PDA

View Full Version : Help. finished the carby but the battery has carked it!

ital916
21st April 2008, 17:08
Hey guys, does anyone have a battery charger I can urgently borrow tonight, I got the carby done but really need to see if the bike runs. The fucking battery has carked it at the most in-a-fucking-propriate time lol. So yeah I would be much obliged and you can have a beer too at mine as a thank you!.

Dushy. Number is 0210582302 if you guys are textin me your coming. Before eight pm would be great.

Macstar
21st April 2008, 18:04
Not dropping it off to you (too busy tonight) - but you can pick mine up if you want.

PirateJafa
21st April 2008, 18:09
Tried push-starting her?

ital916
21st April 2008, 18:16
No worries I just dropped it off at stevens to get charged lol. David i'm not pushing that lump of metal anywhere, she's a heavy beast.

2wheeljunkie
21st April 2008, 18:32
soo no mouse then??? dammit tat would have been cool...

klyong82
21st April 2008, 21:20
I got a charger but seeing you got it sorted but do let me know next time if you need one.

xwhatsit
21st April 2008, 21:41
No worries I just dropped it off at stevens to get charged lol. David i'm not pushing that lump of metal anywhere, she's a heavy beast.

Fuck off, it's not that heavy, be a man! I've seen people start 1100cc Moto Guzzis on the flat, so HTFU :laugh:

It's a twin, it'll bump easy.

Macstar
21st April 2008, 21:51
Fuck off, it's not that heavy, be a man! I've seen people start 1100cc Moto Guzzis on the flat, so HTFU :laugh:

HA HA! Where were you on Sun Dush? I came to Motomail to get some boots but they were all too expensive.

motorbyclist
21st April 2008, 22:10
dush, did you try using your car battery like i told you on the phone?

ital916
22nd April 2008, 07:41
Anticipation is building to when I pick up the charged battery, take her home, install it and start the bike.....anticipation of the bike working and running good. All who want to come and witness the momentous event can *thats an excuse to help start the bike if it doesn't..which it won't...cos it WILL start lol*. On a lighter note...i pulled the battery out to find the BIGGEST ants nest ever in the bike! Hundreds of white eggs everywhere and hundreds and hudreds of black ants...suffic to say I gave the battery compartment a good cleanout...with a flamethrower :devil2: *jokes*

HungusMaximist
22nd April 2008, 08:15
You know, I got a battery charger/minder that you could've borrowed, and I am only 5 mins away from you.

klyong82
22nd April 2008, 09:14

I push start a 1100cc Guzzi Breva...heavy but still do-able for a person of my size.

ital916
22nd April 2008, 17:50
Fuck it didnt work lol the front cylinder still doesn't work..gay.

Phurrball
22nd April 2008, 18:05
^^ Bugger.

The joys of a project bike aye. It may not feel like it now, but the more winding the road travelled in bringing back the bling, the greater the satisfaction.

Keep persevering D man - the results will be worth it.

Macstar
22nd April 2008, 19:24
^^ Bugger.

The joys of a project bike aye. It may not feel like it now, but the more winding the road travelled in bringing back the bling, the greater the satisfaction.

Keep persevering D man - the results will be worth it.

The free range days of being a student - so much spare time to do stuff like this. Cheerish it boys n girls, cherrish it:(

HungusMaximist
22nd April 2008, 19:35
The free range days of being a student - so much spare time to do stuff like this. Cheerish it boys n girls, cherrish it:(

I wanna hear some first hand stories about the tight hot corporate women/milfs/ middle age pussies you've been getting.

C'mon now, spill the beans Mac boi! :banana:

Macstar
22nd April 2008, 19:44
I wanna hear some first hand stories about the tight hot corporate women/milfs/ middle age pussies you've been getting.

.... :cool: ....

Ixion
22nd April 2008, 20:14
Same symptoms? idles fine, won't rev?

You stopped looking too soon.

How far did you dismantle? Dismantle the carb again. properly.

If that doesn't change anything, swap carbs.

Does anyone know of the XV250 engine uses a waste spark?

klyong82
22nd April 2008, 20:17

You will need a BMW to attract a corporate lady...4 doors ok 2 doors even better. Does not matter if it is old as long it has a BMW logo on it (chick magnet) :rolleyes: works with the bank ladies.

Want more advise?

