to discover NZ, and tend to cover everywhere. Never been a racer, but love attending road race meets.

Once I get a house, intend to get my project bike. With no baggage along with me, can spend as much time as I like tinkering with a spanner and socket set!

Would appreciate any info on clubs/meets in the Wellington area, and look forward to a new life over here.

Smoggie

inlinefour
15th December 2004, 02:31
welcome and enjoy.

ajturbo
15th December 2004, 02:59
jeez if you settled in welly .... you must have had it bad in the old country!

but you will have heaps to choose from down that way!
see you one day on hte road ?

wari
15th December 2004, 03:09
G'dday mate ... :moon: ...

MAke sure ya gitt upp to WAnganui on boxin' day fur the 50th runnin' of the cemetary street races ...

IT'll be a topp day ... :doobey:

James Deuce
15th December 2004, 05:50
Welcome smoggie!

Do you miss your psychey lead (assuming you are in mental health of course)?

Great to have you here, and I hope the place doesn't get too boring for you.

Joni
15th December 2004, 06:23
Hello! Welcome...
:)

Dodgyiti
15th December 2004, 07:06
Welcome to sunny NZ,
And yer bike is arriving on the 25th????
Umm... :no:
Good luck with that, I would predict a mid Jan personally

Blakamin
15th December 2004, 08:11
Welcome!!! and before CN6 arrives, how 'bout posting some photos so I know what to look out for when I'm down that way!

Riff Raff
15th December 2004, 13:14
Welcome to New Zealand and to this site. :spudwave:

sels1
15th December 2004, 13:56
Welcome Smoggie, you chose the right end of the country to base yourself!

Hitcher
15th December 2004, 14:03
I look forward to seeing you and your ST on the road sometime!

vifferman
15th December 2004, 14:24
Welcome, Mr Smoggieeee! :spudwave:

bear
15th December 2004, 18:48
Good place to base yourself for exploring the country - halfway between the top and the bottom, well done.
Welcome to NZ, happy riding.

Wellyman
15th December 2004, 18:51
Welcoem and as everybody else said good luck on getting your bike in on christmas day.

magnum
20th December 2004, 20:13
:cool2: onya,welcome

Sparky Bills
20th December 2004, 20:32
MAN!! ANOTHER ONE! :sick:
Just kidding. Welcome to the best country in the world!
Be honest...
You just want to become an All Black supporter! :yeah:

Ms Piggy
20th December 2004, 22:17
Would appreciate any info on clubs/meets in the Wellington area, and look forward to a new life over here.

Smoggie
Welcome along Smoggie :spudwave: you've come to the right place for starters if you want to meet some great people who are into riding! Not sure of any other clubs myself buut someone generally organises a ride quite regularly through here.

Velox
21st December 2004, 00:17
G'dday mate ... :moon: ...

MAke sure ya gitt upp to WAnganui on boxin' day fur the 50th runnin' of the cemetary street races ...

IT'll be a topp day ... :doobey:
51st or 52nd I think. I remember getting a pretty black and gold ticket for the 50th one.

Oh and HI Smoggie! Wgtn's awesome - hope you're getting to know the place and settling in ok!

Smoggie
8th January 2005, 02:01
Jan 7. He waits by the phone, is there any news on his bike arriving? like buggery! Phone calls to be made on Monday. Will need to go and get the bike tested and registerd apparenly. Any recommendations on bike garages?

Cheers peeps

Smoggie

Da Bird
8th January 2005, 02:17
Jan 7. He waits by the phone, is there any news on his bike arriving? like buggery! Phone calls to be made on Monday. Will need to go and get the bike tested and registerd apparenly. Any recommendations on bike garages?

Cheers peeps

Smoggie
Don't like your chances of anyone ringing you at 3 in the morning Smoggie. :whistle:

Good luck with your bike stuff - I'm sure the Welly boys will let you know a good place to go.

spudchucka
8th January 2005, 05:47
The "On Road New Zealand" testing stations do a lot of import checks, when I did mine they were the cheapest too.

