PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys!

Naked Commuter
18th December 2004, 15:54
Just got my bike yesterday and I'm just loving it!!! She's a little screamer!!! I thought 19,000rpm was only the stuff of F1 cars but much to my delight I was wrong.

I got into bikes just last month when I started having a few runs on my little bro Darryboy's GSX250. Before that I was doing all the lecturing 'Blah blah bikes blah dangerous blah blah blah'. But after seeing him breeze by fancy free each day while I was stuck in traffic I figured that he might be on to something. And he sure was!!! I was getting more and more hooked with every ride and started itching to get my own bike, so when I saw my lil baby come up on TradeMe I went for it!

It's going to be really great to get to know some of you guys, cause one of the things I noticed from my time on the side lines was just how friendly and supportive everyone in the biking community is. It's not like cars where it's all about bling or how loud it can sing, it's more about meeting and greeting then kicking back, or if you prefer, leaning forward and enjoying the ride!!!

Catch you guys soon,
Starkers AtoBer

Two Smoker
18th December 2004, 16:06
Welcome along to the site :niceone: thats an awesome attitude you have there :niceone:

Sparky Bills
18th December 2004, 16:07
Welcome to our wonderfull world!! :spudwave:

Joni
18th December 2004, 16:13
Hello and welcome! :spudwave:

MSTRS
18th December 2004, 16:47
HELLO it is a different world and it is wonderful :sunny:

2_SL0
18th December 2004, 17:38
Hi Ho :spudwave:

Skunk
18th December 2004, 18:45
Gidday. Welcome. :kick:

Firefight
18th December 2004, 19:31
welcome mate, a great place to be, enjoy ! :spudwave:

F/F :laugh:

wari
18th December 2004, 19:50
:spudwave: ... :moon: ... :sunny: ... :spudbooge

Al
18th December 2004, 20:22
Welcome!
The biking family is growing :yeah:

Al

Ms Piggy
18th December 2004, 20:42
Excellent to see that you were able to see the great community there is within the biker community. It's something that continues to amaze me.

Enjoy your bike & welcome! :spudwave:

stevedee
18th December 2004, 21:11
Good on ya mate, once a biker always a biker, you see in 20 years time it still will not have left you.

Milky
18th December 2004, 22:19
Willkommen.

Good to see more people getting the bug out there. All we need now is this weather to be just a little less winterishy :cold:

ching_ching
19th December 2004, 06:04
Kia ora bro, :spudwave:

Welcome to our happy place. Glad you stumbled on the yellow brick road.

Enjoy!

ching ching

PS...
CBR250RR. Had one while I was learning as well. Great solid bikes for a 250. Keep it in shape and it will take care of you.

Coyote
19th December 2004, 16:17
I've only had the CBR250RR for a while, great bike, you'll love it

What year is it and how much?

Naked Commuter
20th December 2004, 00:00
Hi guys thanks for the posts :laugh:

I got the bike from an auction on TradeMe for $3050, needs a bit of TLC for the fairings but apart from that she's sweet. :D

Here's the sale link http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/auction_detail.asp?id=19581831. Any of you guys know the bike?

Coyote
20th December 2004, 08:57
Looks like you got yourself a good bike :niceone:

thehollowmen
20th December 2004, 08:57
Welcome to the madhouse, with a handle like that you're gonna fit right in :Punk:

vifferman
20th December 2004, 09:00
Welcome to KiwiBiker, Dude!:spudwave:

Storm
20th December 2004, 09:28
Welcome to our wee gang of nutters :spudwave:

By the way, dont you get cold/get funny looks when commuting naked? :whistle:

Coyote
20th December 2004, 09:45
By the way, dont you get cold/get funny looks when commuting naked? :whistle:
Argh, imagine the road rash :eek5:

magnum
21st December 2004, 21:28
hello and welcome :spudbooge

SuperDave
21st December 2004, 21:43
Hello and welcome.

MSTRS
21st December 2004, 21:48
Remember to walk softly & carry a big stick (or was that *stink*). Enjoy your newfound freedom.

Biff
22nd December 2004, 09:47
Welcome.
Has anybody mentioned that all newbies must present gifts to all existing members - It's the law. :msn-wink:

inlinefour
22nd December 2004, 16:12
Just got my bike yesterday and I'm just loving it!!! She's a little screamer!!! I thought 19,000rpm was only the stuff of F1 cars but much to my delight I was wrong.

I got into bikes just last month when I started having a few runs on my little bro Darryboy's GSX250. Before that I was doing all the lecturing 'Blah blah bikes blah dangerous blah blah blah'. But after seeing him breeze by fancy free each day while I was stuck in traffic I figured that he might be on to something. And he sure was!!! I was getting more and more hooked with every ride and started itching to get my own bike, so when I saw my lil baby come up on TradeMe I went for it!

It's going to be really great to get to know some of you guys, cause one of the things I noticed from my time on the side lines was just how friendly and supportive everyone in the biking community is. It's not like cars where it's all about bling or how loud it can sing, it's more about meeting and greeting then kicking back, or if you prefer, leaning forward and enjoying the ride!!!

Catch you guys soon,
Starkers AtoBer

Enjoy the ride and I hope to see you on the road one day. Good to see that someone else has had luck on TM and they aint all POS like some say. :niceone: