PDA

View Full Version : FFS: 5 weeks and still no bike!

Macstar
3rd May 2008, 15:47
My patience has all but run out. Major withdrawls starting to occur. Want to go riding but still no bike as I wait for parts to arrive. I think it is at least another week away too, more likely two.

I need to vent:(

I haven't been away from bikes this long ever. To make things more frustrating, I have a whole new set of riding gear sitting there unused.

Anyone want to take me for a double tomorrow?

Macstar
3rd May 2008, 15:51
Or lend me their bike? :woohoo:

bomma
3rd May 2008, 16:49
poor guy....and you're only gettin older as well....

here's an idea to keep you busy, something you would have already heard of...something quite popular with teenage boys (which i assume you were once, back in the 1800's) they say self-service is the best service and a signpost at the cock n bull advertise it as "the best things in life are hand-pulled"....you guessed it mate!!!

:tugger::tugger::tugger::tugger::nya::blip::finger ::done: :lol::lol:

Macstar
3rd May 2008, 16:57
poor guy....and you're only gettin older as well....

here's an idea to keep you busy, something you would have already heard of...something quite popular with teenage boys (which i assume you were once, back in the 1800's) they say self-service is the best service and a signpost at the cock n bull advertise it as "the best things in life are hand-pulled"....you guessed it mate!!!

:tugger::tugger::tugger::tugger::nya::blip::finger ::done: :lol::lol:

I guess I might have found that funny back in high school :baby:

bomma
3rd May 2008, 17:01
I guess I might have found that funny back in high school :baby:

only as old as you act mate and i plan to be 18 for the rest of my life :2thumbsup:clap:

hows the arm btw??? getting all your function back?? what part exactly did the doc say you snapped??? (im interested coz im doing human anatomy this sem)

Macstar
3rd May 2008, 17:05
only as old as you act mate and i plan to be 18 for the rest of my life :2thumbsup:clap:

hows the arm btw??? getting all your function back?? what part exactly did the doc say you snapped??? (im interested coz im doing human anatomy this sem)

Wrist is sweet now. Scaphoid was the culpret - but just a small piece broke off it, not a fracture.

was that the test you said you bombed in another thread?:laugh:

bomma
3rd May 2008, 17:10
Wrist is sweet now. Scaphoid was the culpret - but just a small piece broke off it, not a fracture.

was that the test you said you bombed in another thread?:laugh:

oh yep i know exactly where that is :) first bone under the distal end of radius :cool: and yes that is the test i bombed on....i knew forearm/hand and back/neck but forgot the shoulder and pectoral girdle.....twas shocking mate shocking!!! :spanking: :crybaby:

bomma
3rd May 2008, 17:13
Or lend me their bike? :woohoo:

and i would except insurance would take a long, thick, splintery pole and stick it where the sun dont shine if anything happened :buggerd:

and i dont think my parents would be too impressed with me either :spanking:

Macstar
3rd May 2008, 17:13
Anyway - you owe me a double.

bomma
3rd May 2008, 17:17
Anyway - you owe me a double.

haha yep that i will do.....we'll head out on a ride next weekend if the weather's good aye??

im swamped with uni-work untill wednesday (had to get an extension for my 34% essay due at 5pm last wednesday coz at 2pm that day i found out that id gotten it horribly wrong and that the topic i had written on wasnt one of the topics for the essay:crybaby:) lucky for me it was a legtimate reason for me screwing so the lecturer gave me a week extra :baby:

ital916
3rd May 2008, 18:25
Come to my place tomorrow evening and give my bike a blat down the road, stephen will be to make sure it's running ok. It's a gutless fucking wonder so need to find out if it's meant to be that way. Feels like i've bought a 2 stroker four stroke, only makes power at redline lol

Nagash
3rd May 2008, 19:06
Haha, i'm starting to get to my fourth week without a bike..

I rode my mangled up hunk of shit of a bike from Wild West back home today and absolutely loved every moment of it! Took a very long way home with bent frame, forks, handlebar and everything else chomped to fuck.. was wicked fun :D

(Oh, and I'm 90% sure it was your bike I saw ontop of the stands being worked on by the mechanics, so atleast they're doing something)

But now it sits in my garage awaiting me to strip it down.. gutted.