Squiggles
22nd April 2008, 20:54
Same symptoms? idles fine, won't rev?

You stopped looking too soon.

How far did you dismantle? Dismantle the carb again. properly.

If that doesn't change anything, swap carbs.

Does anyone know of the XV250 engine uses a waste spark?

Idles alright on two, revs but lacks power, will run on only the rear but wont start on the front (starts easy on the rear), with both plugs and running, front header considerably colder than rear. I think it has an intake leak. (Almost started the front only with a bit of choke, but might've been a fluke) I also think the front carb's slide opens less than the rear's, but nobody else sees it :confused:

Ixion
22nd April 2008, 20:58
Swap carbs front and rear. Elimination.

Ixion
22nd April 2008, 20:59
Um, I do take it you remembered to put the fuel tap back to PRIME before doing this ? Cos I put it back to RES, on which setting the front carb gets no fuel. You DID check there was fuel raching the front carb when you reassembled ?

ital916
22nd April 2008, 21:08
Yes there was fuel reaching the front carb. An odd predicament, hmm I have multitudes of tests coming up and probably won't have bizillions of hours to work on it. I think a visit to the bike doctor is in check and luckily stephen will allow me to use his trailer. yay.

motorbyclist
23rd April 2008, 00:20
no dushi! you cannot admit defeat this early!

did your two smoke not teach you anything about patience and perserverence?

ital916
23rd April 2008, 06:53
I'm not admitting defeat, just calling in reinforcements, once she's working there is lot's more work to do on her!

bomma
23rd April 2008, 19:30
^ haha i knew it!!!! you are the man dushy!!! keep at it brother and one day you'll end up like stevo....with a million worthless pieces of crap in the garage and one gay working suzuki :rofl:

EJK
23rd April 2008, 20:01

Thats fukn true :laugh:

Calling a 250 heavy??? C'mon! You are better than that!!! :blank:

ital916
23rd April 2008, 20:12
Thats fukn true :laugh:

Calling a 250 heavy??? C'mon! You are better than that!!! :blank:

You just spent like two months sitting around crying that your fxr was broken :shutup: but it's running now so all good :first: lol, but :shit: my bike shall be :done::soon: so see you all in two weeks :shifty:, till then I shall disappear.:headbang: See you all soon. Toodles...*lurks off into the garage*

Hanne
23rd April 2008, 20:45
Dushy, I forgive your bike for last night. Hopefully the next time we meet it will be on better terms! (My hand is much better today after a good ice-packing.)

motorbyclist
23rd April 2008, 23:09
Dushy, I forgive your bike for last night. Hopefully the next time we meet it will be on better terms! (My hand is much better today after a good ice-packing.)

got in a fight?

pocketcracker
24th April 2008, 00:47
hmmm Interesting last post ! Was jelly involved , G-string ! Oh my im off to set up camp over at d-Man'z Place it all seems to be going dwn !

ital916
24th April 2008, 07:20
Betty apologises too, she was just in a foul ood and decided to be nasty, I had a good talk to her and she will allow you to ride her when she is done if you want.

ehab2weelr
24th April 2008, 08:18
You will need a BMW to attract a corporate lady...4 doors ok 2 doors even better. Does not matter if it is old as long it has a BMW logo on it (chick magnet) :rolleyes: works with the bank ladies.

Want more advise?

hahah! do u know bmws are for ppl that wana look rich but there not? :Pokey:
.......mercs the way to go.....:banana:

ehab2weelr
24th April 2008, 08:22
Oooooooo! hanna whats going on, have u finally came to realise that ur zzr is a worthless junk? :bleh: :laugh: hahah

klyong82
24th April 2008, 09:46

It really depends which model you drive in a BMW series. We all know that of all German cars it will always be Audi that is the superior luxury than a Bimmer or Mercs.

shingo
24th April 2008, 11:51
It really depends which model you drive in a BMW series. We all know that of all German cars it will always be Audi that is the superior luxury than a Bimmer or Mercs.

I saw an Audi R8 yesterday :drool:
No surprise that the driver was an older gentlemen in is flash business suit.

Macstar
24th April 2008, 12:03
^ haha i knew it!!!! you are the man dushy!!! keep at it brother and one day you'll end up like stevo....with a million worthless pieces of crap in the garage and one gay working suzuki :rofl:

Oooooooo! hanna whats going on, have u finally came to realise that ur zzr is a worthless junk? :bleh: :laugh: hahah

I've had a really crappy week at work and today hasn't been much better, but then I read this thread (whilst eating lunch). I now think I can survive the rest of the afternoon!

