PDA

View Full Version : Stuff you're looking forward to this year....

DarkLord
23rd April 2008, 14:11
Just thought I'd post a wee thread about things I'm looking forward to over this coming year, and inviting others to share the same!

Things I'm looking forward to:

New Metallica album (don't know if it will be any good or not but at least curious to give it a listen)

Star Wars: Clone Wars Animated Series (love the current animated series, looking forward to checking out the new CG one. Yes I'm a geek!)

Batman: The Dark Knight (loved Batman Begins, curious to see this)

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 2 (still no definite on this but I loved the first series, the second is a strong possibility)

Being able to say I've been at my job for a year....first decent job I've had for that long. All the others haven't worked out so it's nice things have changed.

Getting all my bills paid off...dunno if that's all going to happen this year but I'll at least make a pretty huge dent in them this year.

Seeing if I get my US Green Card in May which would mean a lifetime pass to the USA and back.

Being able to afford new tyres on the bike...can't wait for this!!!

So that's my list, or at least all I can think of right now...what's yours?

Cheers,

JG84.

Str8 Jacket
23rd April 2008, 14:24
Im definately looking forward to not blowing anymore bikes up for the rest of the year! Fingers crossed......

kiwifruit
23rd April 2008, 14:28
Rotorua 10k in 10 days

Makahika Trail Run next month (17k, hilly. Mikey and jrandom will be joining me :clap: )

The Wellington Marathon in June

Mid Winter Half Marathon, Kawerau in July

Hawkes bay!(tm) marathon in August

Sidecar 'ave a goat day in October :calm:

Auckland marathon and Napier half marathon in November

martybabe
23rd April 2008, 14:29
My best mate comming from england in November

Wolverine the movie

Next summer

A job

A new bike?

An end to house renovations :rolleyes:

vifferman
23rd April 2008, 14:31
Ummm.......... nothing.

No - wait! That's not right; I'm going to Yurp in August.
Apart from that..... nothing. :blank:

MIXONE
23rd April 2008, 14:31
New Year's Eve.

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 14:32
The 29th of this month off to the states for a month.....

september i'm old and turn 25 so I can sit my full if they haven't changed the rules yet!......then I can get the new R6

DarkLord
23rd April 2008, 14:34
Where abouts in the states are you going, firefighter?

I spent a few months last year mainly in Southern California, it was really nice but my favourite place was Nashville, Tennessee...that was beautiful.

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 14:43
Where abouts in the states are you going, firefighter?

I spent a few months last year mainly in Southern California, it was really nice but my favourite place was Nashville, Tennessee...that was beautiful.

Fly into San Francisco then connect to Vegas this tuesday, in Vegas for 3 1/2 weeks then off to L.A for a few days (knotts berry Farm, and 6 flags yeah!) then driving from L.A back up to San Francisco for 4 days, my old man has been living in Las Vegas for about 17 years, and has managed to get me in for a day with their Fire Department riding on the trucks (as a red hat but no worries) and another day in a Police squad car so that'll be awesome!

DarkLord
23rd April 2008, 14:47
Wow dude that's cool! If your Dad has been living there for that long you might be able to apply for a permanent resident's visa...ever thought about doing that?

Hope you won't have too much of a problem being on the other side of the road, and watch out for the ridiculously oversized American pick up trucks and stuff...there's lots of those damn things over there.

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 15:01
Wow dude that's cool! If your Dad has been living there for that long you might be able to apply for a permanent resident's visa...ever thought about doing that?

Hope you won't have too much of a problem being on the other side of the road, and watch out for the ridiculously oversized American pick up trucks and stuff...there's lots of those damn things over there.

hahaha, yeah I know look left not right when crossing the road! I have thought about a residents visa but the mrs managed to get a british passport so i'm weighing the two of them up.....

DingoZ
23rd April 2008, 15:06
6R
6 Full

Visiting my folks back home, and them getting to meet my fiance...

Possibly purchasing a VFR800 and visiting the South Island for the first time..

DarkLord
23rd April 2008, 15:16
Oh yes, and for me, getting my restricted too! Pity I can't go for my full for a while..damn being under 25 and all....oh well all in good time I guess.