Now all I have to keep me sober is test riding bikes I can't afford..

glice
3rd May 2008, 19:36
I'll give you a double, thatl be a funny sight.

klyong82
3rd May 2008, 20:01
I know the feeling macstar ....i did not ride for a week so I took the blade round town today and man loved every moment it. Cannot imagine 5 weeks without a bike unless I am on holiday...

EJK
3rd May 2008, 20:31
My patience has all but run out. Major withdrawls starting to occur. Want to go riding but still no bike as I wait for parts to arrive. I think it is at least another week away too, more likely two.

Welcome to my world :apint:

Btw did you sell the KTM?

motorbyclist
3rd May 2008, 20:46
i've got a spare FXR lying around :p

Squiggles
3rd May 2008, 22:47
Im not cruel enough to force you to ride the gn

Macstar
4th May 2008, 15:33
Come to my place tomorrow evening and give my bike a blat down the road, stephen will be to make sure it's running ok. It's a gutless fucking wonder so need to find out if it's meant to be that way. Feels like i've bought a 2 stroker four stroke, only makes power at redline lol

Uh Oh, one set of probs for another...? I'll stay home and watch the Moto GP on Tv 1 tx.

Haha, i'm starting to get to my fourth week without a bike..

I rode my mangled up hunk of shit of a bike from Wild West back home today and absolutely loved every moment of it! Took a very long way home with bent frame, forks, handlebar and everything else chomped to fuck.. was wicked fun :D

(Oh, and I'm 90% sure it was your bike I saw ontop of the stands being worked on by the mechanics, so atleast they're doing something)

But now it sits in my garage awaiting me to strip it down.. gutted.

Now all I have to keep me sober is test riding bikes I can't afford..

Bugger mate, any word if you'll be seeing some dollars from the guy who hit you? New bike shopping is fun but.

I'll give you a double, thatl be a funny sight.

That would be mate! I think we'd new a new rear shock afterwards too!

I know the feeling macstar ....i did not ride for a week so I took the blade round town today and man loved every moment it. Cannot imagine 5 weeks without a bike unless I am on holiday...

Looking forward to getting the Hondas together soon mate!

Welcome to my world :apint:

Btw did you sell the KTM?

KTM sold a few months back unfortunately. Would be good to have it for moments like now. So your FXR aint rideable yet?

i've got a spare FXR lying around :p

Im not cruel enough to force you to ride the gn

Hmmm. If no bike by next weekend, I'll be giving you guys a call!

EJK
4th May 2008, 16:41
:shit: Sold that almighty KTM superduper-mega-omega Motard??

That bike was awesome! lol
Well, good luck with the bike thing... same for me too lol

motorbyclist
4th May 2008, 19:50
maybe ask Don for a courtesy bike while they fix yours? it'll get you back on two wheels and probably speed up the work on the hornet too ;)

i see they have a CR500 motard - it'd make your ktm seem like a child's toy!

Macstar
4th May 2008, 22:04
maybe ask Don for a courtesy bike while they fix yours? it'll get you back on two wheels and probably speed up the work on the hornet too ;)

i see they have a CR500 motard - it'd make your ktm seem like a child's toy!

That's a bloody good idea. Especially since a certain bike shop has failed to meet several deadlines...

bomma
5th May 2008, 16:20
im not sure which bike shop you speak of :whistle: but i gather its the same one that still hasnt managed to mail my insurance request to the insurance company 2 months after me having bought the bike.....great ppl......very friendly....great in-house service.....not on the ball.....

oh and ask don if you can take the royal enfield on loan!!! that thing sounds mean and is an awesome experience!!!!

HungusMaximist
5th May 2008, 22:15
Guessing it's going to be another week aye Mac boi?

Getting back on the bike again will be like the good old adolescent days where
you fondled your fist pair of tits. :msn-wink:

On the other note, Andrew's right it's kinda of strange how haven't offered you a courtesy bike.

