PDA

View Full Version : No wonder cops aren't engaged

marty
25th April 2008, 14:10
This would be statutory rape in some countries, but it doesn't seem to be so bad in Invercargill:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10506197

firefighter
25th April 2008, 14:13
I find it hard to believe that the girls "offered" themselves........

marty
25th April 2008, 14:17
134 Sexual conduct with young person under 16

(1) Every one who has sexual connection with a young person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years.

(2) Every one who attempts to have sexual connection with a young person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 10 years.

(3) Every one who does an indecent act on a young person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years.

(4) No person can be convicted of a charge under this section if he or she was married to the young person concerned at the time of the sexual connection or indecent act concerned.

(5) The young person in respect of whom an offence against this section was committed cannot be charged as a party to the offence if the person who committed the offence was of or over the age of 16 years when the offence was committed.

(6) In this section,—

(a) young person means a person under the age of 16 years; and

(b) doing an indecent act on a young person includes indecently assaulting the young person.

marty
25th April 2008, 14:19
Contents › Part 7 Crimes against religion, morality, and public welfare
131B Meeting young person under 16 following sexual grooming, etc

(1) Every person is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 7 years if,—

(a) having met or communicated with a person under the age of 16 years (the young person) on an earlier occasion, he or she takes one of the following actions:

(i) intentionally meets the young person:

(ii) travels with the intention of meeting the young person:

(iii) arranges for or persuades the young person to travel with the intention of meeting him or her; and

(b) at the time of taking the action, he or she intends—

(i) to take in respect of the young person an action that, if taken in New Zealand, would be an offence against this Part, or against any of paragraphs (a)(i), (d)(i), (e)(i), (f)(i), of section 98AA(1); or

(ii) that the young person should do on him or her an act the doing of which would, if he or she permitted it to be done in New Zealand, be an offence against this Part on his or her part.

(2) It is a defence to a charge under subsection (1) if the person charged proves that,—

(a) before the time he or she took the action concerned, he or she had taken reasonable steps to find out whether the young person was of or over the age of 16 years: and

(b) at the time he or she took the action concerned, he or she believed on reasonable grounds that the young person was of or over the age of 16 years.