PDA

View Full Version : 12-hour ride event?

Timati
23rd April 2008, 09:59
It has 2 wheels so I thought i would post it here if anyone is keen. Am trying to get a team together for the 12 hour ride.

http://www.moonride.co.nz/

TOTO
23rd April 2008, 10:07
too long, no engine. would be keen if it was something with an engine. good luck.

Here is what i'm doing : http://www.rustynuts.co.nz/default.aspx?PageID=8

Timati
23rd April 2008, 10:13
too long, no engine. would be keen if it was something with an engine. good luck.
:laugh: Yeah I know but it's a challenge.

Here is what i'm doing : http://www.rustynuts.co.nz/default.aspx?PageID=8

Looks interesting. Might check it out.

jimbo600
23rd April 2008, 14:28
Thats a primo event. The Taupo day night thriller is even better in my opinion. Good luck with getting a team together.

Rosie
23rd April 2008, 14:35
We're entering two teams from work in the Moonride :D
It's not a race, it's a 12 hour party :wari:

Timati
23rd April 2008, 15:45
We're entering two teams from work in the Moonride :D
It's not a race, it's a 12 hour party :wari:

A good excuse to get a team together...

Thats a primo event. The Taupo day night thriller is even better in my opinion. Good luck with getting a team together.

Thanks mate.

Macstar
24th April 2008, 22:15
Go for it mate! The Taupo one is good with the natural hot springs but the Vegas ride is a better track.

bomma
25th April 2008, 15:18
sounds like fun man!! im too bloody unfit right now to be indulging in such rigorous exercise but will definately keep an eye on this event in the future!! any excuse to party right :banana:

ehab2weelr
25th April 2008, 15:24
sounds like fun man!! im too bloody unfit right now to be indulging in such rigorous exercise but will definately keep an eye on this event in the future!! any excuse to party right :banana:

so how many months into ur plan?? are u fit yet?? :Pokey: hahahah

bomma
25th April 2008, 15:27
so how many months into ur plan?? are u fit yet?? :Pokey: hahahah

lol didnt you read the last part...."starting TOMORROW" :whistle:

Pedrostt500
25th April 2008, 15:34
Im challenged enough as it is, and need a good lie down at the thought of exercise.

bomma
25th April 2008, 17:57
Im challenged enough as it is, and need a good lie down at the thought of exercise.

haha im doing an essay on exercise, exercise initiation and adherence and what you said is fucking hilarious!!!!!! bling well deserved :niceone:

Timati
25th April 2008, 20:01
Seems like everyone I ask has the same reply lol. "Am too unfit. Promise to start working out tomorrow". As Dushy would say HTFU guys. Don't know until you give it a go. You can lie down after partying...may be not...keep partying...

Hanne
25th April 2008, 23:06
Now, THIS one looks like fun....
Plenty of time left to screw up that 'lack of fitness' excuse too.
Barbed wire crawls, mud, and obstacle course walls!

http://www.toughguyandgal.co.nz/

(found it via your link to the bike event Timati, which is on my sister's birthday><)

motorbyclist
26th April 2008, 02:07
Seems like everyone I ask has the same reply lol. "Am too unfit. Promise to start working out tomorrow". As Dushy would say HTFU guys. Don't know until you give it a go. You can lie down after partying...may be not...keep partying...

went mountainbiking around taupo a few years, 4 hours of extreme physical exertion and motorcross muscles sure aren't built for pedalling...

honestly i find pedal bikes scary. they just feel unsafe. prolly cause they're so light and you have to pedal for power and there's no engine brake.... no problem going flat tack on a motorbike doing all sorts of stupid shit but nana it around on a pedal bike. weird huh?

Timati
26th April 2008, 12:13
Now, THIS one looks like fun....
Plenty of time left to screw up that 'lack of fitness' excuse too.
Barbed wire crawls, mud, and obstacle course walls!

http://www.toughguyandgal.co.nz/

(found it via your link to the bike event Timati, which is on my sister's birthday><)

Looks mean with the barbed wires and all. Wouldn't mind trying it out though but a birthday party sounds even better :-)

Actually there are quite a few events - http://www.eventpromotions.co.nz/

went mountainbiking around taupo a few years, 4 hours of extreme physical exertion and motorcross muscles sure aren't built for pedalling...

honestly i find pedal bikes scary. they just feel unsafe. prolly cause they're so light and you have to pedal for power and there's no engine brake.... no problem going flat tack on a motorbike doing all sorts of stupid shit but nana it around on a pedal bike. weird huh?

You have been "motorized". The pedaling ain't so hard once your thighs and calves start feeling numb. Just forget the pain...As for scary, had my brother slam his bike straight into my face...deliberately...after I shoved a stick into his front wheel while he was pedaling down a steep hill...Never thought I would see "superman" up close and personal until that day...

bomma
27th April 2008, 00:47

hahaha im not as unfit as i make out to be cuz, bike a good 11+kms each way to uni and home most days and am just startin to get back into the gym:bleh:....just wanna get a bit more fitness into me before i attempt such a ride....wanna give it a decent go ya kno:niceone:

maybe your long flowy blonde hair is meant just for motorbike helmets andy :rofl: spose westies are more used to stealin bikes than riding em tho

Timati
27th April 2008, 01:22
hahaha im not as unfit as i make out to be cuz, bike a good 11+kms each way to uni and home most days and am just startin to get back into the gym....just wanna get a bit more fitness into me before i attempt such a ride....wanna give it a decent go ya kno

That's great. Think you are fit enough to give it a go.

motorbyclist
27th April 2008, 03:01
maybe your long flowy blonde hair is meant just for motorbike helmets andy :rofl: spose westies are more used to stealin bikes than riding em tho

yeah well i do ride them like i've stolen them :D

and mine was stolen at one point too :laugh:

motorbyclist
27th April 2008, 03:02

yeah well i do ride them like i've stolen them :D

and mine was stolen at one point :laugh:

bomma
28th April 2008, 15:16
^heard you the first time andy.......:whistle:

2wheeljunkie
28th April 2008, 17:52
hermm dunt do things with no engine..:scooter:.yes im a lazy bastard..!

motorbyclist
29th April 2008, 00:02
whoops double post

the internets was pretty slow last night

Timati
29th April 2008, 09:49
Can't believe no one is keen to try it out. What's wrong with you people? haha

Rosie
12th May 2008, 16:19
Can't believe no one is keen to try it out. What's wrong with you people? haha

So, didya do it?

There were naked chicks this year :jerry:

Chrislost
13th May 2008, 19:39
It has 2 wheels so I thought i would post it here if anyone is keen. Am trying to get a team together for the 12 hour ride.

http://www.moonride.co.nz/

do you have to be fast?

Timati
17th May 2008, 16:44
So, didya do it?

There were naked chicks this year :jerry:

Missed the ride. Injured my knee so wasn't in the best of conditions to go riding. Damn missed the mamis'. Oh well, there's another event coming up.

Timati
17th May 2008, 16:45
do you have to be fast?

Yes, very fast.