But then again it's all down to how much your wrist can handle, hope it's all healed up now!

motorbyclist
6th May 2008, 00:14
lol considering how he binned the last one they prob don't want him riding their bikes! though it'd be an easy way to sell them - to their insurance company:laugh:

bomma
6th May 2008, 12:00
lol considering how he binned the last one they prob don't want him riding their bikes! though it'd be an easy way to sell them - to their insurance company:laugh:

thought that would make them more than keen to lend bikes out....get money for excess from customer, get insured sum from insurance company and then buy it back for dirt cheap from insurance company, re-do it for piss all and stick it back on the shop floor with the same price tag :whistle:

klyong82
6th May 2008, 12:29
thought that would make them more than keen to lend bikes out....get money for excess from customer, get insured sum from insurance company and then buy it back for dirt cheap from insurance company, re-do it for piss all and stick it back on the shop floor with the same price tag :whistle:

That could be very true then...

pocketcracker
6th May 2008, 13:29
i predict you will have your bike back this friday ! ,, as awaiting the tank ... seen it today while picking up bike , over heard them talking !

2wheeljunkie
6th May 2008, 16:56
i feel for you issac..i remember when i was stuck witout a bike for a month..then again i had a scooter to travel but its pretty much the same...it was horrrible...hope i neva go through that again..hope yer wrist is feeling better now..:2thumbsup

Macstar
6th May 2008, 21:53
Thanks fellas, I heard from the Don today that my bike will be rideable as of Sat morning but not finished. Apparently ex-Jap parts still haven't arrived. That's alright though - I just want to go riding - all weekend - both days - Coro loop - up north - down south - etc etc.

bomma
6th May 2008, 21:55
Thanks fellas, I heard from the Don today that my bike will be rideable as of Sat morning but not finished. Apparently ex-Jap parts still haven't arrived. That's alright though - I just want to go riding - all weekend - both days - Coro loop - up north - down south - etc etc.

lol the hoon's back on the roads :shit:

Macstar
6th May 2008, 22:12
lol the hoon's back on the roads :shit:

No 'hooning' for at least this weekend! (and all SMC club rides)

bomma
7th May 2008, 12:58
^ in your own words isaac "you grandpa-ing up on me mate??" :lol: you can stick with me down the back if you wana....then close to the end of the ride we can make a mean dash for the front and see how far we get :2thumbsup

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 13:10
Geeze there is a fair bit of whinging going on here. Be bloody thankfull that you can still ride, are not in a wheelchair like me and the bike is getting fixed.

However, I had to wait 5 weeks for my brand new cbr600rr to arrive from Japan, which it did slightly quicker. But for 4 weeks I was bikeless because I sold my old bike to another kiwibiker. Really sucked, but I did alot of downhill mountian biking and tracks. Good way of dealing with the frustration of not being able to ride and when I got home and had a shower, I was too fecked to care.:blink:

bomma
7th May 2008, 14:12
^ well where else is he gonna whinge?!?! if his mates arent here to support him during his time of need then who the hell will?!?! social support is a very important part of relieving life stress matey so whinge on i say and let your mates give you a pat on the back and get you back on track with words of kindness and appropriate advice :niceone:

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 18:16
^ well where else is he gonna whinge?!?! if his mates arent here to support him during his time of need then who the hell will?!?! social support is a very important part of relieving life stress matey so whinge on i say and let your mates give you a pat on the back and get you back on track with words of kindness and appropriate advice :niceone:

Well this is where we will have to disagree. There are two ways of dealing with stress. One is dwelling on it and one is doing something about it to get your mind off it and using the stress as a motivational tool. Like when you get close to a deadline for an essay. You either give up and moan that its too hard or you get on with it to meet the deadline. My good friends would tell me to stop biarching also.:whistle:

klyong82
7th May 2008, 18:37
Stress relieve method? Agree with Inlinefour; doing something that would take your mind off the stress....I dont believe in the alcohol but my stress relieve method involves rolling out the bike out of the garage and go for a long ride alone.....

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 19:19
Stress relieve method? Agree with Inlinefour; doing something that would take your mind off the stress....I dont believe in the alcohol but my stress relieve method involves rolling out the bike out of the garage and go for a long ride alone.....

