PDA

View Full Version : Are these legal in nz?

MOTOXXX
15th December 2004, 06:41
Are these rear end kits legal in nz?
i remember sparkybills saying that some of them arnt a while back.
anyone know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10534&item=7940557777&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10534&item=7940557777&rd=1

thanks

Sparky Bills
15th December 2004, 07:19
Depends if the lenses have certification numbers on them or not.
They do look bloody cool! :headbang:
If you look at ANY head/tail/indicator, you should see numbers and letters on the lenses. If they dont have them, you wont get a warrant. (depending on where you take it) :spudwhat:

MOTOXXX
15th December 2004, 07:34
cheers for that martin

i take back everything i said about u.

:headbang:

spudchucka
15th December 2004, 07:53
Go down to your local LTSA or On Road NZ testing station and get an opinion from one of the testers, they pretty much know all the rules & regs.

Blakamin
15th December 2004, 08:12
I take it that you have a plan in your head.....Way Cool!

Hitcher
15th December 2004, 09:07
Depends if the lenses have certification numbers on them or not.
Is this right? I would have thought that as long as there was no white light shown to the rear, and that stop lights were red, turning indicators were orange and that plate was effectively illuminated you would have met the WOF requirements?

MOTOXXX
15th December 2004, 09:08
yea bro im thinking about it. just finding parts for it at the moment.
itll be a while. Got some two brothers mufflers for it last night.
now i need to get some indacraters, mirrors, footpegs, gear leaver, brake leaver to get it on the road. then its just the cosmetic stuff.

Sniper
15th December 2004, 10:04
Is this right? I would have thought that as long as there was no white light shown to the rear, and that stop lights were red, turning indicators were orange and that plate was effectively illuminated you would have met the WOF requirements?

I was under that same impression. Has it got something to do with the way the lens tint out or just that they need to be a certain type of lense. :spudwhat:

duckman
15th December 2004, 11:20
Find out if a group buy would get you a discount ... HINT HINT :eek:

aff-man
15th December 2004, 11:38
I was under that same impression. Has it got something to do with the way the lens tint out or just that they need to be a certain type of lense. :spudwhat:

I think it has to do with the colour "density" just how red/orage is it how far away can it be seen etc. But i could be (and probably am) wrong. :spudwhat:

Sniper
15th December 2004, 11:40
I think it has to do with the colour "density" just how red/orage is it how far away can it be seen etc. But i could be (and probably am) wrong. :spudwhat:

Ill ring the guys up at the Testing station I know well and Ill tell you what I find.

Motu
15th December 2004, 12:08
It has to meet a standard - no standard marking (from any recognised country) and it's not legal.The relieved us of the requirement to check every lens a few years ago (as if we were),so only have to if we suspect it might not comply - if your lamp doesn't look exactly like original equipment they will look.

MOTOXXX
15th December 2004, 13:06
thanks guys. :banana:

sAsLEX
15th December 2004, 16:20
hmm i was looking at making a custom LED brake light for bike, ie new shape etc as the current one is crap and is starting to cut in and out.
How do you get a custom shaped lens with the correct markings on it? I am guessing you cant!
and what is the point of the stupid rule, from what i can gather none!! It cant be the color desity as clear lenses are allowed on red lights, and it cant be the safety as i could put an 1965 brittle plastic cover on and it be legal (maybe) and a brand new item of ten time superior construction would fail because it doesn't have stupid markings!

Sparky Bills
16th December 2004, 13:57
cheers for that martin

i take back everything i said about u.

:headbang:

Dont do that!!
MOST OF ITS TRUE! :eek: