PDA

View Full Version : A snotty girl in Norway.

Liv, Norway
23rd August 2003, 00:06
:wavey:
Hello all Kiwies!

I'm Liv, I live in Norway, I'm the happy owner of a BMW Scarver, and I got a cold. Sniffle.

So:
What to do to get well soon?
I have tried to drink a little Norwegian aquavit, but it does'nt help.

My english is not perfect, but you just have to live with that:
You see; I'm planning to visit this Kiwi-club several times a week.
OK?

So :beer: and thell me how to get well! :)

:wavey: Liv, Norway.

Liv, Norway
25th August 2003, 10:13
39 wievs, and not one 'get well soon'.

Sniffle. :(

:sleep: Oh well; I may be all right tomorrow. Nighty-night!

:) Liv, a little less snotty.

chic 'n' charge
15th November 2003, 13:22
Hi Liv - are you feeling any better? I do hope so.
What size is your BMW? Sorry I'm not up with play on European bikes - I ride a Kawasaki ZX9R. How are things for riding over there? I have a friend from Norway - but she doesn't ride a bike.

TTFN

Liv, Norway
16th November 2003, 04:15
Hi Chic 'n' charge!

I have started a new cold, but I'm feeling OK now. Thank you!:)

Riding here is not fun;
It's +5 at daytime, fog, rain, and sometimes it's ice on the tarmac in the morning. Ice = they use salt = and salt it's not a good thing on a bike! :(

So; My little baby is inside all the time, waiting for the spring.
He is a BMW F 650 CS Scarver:
650 ccm, one cylinder, 50 hp at 6.800 rpm, 62 Nm at 5.500 rpm, compression ratio 11,5:1, max speed 175 km/h (but I don't dare to do that!), water-cooled, injection, weight, dry:170 kg, ABS, heated grips, and it's a belt driving bike, like the HD! No chain!

If you make a search at the internet (Google?) I think you'll find some other pictures, and you'll see the hole in front of the seat: It's a room for luggage, music or a place to lock the helmet! :p
It's a strange looking bike, and I love it!

And they make a sidecar for it too!!

:) Liv.

Liv, Norway
16th November 2003, 04:27
Yes, it's true! BMW F 650 CS Scarver sidecar! :p

Liv, Norway
16th November 2003, 04:32
Ooops! I try again.

XRNR
16th November 2003, 08:22
What a cool bike, I like the spec's.

Does the gas go in under the seat?

You must have real petrol, not watered down stuff like we do! I envy your compression ratio.

Liv, Norway
17th November 2003, 02:19
XRNR!

Jepp; the gas tank is the black triangle underneath the seat. 15 litres.

And he is happy with 91 oct (ROZ)! But I give him 95 oct 'cause that's what's available around here.

:) Liv.

curious george
17th November 2003, 11:17
Hei jenta. Hott Sykkel!
Motorycyling is a summer sport there? It still look cold wherever you are in the photo.
Don't know about the sidecar though!

Liv, Norway
17th November 2003, 22:56
Hi George!
The picture:
It was a little cold that day; it was in April, and that's in the spring over here.

It's a bit colder her today; summer is over. Sniffle.
Temperature is close to +3C in average, fog, and a little rain for the last week.

Some of us are riding bikes in wintertime; I live close to Oslo, but I don't think people who's driving in the city each day meets a bike every day in winter. Right now it's not ice on the tarmac all over, but when it's getting a little colder and snow, there's not many bikes around.

Some of us have 2 bikes:
One for the summer, and one for the winter with studded tyres. And some are going out for the weekend and live in a tent, in the snow.
Not me!!
I stay by the fireplace! :-)

Liv.

Liv, Norway
31st January 2004, 02:42
Oh my!

I was out of this place for 8 days, and there's 1582 unread posts!

Oh please, I can't read all those!

If any of you have missed me;
I'm fine!
I've been busy moving snow from my driveway, my body hurts all over.
But I'm fine. ...I think..
(Please; no more snow! Pleeeease!)

:-) Liv.

Liv, Norway
31st January 2004, 03:04
Web cam:
http://www.vg.no/foto/kamera/lillehammer.hbs

Snow, snow, snow....