I used to be a charge nurse in the lockup side of the psychiatric unit here at the hospital. As you might guess when the shit really hit the fan the stress levels go up (or you just have no idea of what its like dealing with acutely unwell people experiencing a signifigant episode of mental health/illness). There was days that I just rang in sick and blasted off down the backroads on one of my motorsickles dependant on what sort of mood I was in was the choice of bike I was riding. I must admit that when I had to start selling my 13 and a half motorsickles I put up a thread. But it was not there to whinge but to express my sadness at the time, I just kept telling myself of how lucky I am to still be alive and those in the know, know it was close to game over. Ive allways tried to see the cup half full and guess I dont understand why people see it half empty. This guy has not got the bike for awhile, woopdeefarkingdoo. I had the bike but no way of riding and Im farked if I want pity/sympathy as I'd sooner run the dumbarse over in my chair that offers it. I see someone crying for sympathy and think, what a softcock. Maybe I'm a wanker, but I can't feel that anymore either so I'd rather find something else to do. I've got a new 1/5th 2 smoker rc car now, does 80kph flat out or close to. I can allways chase someone around with it to get their minds of their problem(s) but it needs a fuel stop after about 15 minutes I'm told. But for this I'm sure I could jerry up something on a small trailer for long range.:innocent:

Squiggles
7th May 2008, 19:47
my 13 and a half motorsickles

*starts idolising*

im only half way there, what are they all complaining about??? :eek:

Macstar
7th May 2008, 19:52
Hey inlinefour

I'd seen your Avatar posted up on KB before but never realised that you were actually on 4 wheels. So firstly, pleased to meet you!

I guess, I should say that I too was in a wheel chair at one point in my life after I broke my neck and back. Fortunately for me (and no disrespect to you), I made a near-full recovery and within a year of the accident was living a pretty normal life. Nowadays, I live in daily pain but have a full range of movement.

As you have successfully demonstrated, a little perspective is always good - but I guess it's all relative at the same time too... 6 weeks without a bike is a biggie nowadays - but 10 years ago I was laid up for half a year after my accident.

Anyway, cheers for the reminder!

P.S. Could you ride a trike?

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 20:28
Hey inlinefour

I'd seen your Avatar posted up on KB before but never realised that you were actually on 4 wheels. So firstly, pleased to meet you!

I guess, I should say that I too was in a wheel chair at one point in my life after I broke my neck and back. Fortunately for me (and no disrespect to you), I made a near-full recovery and within a year of the accident was living a pretty normal life. Nowadays, I live in daily pain but have a full range of movement.

As you have successfully demonstrated, a little perspective is always good - but I guess it's all relative at the same time too... 6 weeks without a bike is a biggie nowadays - but 10 years ago I was laid up for half a year after my accident.

Anyway, cheers for the reminder!

P.S. Could you ride a trike?

No worries, Ive just had ACC pay for the green thing that I'm on in my profile pic, I wont tell you what it cost as you probably wont believe me (I didnt either until the rep showed me the paperwork:buggerd:). Yea it was crap being bed bound, I spent the first 4 or so weeks in a coma and everyone at ICU was surprised I pulled through. Must have been given some mickey mint drugs as I was in several worlds of my own, changing at random. I really would like something to ride again but we are having to get a new house built to handle my needs in the chair (:buggerd: again), so I'm not too sure whats going to happen there. However I'm hoping to get a ride on this http://www.martinconquest.com/home/ but are waiting to get the go ahead and if its all on there will be something put up on the home page here. Whats wrong with the hornet as I dont think that you actually said it and if you say you binned it be prepared for more shit. :Pokey:

Fook me, just looked at it for the first time and I'm buying a lotto ticket, I want it!!!

HungusMaximist
7th May 2008, 22:55
Just like to interject on the warm toasty tone of this thread...

I can't really relate to either Mac boi's or Inlinefour's freak accident experiences but the most I've ever spent in a hospital was a week, and that was pretty much enough to drive me nuts.

Good on you both for putting things back in perspective and life is fucking tops!

carver
7th May 2008, 23:05
not with those leathers son!

