PDA

View Full Version : pre BBQ warm up!

Coldkiwi
22nd August 2003, 16:30
Anyone interested in going for a ride before the BBQ tomorrow:

Planning a short trip around the kawakawa bay/kaiaua loop departing from and returning via clevedon after lunch tomorrow. Leaving Clevedon Shell about 1:30pm, doing the loop (clockwise probably), stopping somewhere in Auckland for a coffee to warm up and then heading out to Mitch's in Ranui for the BBQ by 6.

PM me or ph mobile on 021 537 473 if keen/need info.

Probably won't be going if its pissing down but I am in desperate need of an open road ride/thrash so it'll need to rain hard to put me off! People of all paces welcome of course :)

Firefight
22nd August 2003, 19:55
Weather permitting I'am in, working nights, so can;t do the bbq, but the loop sounds a go.:gob:

firefight:rockon:

Firefight
23rd August 2003, 17:36
Hey Cold Kiwi, great to meet you, Biker Boy , Aff Man & Andrew,
thanks for the company, great ride,weather held off okay for us so it was all good, hope all enjoy the BBQ, think of us sunday morn, while you sleep it off, KK & I will be going hard out in the sand @ Woodhill, well he better turn up:eek: cheers guys
firefight:rockon:

bikerboy
24th August 2003, 17:41
So gang, how was KK's great off road adventure?:D

Pictures anyone?:confused:

Hey, nice meeting and riding with you and your COOL, black, bike, firefight! :niceone:

SpankMe
24th August 2003, 17:47
Pity MikeL and myself didn't wait around a little longer, but nobody had turned up and it was getting wet :(

So who was on the R6 that I saw ride past the Shell station 3 or 4 times while I was paked over the road?

Firefight
24th August 2003, 18:52
That was fire fight, sorry I did not stop I was looking for a Z6, and did not figure it all out, till the others turned up(late)

firefight

bikerboy
24th August 2003, 19:23
LATE?!:argh:

Some of us prefer semi punctual :D

It's best to be more patient and remember, Things organized by CK are always late getting started.:Oops:

So what did you and MikeL end up doing, sharing a fine cuppa Horlicks?:gob:

Kwaka-Kid
24th August 2003, 21:24
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=9069#post9069

thats how my last 2 days went, also goes into some detail of trail riding.

but ill say most of it again :p  it was f-ing awesome, firefights a decent bloke and i really did appreciate his coaching etc whilest i was up there till i got into the flow of things again.

Still not fast or anything but definatly in that last blast along the whoops i was finally getting some good lines and smooth landings going.  I think if i go buy a XR250 so,mtime soonish(ill have to see) and just spend mabe 2-3 more weekends out there getting used to it i will honestly be semi-competent with most of woodhill, and really really enjoy myself, possibly even more then today, if that is possible..:):niceone::cool:

Firefight
25th August 2003, 07:38
Sorry BB:eek: , Yes semi punctual,is a far better, term, and yes it was a great day, KK did turn up for his ride @ woodhill:Offtopic:
and I have to say did bloody well, sadly I have no digital camera, so no pics, I think he sold himself a bit short, he kept up with the group, which with deep soft dry sand, is not that easy, I have to deny any knowledge of applying fencing wire to a bike as means of repair, Iám sure he must of imagined that:gob:Anyway it was great to meet KK, And he will be welcome to come out and ride again, (That's if he can fit it in between all his jobs):argh:Thanks again for your company the other day, next time we meet I'd like to know a little more about your bike,(like when your gona sell it)
cheers firefight:rockon:

Coldkiwi
25th August 2003, 12:20
Hey, I was actually ready to leave botany downs at 1:10 but aff-man didn't show till 20 past! (see, see, it's all his fault!)  :o

yeah, anything i organise is bound to be a little bit late.. or a lot. i did post my mobile number tho for such occasions!

aff-man
25th August 2003, 12:32
HEY that's not fair i was well i was well i dunno ...late :beer: :Oops: DOH

bluninja
25th August 2003, 12:34
At least you don't tell people to meet at Caltex and then wait at a Shell station:o mentioning no names:D

TTFN

bikerboy
25th August 2003, 12:44
HAHAHA, I was waiting for that you pastabike poseur you!:D

aff-man
25th August 2003, 12:45
Well at least we get out on the bikes (even if it is a little late) just means we have to acknowledge that we run on student time (= acual time + 20-30mins depending on the day) :done:

bluninja
25th August 2003, 14:33
pastabike poseur...oooh that hurts that does roflmaowpmp :rolleyes:

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
25th August 2003, 20:06
wtf Si.. you make the longest blimmin netslang crap!

"roflmaowpmp"

Does it really stand for:

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-NZ; mso-fareast-language: EN-NZ; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">Real Old Flaky Ladies masturbating alone on wooden planks maintaining pleasure</SPAN>

and is that what u think of when you are hurt?

hahahah! :P

MikeL
25th August 2003, 20:52
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
i did post my mobile number tho for such occasions!

... but it's not much use if you don't answer it...
(presumably because you're riding)

Hey, I've just had a great idea that will make me millions: a helmet with a built in cellphone... Why hasn't anyone thought of that before??
Anyone want to lend me some start-up capital? Half a million should do it...

Coldkiwi
26th August 2003, 12:33
umm, sorry to dissapoint mike, but it can already be done! just rig a speaker inyour helmet witha&nbsp; jack at the chin bar and a speaker cable to your phone (my nokia has a speaker socket) that is velcroed to your instrument cluster or fairing. bada bing :) (of course, if you can get someone to fork out 1/2 a mil, let me know!)

as for not answering my phone.. I did stop to send a msg to BB saying where we were as we passed through alfriston, so any calls would've been picked up then. I'm not FULLY stupid... just really late :)

bluninja
26th August 2003, 13:47
roflmaowpmp= rolling on floor laughing my arse off whilst pissing my pants

KK I don't want to know why you think it has anything to do with masturbation!!! Don't go there!!

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
26th August 2003, 13:52
haha! si,

what i find funny is you thought i was serious and explained what it stood for.. rofl, i am the youth of the board aint i? we just know these netslang things :p

ahahaha.&nbsp; But then again, it is me, you never really know where u stand.

aff-man
27th August 2003, 23:00
You're the youth!!!!!! :( :(&nbsp; making me feel old :beer: :beer: :beer:

Coldkiwi
1st September 2003, 12:39
IMNHO (look at me! i can play silly netslang games too!), youths&nbsp;ARE supposed to be Young Dumb and Ugly right?

hehehe :p