Gasman
8th January 2005, 07:34
I'm nearly a month late, but welcome along Smoggie. Riding in the North Island is great fun, especially up the west coast area and also Hawkes Bay north.....BUT for real adventure you have to come down to the Mainland....roads to die for (hopefully not literally) and nowhere near as many cars! Watch out for your fellow countrymen driving slowly in camper vans though!

And for these guys..... :Police:

wari
9th January 2005, 07:15
51st or 52nd I think. I remember getting a pretty black and gold ticket for the 50th one.

Oh and HI Smoggie! Wgtn's awesome - hope you're getting to know the place and settling in ok!

I THink ... dunno ... maybe I'm wrong ..

BUtt ... wasn't da 50th an-niversarry a couplea three years ago ..

BUtt da one just gone was da (f)actual 50th (f)actual race meet ... dunno .. someone must know ... :spudwhat: .. I wasnt around atda start so .. not sure .. :thud:

Blakamin
9th January 2005, 08:58
I THink ... dunno ... maybe I'm wrong ..

BUtt ... wasn't da 50th an-niversarry a couplea three years ago ..

BUtt da one just gone was da (f)actual 50th (f)actual race meet ... dunno .. someone must know ... :spudwhat: .. I wasnt around atda start so .. not sure .. :thud:
The T-shirts said 50th :spudwhat:

Yamahamaman
9th January 2005, 09:17
And I purchased this at the 50th.

Storm
9th January 2005, 11:37
Welcome to the site. Hope you are enjoying your new life in the colony :2thumbsup

Paul in NZ
9th January 2005, 12:05

Cheers peeps

Smoggie

Welcome!

Look on the LTSA web site and/or call their free phone line they will let you know who in Wellington is qualified to get you on the road!

Look forwards to seeing you!

Paul N

DarkNinja
9th January 2005, 17:08
Welcome to the site, nz is such a great place to be :D
where abouts are you working in porirua?

Coyote
9th January 2005, 17:33
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Smoggie
10th February 2005, 23:20
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]
Ello peeps,

The Gods are not smiling on me. The bike is still in England, and will be lucky to arrive here by the end of April. The good news is that my house over there is sold this week, and along with buying a house up in Paraparaumu, am going to invest some cash in a Yam 750 Fazer from Masterton Motorcycles. Anyone heard any bad news about this shop, or are they ok?

I just need a bike, and do not fancy commuting up and down Highway 1 in a car.

See you all about soon,

Smoggie

Blakamin
11th February 2005, 07:17
that sucks!... what a bunch of bastards....
but at least you're getting a house in the best part of the country!!!
Welcome to the Kapiti Coast!!

Biff
11th February 2005, 09:24
Welcome Smoggie from a fellow Brit. You've made a good choice by gracing these fair shores. The yocals are mostly harmless.

Between us we'll teach these natives some culture!

You're not shipping your bike over with Crown by any chance? If so, my heart goes out to you mate.

James Deuce
11th February 2005, 11:22

Between us we'll teach these natives some culture!

Even if you think that's funny, it's not. Try and drop the arrogant attitude.

Biff
11th February 2005, 11:27
Even if you think that's funny, it's not. Try and drop the arrogant attitude.

Arrogance? You could certainly give me a lesson in that. In return I'll teach you how to get a sense of humour.

James Deuce
11th February 2005, 11:38
Arrogance - you could certainly give me a lesson in that. In return I'll teach you how to get a sense of humour.
Ooooo da big scary cultured man is getting all nasty.

Biff
11th February 2005, 11:47
Ooooo da big scary cultured man is getting all nasty.

Hardly - just dissapointed.
If you want to chat Jim, let's take this outside of here.

Smoggie - Apologies for this. Ignore us. Jim has taken to bitching at me of late and I can no longer resist the urge to bitch back.