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 01:23
my 13 and a half motorsickles

*starts idolising*

uh-oh, i think sguiggles thought that sounded like a challenge:crazy:

inlinefour
8th May 2008, 02:02
uh-oh, i think sguiggles thought that sounded like a challenge:crazy:

He might do but I never said anything about my minature collection of sprotbikes. Must be about 100 of them in storage (I shit you not) and one we move into the new pad I'll be getting them out again. At one stage I had 15 but someone wanted the waterbus badly and it got silly not to take the money. Had a ratbike I made out of a ts50er, there is a thread I made with pics to confirm. Sold it on tardme for a buck reserve, funny how people do the bidding war shit and pay too much. Had my accident the day before I was to deliver it, but the trader decided I had a fairly good excuse...:whistle:

Oh, if your wondering what the half is, it was a Z50J monkey bike.

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 02:12
no! stop!

his "shed" is packed enough as it is with useless rust frames and water-filled engines! nearly had to build him a loft last time i was there to make enough room to work on my bike

plus with new pocket rocket arriving soon he won't be able to close the bloody door!

Macstar
8th May 2008, 08:47
http://www.martinconquest.com/home/ but are waiting to get the go ahead and if its all on there will be something put up on the home page here. Whats wrong with the hornet as I dont think that you actually said it and if you say you binned it be prepared for more shit. :Pokey:

Fook me, just looked at it for the first time and I'm buying a lotto ticket, I want it!!!

About $50K NZ plus a bit of frieght... Maybe you could also get ACC to pay for that too?!

Yes, the Hornet went for a wee slide... But she'll be back, better than ever with even more mods and new bling bits soon.

EJK
8th May 2008, 11:43
I miss your KTM lol

inlinefour
8th May 2008, 11:47
About $50K NZ plus a bit of frieght... Maybe you could also get ACC to pay for that too?!

Yes, the Hornet went for a wee slide... But she'll be back, better than ever with even more mods and new bling bits soon.

Wll ain't you the friggin dumbarse squid for doing that then, assuming your responabible. If I had known THAT then my first post would have been abrupt and to the point and I dont think you would have liked it. Yes that bike is expensive and really is not my sort of thing. Bling sucks arse unless it is also a preformance part. You see, I liked to go fast, did not really give a rats arse about bling. But in saying that, my 2 road going machines looked fairly cool. ;)

ehab2weelr
8th May 2008, 12:15
wtf!!!
Some ppl are a bit harsh..... shit happens weather its ur fault or not shit happens.....

isnt that the point of riding to do stupid things and learn from them? then one day ul have mean stories to tell and scares to show....:innocent: hahah

HungusMaximist
8th May 2008, 12:39
But she'll be back, better than ever with even more mods and new bling bits soon.

I am gonna laugh in your face if you go for another slide! :yes:

But you then can laugh in mine if I do another flip!

Macstar
8th May 2008, 12:47
he he - dumb and dumber!

BTW: Uncle Ross may be making a post at some stage...

Phurrball
8th May 2008, 19:19
he he - dumb and dumber!

BTW: Uncle Ross may be making a post at some stage...

And mildly retarded...but in perfect physical health.

Picture the following step-by-step scenario:

*Last Sunday's extreme rain
(was riding to Law library to study and return short-loan book - bike=no parking issues)

*Usual traffic bedlam going past Avondale Market aggravated by rain

*A right-turning van *with bullbars*

*Van is 'flashed' to turn through junction by 'helpful' motorist

*No one checks left lane.

*Said florist's van turns across the path of a 30-40km/hr straight-through bike, neither party visible to the other until too late.

*Bullbars surgically remove right-side fairing in spite of low speed.

*Naturally, Mr Helpful motorist sees what they've just helped create and f*cks off. SOOOO dark on that person. May they contract a horrible parasite that eats their arse off.

*All adds up to a $5K Firestorm with...

Wait for it...

***$11K of damage***

Cost is in spite of the bike being fine apart from cosmetics, marked front rim, bent fork leg and broken lug on frame. Apart from forks, the only functional thing broken is the clutch lever. He runs as boomingly-perfect as ever...Gutted. So, so gutted.

F*ck does Mr Honda know how to charge for parts! (so does Mr Yoshimura)

No secret here - have just had no time to go into details (And still don't as I'm still snowed under at school - so don't pester me!)
I also don't yet know full outcome - it's all a sorry saga I could do without right now.

Very unhappy to have a written off bike, but them's the breaks. My body is fine, and that's the main thing.

Pretty sure no legal fault on my part - just the "what if" voices that tell me I could've avoided it.

