PDA

View Full Version : It is happening!!!!

Mom
29th April 2008, 19:35
OK!!!!

All you people that are thinking
that it has been too long since something has happened.

It Is Happening!!!

See here

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=73712

This is an opportunity to make your voices heard
and to raise funds for the people that will come and get us if it really turns to crap!

Please support this ride

WelshWizard
29th April 2008, 23:55
Just an add on in march another rider This time near Liverpool was sliced and diced by WRBs, motorcyclist are being killed by these things all over the world even in countries that are supposed to be banning them, we need to win this fight for there removal not just a petty revue of there use.

sunhuntin
30th April 2008, 14:00
signed up, thanks mom.

Mom
30th April 2008, 18:46
Just an add on in march another rider This time near Liverpool was sliced and diced by WRBs, motorcyclist are being killed by these things all over the world even in countries that are supposed to be banning them, we need to win this fight for there removal not just a petty revue of there use.

Exactly! Hence the need to bring this issue back to public notice!

signed up, thanks mom.

Cheers mate!

Bit of lateral thinking here though. We cant organise your rides for you people. This is a wonderful opportunity for those of us that feel strongly about the Cheesecutter barriers and the devastating effects they are capable of delivering to show our hand.

The ride that Maha man has organised is to raise funds for our Westpac helicopter, we have also chosen to use it as an opportunity to liven this issue up a bit.

Imagine if you can, a ride on the same day, all over NZ, for the same cause (raising funds for our helicopters) and taking our message to the people.

If anyone wants ideas on what they can do PM me or Maha man.

Organise your own rides out, with arm bands and petitions, raise some money for the folk that come and get us if we are in trouble while you are about it.

What I would love to see is people all over the country doing something on the day to raise the awareness. I have the original media contacts and am willing and prepared to co-ordinate this drive.

Please make it a big thing.

sunhuntin
1st May 2008, 09:12
i will speak with my local triumph club, see if they can help rally around. i will wait to see what chanceyy comes up with, and then print slips of paper with date and details and hand them out to local riders who come into my work. see if the local rag will run an advert or article for us.

Mom
1st May 2008, 19:13
With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight we have now put a link to this thread on the home page. I was beginning to think that no one cared about the cheesecutter issue.

The Westpac/local to you helicopter ride provides a perfect opportunity for those of us that feel sufficiently moved about the issue to have a say!

This is a ride that Maha man is attempting to get happening nationwide, to raise funds for the people that come and get us, and our kids, and our parents, and our friends, should help be really needed.

What better way to provide a heads up for the CC cause, a National Ride on the same day.

What say you all?

WelshWizard
1st May 2008, 19:26
I have put alot of thought into this, and the reason why I have stated that there will no more than a group of 10 bikes in the main collection ride is that, due to the tight time frame, any more than that would be to hard to to keep together. We are wanting all others to choose which Bike Shop would best suit to be at when we get there. This is going to be a Nation Wide Event with other rides being organised in the lower North Island and in the South Island as well. We have had contact from an insider at the New Zealand Herald and a press release will be put together ASAP...
Im looking forward to what the other Regions come with and once they are sorted, we will get in touch with the Herald.
More updates as they happen....thank you....Mark

ask this

Well Mark what are you going to be doing to raise the WRB issue, seems to me that this is getting people who are pushing to WRB issue, with out any coverage major coverage of the WRBs?

and this is the answer

There is a thread that has been started for that very reason, please address all CC questions and ideas to this thread.
We encourage any suggestions that have/not already been disccussed.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=72693

Still not an answer, as Mark will be reading this maybe he will give an answer to the question.

I will still support the Westpac meet but I don't think it will get the WRB issue over as it is not a main issue and therefor devalues any WRB protest run.

Mom
1st May 2008, 20:03
ask this
and this is the answer
Still not an answer, as Mark will be reading this maybe he will give an answer to the question.
I will still support the Westpac meet but I don't think it will get the WRB issue over as it is not a main issue and therefor devalues any WRB protest run.

Hi John, thanks for your feed back!

As this is my thread I will respond.

Maha man is organising a ride that gives us all an opportunity to support our local rescue helicopter mate. He is doing his best to make it happen NZ wide. It is also a prime opportunity for us to hook up to his idea and raise awareness of these WRB's and the damage they can do not only to motorcyclists.

This issue has deliberately been split into both Meetings and Events for the Helicopter ride/s and the Cheese Cutter Campaign for those of us that want to take this matter further.

Organise your ride etc in Meetings and Events, and discuss what we are going to attempt to do for the campaign here.

Please try not to be negative about this initiative mate, please dont respond in a negative way! Being supportive is the way to go! None of us like WRB's. Some of us will hopefully support this ride.

We are very sensitive to where you are at John, we met your lovely boy. This is why we want to do something.

WelshWizard
1st May 2008, 21:22
So what is happening re the WRB side of this run?

As Maha man plans not have any time on the stops to discuss the matter,
how are we going to get the matter over to the press?

WelshWizard
2nd May 2008, 20:47
removed to keep thread on topic

Mom
3rd May 2008, 07:42
Excuse me guys, this is not the thread for this discussion, please take it elsewhere!

chanceyy
3rd May 2008, 20:15
please keep this thread on topic - any attempts to take it off topic will be moderated & moved to PD

thanks Chanceyy

Maha
3rd June 2008, 17:15
So what is happening re the WRB side of this run?

As Maha man plans not have any time on the stops to discuss the matter,
how are we going to get the matter over to the press?

Just an update on that....there will be something said at each stop by someone who is very passionate about this subject. And a press release has been forwarded to all media outlets.

WelshWizard
3rd June 2008, 17:23
Just an update on that....there will be something said at each stop by someone who is very passionate about this subject. And a press release has been forwarded to all media outlets.

Glad to here that

rat biker 08
3rd June 2008, 17:56
Going to p/north for rally with some mates should be a good day out.:yes:

Mom
3rd June 2008, 18:00
Going to p/north for rally with some mates should be a good day out.:yes:

It will be, this is happening all around NZ on the same day, if we all get behind it we have a better chance of getting national publicity showing bikers in a good light and get the spotlight and thinking back on these chesse cutter barriers. Hope you have seen this

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=73712