PDA

View Full Version : I ain't no stunter but...

onearmedbandit
16th April 2008, 11:07
...I'm getting 'paid' to perform some tricks at an upcoming event at Ruapuna in May!! I did a display at a local Drift Racing event a couple months ago, just some wheelies, stoppies and rolling burnouts, and apparently the crowd loved it. So much so that I got approached by the promotions manager at Ruapuna yesterday and asked to do it all again. However this time they are willing to pay me, with a years free track hire at Ruapuna!. Working it out at $80 a day, two days a week, thats an $8000 package!! Sure I won't use every session, but I'll try my damn best.

So, I have just over a month to set about improving my shit. My stoppies are coming along well, and I'm now hitting the balance point on my mono's ok. But I need to add a few more tricks, different seating positions on the bike etc. Just wish there were a few stunters down this way to go out riding with.

But did I mention the years free track days!!!!

sinfull
16th April 2008, 11:12
Good shit ! Worth burning out a tyre for i recon

Subike
16th April 2008, 11:14
+1
rewards for those who do the hard yards.

DingoZ
16th April 2008, 11:23
Good on ya. Rip it up

Crasherfromwayback
16th April 2008, 11:34
Top show man!

nodrog
16th April 2008, 11:46
:2thumbsup oops, i mean :niceone:

jrandom
16th April 2008, 12:38
A year of free trackdays?

That is awesome, and by awesome, I mean totally sweet.

:woohoo:

I demand video and photographs of the action on the day.

:yes:

onearmedbandit
16th April 2008, 14:00
A year of free trackdays?

That is awesome, and by awesome, I mean totally sweet.

:woohoo:

I know I know!!! Tuesdays and Fridays down here are open days, anyone can go out. The track is like 15 minutes from my place. It's farkin' brilliant, and all I have to do is pull a few wheelies and stoppies for lots of people. It's like telling a kid if he eats this bit of candy he can have all the candy he wants for a year!

I demand video and photographs of the action on the day.

:yes:

So do I, so I'm going to have to get someone to film it. There was footage from the drift event but I have had difficulty getting the guy (a friend of a friend) to find the DVD.

MIXONE
16th April 2008, 14:06
There used to be a one armed guy that went to rallies in the S.I. on a ducati and he could do some amazing burnouts.He was hugely popular with the crowds too.Wasn't you was it?
Anyway hats off to a man that can stunt better with one arm then I can with two.

onearmedbandit
16th April 2008, 14:13
Nah, wasn't me.

MVnut
16th April 2008, 14:30
What a good score, free tracktime for doing what you love :devil2:

Deano
16th April 2008, 14:32
Congrats mate. That's wicked.

Kevmo7
16th April 2008, 17:17
thats awesome dude, keep it up on one!

Tried any acrobatics yet?

onearmedbandit
16th April 2008, 19:44
I was waiting for one of you lot to come in here and show off with your fancy pants tricks. And no I haven't. Damn you. :lol:

98tls
16th April 2008, 19:50
I was waiting for one of you lot to come in here and show off with your fancy pants tricks. And no I haven't. Damn you. :lol: Congrats mate enjoy the day.

sAsLEX
16th April 2008, 20:01
I was waiting for one of you lot to come in here and show off with your fancy pants tricks. And no I haven't. Damn you. :lol:

Do it all using only one hand?

kiwifruit
16th April 2008, 20:13
years free track days!!!!

what a tin arse!!! :D :woohoo:

Racer X
17th April 2008, 11:50
That's awesome, well done! Quick qn too, do you clutch up the wheelies, and how long approx are ya rolling your stoppies??

onearmedbandit
17th April 2008, 12:14
I've tried clutch up, but due to the setup of my clutch it is quite difficult to control (clutch lever is on the right clip on, reveresed and operated by my thumb). I know I'd have better control of my mono's if I did use the clutch, in the meantime I just use the power. If I get more serious I'll look at adapting it, maybe to a foot clutch. My rolling stoppies are probably about 20m in length, get the back wheel up from about 60-70km. I want to concentrate on height now, as without more height I won't get longer distances.

Joni
1st July 2008, 20:20
Goooo Fraser :hug: