PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the Police are in the right place at the right time

Gareth51
23rd April 2008, 19:17
Had my sons car delt to with a Baseball bat in the weekend,all the windows smashed,while parked in the local Railway Station car park. Unfortunately for the 16 yr old offender there was an off duty Detective watching from the other side of road directing the police to his arrest
The car was insured for 3rd party only,but seems he will be made to pay for the damage.
The anoying thing my son dosn't get back on the train from Wellington untill mid night from work then he has to find $30 for a taxi home

98tls
23rd April 2008, 19:24
Nice effort on the cops part,love to have seen the pricks faces when they got busted.

Laava
23rd April 2008, 19:25
Nice work, those men!

JimO
23rd April 2008, 19:45
dont want to rain on your parade but i doubt a 16 year old loser will have the $$$ to pay and the cops or court wont be able to make him either

ElCoyote
23rd April 2008, 20:03
dont want to rain on your parade but i doubt a 16 year old loser will have the $$$ to pay and the cops or court wont be able to make him either

Whanau conference, whanau conference...........done deal. Sorry victim.

spudchucka
23rd April 2008, 20:33
Sounds like an inside job designed solely to make them look good.:lol:

firefighter
23rd April 2008, 20:39
Ya and they'll probably send him on a taxpayer funded army brat camp.I can't remember what our version is called.......should put the little shit down now.....he's obviously going to grow up to be one of those pieces of shit we see on 10 7

98tls
23rd April 2008, 20:49
Sounds like an inside job designed solely to make them look good.:lol: Yep thats it for sure.

Rogue
23rd April 2008, 20:53
yep shoot them all and let god sort them out :2guns:

Mr Plod was very luck to be at the right place at the right time, bad luck for the little bastard :spanking:

The cops are never around when I need them eh :jerry:
Oh well time for another :apint:

ynot slow
23rd April 2008, 21:06
Cool,the cops were on to it.
When a drunk(over youff limit)14 yr old kid stole his brothers car,hit the mother inlaws fence,while being a dick,the cops got him after his brother told the cops.He rooted the car and fence,garden,just missed the power pole.

At the family session,which I was asked to provide itemised costs to remove the fence,trees etc to take to the dump,we had the dump fee reciept,then proceeded to write 3 x 1&1/2 hr labour for us,was my first saturday morn off in 2 weeks and was fine so no ride could happen,travel $30 (30km),came out around $115,I added gst and quoted $1000 inclusive as a joke.

Also in the letter I said if the dickhead hadn't tried to be the next rally pro,next time he could maybe try to hit a power pole and take himself out you dickhead.The cop at the hearing said we can't really charge him the labour as being family we should have done it for free(which we did anyway),mil said well if he didn't crash we wouldn't need to clean up the mess.

Aside from him having to pay(and not $20week)the total to be paid is about $650,plus a car to repair.

Gareth51
23rd April 2008, 21:29

The police seem to think we should get the cost of repair and the cost of the Taxi

scumdog
23rd April 2008, 21:32
The police seem to think we should get the cost of repair and the cost of the Taxi

What do the little twats parents think though?

And are they broken-arse work dodgers or decent people who will make sure he pays??

Gareth51
23rd April 2008, 21:44

And are they broken-arse work dodgers or decent people who will make sure he pays??

I don,t know yet, but the policeman who took my statement the day after,said that his granmother said that he might have to sell his stockcar to pay for damage

Edbear
24th April 2008, 07:27
I don,t know yet, but the policeman who took my statement the day after,said that his granmother said that he might have to sell his stockcar to pay for damage

Maybe the Police could sieze it under the crimes act and sell it for victim reparation...?

Or is that too logical and not available under the law?

sels1
24th April 2008, 17:52
Bloody lucky the cops were nearby, at least you get some satisfaction from the little bugger getting caught, and you may get some money eventually too.
Could be a lot worse.

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 17:58
Aside from him having to pay(and not $20week)the total to be paid is about $650,plus a car to repair.

It should be possible to choose the option of forgoing the payment and give him a ten minute kicking instead

merv
24th April 2008, 18:02
Sounds like an inside job designed solely to make them look good.:lol:

So was that covered in your training way back when Spud?

spudchucka
24th April 2008, 22:19
So was that covered in your training way back when Spud?

I can't answer that until they tell me whether or not I'm part of the 25% of actively disengaged coppers.

JimO
5th May 2008, 12:34
have you got your money yet??

scumdog
5th May 2008, 12:39
I can't answer that until they tell me whether or not I'm part of the 25% of actively disengaged coppers.