Cheers fellas! Look forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow at Stevo's Scarp Metal Shed.

Squiggles
24th April 2008, 15:22
Stevo's Scarp Metal Shed.
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Ragingrob
24th April 2008, 15:30
:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Pick-a-part, like wing mirror nuts haha. Cheers for that!

Phurrball
24th April 2008, 15:52

And all German cars are waaay down the customer satisfaction/reliability surveys in Germany compared to Jappo transport appliances. Great if you want to throw money away though (An E34 318 is probably pretty OK though aye Kim?)

Drove a few teutonic contrivances in my last job - mostly bloated whales IMHO. However, I was rather taken by the Porsches and Alfa Romeos that clients brought to me

*Even though Alfas are probably the most unreliable pieces of sh*t known to humanity - damn do they have style and personality*

I saw an Audi R8 yesterday :drool:
No surprise that the driver was an older gentlemen in is flash business suit.

And in timely segue back to bikes: VTR250s can pass those! :shifty: Mighty wiiiiide rubber on the back end of 'em though!

shingo
24th April 2008, 18:12
And in timely segue back to bikes: VTR250s can pass those! :shifty: Mighty wiiiiide rubber on the back end of 'em though!

Really?

hmmm...gonna have to go find one to test it out :devil2:

Hanne
24th April 2008, 18:54
got in a fight?

The damn thing bit me!
(then again I probably shouldn't have had my palm quite so close ot the exhaust pipes after it had been running for 10 mins at full revs....><)

PS and Ehab, at least Madison doesn't have RABIES! tour gsx seems to have turned a nasty shade of sickly grey of late:sick:

klyong82
24th April 2008, 21:02
And all German cars are waaay down the customer satisfaction/reliability surveys in Germany compared to Jappo transport appliances. Great if you want to throw money away though (An E34 318 is probably pretty OK though aye Kim?)

Drove a few teutonic contrivances in my last job - mostly bloated whales IMHO. However, I was rather taken by the Porsches and Alfa Romeos that clients brought to me

*Even though Alfas are probably the most unreliable pieces of sh*t known to humanity - damn do they have style and personality*

Well they are generally good cars when they are working well...once they start to have problems they tend to be continuous. I wanted a Japanese car but found that you can import a mint european car from Japan cheaper than a Honda and this is the same with bikes. Yeah agreed that alfa romeos are the worst in reability.

That would be an E36 318i Ross...

ital916
25th April 2008, 00:05

Mate!

Two words!

Spell check!

motorbyclist
25th April 2008, 00:52
The damn thing bit me!
(then again I probably shouldn't have had my palm quite so close ot the exhaust pipes after it had been running for 10 mins at full revs....><)

lol yeah dushi told me all about it. ouch!

bomma
25th April 2008, 15:11
Mate!

Two words!

Spell check!

spell what???? oh men iam spandeng all my times onlynes!! cam too uni to do werk and now im stoffing around on kiwibaker!! :scooter: now where's the spell check button.......:pinch:

ehab2weelr
25th April 2008, 15:34
hay am an arab im not ment to spell....just blow up things no spelling test for that at school? :shifty: hahaha

bomma
25th April 2008, 15:58
hay am an arab im not ment to spell....just blow up things no spelling test for that at school? :shifty: hahaha

you're a class act ehab....all class mate:blank:

Phurrball
27th April 2008, 15:48
Really?

hmmm...gonna have to go find one to test it out :devil2:

Was on a Sunday test drive and clearly very unfamiliar/fearful of the Laingholm twisties. So not as impressive as I imply...

(snip) Yeah agreed that alfa romeos are the worst in reability.

But they are so farking gorgeous and engaging to drive (for a cage) Even the engines are works of art (shame about some of the engineering) If I won lotto I'd buy one straight after a KTM RC8 *with a Toyota to drive when the POS Alfa was in the workshop*

That would be an E36 318i Ross...

Oops. :pinch: Never quite got my head around BMW nomenclature. At least they use alpha-neumeric model designations rather then "Cedric" or "Slyvia"
or any other made-up pseudo word. Renault Kangoo anyone?