Liv.

A little info:
Right now it's getting dark, it's evening here now!

Yamahamaman
31st January 2004, 07:35
Hi Liv

Great webcam link.

Here is one for you.

http://www.webcam.co.nz/

Murray

MikeL
31st January 2004, 09:16
Oh my!

I was out of this place for 8 days, and there's 1582 unread posts!

Oh please, I can't read all those!

Liv.

For a start you can ignore all the ones about God and whether he approves of our riding.
Then check the most disreputable members and forget about any posts by them.
Should cut down the total considerably.
:bleh:

Liv, Norway
31st January 2004, 22:34
Thank you, MikeL! :-)

Yamahamann:
Thanks for the link! But I can't make it work...

I got one for you, New Zealand:
http://www.enzed.com/cam.html

Do you all sleep at this hour? I can't see any one! The time here now: 11.45 am saturday.

Liv, Norway
31st January 2004, 23:17
I figured it out!
11am are 11pm there.
You go to bed when I eat lunch.

And I can see some of you are not in your bed:
I can see cars moving at Courtenay Place, in the dark. Where is Courtenay Place, in a town I may heard of?

And one more thing:
How do I move the cold-smilie over here to my letter?
I know I have done that before this site got the new look.
I'm sure you have made the cold-smilie for me!!

wari
31st January 2004, 23:53
I figured it out!
11am are 11pm there.
You go to bed when I eat lunch.

And I can see some of you are not in your bed:
I can see cars moving at Courtenay Place, in the dark. Where is Courtenay Place, in a town I may heard of?

And one more thing:
How do I move the cold-smilie over here to my letter?
I know I have done that before this site got the new look.
I'm sure you have made the cold-smilie for me!!

Hey Liv ... I think Courtnay Plc is in Wellington (the capital).

and just click on the cold smilie should see him/her drop into your post...

see ... :cold:

Liv, Norway
1st February 2004, 03:10
Hi!

I've been trying to log in through Microsoft Internet Explorer; I normally use Opera.
So; are the smilies gonna work now?

I try... No, nothing happends.

I did a waving smilie once, and a banana.
??

wari
1st February 2004, 04:03
Hi!

I've been trying to log in through Microsoft Internet Explorer; I normally use Opera.
So; are the smilies gonna work now?

I try... No, nothing happends.

I did a waving smilie once, and a banana.
??

Use the latest version of IE and you shouldn't have a problem ... or you can just type the characters associated with the smilie and the graphic will display.

: c o l d : (without the spaces in between) will give you :cold:

Liv, Norway
1st February 2004, 04:22
:baby: :banana:

Testing.

Liv.

Liv, Norway
1st February 2004, 04:27
Jippiiiiii!

:bash: That's me!
:brick: Me too!

:pint: And this is for you!

:hug: You and me!

::-): Liv.

Liv, Norway
1st February 2004, 04:30
Neeh, wrong!

This is a beer for you! :apint:
: :-) : Liv.

wari
1st February 2004, 04:53
semi-success is bettern no success ... :apint: :banana: :yes:

moko
23rd February 2004, 04:44
semi-success is bettern no success ... :apint: :banana: :yes:

or in this case "Liv and let Liv"

Liv, Norway
23rd February 2004, 20:56
A-HA!
You know Liv = life!

There is so many songs about me; Life! I'm famous! :banana:

Liv.

Liv, Norway
8th June 2004, 23:35
Hmmm... I think I better have a look at this place more often...

So; how are you down under?
Does it feel awkward to be upside-down? Do you get all the blood in you head, and nothing in your feet?
;-)

Liv.

Andrew
8th June 2004, 23:47
?
Does it feel awkward to be upside-down? Do you get all the blood in you head, and nothing in your feet?
;-)

Liv.
How come I don't fall off the earth aswell when I ride? Could my bike fly in space?

bluninja
8th June 2004, 23:51
How come I don't fall off the earth aswell when I ride? Could my bike fly in space?
Andrew, having seen you ride I thought you often had a problem with the tyres staying in contact with the ground :killingme

bluninja
8th June 2004, 23:53

;-)

Liv.

How are you down under? A bit personal that isn't it? LOL
I have now turned the right way up and reside in England...just enjoying the sunshine..

