PDA

View Full Version : Repaint the XS11

chrisso
30th April 2008, 18:04
Arr yeah Gday there Trevs( I remember Fred Dagg) im repainting the ol Girl-The Bike Too... Coupla pics. Nearly done, just finish the blue outline & clear, I airbrushed the Redback after chasing the little buggers around at work:gob:

Subike
30th April 2008, 18:07
I like
looking forward to seeing the total finished product.
Interested in what mods you plan to do to your xsessive

chrisso
30th April 2008, 18:08
Howdy Subike; Im trying to put more pics up but wont work ? Im looking at R1 front brakes in the near future, maybe a wider rear rim(spoked)cant go too wide tho as you know -shaft drive.Hows yours goin?

chrisso
30th April 2008, 18:23
Pics not be happening???

98tls
30th April 2008, 18:27
Very nice,another with the modding disease,:clap:looking forward to more pics.Been down the late model brake thing with my old thing and a bit disappointed really,went with 05 busa 6 pots braided lines and 5/8th master cylinder and although ok i reckon i could have achieved the same by simply getting better pads and braided lines on the 4 pots i had,i gather a radial mc will fix it though.

rat biker 08
30th April 2008, 18:35
Iv just got a 78 xs 11 haveing fun doing it up . Like thhe pics

chrisso
30th April 2008, 18:42
Very nice,another with the modding disease,:clap:looking forward to more pics.Been down the late model brake thing with my old thing and a bit disappointed really,went with 05 busa 6 pots braided lines and 5/8th master cylinder and although ok i reckon i could have achieved the same by simply getting better pads and braided lines on the 4 pots i had,i gather a radial mc will fix it though.

Its got 93 CBR 600 calipers, RGV250 M/cyl but they not so good. And braided lines. R1 would have to be heaps better.

Subike
30th April 2008, 18:43
awaiting parts arrival from USA & UK
other than that, have sourced a nice selection of seconf hand parts from a private collector, and no I am not going to say where as there is just enough parts for me.
I have 3 weeks WOF left on the ole girl, and plan to use her till then.
Then its strip down time, and the serious work will begin, as money has been saved to start the project.
A competent exhaust man has been found, plans given and all he needs are my existing xhaust to do the job.
Sandblasting and painting of frame after mods also booked. Black of course.
So if murphy does not pop in for a visit, then the summer season will be a revamped xsessive crusing the Highways.

98tls, looked at upgrading the brakes like you have done, but after discussions with the XS11 forum , there is little to be gained from doing this other than the cosmetic value. properly set up the std brakes as sufficent for the power of the bike for normal highway use, but agree a set of bremcos would look really nice.

Chrisso, love the side covers, for mine, less is more

chrisso
30th May 2008, 18:05
Nearly done

kiwifruit
30th May 2008, 18:12
nice work :cool:

Katman
30th May 2008, 18:36
Philistines!