I could fix it - but it's probably more time and hassle than it's worth.

So: Money in the bank, ride the Baby VTR and FXR, and save for something niiiice after I finish professional legal studies. Perhaps show my age and get me a nice pre-VTEC VFR800 so my old-man wrists don't hurt?

I don't think I could own another Firestorm after having such an awesome one. It would be a let down. This is what makes me saddest - I had so much more I wanted to learn from this bike, so many more things to do before moving on:bye:

Big picture attached so you can all marvel just how the f*ck it can possibly be a write off??!! It could make a killer track bike for someone with the öhlins , Yoshis etc. I'm sure Star will put it up for $1 reserve on trade me sometime.

Sigh, sigh and farking sigh.

PS DON'T inundate me with questions as I won't be replying 'cos I'm too goddam busy to be hanging out on KB posting ATM. Normal transmission will resume after next Friday 16th May. I'm sure some of you will see me before then anyway - happy to talk in person.

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 19:21
oh gutted ross!

the interesting part is that the bastard runner who caused is probably less responsible than the van driver making a blind right hand turn without looking. i mean, a van has no bonnet; how/why could they not check?

and this is the second time this has happened to an SMC member in less than twelve months.

(oh, did the bike every reach the 100,000 km mark? you know what they say; the reason bikes don't get high k's is cars)

wtf!!!
Some ppl are a bit harsh..... shit happens weather its ur fault or not shit happens.....

isnt that the point of riding to do stupid things and learn from them? then one day ul have mean stories to tell and scares to show....:innocent: hahah

uh, no.
motorbikes are both a means of transport and a leisure activity - in both cases learning the hard way is not a good way to go about it, otherwise you end up dead.

that said, everyone bins at some point through their own fault or not; if you're lucky you don't get seriously injured when it happens and have the stories/scars to show for it

I am gonna laugh in your face if you go for another slide! :yes:

But you then can laugh in mine if I do another flip!

yeah but as i understand it your slip was a n00b "accident" accident, when isaac's was a noob "asking for it" accident

good on both of you for taking safety precautions first though. shit happens.

Macstar
8th May 2008, 21:32
Gutted Ross. There is a funny side to your photo though... my also-crashed bike is in the background! Don is making more money out of our club from repairs than he is in actual sales or mechanics! Who's bike will be the next one to enter Uncle Don's?

yeah but as i understand it your slip was a n00b "accident" accident, when isaac's was a noob "asking for it" accident

good on both of you for taking safety precautions first though. shit happens.

Ha! Mate is that what you said to yourself 6 months ago when you crashed your bike?!

klyong82
8th May 2008, 21:33
Darn Ross. sorry to hear about the Firestorm....I know how you love that bike. That prick that caused made he/she burn in hell....does not look that bad from the pics bet whoever buys it can just go to Ebay US and get cheap parts... Anyway Ross I do hope your next bike will still be a Honda...they are good bikes...so heal up and lets go riding when you are free...you can still have fun on a baby VTR..

cheers
Kim

PS: I think Isaac's Hornet is in Ross's pic tooo.

klyong82
8th May 2008, 21:37
Who's bike will be the next one to enter Uncle Don's?

No one....we are all gonna be a lot more careful from now on....too many crashes people...just too many crashes...

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 22:13
thre's not too much we can do with idiots like the pair that wrote off the firestorm on the road

HungusMaximist
8th May 2008, 22:19
No one....we are all gonna be a lot more careful from now on....too many crashes people...just too many crashes...

Hmm, coming to think of it, the only person I can think of who hasn't crashed is probably Kim... :msn-wink:

But on a serious note, I sure hope that all of you have good karma on your side and don't crash!

It's expensive and soul sapping, and not to mention the injuries.

Gutting but Ride on Ross!

Westie drivers aye... :spanking:

_Gina_
8th May 2008, 22:19
Gutted Ross. There is a funny side to your photo though... my also-crashed bike is in the background! Don is making more money out of our club from repairs than he is in actual sales or mechanics! Who's bike will be the next one to enter Uncle Don's?

Ha! Mate is that what you said to yourself 6 months ago when you crashed your bike?!
Did you end up going for a pillion ride?