Andrew
8th June 2004, 23:55
Andrew, having seen you ride I thought you often had a problem with the tyres staying in <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=contact&v=55">contact</a> with the ground :killingme:

Thats ok for you to say. - You're fortunate enough to live in the part of the hemisphere where your tyres are pressed onto the road, NOT sucked away from the road. Just ask FF to explain the physics behind it!! :killingme:

Ghost Lemur
8th June 2004, 23:59
How are you down under? A bit personal that isn't it? LOL
I have now turned the right way up and reside in England...just enjoying the sunshine..

Having your one day of sunshine today are you? Better get out and enjoy it. :killingme

Andrew
9th June 2004, 00:06
Having your one day of sunshine today are you? Better get out and enjoy it. :killingme
Actually I saw Sky news for today and parts of England were getting up as far as 30 degress C - Wow thats HOT!!

wari
9th June 2004, 00:29
Actually I saw Sky news for today and parts of England were getting up as far as 30 degress C - Wow thats HOT!!

:cry: SUMMER :cry:

Liv, Norway
9th June 2004, 02:11
Thank you all! :-)
I had a good laugh!!

I'm sure you people down under make your tyres last for many more miles/kilometres then we do up here:
Because of so little gravity there are so little press on the tyres. :-)
The gravity goes south, right? 'Cause south = down.

Yes, I think I'm the professor of this club! :-)

Liv, still up here.

bungbung
9th June 2004, 08:34
How is summer treating you Liv? have you discarded your heated socks/gloves/jacket/helmet yet? :sly:

James Deuce
9th June 2004, 08:59

;-)

Liv.

Terribly sorry, but there is an increasing body of evidence to suggest that relative to the Galaxy's magnetic and gravitational orientation, the "Northern" hemisphere is actually on the bottom of the planet. I can't wait for you lot "up" there to wake up to this and fall off the planet :).

Liv, Norway
9th June 2004, 19:54
How is summer treating you Liv? have you discarded your heated socks/gloves/jacket/helmet yet? :sly:

The summer is not that hot yet, so I sometimes use my electric gear. If it's raining.

The temperature at night is 10celcius or lower, and that's when the weather are good! :-)

We are living close to Santa, and you know where he lives? ;-)

;-) Liv.

Liv, Norway
9th June 2004, 19:57
Terribly sorry, but there is an increasing body of evidence to suggest that relative to the Galaxy's magnetic and gravitational orientation, the "Northern" hemisphere is actually on the bottom of the planet. I can't wait for you lot "up" there to wake up to this and fall off the planet :).

Neh; I don't believe you.
You're just afraid to fell off the Earth!
Get a brain shrink! ;-)

;-) Liv.

Mongoose
9th June 2004, 20:06
The summer is not that hot yet, so I sometimes use my electric gear. If it's raining.

The temperature at night is 10celcius or lower, and that's when the weather are good! :-)

We are living close to Santa, and you know where he lives? ;-)

;-) Liv.

Not sure where he lives, but wish the Fat Bloke would come and pay for all the presents he owes me for!! Next year he can give the cash up front before i do his Xmas shopping.

Liv, Norway
9th June 2004, 20:15
Not sure where he lives, but wish the Fat Bloke would come and pay for all the presents he owes me for!! Next year he can give the cash up front before i do his Xmas shopping.

Yes; money first! :-)

Liv.

moko
10th June 2004, 11:05

Yes mate,hot,highly unusual and very welcome.Guess which smug pommy git got this week off work?Hardly been off my bike all week and realising what a difference a bit of sun makes.My local area,ex-home of at least 2 migrant KB`ers,is totally awesome once heated and with the bright stuff giving it loads,reminds me of N.Z.,and that`s a true compliment in my book.Should`ve taken that holiday Wari,life`s sweet here right now my friends,Fazer,twisty roads,sun,sea,....................

moko
10th June 2004, 11:11
Hi Liv,we get the Scarver in the U.K. but the FS650 is far more popular.I`ve only seen one Scarver but they`re pretty neat,kind of bike that sems odd at first but grows on you,cetainly a lot of thought gone into the design by BMW.
We`ve got a heatwave here at the moment but I know more about the kind of temperatures you ride in than our downunder mates,gets to -6 here in winter for the occaissional day,hovers around zero for the few weeks around Christmas,no big deal if you`re used to it.Why the sidecar?Seen a couple of bigger BM`s with them but never anything like yours,surely not designed to lug such a thing around.