Also, Manchester United hopefully winning the Premiership again and possibly the European Cup too...but we shall see.

yungatart
23rd April 2008, 15:17
Empty nest syndrome..
After 26 years, I can stop making school lunches and ironing school clothes!!:banana:

ManDownUnder
23rd April 2008, 15:18
Love and friends.

Anything more is a bonus

Finn
23rd April 2008, 15:18
The general election. Can't wait to get rid of dem bitches and hangers on.

ManDownUnder
23rd April 2008, 15:20

That'd the be the welfare system then? Or is that the bitchers and hangers on?

Forest
23rd April 2008, 15:20

I came here to post that!

I'm looking forward to a change in government.

DarkLord
23rd April 2008, 15:22
I came here to post that!

I'm looking forward to a change in government.

True, I forgot about that. I'm looking forward to that as well.

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 15:29
True, I forgot about that. I'm looking forward to that as well.

yeah add that to mine too

MisterD
23rd April 2008, 16:28
I'm looking forward to that tax cut Cullen promised....:doh:

Other than that? K1 and Taupo in 4 1/2 hours.

skelstar
23rd April 2008, 19:36
Walking again
Getting back on the RSV
Going back to doing some long trips on the bike again
VMCC series (supporting) and catching up with friends
Going back to spending some more time with M

Hitcher
23rd April 2008, 21:14
24 May, FJR1300 and assorted stuff goes in shipping container.

11 July, Mrs H and I fly to LAX.

13 July, FJR1300 uncrated, gassed and ridden northwards from LAX.

25 August, return to LAX and put FJR1300 back in crate with an extra 14,000km on its clock.

27 August, fly back to WLG.

marty
23rd April 2008, 21:27
Fly into San Francisco then connect to Vegas this tuesday, in Vegas for 3 1/2 weeks then off to L.A for a few days (knotts berry Farm, and 6 flags yeah!) then driving from L.A back up to San Francisco for 4 days, my old man has been living in Las Vegas for about 17 years, and has managed to get me in for a day with their Fire Department riding on the trucks (as a red hat but no worries) and another day in a Police squad car so that'll be awesome!

Get a day pass for the Stratosphere in Vegas - awesome rides!

Magic Mountain - take a car up there. Get there early. Go on EVERY ride. Twice. Tatsu, DeJaVue and 'X' are the best rides by far. The sound that the Superman Ride makes is outrageous though.

Knotts - 'Xcelerator' is great, as is the Big Splash. Get the ribs for lunch at Mrs Knotts Chicken Dinner Restaraunt :)

Brett
23rd April 2008, 23:26
Just started a new job that ROCKS. Looking forward to what that brings this year.
Heading to Malta (90mins ferry ride from Sicily in Italy) in September for 2 months, that will kick arse.
Hiring a sportsbike and riding the Nurberg ring in Germany on the same Malta trip.
We are building our new house near the country and move in in July!!
Since we will not be renting anymore, I will finally be able to get myself a puppy. (Alaskan Husy).
Foo fighters concert
Hopefully can finally afford a race bike this year.

Have also made some really good mates this year, look forward to getting to know them all better.

TOTO
23rd April 2008, 23:32
Saving Up enogh money for my upgrade to a 6 hundy after I get my full.

Doing the grand challenge with the rusty nuts

Going over to costa rica and jumping off waterfalls (probably next year)

After getting my 6 hundy going on the track.

Doing a tour of NZ in the next summer holliday.

EJK
24th April 2008, 00:05
Doing a tour down south island
Doing the CC Challenge

I really wanna go down South

fireball
24th April 2008, 01:46
i am looking forward to the simple things in life

kids smiling while im teaching them something new and somewhat challenging for them

being able to be there for friends when they need me

having my bike in good working order (or a new one even!)

also being able to wake up every morning and be able to get up and face the day with a positive outlook and take on any challenge the day throws at me because thats when i know im alive.

and bring on the CC Challenge (god i hope its a success)

NhuanH
24th April 2008, 04:50
Having been to Estoril MotoGP a couple of weeks back, looking forward to Le Mans, Mugello and Catalunya next month :cool:

Then home to Kiwiland...

