PDA

View Full Version : Honda DN-01 2008

Zuki Bandit
19th April 2008, 19:33
Whats your take on this beast? It sure looks futuristic, in a quick lookin armchair sought of way!

http://www.huntsmotorcycles.co.uk/NewBikes/2008_Honda_DN-01.htm

Sorry if this topic is a repost, I did a quick search!

rainman
19th April 2008, 21:01
Ooh.... er... ah... feck... wot... my brain hurts!

What I like:
- Seating position (although that always has to be tested on the real bike)
- Bars
- Low emissions and general greenie-ness
- Tail light
- Shaft drive
- Monoshock rear

What I don't:
- The exhaust
- The view direct from the front, the bars look like they're too high for the fairing
- Actually I don't like the fairing much. Is it even a fairing? Looks like a weird tank-fairing hybrid crossover thingy.
- The mirrors. Looks like you'd only see your own knuckles.
- Front indicators
- Boards not pegs

What I'm unsure about:
- Automatic?
- It's a 680cc? For a bike that looks like that I'd expect a bit more (but maybe it's got more grunt than what I'm assuming)
- The brochure doesn't have specs for power, weight etc
- A 15.1 litre tank is probably reasonably generous for a cruiser, wonder what the consumption would be like

Overall it's more no than yes, though.

rainman
19th April 2008, 21:06
One more thing. In the (rather naff) launch video it sounds like a sewing machine, not a V-twin...!

Fail.

PrincessBandit
19th April 2008, 21:28
FilthyLuka posted about the DN01 in Dec 07 under the heading "Honda what the hell were you thinking?" So, yes, repost in a way, but that's cool.

Hitcher
2nd May 2008, 12:33
Take a ride on the mild side.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/01may08_2008honda_dn01_p1.htm

http://www.cmsnl.com/news/img/honda-dn-01.jpg

vifferman
2nd May 2008, 12:48
Bastidz!
The wheels won't fit the VFR! :Pokey:

Yeah, that's about the only thing I liked about it, apart from mebbe the instrument panel. And the transmission sounds OK - it would eliminate the crap Honda clunky gearbox (albeit not as cheaply as a Factory Pro Evo Star shift kit...)

kiwifruit
2nd May 2008, 13:00
Looks like alot of fun... when will a demo be available Sparky Bills?

MD
2nd May 2008, 17:59
Interesting...
There will be the usual negative slaggers (the glass is always half empty types) looking for things to pick on and moan about.

But it looks refreshing to me and yet again a manufacturer is being brave and sticking their neck out to offer us something different. Well done. It would be a boring place if all ice cream was vanilla only.

I find that front on view quite stricking, in a good way I mean.
This could go down well with the commuter folks looking for something different than a scooter. And cruiser folks looking for a twist of something ...odd / different that stands out from the worn out formula cruiser look.

When? how much? where's the demo? Will it wheelie?

98tls
2nd May 2008, 18:20
Interesting read indeed and am sure it will have its place,love the front on view of it myself though side on leaves a bit to be desired.

Hitcher
2nd May 2008, 18:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8vToMD7l8Q

Wiki Drifter
2nd May 2008, 20:39
that is one big-ass scooter

insane1
2nd May 2008, 21:25
maybe one big ass scooter but would be worth a test ride anyway.

K1W1
23rd June 2008, 04:59
If anyone buys one of these (fugly) beasts can they write a review on it.

I for one, am glad that that bike is not coming to the US!!

ital916
23rd June 2008, 07:48
I think it's cool, looks like some futuristic video game bike. If it gets more people onto two wheels good on honda. It's greener than mega scooters today I would presume and looks better than the mega scooters they have today. Actually, if you watch the release video, first thing he does is swing a leg over it so I guess it's a motorcycle with a tiptronic (? thats the one aye) gear box. Auto bike when you want or push button gear box when you want to be sporty.

I wouldn't mine having a go on it haha. They might special import it for people here, if an australian model is made.

Swoop
23rd June 2008, 11:47
If you put your hand over that fugly top fairing, it looks quite good.

_intense_
23rd June 2008, 13:48
www.wtf.com