Liv, Norway
19th June 2004, 12:31
Hi Liv,we get the Scarver in the U.K. but the FS650 is far more popular.I`ve only seen one Scarver but they`re pretty neat,kind of bike that sems odd at first but grows on you,cetainly a lot of thought gone into the design by BMW.
We`ve got a heatwave here at the moment but I know more about the kind of temperatures you ride in than our downunder mates,gets to -6 here in winter for the occaissional day,hovers around zero for the few weeks around Christmas,no big deal if you`re used to it.Why the sidecar?Seen a couple of bigger BM`s with them but never anything like yours,surely not designed to lug such a thing around.

Hi Moko!

Why sidecar? I say; why not?
I don't have one myselfes, but I love to see it on almost all types of bikes.
Why? Fun! And in the winter you don't fell off that easely. And in the summer you have room for a tent and all you need for a week in the forest.
I don't think it's fun to ride a sidecar; it's hard, you need your muscles, and it's a different type of riding. But I hope many peolpe wanna ride with sidecar, it's fun to look at!

The weather:
Right now; rainstorm. I'm hoping for better weather.
But in the winter it's often -10, and sometimes -15celsius. ...I use my car those days...

Have fun! Don't wait; you never know what tomorrow brings!

Liv.

moko
27th June 2004, 08:18
But in the winter it's often -10, and sometimes -15celsius. ...I use my car those days...
Liv.

Liv,under your name it says "Fair Weather Biker",does that mean you only ride when it`s warm,like about the zero mark?
How did you find this place anyway?
What is the BMW like to ride?I really like the FS650 Dakar but they`re really expensive here.
AND a question for you,I ride a Yamaha FZS600,called a Fazer all over Europe but I`m told they`re not allowed to call it that in Norway because it`s a trade name for another product,is that true?

Gasman
24th August 2004, 13:30
Feels like Norway here today! Expected to snow again today, too cold for riding my F650GS, your bikes cousin. Looking forward to spring & summer!

Liv, Norway
9th September 2004, 20:38
Hi Moko!

Do you remember me? :-)

I can't remeber how I came across this forum, sorry!

I'm not a feary weather rider; that's what the administrator call ''new'' members in this forum.
Last October, the 20th; it was 0 celcius here, and I was out on my Scarver! I was wearing all my electric gear and a special neoprene throuser from BMW. It was cold on my forehead, so I'm trying to make something for my face. A hood is not good enough.
I don't ride my Scarver if there are ice or salt on the roads. Or snow. I love my bike, would'nt hurt him.

Yes; my Scarver is a ''he''!

Fazer:
Yes, that's a bike! And liquorice! They don't call the bike Fazer over here anymore, but they did!

It's spring down under, and autumn up here. Sniffle. But it's not cold yet! I was out yesterday!

Liv, Norway
9th September 2004, 21:03
Hi Gasman and Moko!

I forgot the most important; my baby!
I love my bike! Oh yesssss! :-)

When I got my licence I was looking for a bike
-with ABS
-no chain
-with heated grips
-with a power socket
-with injection
-not making much noise
-looking good
-easy to handle for an amateur
-and not a bike like all the others, a little special.
TAA-DAAA! SCARVER!
He loves curves!
And when I have the big rucksack (ryggsekk) on the rear seat, I have a perfect backrest - and the Scarver turns to a touring bike!
When I stop I put my helmet in the StuffBay (you know the hole in front of the seat, where the fuel tank is not!) and I love it when peolpe stop and look with big eyes!
I love my baby!

I have started a club for him over here; Club Scarver, and we are 15 members. And it's NOT a girls club!

Here in Norway all the Scarvers have ABS, but in USA they can buy Scarvers without ABS. I think all BMW's in Norway have ABS now either you like it or not.

