PDA

View Full Version : Replacement wheel options?

Grub
25th April 2008, 19:19
So the MB100 with drum brakes is not a racer, it needs new wheels and brakes. I haven't a clue about where to look or how to go about sourcing wheels and brakes. There just seems to be so many variables in geometry and brakes that it's all a bit daunting. I'm antcipating that you could get it frighteningly wrong! Where to start?

Kickaha
25th April 2008, 21:27
So the MB100 with drum brakes is not a racer, it needs new wheels and brakes. I haven't a clue about where to look or how to go about sourcing wheels and brakes. There just seems to be so many variables in geometry and brakes that it's all a bit daunting. I'm antcipating that you could get it frighteningly wrong! Where to start?

GL145 front end should bolt straight in, gives you a disc brake and better forks, then it depends on whther you want to run slicks to what wheels you fit

Grub
25th April 2008, 22:21
GL145 front end should bolt straight in, gives you a disc brake and better forks,

Oh you da man .... that's exactly the sort of thing that a man needs to know. At least then I'll have something to work with - have a :apint:

diesel pig
25th April 2008, 23:21
GL145 front end should bolt straight in, gives you a disc brake and better forks, then it depends on whther you want to run slicks to what wheels you fit

A GL145 front end WILL NOT bolt straight into a MB100 frame. To get the GL to fit needs the MB steering stem to replace the GL steering stem, which take some work. Kickaha is thinking of the H100 frame which the GL front end bolts straight into.

Kickaha
26th April 2008, 08:49
A GL145 front end WILL NOT bolt straight into a MB100 frame. To get the GL to fit needs the MB steering stem to replace the GL steering stem, which take some work. Kickaha is thinking of the H100 frame which the GL front end bolts straight into.

I always get that backwards:angry:

TygerTung
27th April 2008, 19:28
The drum brake on a MB100 can work quite well if it is set up correctly.

Skunk
27th April 2008, 19:57
So I've heard TygerTung - but not experienced... :lol:

TygerTung
28th April 2008, 17:04
Don't ask me how to set it up correctly though, I have a CG125 with the drum on the front and rear, and while the back one works really well, the front one is not so good!!!! I put new shoes innit and new brake cable and it sort of works now, it's good enough, I just sit as rear and upright as I can and use the back a bit more than usual. Its not a problem really.