And because we're short staffed at the moment and I'm working by myself instead of with a partner I'm 'actively disengaged' for TWO coppers, ergo I'm 50% disengaged!!!:crazy:

Ixion
5th May 2008, 12:43
gievn your propensity for policing in the buff, I suspect the public are well pleased that you are not "actively engaged"

spudchucka
5th May 2008, 15:54
And because we're short staffed at the moment and I'm working by myself instead of with a partner I'm 'actively disengaged' for TWO coppers, ergo I'm 50% disengaged!!!:crazy:

I'm on two weeks leave and trying to get in as much fishing as possible so at the moment I'm 150% disengaged!:2thumbsup

jrandom
5th May 2008, 16:01
working by myself instead of with a partner...

You shouldn't have admitted to that.

Now all the baddies can ride into town and face you down, confident in the knowledge that there's no Mexican comic relief hiding on a balcony with a .45 Colt lever action...

Coldrider
5th May 2008, 16:11
You shouldn't have admitted to that.

Now all the baddies can ride into town and face you down, confident in the knowledge that there's no Mexican comic relief hiding on a balcony with a .45 Colt lever action...
I don't think scummy is in a city of 1.3million baddies.

Ixion
5th May 2008, 16:30
Is there such a thing as a Colt lever action? I ask purely for information.

Edbear
5th May 2008, 16:39
1892 model

Gareth51
5th May 2008, 20:50
have you got your money yet??

Not yet,still waiting for the Family Court Hearing where I"ll get to give him a piece of my mind.........or something

JimO
5th May 2008, 20:52
Not yet,still waiting for the Family Court Hearing where I"ll get to give him a piece of my mind.........or something

put that peice of your mind in a lead pipe and give it to him a few times

Gareth51
5th May 2008, 21:02
put that peice of your mind in a lead pipe and give it to him a few times

How dose that saying go......you break my car.....I break your...?

Ixion
5th May 2008, 21:18
1892 model

Colt made long guns as well as revolvers ? One hears much of the latter, nothing of the former. I suppose next you will tell me Winchester made revolvers ?

geoffm
5th May 2008, 21:58
Colt made long guns as well as revolvers ? One hears much of the latter, nothing of the former. I suppose next you will tell me Winchester made revolvers ?

Colt made revolving rifles - basically a revolver with a stock and a really long barrel. They also made pump action rifles from 1884.
Colt made a (very few) lever actions: http://www.leverguns.com/leverguns/coltburgess_levergun.htm
G

cowboyz
5th May 2008, 22:06

agreed. would go getting your hopes up there. Actually you will be lucky not to have to pay for the emotional distress that you caused him by parking your car in a fashion that it was there for him to beat up in front of a cop and get caught. You need to think about your actions.

Whanau conference, whanau conference...........done deal. Sorry victim.

Just make sure that you are understanding and realise that it wasnt his fault. It was the moon and the tides and you must take responsibility for the things that he cant be fucked taking responsibility for (well someone has too)

With all the work the police have to get through you think they wouldn't have time to double as a stand up comedian.

Just be sure to take along your chequebook to pay for the damage you have done to this kid.

(surely I dont have to put p/t down here????????)

Edbear
6th May 2008, 09:49

Colt made revolving rifles - basically a revolver with a stock and a really long barrel. They also made pump action rifles from 1884.
Colt made a (very few) lever actions: http://www.leverguns.com/leverguns/coltburgess_levergun.htm
G

The Winchester 44/40 and 32/20 were made briefly after an agreement with Colt whereby Colt made a handgun to take the Winchester centre-fire cartridges. After some argument, they agreed that Colt would make handguns and Winchester the rifles. This agreement stood for a number of years, but I'm not certain for just how long they were manufacturing basically identical handguns.

Gareth51
20th June 2008, 15:41

Finally got to the Family Group Conference today and met the youth and his family,quite nice people,who were verry upset for what had happend.
His school teacher also there spoke of how well he was doing at school

The outcome was, they have payed us in full for all damages and he gets to do some communitly service, with no bad record to his name

It seems he just got mixed up with the wrong crowd and has learnt his lesson
If he keeps his nose clean he should have a good future

Forest
20th June 2008, 15:48
Finally got to the Family Group Conference today and met the youth and his family,quite nice people,who were verry upset for what had happend.
His school teacher also there spoke of how well he was doing at school

The outcome was, they have payed us in full for all damages and he gets to do some communitly service, with no bad record to his name

Did they explain why he targeted your son's car?

It seemed very random.

Gareth51
20th June 2008, 16:24
Did they explain why he targeted your son's car?

It seemed very random.

No,it was parked at the far end of the station car park,he starts work late so all the good parks are are gone by the time he gets back at midnight his car is the only one there.

sAsLEX
20th June 2008, 16:35
Finally got to the Family Group Conference today
Good to see this FGC worked.

Though I feel it would have a lot to do with the kids folks and if the more common yoofs and their half wit parents had failed to turn up the situation would be the more al ot different

alanzs
21st June 2008, 13:01

Time will tell. I think he learnt his lesson because he was caught, not that he decided to change his ways....

Glad you got some semblance of justice.

sels1
22nd June 2008, 22:26
Sounds like a good result. Good to hear "the system" works sometimes