PDA

View Full Version : How much fun are wheelies

**R1**
17th December 2004, 09:46
man i love doing wheelies, stoppies, call me a show off but how cool is it to get all ya gear on leatherd up with the iridium visor go in2 twn and play with all the boy racers man there cars are slow, im not a "young hoon" by any stretch of the imagination, just cant stop myself, all you oldez probly think im givn bikers a bad name and what not but if theres a group of people standing on the side of the road i have to do a wheelie :devil2: . how fast has any1 gone on the back wheel? on my old 750 i had no idea(speedo ran off frnt wheel) on the r1 i have done 244kph :2guns:

vifferman
17th December 2004, 09:54
Managed a couple of smallish power wheelies this morning, giving the VifFerraRi some handfuls on the way to work. It's a bit harder than the FahrtSturm, which wheelied very readily off the throttle at low-mid revs, whereas the VifFerraRi is a bit heavier, carries the weight further forward, and develops peak torque/HP around 9k RPM.
But it's still satisfying. :headbang: And fun.

How much trouble can you get into doing them though? Can you be sure that people whom you thought would admire your prowess and big nads aren't going to going to take exception to you enjoying yourself? :spudwhat:

Hitcher
17th December 2004, 09:57
Jesus wept. I can't help it but for some strange reason the word "moron" flashes before my eyes. Repeatedly.

Yes, I do think that this sort of testosterone-charged willy-waggling gives all bikers a bad name. Even worse, is that when conducted as "described" it will probably get people badly hurt or killed.

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.

Motoracer
17th December 2004, 09:59
If only I could do them :confused2

One day...

manuboy
17th December 2004, 10:05
Probably just waiting for a post from Death_Inc here are we?

Only time i popped a wheelie on a road bike was one sunny day a couple'o months back where i had the partner on the back and a GTO with mid-life-crisis-man<sup>tm</sup> beside me.

And i got a whack on the skull-cap for that little mistake.

I assume we're (where just for hitcher?) counting big planned mono's and not the gentle lift of the front wheel when hammering it out of a 2nd gear corner?

Quasievil
17th December 2004, 10:14

One day...
Me to MR, I did one draggin of Gixerboy on full power, didnt even mean to, but it was cool as! would love to do it as and when I wanted but it scares me a bit to be honest, flipping etc.
I think though its something thats cool to do, but not all the time and pick your moments carefully

vifferman
17th December 2004, 10:15
Jesus wept. I can't help it but for some strange reason the word "moron" flashes before my eyes. Repeatedly.

Yes, I do think that this sort of testosterone-charged willy-waggling gives all bikers a bad name. Even worse, is that when conducted as "described" it will probably get people badly hurt or killed.

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.My bad. :(

But I must admit, that almost all my wheelies (apart from one big, stupid, somewhat clumsy and one from the traffic lights last year, which I immediately decided was a mistake) are more or less unintended, and almost always conducted away from spectators, as that's not the point, for me at least.

jrandom
17th December 2004, 10:17

Bollocks, dude, just whack the throttle open on the K2! Where's the hassle?

FWIW, I entirely agree with Hitcher on the utter foolishness of doing 200kph-plus, or even 100kph-plus, wheelies on the road, just because your bike *can*.

Unfortunately the original post, in my opinion, is an excellent argument for why bikes like R1Aaron's are sometimes a bad idea. For some people.

Popping the front a little, away from the lights, can be forgiven. As can lifting the rear coming up to them. The keys are speed (as in a lack thereof), control, restraint and discretion.

But high-speed wheelies and other hard-out penis-waggling stunting should, like other forms of masturbation, be performed away from taxpayer-funded facilities.

Motoracer
17th December 2004, 10:31
Bollocks, dude, just whack the throttle open on the K2! Where's the hassle?

FWIW, I entirely agree with Hitcher on the utter foolishness of doing 200kph-plus, or even 100kph-plus, wheelies on the road, just because your bike *can*.

Unfortunately the original post, in my opinion, is an excellent argument for why bikes like R1Aaron's are sometimes a bad idea. For some people.

Popping the front a little, away from the lights, can be forgiven. As can lifting the rear coming up to them. The keys are speed (as in a lack thereof), control, restraint and discretion.

But high-speed wheelies and other hard-out penis-waggling stunting should, like other forms of masturbation, be performed away from taxpayer-funded facilities.JR, my excuse for being a pussy is that I'd rather not experiment with my race bike. Eg, I can not afford repairs if I fuck it up. Seriously, I am still paying off the bike. I know about 80% of the people out there are in the same situation and still some have the balls to give it a go... good on em and I have respect for em. I have tried wheelies before, every single time I muckup a landing, I have visions of wrecking my precious Ohlins fork internals, my precious DID chain, which I'd rather wear out at the track doing laps.

I have "wheelied" as in getting it up, carying it on for a few seconds maximum and then landing it but I mean, I can't get it up nicely everytime, go up through the gears and end up doing 210kmph on the back wheel (which is entirely possible on my bike with the right rider). It is all about practice. One day, when I can afford repairs or a second decent bike, I might give it a proper go.

P.S. With mordern 600cc+ sports bikes, I think you'd find it rather hard to do under 100kmph wheelies. Infact, it would require a hell of a lot more skill to keep your proper wheelies under a 100Kmph.

**R1**
17th December 2004, 10:35
Yeah i thought there would be some ill feeling toward it as far as puplic safty etc big high speed wake you up wheelies should of course be done on the open road away from joe(Booring want to live forever)average, slow controled wheelies and rolling stoppies are for spectator pleasure, as for trouble god dam i have had to do more runners for 30-60kph wheelies than speeding and b4 you all go nuts about failing to stop i have lost my licence many a time and paid a small fortune out in fines(probly enough to buy a new o4 R1) but at this point in my life im not willing to stop riding i dont like bussing and the copperz cars are so slow, i have put serious thought into ditching the plate painting the bike black and F@$k the law all together, but that as i think one of you said drums up words like moron, its hard to describe how much i love riding my bike the way i do, i mean i have been on bikes since i was 7 i only have a restricted car licence that i only got to take the kids to school, other wise i would only have a bike

**R1**
17th December 2004, 10:36
Yeah i thought there would be some ill feeling toward it as far as puplic safty etc big high speed wake you up wheelies should of course be done on the open road away from joe(Booring want to live forever)average, slow controled wheelies and rolling stoppies are for spectator pleasure, as for trouble god dam i have had to do more runners for 30-60kph wheelies than speeding and b4 you all go nuts about failing to stop i have lost my licence many a time and paid a small fortune out in fines(probly enough to buy a new o4 R1) but at this point in my life im not willing to stop riding i dont like bussing and the copperz cars are so slow, i have put serious thought into ditching the plate painting the bike black and F@$k the law all together, but that as i think one of you said drums up words like moron, its hard to describe how much i love riding my bike the way i do, i mean i have been on bikes since i was 7 i only have a restricted car licence that i only got to take the kids to school, other wise i would only have a bike, i have never hurt any1 i have never caused a crash, whats the harm i dont think im any more dangerous than mum putting lippy on while driving the kids to school

jimbo600
17th December 2004, 10:58
man i love doing wheelies, stoppies, call me a show off but how cool is it to get all ya gear on leatherd up with the iridium visor go in2 twn and play with all the boy racers man there cars are slow, im not a "young hoon" by any stretch of the imagination, just cant stop myself, all you oldez probly think im givn bikers a bad name and what not but if theres a group of people standing on the side of the road i have to do a wheelie :devil2: . how fast has any1 gone on the back wheel? on my old 750 i had no idea(speedo ran off frnt wheel) on the r1 i have done 244kph :2guns:

Wheelies are the bizzo mate. Love em to bits. Right place and time though. I prefer to do them in the middle of town in front of as many people as I can. Outside womens beach vollyball training camps are good too.

2_SL0
17th December 2004, 11:10
. Outside womens beach vollyball training camps are good too.

I can just see me attempting that, fall flat on face, all I can hear is the screams of laughter. Good job I dont plan on doing any intentional wheelies.

Motu
17th December 2004, 11:19
I don't do it on bikes - you are too far away from the audeance and you don't get the full effect of their enjoyment.I've got an old coat I got at the Sally Op Shop,then I cut the legs off a pair of jeans - man,you should hear those school girls scream...they just love me....

Hitcher
17th December 2004, 11:27
Yeah i thought there would be some ill feeling toward it as far as puplic safty etc big high speed wake you up wheelies should of course be done on the open road away from joe(Booring want to live forever)average, slow controled wheelies and rolling stoppies are for spectator pleasure, as for trouble god dam i have had to do more runners for 30-60kph wheelies than speeding and b4 you all go nuts about failing to stop i have lost my licence many a time and paid a small fortune out in fines(probly enough to buy a new o4 R1) but at this point in my life im not willing to stop riding i dont like bussing and the copperz cars are so slow, i have put serious thought into ditching the plate painting the bike black and F@$k the law all together, but that as i think one of you said drums up words like moron, its hard to describe how much i love riding my bike the way i do, i mean i have been on bikes since i was 7 i only have a restricted car licence that i only got to take the kids to school, other wise i would only have a bike, i have never hurt any1 i have never caused a crash, whats the harm i dont think im any more dangerous than mum putting lippy on while driving the kids to school
I think you need some new friends. Let's start with Mr Fullstop and Mrs Capital-letter...

Biff
17th December 2004, 11:39
There's no sweeter feeling than being at some traffic lights when some dick in a so called fast car (normally a he anyway) fancies his chances revving like a freak. Then he pulls off, you give it some right, glide past with the front end rising making him look like a complete dork, then you settle down to a relatively law abiding speed while he speeds off like a banshee. You know you could out do him. You don't. Live smugly in the knowledge that you could, any time.

With a couple of young kids a wife and a good life I'd rather not risk loosing all of that either by being banged up in prison being used as some drug crazed psychos bitch because I killed some innocent bystander, or die and force my wife and kids and the rest of my family and friends to suffer the pain in loosing a loved one.

There's a time and a place...............

dss3
17th December 2004, 11:46
I prefer to do them in the middle of town in front of as many people as I can. Outside womens beach vollyball training camps are good too.

:killingme :killingme :killingme

im with jimbo on this one!...

Coyote
17th December 2004, 11:55
My KX is awesome. Everytime you open up the throttle, you get a wheelie, or wheelspin. As for the CBR, I don't wanna try anything that may result to losing my beloved licence.

Storm
17th December 2004, 12:12
Everything in its time and place. Must agree, I am all for stunting it in a controlled fashion at an appropriate venue. I like my license, and I dont want to wreck either a) my bike (and me !! :doctor: ) ; or b) someone watching or thier property. Like I always say, its not you I worry about, its the fu$%knuckle who plows into you I worry about.
Also if you get busted and losse your license, you lose ALL your license and thus get to enjoy many fine forms of public transport, such as buses, trains and hitching :argh:

MSTRS
17th December 2004, 12:31
I'd have to agree with label of F%$#KNUCKLE tosser loser :moon: He says says he's not a young hoon, I guess his brain got swapped for his ballbag & then the brain went missing Wot the hell is so cool about all that reckless endangerment?? Temporary visitor Grow up

jrandom
17th December 2004, 12:33
JR, my excuse for being a pussy is that I'd rather not experiment with my race bike.

True, I know. You're just showing your maturity there mate. Hey, once you get that FXR going, you'll be Mr Wheelie...

Infact, it would require a hell of a lot more skill to keep your proper wheelies under a 100Kmph.

My point igzackly. Like you say, with a big bike, high-speed wheelies are more about big balls and throwing caution to the wind than any particular mad skillz. Yes, yes, I know some skill is required, but it all starts with risk acceptance. Personally, I'd like to think I'm starting to grow out of the big-balls-and-throwing-caution-to-the-wind phase. Hurty things seem to happen to me with reasonable regularity when I let myself slide back into it.

Oh, yes, and to Mister R1 'dissing people who want to live for a long time' Aaron above, well, dude, I'll be happy to come round and put you out of your misery any time you want. Since you're obviously a civic-minded individual, I'm sure you'd prefer that to imposing the cost of a messy motorcycle accident on society in general.

Motoracer
17th December 2004, 13:00
Lol, the only reason why I am bothering with the FXR is cause I wana learn wheelies on it. When I found out how much you sold your FXR to Tony for, I was like :crybaby:. I didn't know if the amount I was going to offer would have been too little/offensive so I didn’t bother. Silly me. Now I am in the hunt for a new motor again.

Anywhoo… Mr. R1/KDX, if I say anything to contradict your riding, I'll be running into the risk of being hypocritical. It's just that we all have different standards of safety (of our own and the public), so I can't say my standards are correct. I just hope that you have better judgment in real life than what your post indicates.

jrandom
17th December 2004, 13:04
Lol, the only reason why I am bothering with the FXR is cause I wana learn wheelies on it. When I found out how much you sold your FXR to Tony for, I was like :crybaby:. I didn't know if the amount I was going to offer would have been too little/offensive so I didn’t bother. Silly me. Now I am in the hunt for a new motor again.

Silly you, indeed! You should have given me a yell. I wasn't interested in squeezing however many extra hundred dollars or whatever out of it, it didn't make a big enough difference to me to do a proper 'get the best price' exercise. And I'd make the world's worst salesman.

I just didn't want to spend a minute longer or another dollar looking after the thing, and so long as I got more than the wreckers were likely to pay, it was all good. Didn't I *say* that in my post about it? I was expecting to hear from you.

Ah, well, it's Frosty's now... fear the power!

aff-man
17th December 2004, 17:08
I LOVE EM TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Problem is the 400 needs to be clutched up so everything over like 40cm get a bit hairy cause she comes up very very fast. Had to stop doing them cause i had the seals and oil changed and the mechanic told me to keep the front wheel on the ground :baby: :weep: :weep: . Don't want to blow the new seals case i'm trying to sell. But just wait till i get a 600 :eek: :headbang: :headbang:

onearmedbandit
17th December 2004, 17:34
I've gotta say, I love them as well. The feeling of floating on the back wheel is out of this world, just something magical about it. And yes the looks I get when people realise I just mono'ed onearmed is kinda very cool!! However, I love my bike, I love my life, I love my g/f, I love my daughter, so I try and pick and choose my time and place well. Fastest I've had pre accident from standstill, 4th gear 170km/h. Fastest post-accident, 140km/h 3rd gear. I'll keep wheelieing as long as they make bikes with two wheels.

**R1**
17th December 2004, 17:52
I think you need some new friends. Let's start with Mr Fullstop and Mrs Capital-letter...

get over your self. :puke: i aint an english teacher, im a brain dead biker that cant spell.

if you have trouble following what i type read aother post.

i have had heaps of PM's from people telling me good one for enjoying myself and to ignore the members like you :moon:

Two Smoker
17th December 2004, 17:57
Anywhoo… Mr. R1/KDX, if I say anything to contradict your riding, I'll be running into the risk of being hypocritical. It's just that we all have different standards of safety (of our own and the public), so I can't say my standards are correct. I just hope that you have better judgment in real life than what your post indicates.

I second this too, but i dont want to contradict myself as well...... How about riding on the track?????? Thats where real balls and skills come out to play....

Oh yeah, just waiting for WHEELIE GOD!!!!! Death to reply hehehe....

DEATH_INC.
17th December 2004, 18:00
I guess I'm obliged to answer this one......
First,wheelies are not dangerous if done properly and in the right places,but many of the members of the public don't know this,and often probably think you're outta control.It's really funny the different 'hand signals' you get from different folks,both positive and not.
The speed thing is difficult,it is harder to wheelie at lower speeds,I'm usually doing about 100 when I pull her up,then usually get to about 180ish at times.Like most things on a sportbike,they're more comfortable at higher speeds than legal one's.
At the risk of being labeled a (insert you favorite insult here...),I also will continue as I do,to me these activities are what I enjoy about a motorcycle.When they give me somewhere legal and accesible to do it I will go there,but for now the roads gonna have to do.

**R1**
17th December 2004, 18:01
I'd have to agree with label of F%$#KNUCKLE tosser loser :moon: He says says he's not a young hoon, I guess his brain got swapped for his ballbag & then the brain went missing Wot the hell is so cool about all that reckless endangerment?? Temporary visitor Grow up

as for temporary i have been doing it since i started riding, M8 if you cant do it you shouldnt bag those of us that have the balls 2, y the f@$k would you own an 1100 if you want to ride like a nana, buy a harly or sumthing, all i did was start a post 2 hear from people who ride like i do, not to hear from some wingy pricks who would rather bag us for having fun, do u see me making fun of you and your boyfreind? i dont like what you do but i keep that to myself.

DEATH_INC.
17th December 2004, 18:02
I second this too, but i dont want to contradict myself as well...... How about riding on the track?????? Thats where real balls and skills come out to play....

Oh yeah, just waiting for WHEELIE GOD!!!!! Death to reply hehehe....
Tracks are great,but where's the track I can go to anytime without spending the few spare dollars I need for fuel to get in???

marty
17th December 2004, 18:02
get over your self. :puke: i aint an english teacher, im a brain dead biker that cant spell.

if you have trouble following what i type read aother post.

i have had heaps of PM's from people telling me good one for enjoying myself and to ignore the members like you :moon:

man - no-one ever sends me a pm telling me how great I am - not even honda! and aaron - here's a heads-up - 28 isn't old.

marty
17th December 2004, 18:04
in fact, i wish i was 28 again, then i could be young, dumb and full of (insert appropriate member waggling item in here) again, whereas at 36, i'm only one of those things....

Two Smoker
17th December 2004, 18:09
Tracks are great,but where's the track I can go to anytime without spending the few spare dollars I need for fuel to get in???
Coro Loop :shifty: ..... hehehe. You are definately one guy i would love to see go around the track mate :niceone:

DEATH_INC.
17th December 2004, 18:15
in fact, i wish i was 28 again, then i could be young, dumb and full of (insert appropriate member waggling item in here) again, whereas at 36, i'm only one of those things....
Mate,36 is still hoonable,I'm older than that

sAsLEX
17th December 2004, 18:21
At the risk of being labeled a (insert you favorite insult here...),I also will continue as I do,to me these activities are what I enjoy about a motorcycle.When they give me somewhere legal and accesible to do it I will go there,but for now the roads gonna have to do.

Fuck mate, would rather ride with you coming past on one wheel any day out the back blocks than have to deal with the pond scum on the motorways that seem out to kill me!

On the way to Paeroa earlier in the year, me being newbie, I was struggling in the wind and Death comes by up on one wheel looking far more stable than I! I was a greater risk to the public riding along near the 100k mark than he was at just faster than that.

mmmm bourbon makes for great posts......not

Kickaha
17th December 2004, 19:57

Ah but it's a lot easier to pretend you're fast on the road than go and find out you're slow on the track!

WINJA
17th December 2004, 21:36
thank goodness i thought i was the only one left, i always like to see someone else riding hard and doing stands and stoppies and shit.just as long as you do this stuff moderatly safely then its all good fun.just ignore all the fags on this site who say dont do this and dont do that , i sometimes wonder why some people even get a bike they may as well catch a bus.

Sensei
17th December 2004, 21:52
How do you pretend to be fast on the road ?? Have a Guy that does Mono's on a R1 here & video's them to . From what I hear & have seen he's pretty good at it . But as i found out from year's of mono's on dirt bike's you will go over at sometime . Not a worry when at a beach or farm, but flip on the open road can be very different & cause yourself & other's harm . WE all have something that does it for us when we ride . Stoppy's, Mono's ,Two wheel drift's ,Track Day's . All we have to remeber is that if thing's go wrong will anyone else get hurt from it ,if so it may not be the right place to do it . So go somewhere which is Have fun but not at other's Cost
SENSEI

**R1**
17th December 2004, 22:31
Ah but it's a lot easier to pretend you're fast on the road than go and find out you're slow on the track!

fully the track rocks, i cant afford to race all the time yet :soon: but i have done have ago days, only got passed by on 04 R1 on slicks the last time out, and i plan on doing the brittan race nxt year, the thing i find with the track is there are rich and cant ride, sponsored and aint bad, broke and crap(but having fun), and talented but broke, on the road its all relitive i guess but it s not all money driven, i think i said all that right, u get what i mean anyway.

as for pretending on the road hhhmmm na i am fast when ya nxt in chch come find out, or the track im easy. :devil2:

Two Smoker
17th December 2004, 22:45
Yep, im slow as hell on the track.... but then again im slow as hell on the road too :(

avgas
17th December 2004, 22:53
I love wheelies and stoppies, and burnouts.
I just cant remember how to do them well, might get some practice in when the supermarket car parks go emtpy after xmas
However i have to agree, there is a line between being a stuntsperson (not all are guys), and an arrogant dick.
The boy racer scene has proved this to us

MD
18th December 2004, 08:25
There's no sweeter feeling than being at some traffic lights when some dick in a so called fast car (normally a he anyway) fancies his chances revving like a freak. Then he pulls off, you give it some right, glide past with the front end rising making him look like a complete dork, then you settle down to a relatively law abiding speed while he speeds off like a banshee. You know you could out do him. You don't. Live smugly in the knowledge that you could, any time.

With a couple of young kids a wife and a good life I'd rather not risk loosing all of that either by being banged up in prison being used as some drug crazed psychos bitch because I killed some innocent bystander, or die and force my wife and kids and the rest of my family and friends to suffer the pain in loosing a loved one.

There's a time and a place...............
How did you do that? Reach into my mind and say all the stuff I would have said, especially the family bit.
For good or bad wheelies and stoppies are addictive and like a lot of you I find the whole riding experience is a buzz right from the moment you start putting your gear on. You take on another persona and its a happy place. BUT, I also want to visit that happy place the next day, the next week and for years to come so some discretion is required. Biff baff said it "There's a time and place". You're right Death Inc, the track may be the right place but none of us can just pop around the corner to the track for an hour of fun.
I personally don't find wheelies dangerous so long as you remember you and the bike are a projectile and if you loose it/flip/whatever, momentum will carry you+bike directly forward give or take 10-15 degrees. This is always my first consideration (being such a considerate bastard) to ask myself if it goes wrong who is in harms way. Never without clear open visibility ahead, or towards intersections, pedestrians, crowds or furry animals (exceptions being anyone into rap music or any other activity that annoys me). In fact that's really it, check ahead, clear road -GO. Just make sure it's a case of do unto yourself and not others.
Yes some could argue I have passed cars on the back wheel but same principle applies - my momentum would not send me into reverse.
Good to see that there are more like minded riders around and we are not twenty something juvenile delinquents, we're 40 something delinquents still able to get a buzz.
Do it safely Guys
MD

Bonez
18th December 2004, 08:33

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.Snap!!! Was thinking the same thing myself. We have an idiot on a GS1200SS who does weelies on the main roads here, the f##$tard. Also a silly twat on a mini bike that does stupid stunts in rush hour traffic.

Kickaha
18th December 2004, 10:07
fully the track rocks, i cant afford to race all the time yet :soon: but i have done have ago days

as for pretending on the road hhhmmm na i am fast when ya nxt in chch come find out, or the track im easy. :devil2:

A have a go day isn't the same as a proper race and you're not up against the best riders the club has to offer

At club days you can now get day licences so you dont have to wait for the have a go days,next is the 20th Jan I think.

Fast on the road,I couldn't really give a toss about,but I've seen a few guys who think they're fast front up at club days and most of them find they're not quite as fast as they thought they were

I don't have a road bike capable of going fast anyway and my bucket (unless it was a kart track) or running the sidecar against a R1 wouldn't be a even competition on the track, although the sidecar might beat you off the line and then I could make it seem fairly wide :rolleyes:

mattt
18th December 2004, 10:10

I am as big a fan as anybody of skillful stunting. But in an appropriate place at an appropriate time. Please.

Don't mock what you can't do...

MSTRS
18th December 2004, 10:34
as for temporary i have been doing it since i started riding, M8 if you cant do it you shouldnt bag those of us that have the balls 2, y the f@$k would you own an 1100 if you want to ride like a nana, buy a harly or sumthing, all i did was start a post 2 hear from people who ride like i do, not to hear from some wingy pricks who would rather bag us for having fun, do u see me making fun of you and your boyfreind? i dont like what you do but i keep that to myself.
Do I detect an everso slight touchiness?? Keep it on the track & then you could afford it anytime instead of personally sponsoring 5 cops & all their equipment

Bonez
18th December 2004, 11:23
Do I detect an everso slight touchiness?? Keep it on the track & then you could afford it anytime instead of personally sponsoring 5 cops & all their equipmentUnfortunately some thick sculled folk just don't "get it". :whistle:

MSTRS
18th December 2004, 13:32
Unfortunately some thick sculled folk just don't "get it". :whistle:
Yeah I do...........and I get to keep it too.

**R1**
18th December 2004, 13:50
Do I detect an everso slight touchiness?? Keep it on the track & then you could afford it anytime instead of personally sponsoring 5 cops & all their equipment

i think to sponsor the coppers it would mean regular payments and stopping for the ticket, i gave that up years ago, perhaps you :love: and hitcher :love: could join the force, you seem pretty concerned with the safty of the entire world, even at the expence of your own fun, packing a lunch and cruising for a picnic dosent sound that great to me.

**R1**
18th December 2004, 13:59
[QUOTE=Kickaha]A have a go day isn't the same as a proper race and you're not up against the best riders the club has to offer

At club days you can now get day licences so you dont have to wait for the have a go days,next is the 20th Jan I think.

Fast on the road,I couldn't really give a toss about,but I've seen a few guys who think they're fast front up at club days and most of them find they're not quite as fast as they thought they were

I don't have a road bike capable of going fast anyway and my bucket (unless it was a kart track) or running the sidecar against a R1 wouldn't be a even competition on the track, although the sidecar might beat you off the line and then I could make it seem fairly wide :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

go to the track hhhhmm

last time i went and was doing a heap of wheelies i got black flaged :thud:

WINJA
18th December 2004, 15:11
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4684 IS THIS THE SORT OF THING YOU DO?

MSTRS
18th December 2004, 15:12
[QUOTE=R1AaronKDX

go to the track hhhhmm

last time i went and was doing a heap of wheelies i got black flaged :thud:[/QUOTE]
It's a conspiracy, everyone's out to get you. :2guns: Wait til the voices start :sweatdrop

NC
18th December 2004, 15:34
Everytime I show off, I fuck it up. So I don't bother anymore :whistle:

aff-man
18th December 2004, 15:40

So why are your tyres always bald???? Do you sand them??? :eek5: :eek5:

Two Smoker
18th December 2004, 15:54
Is this the kind of thing you do???

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=4519&highlight=Post+Rider

Wheelie what you've got i say.... (well i said that when i was on the CT110)

and this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=146&pos=65

and this http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2927&page=10&pp=15&highlight=Bike+Wrecking+Pics

see we are out there, but we just dont voice it as much....

2_SL0
18th December 2004, 16:13

Im slow on the road, Ive got a pretty good idea Ill be bloody slow on the track as well. hehehehe. :scooter:

2_SL0
18th December 2004, 16:20

Thats me to a tee, even the simple things. I.E in front of a group of people, I have in my head "Dont stall dont stall dont stall" Guess what happins, hehehe. God I shouldnt even be on a bike lolol, or in a car. Christ put me back in my plastic bubble. :spudwave:

**R1**
18th December 2004, 16:21
yeah something like that

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=6

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=7

Two Smoker
18th December 2004, 20:38
Dont think the pics worked mate :( ......

WINJA
18th December 2004, 20:40
yeah something like that

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=6

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=7
SOMETHING LIKE WHAT SOME BOXES WITH X IN THEM?

Hitcher
18th December 2004, 21:13
Don't mock what you can't do...
Reread my post. Where was I "mocking"? Indeed on rereading you may note my expressed admiration for skilled stunters. My caution was appropriate time, appropriate place.

dangerous
19th December 2004, 09:45
as for temporary i have been doing it since i started riding
And sooner or latter....... dont spose you knew Troy (had only one leg due to m/b crash) he had a ZX12 and rode like you, he's passed me at 200k on the rear wheel........ but he fuked up all the same just out of Hornby by F&H entered a 4x4 through the grill.

Now ya only have to ask anyone that I ride with I ant no saint and just cant help myself at times...... but theres a right time and a right place.... or should that be theres a wrong time and a wrong place..... Troys was.

MSTRS
19th December 2004, 09:58
And sooner or latter....... dont spose you knew Troy (had only one leg due to m/b crash) he had a ZX12 and rode like you, he's passed me at 200k on the rear wheel........ but he fuked up all the same just out of Hornby by F&H entered a 4x4 through the grill.

Now ya only have to ask anyone that I ride with I ant no saint and just cant help myself at times...... but theres a right time and a right place.... or should that be theres a wrong time and a wrong place..... Troys was.
Eggzkery. Didn't know Troy, but have known others. One that comes to mind.....did the perfect showoff wheelie, came down in time for the corner....
whoops, side stand still down = instant catapult onto the rocks at Eastbourne :bye:

Frankie
19th December 2004, 09:59
Managed a couple of smallish power wheelies this morning,

In Takapuna was it ?

NC
19th December 2004, 10:15
So why are your tyres always bald???? Do you sand them??? :eek5: :eek5:
I don't "showoff" you know? Do trix infront of people...

NC
19th December 2004, 10:17
Thats me to a tee, even the simple things. I.E in front of a group of people, I have in my head "Dont stall dont stall dont stall" Guess what happins, hehehe. God I shouldnt even be on a bike lolol, or in a car. Christ put me back in my plastic bubble. :spudwave:
HAHA the brushes in my starter are fuct, so in my head I'm saying "please start, please start...I don't wanna push start the bike"... :crybaby:

aff-man
19th December 2004, 10:42
I don't "showoff" you know? Do trix infront of people...

Burnouts??? they are tricks. :whistle: :whistle:

White trash
20th December 2004, 06:47
fully the track rocks, i cant afford to race all the time yet :soon: but i have done have ago days, only got passed by on 04 R1 on slicks the last time out, and i plan on doing the brittan race nxt year, the thing i find with the track is there are rich and cant ride, sponsored and aint bad, broke and crap(but having fun), and talented but broke, on the road its all relitive i guess but it s not all money driven, i think i said all that right, u get what i mean anyway.

See you in Feb.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 08:21
See you in Feb.

sweet, is that your thou? you shoulda gone Yammy, now when i beet you, you will blame ya bike..... na just kidding.
god dam there is someone on here with some balls.

White trash
20th December 2004, 08:25
now when i beet you, you will blame ya bike.....

Ditto

god dam there is someone on here with some balls.

Most of the ballsy people keep quiet.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 08:27

yeah i knew Troy, top guy, hey im no saint either but a few people seem to have the impresion im a loon,

how does that mental illness add go, know me b4 you judge me.

im all for the right time right place, im not about to go doing 200kph wheelies in town :eek5: or right infront of coppers, and i dont think i could give bikers a bad name we have had that since day 1

**R1**
20th December 2004, 08:33
Reread my post. Where was I "mocking"? Indeed on rereading you may note my expressed admiration for skilled stunters. My caution was appropriate time, appropriate place.

im sure you were calling me a mooron, and whats the big deal with grammar, i cant help but see the word anal flash b4 my eyes.

jrandom
20th December 2004, 09:09
im sure you were calling me a mooron, and whats the big deal with grammar, i cant help but see the word anal flash b4 my eyes.

No, he was calling you a 'moron'. And if he was Bugs Bunny, he might have called you a 'maroon'.

The big deal with grammar is that, unfortunately, there are a bunch of literary eddicated grumpy old farts on this forum. If you're a good chap who doesn't annoy them, they don't mind typos and grammatical stuff-ups. But if you come across as a twat, be prepared for the occasional prod about the fact that your communication style paints you as one of the great unwashed.

You see, respecting the sanctity and importance of language isn't anal. It's what we do as a rearguard action against the stupidity of the mob.

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 09:27
If the grammar police don't like what they're reading, I'm sure its no problem for them to shake their head quietly, sigh to themselves, and just move on. Not everyone needs to subscribe to their ideals. Hey, thats what makes us individuals.

jrandom
20th December 2004, 09:40
If the grammar police don't like what they're reading, I'm sure its no problem for them to shake their head quietly, sigh to themselves, and just move on. Not everyone needs to subscribe to their ideals. Hey, thats what makes us individuals.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing..."

The ongoing degradation of written and spoken language is a terrible thing.

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 10:02
Welcome back WT!

Coyote
20th December 2004, 10:08
Wht mks u sez tht?

jrandom
20th December 2004, 10:14
Wht mks u sez tht?

*You* know why.

It's also been my observation that generally speaking, Motorcycle People tend to be a cut above average.

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 10:47
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing..."

Ok, I know a poster here who doesn't worry about grammar or spelling, but who in real life is very intelligent, well spoken and concise. I wish people would stop taking themselves so seriously on the net. Get over it, you are not going to change their ways. And in reality the English we speak today is no doubt a degradation from how it was spoken and written a long time ago, at least in the eyes of those that used it. Languages, like people, constantly evolve.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 12:11
well said onearmedbandit. This thread was started to share fun wheelie experiences with other like minded people, not to bag some1 for having fun or bad grammar. I have only just joined KB and only did so to chat with other people who love riding bikes as much as i do, man was that a mistake, so far i have had to check that i havnt joind a knitting group or some kind of freaky english grammar on line class. if i have said anything that appalled, outraged, upset humiliated any1, i apoligise. but rather than filling a thread that i thought would be interesting with negative opinions, why not start a thread to talk about all the idiots that piss you off. In my opinion this site is for people to discuss, comment on a wide range of topics, how comfortable would somone be replying to this thread when all they will get is ridicule, whitch i too am now guilty of. should not every1 be treated as an equell regardless of age, ability, and grammar skills?

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 13:29
Yeah it would be a far better place if people would just not take themselves same damn seriously. We are here to shoot the shit over bikes, biking related topics (with the exception of rave on), not judge others on irrelavant things like grammar. With your thick-skin r1aaronkdx you'll soon wear these types down. Wasn't too long ago people moaned about WINJA's posts because he always used CAPS. Told them he wasn't gonna change, didn't and those moaners have moved on.

jrandom
20th December 2004, 13:34
Ok, I know a poster here who doesn't worry about grammar or spelling, but who in real life is very intelligent, well spoken and concise. I wish people would stop taking themselves so seriously on the net.

Meh. Fairy nuff.

I too have known people who come across well face-to-face, but lack written language skills, and I think that's a shame.

It's no huge extra effort to spell and grammatise reasonably correctly when writing. Why *not* do it? I don't enjoy having to squint at a post trying to decipher someone's unpunctuated misspelled ramblings. I think it's a bit rude to be sloppy when communicating and thereby pass the cognitive burden onto the reader.

But yes, it's a small thing. I'll rant no further.

And R1Aaron, dude, nobody wants to diss you personally. Your post about wheelies was always going to be controversial. Take a hard pill and move onto some other topics, the forum's tone generally is quite good.

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 13:57
Jrandom, I too prefer reading well-written posts, as you say far easier on the eye. But not all of as are the same, so we all have to make allowances. Anyway. lets move on, and Aaron, as Jrandom says, look through the rest of the forum as there are a lot of good threads with some excellent input from various kb'ers.

White trash
20th December 2004, 14:07
It's also been my observation that generally speaking, Motorcycle People tend to be a cut above average.

Obviously you've never been out anywhere with the hardcore Wellys crew.

It's all "Fuck" this and "C#*t" that.

Extremely well spoken lot...... :cool2:

White trash
20th December 2004, 14:09
Welcome back WT!

Thanks brother, never went anywhere. I just kept my trap shut for a week or two to take some things on board and I've drawn some fairly interesting conclusions. I'll share them with ya over a beer or Jim B' one day, you'll laugh your skinny arse off.

Good to be back spouting shit all the same.

Jamezo
20th December 2004, 14:13

hear hear! if I had a dollar for every time I have heard 'wow stop using big words lol', when speaking/writing in a way that far too many people would not be able to gain the full appreciation of; yet I would be comfortable with, I would have about $30.

there's too many teenage shit-eaters running around who cannot make the distinction between words at the very basis of our language, neither in written or spoken forms; words like they're/their/there, to/too/two, it's getting really bad.

but no, because of some strange stigma attached to respecting our mother tounge, and appearing vaguely intelligent, many young people give no priority to improving their ability to speak OUR BLOODY LANGUAGE! what can be done about it? I'm all ears for suggestions.

jrandom
20th December 2004, 14:18

Nothing I like better than being around people who are all "fuck" this and "c#*t" that. It's very exciting and stimulating. Listening to it almost makes me feel as though I'm a Hard Man, too.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 14:20

Extremely well spoken lot...... :cool2:

Yeah canntt speeak 4 awl of Crustchutch butt wee tri 2 ceep it 2 @ most 1 silyable, i mean we are under 40 so what da fuck would we know :baby:

White trash
20th December 2004, 14:22
Nothing I like better than being around people who are all "fuck" this and "c#*t" that. It's very exciting and stimulating. Listening to it almost makes me feel as though I'm a Hard Man, too.

"Come over 'ere and say that!"

jrandom
20th December 2004, 14:25
i mean we are under 40 so what da fuck would we know :baby:

Damned yoof of today.

How old are you, anyway, Aaron? Probably under 30. [Edit: Sorry, should have checked your profile - I see you're 28. Damned impertinent youngster.]

Shouldn't let these kids online. They just cause trouble.

vifferman
20th December 2004, 14:25
How much fun are wheelies? :spudwhat:

And for WT: "That". :mellow:

White trash
20th December 2004, 14:29
How much fun are wheelies? :spudwhat:

And for WT: "That". :mellow:

Wasn't talking to you.

And wheelies are a SHIT LOAD of fun.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 14:30
hear hear! if I had a dollar for every time I have heard 'wow stop using big words lol', when speaking/writing in a way that far too many people would not be able to gain the full appreciation of; yet I would be comfortable with, I would have about $30.

there's too many teenage shit-eaters running around who cannot make the distinction between words at the very basis of our language, neither in written or spoken forms; words like they're/their/there, to/too/two, it's getting really bad.

but no, because of some strange stigma attached to respecting our mother tounge, and appearing vaguely intelligent, many young people give no priority to improving their ability to speak OUR BLOODY LANGUAGE! what can be done about it? I'm all ears for suggestions.

I hav a suggestion 4 ya GET OVER IT who realy gives a shit? if a talented artist cant read does that make him ant less of a person than u? i bet i ride better than you, but i still let you post on here, my english sux, would you rather al of us that havnt passed 7th form english didnt post anymore? then you would have even less friends. i should have called this thread grammar for beginers, give me a bike to fix no worries, make something no worries, spelling and gramma give me a break.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 14:35
Wasn't talking to you.

And wheelies are a SHIT LOAD of fun.

Hell yes havnt been to Welly for a ride so not sure wot its like, but here i love riding the hills and poping it up on the up hill past cars algd, you will have to come for a ride to Akoroa when your here in Feb, you will love it. sorry to antone else its for men only (that will stir the old cogers up)

vifferman
20th December 2004, 14:39
Hell yes havnt been to Welly for a ride so not sure wot its like, but here i love riding the hills and poping it up on the up hill past cars algd, you will have to come for a ride to Akoroa when your here in Feb, you will love it. sorry to antone else its for men only (that will stir the old cogers up)
Whats is a wheelie? How do you poping one? Wat is a old cogers?

**R1**
20th December 2004, 14:40
dam T is too close to the Y lets all have a go at that, darn yongsta cant frikn type eitha

**R1**
20th December 2004, 14:42
Whats is a wheelie? How do you poping one? Wat is a old cogers?

When you grow up to be a big girl and get a real bike i will teach you, just cant teach you how to talk.

just takn the piss man, run along and play with ya goats. :love:

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 14:49
Thanks brother, never went anywhere. I just kept my trap shut for a week or two to take some things on board and I've drawn some fairly interesting conclusions. I'll share them with ya over a beer or Jim B' one day, you'll laugh your skinny arse off.

Yea, we should do that. Plans of me, Bruce, TS and some others commin down to Welly in the first week of Jan are still up in the air floating around. Hopefully we will be able to suss out something soon though.

I figured either the manager of WMC finally wised up to your time spent on KB during work hours OR you were having so much fun on the new Gixxer, that you didn't have any secs to spare for KB.

White trash
20th December 2004, 14:50
you were having so much fun on the new Gixxer, that you didn't have any secs to spare for KB.

What new Gixxer?

Firefight
20th December 2004, 14:53
[QUOTE=White trash?[/QUOTE]

are they there yet ??

F/F :msn-wink:

vifferman
20th December 2004, 14:56

Well, you said it. :buggerd:

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 14:57
What new Gixxer?
Ummm, I must have been confused.

Jamezo
20th December 2004, 15:00
I hav a suggestion 4 ya GET OVER IT who realy gives a shit? if a talented artist cant read does that make him ant less of a person than u? i bet i ride better than you, but i still let you post on here, my english sux, would you rather al of us that havnt passed 7th form english didnt post anymore? then you would have even less friends. i should have called this thread grammar for beginers, give me a bike to fix no worries, make something no worries, spelling and gramma give me a break.

my comments were certainly not directed at you, rather the players in the great human tradgedy known as Modern Teenagers. I'm not fussed about you or anybody else on here's grammar or spelling, Hitcher and JR police that quite well. I am more than a little afraid for the future of this GreatBigBallOfRock®, maybe it's always been this bad, but I see so much ignorance and downright contempt for knowledge and intelligence, perpetrated and perpetuated by those who have little understanding of or respect for the language.

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 15:09
It's not your riding (I think) Aaron. It's not even your spelling or grammer. I don't know you so I don't know what you are like in real life but as far as what I can see from your post, I really wana yell out "TROLL" to you. Your just in here to cause controversy stir up some shit.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 15:18
It's not your riding (I think) Aaron. It's not even your spelling or grammer. I don't know you so I don't know what you are like in real life but as far as what I can see from your post, I really wana yell out "TROLL" to you. Your just in here to cause controversy stir up some shit.

Na man read the whole thread i wnted to talk FUN, im new to this so i had no idea you were all nana's, sorry

i started with how much fun are wheelies. not fuck everyone in the whole world, go read another thread then DICK HEAD

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 15:29
go read another thread then DICK HEADHmmmm, I did. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7112&page=13&pp=15 And guess what? Same shit in there as well.

I have some mates who are great guys. Most of em ride liter bikes and quite regularly are on the limiter of 299. When you look at their front tyres, you'll think they just came back from a race day or something. And to answer your original question of how fast have some of us gone at the back wheel, my mate on the CBR1000RR has gone over 250 on his. Now this sort of riding is still questionable. People will still object doing it on public roads. Yet I am still OK with it cause let's face it, what were they made for if you can't have a bit of fun on them anyway. I know there is the track but it is not practical to go to the track every week and so and soforth.

However non of these guys appear to be arrogant pricks. They are not up themselves. They may be highly talented but they don't go around saying that to every other person. Unlike you. That is why you annoy the fuck out of me!

:finger:

duckman
20th December 2004, 15:42
Fight Fight Fight ...... Come on guys. .. we all know arguing and name calling on the net is pointless .... But fighting's o.k. !!! :Playnice:

Coyote
20th December 2004, 16:16

w3rd

Since most teenagers are, to say bluntly, dickheads, schools end up being total crap toward the good kids, as the school has to lower itself to meet with the lowest common denominator. If a couple of kids are dickheads, they will treat the rest of them as dickheads i.e. the whole class staying in for lunch cause of a couple of kids at the back of the class throwing darts.

When will we be given licences to kull these infidel homies! :angry2:

jonnyrr1
20th December 2004, 16:21
Hey R1Aaron,

you need to grow up buddy...,

i own a R1 also, it can do wheelies, and stoppies, and you dont see me doing them...... oh yes you do, :devil2:
good on ya man, i know what ya mean, i just got my licence back and i still find it hard to not do wheelies when i take off from lights next to young boy racers in there done up tin cans..
nothing better than sitting next to them while there screamin thru the gears and your still in 1st,......
then click 2nd and wave good bye.. :wavey:
or comin up to lights and grabing a hand full of breaks, and pull off a phat rolling stoppies,
i done a up in 3rd clicked 4th gear wheelie down marshlands road the other day, around 200kph.. :Oops: its like a drug,, do it once and your hooked,

as for all the nanas out there,,, :moon: :tugger:
i take it we wont be going for rides with you over the xmas break,

sAsLEX
20th December 2004, 16:24
w3rd

Since most teenagers are, to say bluntly, dickheads, schools end up being total crap toward the good kids, as the school has to lower itself to meet with the lowest common denominator. If a couple of kids are dickheads, they will treat the rest of them as dickheads i.e. the whole class staying in for lunch cause of a couple of kids at the back of the class throwing darts.

When will we be given licences to kull these infidel homies! :angry2:

Go to a school where they stream you! You notice through the years the change in dare i say it ethnic spread and overall willingness to learn from students when in higher graded classes

**R1**
20th December 2004, 16:28
Hmmmm, I did. http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7112&page=13&pp=15 And guess what? Same shit in there as well.

I have some mates who are great guys. Most of em ride liter bikes and quite regularly are on the limiter of 299. When you look at their front tyres, you'll think they just came back from a race day or something. And to answer your original question of how fast have some of us gone at the back wheel, my mate on the CBR1000RR has gone over 250 on his. Now this sort of riding is still questionable. People will still object doing it on public roads. Yet I am still OK with it cause let's face it, what were they made for if you can't have a bit of fun on them anyway. I know there is the track but it is not practical to go to the track every week and so and soforth.

However non of these guys appear to be arrogant pricks. They are not up themselves. They may be highly talented but they don't go around saying that to every other person. Unlike you. That is why you annoy the fuck out of me!

:finger:

sorry man take a breath count to ten, na fuck it count to 10,000

just kidding. 250kph on the back wheel god dam would love to see that, i have issues trying to land anything over 190kph, had the worst tank slapper when i landed the 244. as for being an "arrogant prick" fully i guess i have always looked up2 people who could pull off the wikd tricks, now thats me. now that i think about it they were arrogant 2. as for annoy the fuck out of you, well if you let something that some arrogant prick said on the net annoy you there aint a whole lot i or any1 else can do about that.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 16:31
Hey R1Aaron,

you need to grow up buddy...,

i own a R1 also, it can do wheelies, and stoppies, and you dont see me doing them...... oh yes you do, :devil2:
good on ya man, i know what ya mean, i just got my licence back and i still find it hard to not do wheelies when i take off from lights next to young boy racers in there done up tin cans..
nothing better than sitting next to them while there screamin thru the gears and your still in 1st,......
then click 2nd and wave good bye.. :wavey:
or comin up to lights and grabing a hand full of breaks, and pull off a phat rolling stoppies,
i done a up in 3rd clicked 4th gear wheelie down marshlands road the other day, around 200kph.. :Oops: its like a drug,, do it once and your hooked,

as for all the nanas out there,,, :moon: :tugger:
i take it we wont be going for rides with you over the xmas break,

Nice one bro. How much fun do we have on a ride? i dont get these dudes :argh:

Coyote
20th December 2004, 16:36
Damn I can't wait to get a bigger bike and do wheelies at the turn of the throttle.

Ah well, the CBR is still damn awesome :niceone:

Motoracer
20th December 2004, 16:42
250kph on the back wheel god dam would love to see that, i have issues trying to land anything over 190kph, had the worst tank slapper when i landed the 244.He had the same problem with landing it at speeds over 200 with his 02 R1. He thought that it would someday make him bin-it.

However since he has had the honda with the electronic steering damper, he reckons he has never ever had a tank slapper and probably never will. Even when landing it at over 200 with the front wheel crossed sideways, it'll wobble for a bit and correct itself nicely.

Have you got a damper on yours? It won't be a good as the electronic one probably but it'll help lots.

**R1**
20th December 2004, 16:53
na no damper, when i first got it i thought i neede it but then i sorted the rear suspension out and got rid of the head shake, i wouldnt mind one just for wheelies though. no doubt i will bin mine one day from landing crossed up but thats the price of fame i guess

jonnyrr1
20th December 2004, 16:57
i have 1 on my bike and yeah it fully helps,

we have so many good rides, on the road or on the dirt,
i couldnt ride my r1 without speeding or doing something stupid,
but now i try to keep it for when im out on the dirt bike,
but it so hard to not act the loon on the road,

any 1 else out there in chch keen to go for some summer rides??
we have everything from vtr1000, gsxr750s and 1000s
brand new bussa, blades, new r6, new gsxr600.

see ya,

WINJA
20th December 2004, 17:16
Nice one bro. How much fun do we have on a ride? i dont get these dudes :argh:
I SECOND THAT :)

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 17:44
i have 1 on my bike and yeah it fully helps,

we have so many good rides, on the road or on the dirt,
i couldnt ride my r1 without speeding or doing something stupid,
but now i try to keep it for when im out on the dirt bike,
but it so hard to not act the loon on the road,

see ya,

Do you guys descriminate against cripples?? :lol:
I can wheelie and stoppie too!!!
I might be even able to get a 'handicapped' parking spot for your R1's :Pokey:
I'll give you a call later Jon, don't know if aarons bike is on the road yet?

**R1**
20th December 2004, 17:56

Na bud not on the road till Thrsday, dam yamaha parts have to come from Ozzy, so doing the full service while its off the road, valve clearnce, clean and change oil in forks, oil, filters the whole nine yards, god dam mission, should be algd when done tho. handicapped people are welcome we let heaps of people with suzukis come. do Suzukis get there own parking spots? that hardly seem fair

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 18:16
Yeah Suzukis do get their own parking spots bro, its called the first park!! :Pokey:

True, it is a bit unfair, but Suzuki hold back development of their bikes for a couple of years with each new model, gives the rest a chance to catch up. Then Suzuki move the goal posts again.

All good bro, I might pop over later.

Mumbles
20th December 2004, 21:05
Like the little red caboose said... "I know I can , I know I can, I know I can"
Who am I kidding .... spending too much effort on the "what if's" and who's going to help me pick up the bike?
240k one wheel? Man alive! Doing 240k + at 4am on the North Western MW on the way to work is hard enough.
I wish ... Mabe one day ... (to learn the skill of the Stoppie and the Wheelie)

May the Viagra GOD's smile on you ... to help you Keep you upright!

Nice to see the different views, good group of options voiced

Two Smoker
20th December 2004, 21:28
Na man read the whole thread i wnted to talk FUN, im new to this so i had no idea you were all nana's, sorry

i started with how much fun are wheelies. not fuck everyone in the whole world, go read another thread then DICK HEAD
Yep, im a huge nana..... biggest one here.... you would thrash me ....

HEY WT!!! Welcome back!!!ive heard about the new gixxer.... and will be at the showdown with Loosebruce and you lol....

Two Smoker
20th December 2004, 21:46
I think MR is getting fucked off with you, because you keep going on about how fast you are and how good your wheelies are....Personally im all for wheelies and stoppies.. But i prefer to see them....

You are trying to brag in a way.... You dont see MR brag about how he can sandwich his knee between the road and his fairing, or pull rolling stoppies in the wet... You dont see me bragging about how i can get my knee down in the wet.... You dont see WT saying that he can do 1:05's on a stock standard gixxer 600 around Puke or that he was pulling a stand up wheelie on a bike mag....

Bit of modesty never goes astray :niceone:
By all means tell us about wheelie and stoppie stories, im keen as to hear them :yes: .... Just cut down the "stoppies and wheelies are so cool" because we already know that....

onearmedbandit
20th December 2004, 22:02
I think everyone is taking aaron a little too seriously here.

Milky
20th December 2004, 22:20
Is aaron one of those who attempts sarcasm but never quite hits the mark? He began to piss me off and I only read one page of this thread :gob:

dangerous
21st December 2004, 04:58
.... You dont see MR brag about how he can sandwich his knee between the road and his fairing, or pull rolling stoppies in the wet... You dont see me bragging about how i can get my knee down in the wet.... You dont see WT saying that he can do 1:05's on a stock standard gixxer 600 around Puke or that he was pulling a stand up wheelie on a bike mag....

.....and then theres me I can..... I can...... I can........ what the hell can I do TS :eek5:
*leaves post wide open for smart assed Honda remark*

Firefight
21st December 2004, 06:17
I think everyone is taking aaron a little too seriously here.

Not everyone !

F/F ;)

White trash
21st December 2004, 06:27
and will be at the showdown with Loosebruce

Loose Who? Never heard of 'im. In fact, I'm predicting he'll not even show with his ragedy-arse Tee-El-Zee-Bub. And if he does, I'll not use a gear higher than third for the whole lap.

White trash
21st December 2004, 06:37

see ya,

Na bud not on the road till Thrsday, dam yamaha parts have to come from Ozzy, so doing the full service while its off the road, valve clearnce, clean and change oil in forks, oil, filters the whole nine yards, god dam mission, should be algd when done tho. handicapped people are welcome we let heaps of people with suzukis come. do Suzukis get there own parking spots? that hardly seem fair

Right. I'm there on the 5th of Feb for a 30th and again for the Britten memorial.

Make sure you guys got some good rides to show, and don't worry Aaron, I'll wait at each turn off for ya to catch up.

**R1**
21st December 2004, 07:26
Right. I'm there on the 5th of Feb for a 30th and again for the Britten memorial.

Make sure you guys got some good rides to show, and don't worry Aaron, I'll wait at each turn off for ya to catch up.

no worries, akoroa rocks you should love that, are you racing in the Britten memorial? if so i will see you on the track, ill make sure i clean the back of my bike as its all you will see :first:

**R1**
21st December 2004, 07:30
Is aaron one of those who attempts sarcasm but never quite hits the mark? He began to piss me off and I only read one page of this thread :gob:

im sure you will get over it :tugger:

White trash
21st December 2004, 08:37
no worries, akoroa rocks you should love that, are you racing in the Britten memorial? if so i will see you on the track, ill make sure i clean the back of my bike as its all you will see :first:

Fuck off mate, I leave my racing for public roads, that's the true measure of a rider.

I assume you wont be up for a road ride in March then if your bike's track preped, although if they have a test day prior to the racing, I'd be keen for a little Yamhahahaha/ Suzuki grudge match at the track if you think your little ol' slow R1 is up to it.

**R1**
21st December 2004, 09:29
Fuck off mate, I leave my racing for public roads, that's the true measure of a rider.

I assume you wont be up for a road ride in March then if your bike's track preped, although if they have a test day prior to the racing, I'd be keen for a little Yamhahahaha/ Suzuki grudge match at the track if you think your little ol' slow R1 is up to it.

Yeah ill be up for a road ride, only takes a half hour to get the Suzuki eater ready for the road, i will see if i can sort you out a map of the road to Akoroa. we dont like stopping and having to wait :moon: b4 you leave to come dwn PM me and i will give you my number.

**R1**
21st December 2004, 09:33
Like the little red caboose said... "I know I can , I know I can, I know I can"
Who am I kidding .... spending too much effort on the "what if's" and who's going to help me pick up the bike?
240k one wheel? Man alive! Doing 240k + at 4am on the North Western MW on the way to work is hard enough.
I wish ... Mabe one day ... (to learn the skill of the Stoppie and the Wheelie)

May the Viagra GOD's smile on you ... to help you Keep you upright!

Nice to see the different views, good group of options voiced

Nice bike Mumbles :2thumbsup , i had one b4 i got the R1, they wheelie sweet not to flash at stoppies tho.

White trash
21st December 2004, 09:45
Yeah ill be up for a road ride, only takes a half hour to get the Suzuki eater ready for the road, i will see if i can sort you out a map of the road to Akoroa. we dont like stopping and having to wait :moon: b4 you leave to come dwn PM me and i will give you my number.

That's cool man, I'd apreciate that map as I'll be doing the road a couple of times waiting for you and the Yammy Clan.

Might even drag along a couple of hardcore Welly crew to make you Southerners look even sillyer.

In all seriousness, hanging out to meet you guys in person.

Peace, I'm outta here!

Two Smoker
21st December 2004, 09:54
That's cool man, I'd apreciate that map as I'll be doing the road a couple of times waiting for you and the Yammy Clan.

Might even drag along a couple of hardcore Welly crew to make you Southerners look even sillyer.

In all seriousness, hanging out to meet you guys in person.

Peace, I'm outta here!Maybe make it really big, and some of us slow Auckland crew can come down??? MR and LB, you keen?

Motoracer
21st December 2004, 09:59
Maybe make it really big, and some of us slow Auckland crew can come down??? MR and LB, you keen?
Riding the race bike across the island might be pushing my luck a bit. I wish I had the money to freight the bike over there but oh well. Have fun WT, Aaron and co.

Two Smoker
21st December 2004, 10:02
Riding the race bike across the island might be pushing my luck a bit. I wish I had the money to freight the bike over there but oh well. Have fun WT, Aaron and co.
LOL, you know you COULD possibly put the road fairings back on.......just maybe...

**R1**
21st December 2004, 11:03
Maybe make it really big, and some of us slow Auckland crew can come down??? MR and LB, you keen?

The more of you 2 out ride the better, does my ego the world of good :cool2: ..... sweet see some of you guys in the new year :rockon:

vtec
21st December 2004, 11:27
Ditto

Most of the ballsy people keep quiet.

So true, cause the self righteous politically correct fun police are really vocal, just cause they don't want to really live doesn't mean we shouldn't either.

dangerous
21st December 2004, 17:28

God damn bugger it....... every time this happens, 4-5th is the Vincent rally and I'd so love to watch this show down..... oh what to do now, I know make it the w/e of the Britten memorial.

WINJA
21st December 2004, 17:39
The more of you 2 out ride the better, does my ego the world of good :cool2: ..... sweet see some of you guys in the new year :rockon:
DONT FORGET THE PIE EATING CONTEST :laugh:

White trash
22nd December 2004, 06:53
God damn bugger it....... every time this happens, 4-5th is the Vincent rally and I'd so love to watch this show down..... oh what to do now, I know make it the w/e of the Britten memorial.

I know mate, I was supposed to go to the VCR but people only turn thirty once.

White trash
22nd December 2004, 07:00

Looks like the track is booked for the 18th through to the 20th for the JBM, maybe there will be a test session on the Friday I can join in on.

All bets can be made at shark_man@white-trash-racing.com :2guns: Yamaha

**R1**
22nd December 2004, 09:18
Looks like the track is booked for the 18th through to the 20th for the JBM, maybe there will be a test session on the Friday I can join in on.

All bets can be made at shark_man@white-trash-racing.com :2guns: Yamaha

I will See if i can get you out there for a play, or a cupple of laps racing i see Red(Peter) the organiser now and then i will have a chat to him :niceone:

White trash
22nd December 2004, 09:21
I will See if i can get you out there for a play, or a cupple of laps racing i see Red(Peter) the organiser now and then i will have a chat to him :niceone:

'S allright mate, I've gotta talk to him this arvo anyway. But thanks all the same.

Indiana_Jones
23rd December 2004, 20:18
Could you get the front wheel up on a Bonnie? one of the new ones that is ? :devil2:

-Indy

**R1**
24th December 2004, 12:13
Could you get the front wheel up on a Bonnie? one of the new ones that is ? :devil2:

-Indy
That would meen i have to ride it :sick: yeah i recon any1 could, i havnt found anything that wont get the front up with just the right amount of abuse. stoppies on the other hand are a tad harder i think the bikes need brakes :Pokey: :killingme

Indiana_Jones
24th December 2004, 12:42
That would meen i have to ride it :sick: yeah i recon any1 could, i havnt found anything that wont get the front up with just the right amount of abuse. stoppies on the other hand are a tad harder i think the bikes need brakes :Pokey: :killingme

Are you trying to say there's something wrong with Bonnevilles? :stoogie:
They're so cool, but I think I'll have to grab a Gixxer before one of those, have abit of speed while I'm younger :D, might not get the chance later

-Indy

DEATH_INC.
24th December 2004, 20:05
just kidding. 250kph on the back wheel god dam would love to see that
Pulled one on the 12 once @ 250,still accelerating,but I wimped out and put it down.......
Do plenty up to 200 though.....
The bonnie should be a goer,some of the shit bikes I've pulled 'em on;VF 750 sabre,vfr750,Triumph750daytona,XJ550,GN250,VFR400n c21,and even a DF125....

dangerous
24th December 2004, 20:30
Pulled one on the 12 once @ 250,still accelerating,but I wimped out and put it down.......
But man, how the hell do ya do it? I mean like at those speeds..... shit Ive spent a few hours on a mates Bussa and yeah it dosent take much at lower speeds and I've twisted the throtle to full noise and unless theres a bump in the rd to help with the lifting I'm buggered if I know how ya get it up at that speed hell the fairings are desined to hold em down too.

mattt
26th December 2004, 15:57
But man, how the hell do ya do it? I mean like at those speeds..... shit Ive spent a few hours on a mates Bussa and yeah it dosent take much at lower speeds and I've twisted the throtle to full noise and unless theres a bump in the rd to help with the lifting I'm buggered if I know how ya get it up at that speed hell the fairings are desined to hold em down too.

Big F*&king balls would be the answer :eek5:

Two Smoker
26th December 2004, 16:47

You think that is ballsy, you should see him doing wheelies in 40kmh crosswinds with torrential rain :eek5:

Coyote
26th December 2004, 16:49
You think that is ballsy, you should see him doing wheelies in 40kmh crosswinds with torrential rain :eek5:
And I can't even make the front end of my CBR a little bit lighter

Motoracer
26th December 2004, 16:53
Yep, that looks fuken insane man. From all the wheelies I have seen in my life, Death does the meanest wheelies IMO. It'd be real cool to see him take up stunt riding as a dedicated sport with an actual stunt bike.

DEATH_INC.
27th December 2004, 07:30
Sorry,maybe i shoulda explained better......
The 12 would come up up to about 180k,then you just hook third and wind her up ect,ect(not actually pull it up at 250......sorry).If you kept the front up enough and kept changing gears I guess a 300k wheelie isn't out of the question
Remember too,the 12 was easier than the busa,different weight distribution-shorter/taller too.

Sensei
27th December 2004, 08:02
Hey D/INC . Thought it was going to be another post like the one with a CBR250RR pulling 180k mono's . I know from reading your's & oher people's post & the talk we had that this would not be the case .Flipped my YZ490 at 160k down a back road once ,took 10 month's to grow my skin back etc > so take it easy my friend , Ps love the new GSXR1000
SENSEI :niceone:

Posh Tourer :P
27th December 2004, 11:17
And I can't even make the front end of my CBR a little bit lighter

Can't be too hard, I've had the front wheel of the MZ and the CB125 off the deck (by accident)....:whistle:

White trash
27th December 2004, 12:33
Do plenty up to 200 though.....
The bonnie should be a goer,some of the shit bikes I've pulled 'em on;VF 750 sabre,vfr750,Triumph750daytona,XJ550,GN250,VFR400n c21,and even a DF125....

That reminds me. Quite a few years back, when I was still a groomer at WMCC, Robert Holden came in for a chat. Climbs on the shop GN I'd just washed and wheelies it from a standstill, all the way up the drive way at not much more than a walking pace. Stops, turns around and wheelies it back down.

He climbs of the thing, hands over the keys and sez "Thats gutless for a 250." Ummmm Robert, it's a 125.

Blakamin
27th December 2004, 13:14
That reminds me. Quite a few years back, when I was still a groomer at WMCC,
How long have ya been there for now?

White trash
27th December 2004, 15:40
I've worked there three times now. Started grooming. Left. Back in spares. Got fired. Now sales which I've been doing for two and a half years, the longest I've ever stuck with one job.

Blakamin
27th December 2004, 16:24
I've worked there three times now. Started grooming. Left. Back in spares. Got fired. Now sales which I've been doing for two and a half years, the longest I've ever stuck with one job.
I want a job :( :( :(

gav
27th December 2004, 18:37
You're still not the groomer?????

:thud: :shutup:

jrandom
27th December 2004, 20:35
You're still not the groomer?????

I believe the industry's technical term is 'fluffer'.

Stevo
28th December 2004, 08:41
i have lost my licence many a time and paid a small fortune out in fines(probly enough to buy a new o4 R1) but at this point in my life im not willing to stop riding i dont like bussing and the copperz cars are so slow, i have put serious thought into ditching the plate painting the bike black and F@$k the law all together

And some people never learn. Why don't you go racing? I was in Wanganui in the weekend and saw many wheelies. Some were just sheer power and lifting the front end several inches as riders were trying to gain the best drive out of corners etc and others were more intended.
As for an audience ------ HUGE. You can throw away your number plate and pull big ass wheelies and stoppies all day in front of thousands who will appreciate your skills, rather than pedestrians thinking "there is another compensator" (for small dick)

scumdog
28th December 2004, 11:27
i have lost my licence many a time and paid a small fortune out in fines(probly enough to buy a new o4 R1) but at this point in my life im not willing to stop riding i dont like bussing and the copperz cars are so slow, i have put serious thought into ditching the plate painting the bike black and F@$k the law all together, but that as i think one of you said drums up words like moron, its hard to describe how much i love riding my bike the way i do,

I've got it! Good entertainment costs money and you don't want to pay!! :bleh: :sly:

Bonez
28th December 2004, 12:42
I've got it! Good entertainment costs money and you don't want to pay!! :bleh: :sly: You :devil2: you.

**R1**
31st December 2004, 08:07
I've got it! Good entertainment costs money and you don't want to pay!! :bleh: :sly:
How can you say i dont like paying for fun??? R1's aint cheap tires aint cheap.
doing the bolt from the......... coppers now thats fun and free :finger:

scumdog
31st December 2004, 08:56
How can you say i dont like paying for fun??? R1's aint cheap tires aint cheap.
doing the bolt from the......... coppers now thats fun and free :finger:

In that case you should have no complaint eh? :msn-wink:

'Course the ante goes up when the cops DO get you. :whistle: :laugh:

azaa
6th January 2005, 22:23
I would love to pull up at the lights beside on of tho's show off boyracers who lap around and around the main street down here and pull at fat one beside them and see their eyes justs showing above the steering wheel in my mirror as i pull away!!!!

hahahaha One day one day!!!!

scumdog
6th January 2005, 22:38
I would love to pull up at the lights beside on of tho's show off boyracers who lap around and around the main street down here and pull at fat one beside them and see their eyes justs showing above the steering wheel in my mirror as i pull away!!!!

As I said in an earlier post, I did that in Christchurch last year, the cell-phone texts were flying thick and fast as I cruised past the Sumner foreshore in my 'old-school' hot rod with wild paint, xtra-large bonnet-scoop, wheelie-bars etc, they obviously had seen nothing like it, looking along the footpath it was like a 'Mexican Wave' of heads turning - and I didn't need to spin a tyre, the mega-deep V8 rumble let them know the 'lorry' was passing!! :niceone:

DEMONFZR
19th January 2006, 01:55

actually whats more fun is tagging along to one of their 'drag trains' and blowing down the middle of two cars while they dragging (yes i realise this is dangerous and irresponsible etc etc etc), actually popped a wheel after i passed them which of course would have pissed them off so much more....

p.s AZAA if your still looking for a GN250 my old one is still around town, could track down my mate i sold it too and see if he still has it/wants to sell - email me

XXplosive
19th January 2006, 02:25
wheelies are awsome, i have a honda CJ250T which is a road bike but its all been customized so the exhaust is nicly away from the ground for wheelie perfection...first time i attempted a wheelie was on a Honda100 and i fell off but its sooo much fun.

JWALKER
19th January 2006, 06:39
i enjoy doing stoppies, trying to do a wheelie and crazy stuff like that.
i personally think if you practice them some where quiet and master doing it, then do it wherever. of course with certain exclusions

R1madness
21st January 2006, 07:21
Go R1 i agree. My misses texts and drives at the same time it freeks me out. Go hard man. dont let the woosies tell ya how to ride. I love wheelstands but i am a wheelstand cripple. Rolling burnouts and rear wheel steering is more my thing hahaha. Are you going to the track today? There will be some great racing this weekend. Its only $15 for a weekend pass.

**R1**
25th July 2006, 15:50
Man its a laugh going back over old threads...I wonder if id get the same shit now that I aint a new member:nya:

dangerous
25th July 2006, 19:06
Man its a laugh going back over old threads...I wonder if id get the same shit now that I aint a new member:nya:
Stand up while ya talk to me please..... OHHH you are :first:

texmo
25th July 2006, 19:59
How fast have you been on the r1 o none wheel now?

Riff Raff
25th July 2006, 20:01
Sure is - and resurrecting this gave me the chance to put it in it's rightful forum.

**R1**
26th July 2006, 08:24
Sure is - and resurrecting this gave me the chance to put it in it's rightful forum.LOL good call:first:

**R1**
26th July 2006, 08:30
How fast have you been on the r1 o none wheel now?I dont say coz no1 belives me...

texmo
26th July 2006, 12:47
What kind of an anwser is that?

**R1**
26th July 2006, 14:47
What kind of an anwser is that?The truth:yes: :doobey:

onearmedbandit
26th July 2006, 16:38
I believe you R1.

Well, I was there. Taping it.

Biff
26th July 2006, 17:10
And I can confirm that I've been travelling at over 200K on a nice straight bit of (private..) traffic free road when a certain hooligan on an R1 passed me on one wheel.

Kinda kewl if you ask me. But then again I trusted his skill. Otherwise I probably would have shat my pants.