Weekly I'm at a cafè, Tyrigrava, and wednesdays (in summer!) there are houndreds af bike ther, but only one Scarver. Sometimes two.
Is there any Scarvers in New Zealand? Or do all the F-people have the baby-GS?

So:
Snow, here? Not for two-three months, I hope.
Scarver? Love him! :-)

Liv.

moko
10th September 2004, 06:40
Hi Liv,welcome back.
I think ABS is optional here on the Scarver but I`m not 100% certain.I`ve only ever seen 1 on the road and I ride every day.I thought it looked a lot nicer than the press pictures I`ve seen which dont do it justice.Not really a popular bike here but British bikers are very conservative,the F650 trail bikes are very popular,I really like the newer model myself.All BMWs here are very expensive though.I`ve heard that there are loads of options for stuff to fit into the storage space in the tank,including a sound system,brilliant piece of design.
I ride in sub-zero temperatures as well but normally it`s only for a couple of days so not too big a deal.
In Britain we have a spray called FS365 which dos a great job of fighting corrosion,it actually neutralises road-salt.My Fazer came through last winter fine and it was nice to not to have to cover my bike in grease like I used to in winter to protect the alloy.
Here`s a write-up I did about F365 on Bob`s(another Brit KB`er)site Liv,I`m not in the bike trade and the "before" and "after" pictures are genuine and of my own Fazer,5 minutes with the spray cleaned up my engine as you can see.If you dont get this stuff in Norway Liv then maybe you could contact Scottoiler and suggest to them a new market,it`s very good stuff.
http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/fs365.htm

Liv, Norway
11th September 2004, 12:40
Hi Moko!

You are in England!
And I was thinking you live in NZ!

The salt is no problem; when there is salt, there is ice, and I don't dare to ride on ice!
And when it's 0 celcius outside it's OK to use the car!

Is BMW's really so expencive in England?
The price in NOK for my Scarver is 109,600,- and that's with ABS and a power socket and heated grips.
We have high taxes here, but in Sweden the bikes and cars are a lot cheaper.

I'll try to remeber to figure out the prices in EURO for you!

moko
11th September 2004, 17:13
Hi Liv,
just put the British Scarver price into a currency conversion web-site and our price is just over 66,000 NOK,seems as if we get them quite a lot cheaper than you.They`re about the same price as a 600 Hornet or Fazer(new model).These are VERY popular bikes over here so a limited market for the Scarver I`m afraid.We also get the Aprilia Pegaso which is a really nice bike,basically the same engine as the BMW 650(did you know the older F650 was built in the Aprilia factory in Italy?)but with 5 valves and that`s quite popular as well,wouldn`t mind one of those myself.
BMW`s are expensive here compared to other makes,the big 1100cc+ "trail" bikes are so popular that they hardly depreciate in value at all and there are people that have put a deposit down on the new R1200GS that are making a lot of money by selling their "allocation".I saw one last weekend and I want one!!

moko
11th September 2004, 17:19
The salt is no problem; when there is salt, there is ice, and I don't dare to ride on ice!
And when it's 0 celcius outside it's OK to use the car!

Liv.

I have to ride on the ice because I dont have, or want, a car. Riding regularly on slippery roads isn`t ideal but will make you a better rider plus you get to know your bike a whole lot better than most, nice and gentle and you`ll be o.k.

Liv, Norway
13th September 2004, 10:10
Hi Moko!

NOK 66000,- for a Scarver in England?
Send me two, please!

I was looking at a BMW-site;
Scarver NOK 105500,- and if the Euro is 8,32 - that's 12680,28 Euro.
R 1200 GS NOK 181800,- and in Euro:21850,96.
K 1200 RS NOK 205000,- and in Euro:24639,42.
Did I do this right?

We don't use Euro; we are not in EU. But it feels like we have no benefits, but have all the bad things because of that. So what's good; EU or not? I don't know.

Send me some Scarvers, please! In a box, and write ''spare parts'' on it! I can sell parts to my Scarving friends! ;-)

Colapop
22nd December 2006, 15:50
Liv, Olaf here. I miss you, vy you not call...?

NighthawkNZ
22nd December 2006, 16:08
hello Liv... :scooter:

ummm errr that about all i got to see at the moment... :) :scratch: :ride: