PDA

View Full Version : “World’s most powerful production motorcycle” to make European debut

Bob
16th December 2004, 23:41
The world’s first turbine-powered motorcycle, recognized by Guinness World Records as the “Most powerful production motorcycle”, will be shown for the first time at a European motor event in April 2005 at the Super Car & Bike exhibition in Moscow.

The MTT Turbine Superbike is powered by a 320 bhp Rolls Royce Allison turbine engine, produces 425 ft/lbs of torque and has been clocked at 227 MPH in less than a kilometre. For anyone who wants one, start saving the pennies now – it retails at US$150,000.

ktulu
17th December 2004, 00:08
pffft, give me an RGV 250 any day :brick:

avgas
17th December 2004, 05:52
isnt that dodge tommohawk like 400bhp, suppose that aint aa bike though, more 1/2 a car.

Cajun
17th December 2004, 06:59
isnt that dodge tommohawk like 400bhp, suppose that aint aa bike though, more 1/2 a car.
thats not a production motorcycle

Skyryder
21st December 2004, 21:17
Any photo's of this bike??

Skyryder

Bob
21st December 2004, 21:21

Skyryder

Your wish is my command...

http://www.vrxroadster.net/home/topics/turbine_bike.jpg

MSTRS
21st December 2004, 21:26

Skyryder
I think this one is close

marty
21st December 2004, 22:31
http://www.marineturbine.com/motorsports.asp

not really that big a deal i reckon. gas turbines are pretty readibly available - search on e-bay for them. the biggest problem would be converting the constant speed requirement of the gas turbine to the fluctuating needs of a road going vehicle. a turbine produces its max HP at max rpm, which also means max fuel, max heat, max noise. a pratt & whitney pt6, rated at 750shp, is spinning at around 40000rpm. it's light though - 2 guys can easily lift it. eats 400lbs of kero an hour though....

Devil
22nd December 2004, 09:09
Wow, this has been around a while. Surprised it didnt get to Europe sooner.

Devil
22nd December 2004, 09:11
Oh and when you visit the mtt site, dont forget to click on the logo in the top left corner (speakers/headphones required). Imagine having a bike that sounded like that.

Coyote
22nd December 2004, 16:50
Your wish is my command...

http://www.vrxroadster.net/home/topics/turbine_bike.jpg
Could do with some nicer headlights

Storm
22nd December 2004, 17:33
There was a story on it in Ralph mag. Comes with a 400km/h guarrantee-money back. They haven't had any claims as yet. Only goes 32km on a tank of fuel
2 gears,1st for slowly(relativly) crawling up to 80km/h while it warms up to an exhaust operating temp of 648.4 degrees, then second for all the way to the big four hundy. Exhaust gas comes out at 1126.5 km/h, so dont put a spud in the pipe eh folks?
A bloke in Oregon (USA) was booked for 375km/h in a 70km/h zone, which is probably the biggest speeding violation I am ever likely to see outside of a fighter jet doing a flyby. Peak power at 56'000rpm
Not a bad bike then for the wheelying, "Im the big man who'll ride the nuts off anything" type for christmas then?? :Punk:

Bob
22nd December 2004, 22:10
[QUOTE=Storm] A bloke in Oregon (USA) was booked for 375km/h in a 70km/h zone, which is probably the biggest speeding violation I am ever likely to see outside of a fighter jet doing a flyby. QUOTE]

That bloke in Oregon wasn't riding a turbo-charged, jet engine powered bike - he was supposed to be on an ordinary, buy it at your local dealers Honda!

Take a look at this earlier thread for part of the story and why it was being discredited. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=5380&page=1&pp=15)

Huge amounts of doubt have been cast on the estimate of the speed, as it is based on an officer timing it on a stopwatch if I recall correctly. At the kind of speeds they are talking about, even a fraction of a second could knock loads off the actual speed.

Biff
23rd December 2004, 09:24
Fast - maybe.
Pig ugly - darned right

loosebruce
2nd January 2005, 15:22
Feed me some chilli beans and i'll show you turbine propolsion (sp) and let me tell you that MTT thingee wont stand a chance :Pokey:

Indiana_Jones
2nd January 2005, 15:56
So they finally made a bike that can hold it's own against the Fixxer :bleh:

-Indy

Coyote
3rd January 2005, 09:40
So they finally made a bike that can hold it's own against the Fixxer
And the CT110 :lol:

aff-man
3rd January 2005, 09:53
thought it was called the mk2 or something meh. She is a fast one all right and they have better looking headlights on the new one. But 32km a tank of gas :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: Feck it i didn't Know it was that bad

Coyote
3rd January 2005, 10:03
thought it was called the mk2 or something meh. She is a fast one all right and they have better looking headlights on the new one. But 32km a tank of gas :eek5: :eek5: :eek5: Feck it i didn't Know it was that bad
And isn't that a tank of kerosene? $$$

avgas
3rd January 2005, 10:11
y2k in d states, that talkshow host has got one.
250bhp (restricted via computer;)) in a munch mammut is plenty good for me

Storm
9th January 2005, 19:23
May as well refill the zippo at the same time and save time!!!
Wonder what the deal is with a restriction. Wonder how many fools crunched themselves up to cause that?? :eek:

campbellluke
9th January 2005, 20:11
Does the turbine have a cc rating? - Because this may be a potential law loop-hole for those of us who are on our restricted license !

Blakamin
9th January 2005, 20:48
Wow, this has been around a while. Surprised it didnt get to Europe sooner.
suprised is not the word!!!
Wasnt it in some crap movie a while ago???
thought it would of been everywhere!

gav
9th January 2005, 22:43
Yeah JAy Leno has one, John Cantlie ex Superbike tester now freelance rode one in Arizona, some rich bastard has 2 of them :eek5: Funny as test, cruising the main streets and just giving it some, don't think he was even wearing a helmet, just some doorag thingy on his head. Respect!!

inlinefour
26th January 2005, 03:21
The world’s first turbine-powered motorcycle, recognized by Guinness World Records as the “Most powerful production motorcycle”, will be shown for the first time at a European motor event in April 2005 at the Super Car & Bike exhibition in Moscow.

The MTT Turbine Superbike is powered by a 320 bhp Rolls Royce Allison turbine engine, produces 425 ft/lbs of torque and has been clocked at 227 MPH in less than a kilometre. For anyone who wants one, start saving the pennies now – it retails at US$150,000.

The only problem with that would be that you'd be hard pressed to find a country that will allow you to ride it in on a public road...

Dodgyiti
30th January 2005, 07:50
Wow
Shouldn't have posted the picture, I want one now. :love:
Hmm, sell house, buy caravan, camp at mum's
Put wife on the game...
Nah, wait untill a second hand one comes up more in my price range.