Bikernereid
24th April 2008, 08:51
22nd May- that is when my gorgeous sexy Shane (OWNER) arrives in the UK

6th June- that is when we shall head off round Europe on the bike

19th Sept- hand in MSc dissertation

rest of time spenty with Shane, family and friends is the cherry on the top

Joni
24th April 2008, 09:00
Meeting my friends Riff Raff and White Trash's baby for the first time... and giving them all a huge hug! :love:

:soon:

klingon
24th April 2008, 09:09
I'm looking forward to:

Test riding a bunch of bikes (won't be able to buy one this year, but riding is always fun!)

Riding to Cape Reinga for the CC Challenge! Woohoo!

My Sis having her baby in August - my first little nephew who I plan to spoil rotten.

Helping my Mum to find a little house somewhere in the Waikato so she can finally get re-established after the death of my Dad last year (married for 47 years so huge changes for her). Will be a huge weight off my mind once she has a nice little place of her own.

Improving my riding skills & experience, putting many more safe & happy kms under my tyres.

Spending quality time with my partner, friends and family.

owner
24th April 2008, 11:02
Best year of my life so far! and there is still so much to look foward to

1 Seeing my gal in the flesh and exploring europe 2up with her
2 Seeing all my family and friends alive and well when I get back

CookMySock
24th April 2008, 11:13
shit, I can't think of anything.. :gob:

Either I have done it, and its getting old, or what ?

DB

quallman1234
24th April 2008, 13:27
Im definately looking forward to not blowing anymore bikes up for the rest of the year! Fingers crossed......

Fuckit, you just jynxed it!

Jokes!

BuFfY
24th April 2008, 14:23
Things I am looking forward to...

The rest of the year with my fabulous first class

Seeing my Mum and Dad on the 7th when I graduate

The huge payrise I will get once I graduate, which will mean I will be able to live very comfortably (in comparison to being a student for far too long)

Spending time infront of the beautiful fire in my room over the long winter nights.

Filming a decent 48 hour film this year with pyro!! wouldn't be hard to be better than last years though haha

Finding out I have a clean bill of health in a month or two, finally setting my mind at ease!!

I think 2008 is going to be a super year :sunny:

Beemer
24th April 2008, 14:43
Graduating on May 13 - an end to one course of study at long last!

Finishing my final two papers for another study programme at the end of 2008.

Getting the lino laid in our newly renovated bathroom and finally being able to have that glass of champagne in a bubble bath to relax after a ride!

My mother's estate being finalised and never having to speak to the BATS (bitter and twisted siblings) ever again.

Emptying my study of all the crap I'm selling on Trade Me...

The two new clients I've just got turning into heaps more regular work and ensuring my financial survival for another year!

Catching up with friends who have been neglected while I was studying and my mum was ill.

Hopefully getting back to Sydney again as four days wasn't long enough last month!

martybabe
24th April 2008, 16:54
Doing a tour down south island
Doing the CC Challenge

I really wanna go down South

ok,I give in. pommy question 368: please sir what is the cc challenge? should I be excited at all? :rolleyes:

madandy
24th April 2008, 17:25
Son Miles saying first word.
Miles taking first step.
Receiving a bonus and raise.
Returning to a doiuble income!
More Miles on the Duke :D
Visiting family & friends down south with Miles.
Skiing.

mstriumph
24th April 2008, 17:29
................. and watch out for the ridiculously oversized American pick up trucks and stuff...there's lots of those damn things over there.

... and, from the look of 'supersize me' the ridiculously oversized American burgers, too :shutup:

..... lots of THEM over there as well, methinks!!

mstriumph
24th April 2008, 17:31
........never having to speak to the BATS (bitter and twisted siblings) ever again.............. that's so sad on top of everything else .... sorry for you

Gubb
24th April 2008, 18:00
ok,I give in. pommy question 368: please sir what is the cc challenge? should I be excited at all? :rolleyes:

Check my signature. I'm excited.

martybabe
24th April 2008, 18:12
Check my signature. I'm excited.

aaahhh! thanx and good luck dude. :apint:

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 19:30
Drinking fine Malts, eating well, and getting laid.

Not necessarily in that order

Daffyd
24th April 2008, 19:44
Getting my house sold and starting a new chapter in my life, on the road.