PDA

View Full Version : First party pills, now this...

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 18:49
They should target Turkish Delite, because it tastes like shite

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10505902

Next will be me old mum's chewy pavs....

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 18:54
Fruit and veges FTW

marioc
24th April 2008, 18:58
Fruit and veges FTW

hehe yep obesity is a real issue

EJK
24th April 2008, 18:58
WTFs wrong with the P. Lumps??
Might aswell ban McDonalds and Burgerkings

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 19:01
"Yesterday, Fight The Obesity Trust spokeswoman Dr Robyn Toomath told the parliamentary committee considering the bill that was exactly what people wanted.

"People are desperate for Nanny State's help. Parents are desperate for help to get children to eat healthily," she said."

Well, sorry Robyn, but you can keep your fucking nose out of my family's eating habits

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 19:04
obesity IS a real issue... if not the biggest health issue in NZ / the western world

Disco Dan
24th April 2008, 19:08
If you eat KFC every day and feed it too your kids then you will get fat. Simple.

So if everyone started drinking so much water that they started to drown themselves then this government would ban water?!

I have NO SYMPATHY for overweight people.

I know if I drink beer and eat sugary foods every day I will get fat - so I DONT, and I EXERCISE. FFS cant people take responsibility for their own actions without the government having to make a law for it????

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 19:08
obesity IS a real issue... if not the biggest health issue in NZ / the western world

The government should ban obesity then

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 19:09
The government should ban obesity then

+ 1

Gubb
24th April 2008, 19:10
They can all get fucked.

I'm a fatty, and the only person i've got to blame is myself.

EJK
24th April 2008, 19:11
They can all get fucked.

I'm a fatty, and the only person i've got to blame is myself.

Since the government is involved, you can blame on them :yes:

skidMark
24th April 2008, 19:12
Yep the old days are slipping away.

MZj2YZPP21A

Dargor
24th April 2008, 19:15
Obesity isnt as big an issue as nosy governemnt syndrome.
Maybe we didnt care so much when it was party pills because not many people used them maybe we should have. But if this where to happen we would be one step closer to G Orwell's totalitarian world.

Big Dog
24th April 2008, 19:26
Yes it is, however the answer is not legislation against the purchase it is in better parenting.
It is in personal responsibility.
It is in caring for you loved ones.

Speaking from experience obesity is about bad habits.
Obesity is about social decline.
Obesity is about emotional / hobby eating.

I don't eat pineapple lumps now but by golly will I be a pusher if they ever make them illegal.

We are talking the erosion of our civil liberties here.

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 19:33
legislation against the purchase of "bad food" isn't the right answer, obviously, but what is (the right answer)?

Perhaps not treating obesity related illnesses "on the house"?

firefighter
24th April 2008, 19:37
so what did I miss why have pineapple lumps been singled out? what about maccas I'm sure the takeaway joints contribute far more towards obesity than a lolly!

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 19:38
legislation against the purchase of "bad food" isn't the right answer, obviously, but what is (the right answer)?

Perhaps not treating obesity related illnesses "on the house"?

How about an advertising campaign along the lines of "It's not what we're eating, it's how we're eating" showing the fat bastards the consequences of their gluttony

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 19:40
How about an advertising campaign along the lines of "It's not what we're eating, it's how we're eating" showing the fat bastards the consequences of their gluttony
yes! :yes:

Big Dog
24th April 2008, 19:55

Could include:
* the damage done to your bike / car / furniture by the increased load.
* the additional wasted water and chemicals in cleaning the clothes to cover your fat arse.

Would not work. Not in my experience. It just makes you farkin hungry.
How about a culture of being responsible for your actions?
How about a culture that prosecutes bullies?
How about a culture where spousal abuse is not tolerated?
How about a culture where healthier meals are not cheaper than unhealthy crap?
How about a culture where there are not so many women with a santa fetish?
How about a culture where people who are not obese are not treated like meat by the opposite sex?
How about a culture that does not say that sexual expression is taboo?
How about a culture that does not bully anyone who is not immediately legendary at a particular sport?

You want obesity to go away?
Get people to care about themselves.
Get them to care about others.

Treat the causes of obesity, not the mechanism.

Big Dog
24th April 2008, 19:56
Yes I have an axe to grind on this issue.
Yes I largely blame the nanny state.

SixPackBack
24th April 2008, 19:59

Brilliant!!...we could decriminalise drugs at the same time and make the individual responsible for their actions on that subject as well........

Dave Lobster
24th April 2008, 20:01
Who would we laugh at if there were no gut buckets to point at and prod?

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 20:02

Yeah - those filthy beardy-weirdy orgasimists

Gubb
24th April 2008, 20:03

...Please. Continue. I'm intrigued.

Flatcap
24th April 2008, 20:04
Brilliant!!...we could decriminalise drugs at the same time and make the individual responsible for their actions on that subject as well........

I concur - we particularly do not want the gangs to control the distribution of pineapple lumps

firefighter
24th April 2008, 20:09
I concur - we particularly do not want the gangs to control the distribution of pineapple lumps

hahahahaha......imagine that......

MIXONE
24th April 2008, 20:11
Here's a thought.How about as parents we take it upon ourselves to feed our kids a balance of foods both healthy(fruit,veg etc)and unhealthy(occassional maccas/whatever) and not have anybody else have to worry about it.
Nah it'll never work.

Spuds1234
24th April 2008, 20:17
These kinda shitty ideas really get my goat.

The whole problem with society these days is that no one takes responsibly for their own actions. I realize I generalize and that a few people out there do take full responsibility for what they do but these people are few and far between.

Do people actually think that banning fast food, lollies, unhealthy snacks etc will solve any problems. In the short term they might but soon they will have to ban sugar to because people will go back to baking their own cakes and biscuits and making their own lollies (anyone remember home-made hokey pokey? Bloody good stuff).

Banning foods or legislating to make the foods harder to get will not solve any problems.

Pascal doesnt stand at the checkouts in the supermarkets and force you to buy their lollies. They dont force you to pick up the packets of lollies and put them on your trolly.

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc dont force you to drive into their stores, stand in line for 5 to 10 minutes only for you to have to wait another 3-5 minutes for your food. They dont force you to upsize your meals, they dont force you to get that free refill of coke. They dont force you to eat it all.

Parents complain that they cant get their kids to eat their veges, that they only eat junk food. Tell you what, if the parents wernt such softies and made their kids eat their veges the kids will get used to it and they will eat them without complaint every time after awhile. Especially if there is nothing else on offer. Fat kids are not the fast food companies fault. Fat kids are the parents fault.

The problem is not the advertising on tv, the problem is not the fact that these foods are available.

The problem is the fact that people no longer take responsibility for their own actions. Its always someone else's fault. Well I have news for you. Its not. ITS YOUR OWN FAULT.

I for one dont buy lollies. I used to when I was living with my parents. I was also eating alot better than I am now to. Hell what guy can actually cook a decent meal when they move out of home? I cant. Sure I can cook a steak, boil potatoes, peel carrots etc. But Im also very aware of the fact that if I buy biscuits and lollies they will last me a day max. A packet of lollies turns into a meal. A large bag of chips is suddenly empty after you have thoughtlessly munched away on them on the couch. In my pantry you wont find junk food with my name on. Its a choice I made. I took responsibility for my own actions and made a choice based on my past experiences.

If more people did this then New Zealand would be a better place. Hell we might even be able to turn left at an intersection on a red light like you can in the USA. It will never happen here because people wont take responsibility for their driving.

Fuck this Im starting to rant to much. Im outa here.

Forest
24th April 2008, 20:51
This whole situation reminds me of my school days.

"Some of you can't behave ... so all of you will be punished"

Swoop
24th April 2008, 21:05
We have to keep the fatties fat!

If they start losing weight, then they'll start chucking on lycra and clogging the roads with bicycles!:(

Keep wolfing down that KFC!!!

Hitcher
24th April 2008, 21:10
Enjoy it while you can. Before long it will be illegal to be anything other than a hemp-suited, roman-sandal-wearing, dreadlocked, tree-hugging, GM-free, organic vegan.

skidMark
24th April 2008, 21:16
Right so whose going to stock pile pinapple lumps for the black market?

Meh, i will just do whati always do, break the law, lifes no fun when you obide by it lol.

I mean cmon we are bikers, we have a reputation to hold.

kiwifruit
24th April 2008, 21:36
These kinda shitty ideas really get my goat....

**rant**

Fuck this Im starting to rant to much. Im outa here.

+ 1

Sanx
24th April 2008, 23:03
It's not like eating (relatively) healthy is all that expensive, even if you are a lazy fuck. And because I am a lazy fuck who can't ever be bothered to cook for just one person, I have two choices. Buy take-out, or buy ready meals.

In the local Coles supermarket there are single-serve frozen meals for about $4.50. 97% fat free, apparently, with the Aussie equivalent of the Heart Foundation tick. Takes 6 mins 30 seconds to prepare, and is a pretty decent meal, all things considered. There's some variety: chilli con carne, steak in pepper sauce with veges, garlic lemon prawns on rizone pasta, lamb goulash, various fish dishes and a couple of others with mushrooms, so I don't eat them.

Cheaper than a value meal at Maccas and a damn site tastier too.

The people that go down to KFC for their (and their family's) evening feed are simply stupid. It isn't just laziness or apathy or a lack of knowledge of how to feed their kids properly. It's stupidity. Sure, KFC might taste nice - I adore the stuff - but no-one with more than about three functioning neurons could possibly think that eating a bucket of it every night isn't going to make you put on weight.

Obesity is the single biggest cause of preventable death in the western world - not smoking. Oddly, smoking makes you less prone to be obese, as nicotine is a quite effective appetite suppressant. Obesity is a problem that particularly affects Islanders, due in part to their genetic make-up resulting from having spent a couple of thousand years getting used to eating fruit, veges and fresh fish. In Western Samoa, 75% of the population is classed as clinically obese. Other ethnic groups, who haven't got the caucasian tolerance to meat, are also disproportionately affected.

The answer is education. Possibly some government controls or subsidy on fresh foodmight work but simply not declaring unprepared food GST-free, similar to the UK rules, would be a start. Teach kids how to cook in school. A ban on advertising for fast food joints might also help. But the key is still education.

And because of that, NZ is fucked. This useless shower in the beehive don't believe in education (educated people, on average, don't vote Labour). They'd much rather introduce hurried and poorly-planned legislation and try to fix problems that way. And once again, they'll either fail or worse, make the situation worse.

Skyryder
24th April 2008, 23:18
Yea I'd ban Pineapple lumps. When I was a kid they were soft and chewy. Now they are hard and stale. I'd get rid of Minties too and save a bundle of denatal fees.
But woe to the fuckers that ban Irish Moss. I'd go to war for them I would.:jerry:

Skyryder

Jeaves
25th April 2008, 00:04
Now im rather thin , would i get a card to say i can purchase the "forbidin donut"?

What if your unfit and eat crappy foods but remain thin? would you then be legally defined in the same class as the obese?

Would sugar be banned?

Would it be illegal to become fat.......even by choice?

Would making homemade un-uber-heathly foods and feeding it to yourself/kids be illegal?

F%ckers

Now how many packs of cigarettes were you after fatty?

Patar
25th April 2008, 02:48
Fucks sake.
If people can't moderate their own eating habits, quite frankly that's their own shitty problem.
People are being spoon fed (quite literally) and refuse to accept the consequences of their own actions, or inactions as the cases may be.
I am sick and tired of listening to people whine about problems that are caused by their own unwillingness to do something about it.

There are fucked up people in this world, there always has been and there always will be, it is NOT the responsibility of government or other authorities to tell them that they aren't living correctly, and it damn well is NOT the general, healthy publics responsibility to support these people.

tl;dr : if people make decisions to live unhealthily and then complain about being fat they can fuck off into a hole somewhere.

/rantover

ohright
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6j6GcP3-uQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I6j6GcP3-uQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dave Lobster
25th April 2008, 04:32
How about if fast food joints (etc) were obliged to refuse to serve fat people, like bars are obliged to refuse to serve drunks?

I'm sorry sir, I think you've had enough.... :laugh:

Big Dog
25th April 2008, 10:09
It's not like eating (relatively) healthy is all that expensive, even if you are a lazy fuck. And because I am a lazy fuck who can't ever be bothered to cook for just one person, I have two choices. Buy take-out, or buy ready meals.

In the local Coles supermarket there are single-serve frozen meals for about $4.50. 97% fat free, apparently, with the Aussie equivalent of the Heart Foundation tick. Takes 6 mins 30 seconds to prepare, and is a pretty decent meal, all things considered. There's some variety: chilli con carne, steak in pepper sauce with veges, garlic lemon prawns on rizone pasta, lamb goulash, various fish dishes and a couple of others with mushrooms, so I don't eat them.

Cheaper than a value meal at Maccas and a damn site tastier too.

The people that go down to KFC for their (and their family's) evening feed are simply stupid. It isn't just laziness or apathy or a lack of knowledge of how to feed their kids properly. It's stupidity. Sure, KFC might taste nice - I adore the stuff - but no-one with more than about three functioning neurons could possibly think that eating a bucket of it every night isn't going to make you put on weight.

Obesity is the single biggest cause of preventable death in the western world - not smoking. Oddly, smoking makes you less prone to be obese, as nicotine is a quite effective appetite suppressant. Obesity is a problem that particularly affects Islanders, due in part to their genetic make-up resulting from having spent a couple of thousand years getting used to eating fruit, veges and fresh fish. In Western Samoa, 75% of the population is classed as clinically obese. Other ethnic groups, who haven't got the caucasian tolerance to meat, are also disproportionately affected.

The answer is education. Possibly some government controls or subsidy on fresh foodmight work but simply not declaring unprepared food GST-free, similar to the UK rules, would be a start. Teach kids how to cook in school. A ban on advertising for fast food joints might also help. But the key is still education.

And because of that, NZ is fucked. This useless shower in the beehive don't believe in education (educated people, on average, don't vote Labour). They'd much rather introduce hurried and poorly-planned legislation and try to fix problems that way. And once again, they'll either fail or worse, make the situation worse.

Prefer my home made versions. They are people sized, cost half as much and actually taste good.
My complaint about "healthy choice" is the use of preservatives and the flat tasteless etc. Often I would rather eat the box.

oldguy
25th April 2008, 10:40
Party pills do no one no good anyway.

but I will sign a petition to save the pineapple lumps

Gubb
25th April 2008, 10:43
Could make a case for 'medicinal Pineapple Lumps'.