Macstar
8th May 2008, 22:23
Did you end up going for a pillion ride?

Nah, no one offered and the weather was shit last weekend:bye: You offering?

_Gina_
8th May 2008, 22:29
Nah, no one offered and the weather was shit last weekend:bye: You offering?
As long as your available as a GP for tomorrow morning, I need a pillion to use for practice. PM me if ya keen.

G

pocketcracker
9th May 2008, 02:38
can i rap my arms around you AND SNUGLE IN ,, Puts hand up realy high , quietly moaning pick me pick me ! HEHHEHE

Squiggles
9th May 2008, 11:37
Who's bike will be the next one to enter Uncle Don's?

Well it wont be me.

Macstar
10th May 2008, 00:25
Or me!!!!!

klyong82
10th May 2008, 07:21
:nono: not me

motorbyclist
10th May 2008, 17:56
but it's your turn, isn't it? :p

Ragingrob
11th May 2008, 18:29
Yo Isaac got your baby back yet??

Macstar
11th May 2008, 19:12
Yo Isaac got your baby back yet??

Yeah mate. Spent the whole weekend either riding my bike or modying it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:droo l:

Got my fix!

Ragingrob
11th May 2008, 20:18
Nice one! And your wrist felt good as?

Macstar
11th May 2008, 21:40
Nice one! And your wrist felt good as?

Nah it hurt like a bastard every gear change but it was a good pain! CBR sweet nowadays?

Ragingrob
11th May 2008, 21:47
Nah it hurt like a bastard every gear change but it was a good pain! CBR sweet nowadays?

That sucks, has the doc given you a time frame in which he reckons it'll be 100% by? Yep yep new regulator finally and that's that!

Macstar
11th May 2008, 21:59
That sucks, has the doc given you a time frame in which he reckons it'll be 100% by? Yep yep new regulator finally and that's that!

Good to hear that it's finally sorted. Wrist just needs a bit more time - I did some ligament damage too which is what is taking so long...

Anyway - bloody awesome to be riding again!!

P.S. I only pulled one wheelie over the entire weekend (semi-accidently) and a 5 0 tucked down a side street bloody saw it. I couldn't believe my luck / timing / stupidity.

P.P.S it was a baby one too maybe 2-4 inches off the ground for a couple of metres.

Ragingrob
11th May 2008, 22:02
Good to hear that it's finally sorted. Wrist just needs a bit more time - I did some ligament damage too which is what is taking so long...

Anyway - bloody awesome to be riding again!!

P.S. I only pulled one wheelie over the entire weekend (semi-accidently) and a 5 0 tucked down a side street bloody saw it. I couldn't believe my luck / timing / stupidity.

P.P.S it was a baby one too maybe 2-4 inches off the ground for a couple of metres.

Did he get ya?? Lol dammit Isaac when will you learn :clap:

Macstar
11th May 2008, 22:07
Did he get ya?? Lol dammit Isaac when will you learn :clap:

:crazy:

I swear it's the exhaust / bike that does it to me. Cop and I came to an arrangement after a sound independent character witness came to my rescue.

Ragingrob
11th May 2008, 22:09
Haha sounds good enough to me! Alright well look forward to seeing ya at this week's chiller, if not on the road!

Hanne
11th May 2008, 22:30
:crazy:

I swear it's the exhaust / bike that does it to me. Cop and I came to an arrangement after a sound independent character witness came to my rescue.

'an arrangement', eh? Sounds like some kind of mafia dealings! I understand you and the cop had met before....:whistle:

motorbyclist
12th May 2008, 00:48

LOL

it's always the rectifier on a honda! they consider them a consumable item:angry:

didn't you check that earlier?

Ragingrob
12th May 2008, 09:20
LOL

it's always the rectifier on a honda! they consider them a consumable item:angry:

didn't you check that earlier?

Yeah and it checked out fine EVERYTIME! Pretty much this is what Stephen and I have concluded, from the start the regulator was pretty OK, then it was malfunction if it got too hot, but then would charge up again once cooled down so it was hard to notice. This is why the problems were so intermittent from the beginning and why the reg/rec checked out fine! So over time it just got worse and worse, charging less often, until the other day it gave out completely and my bike was (well tried to be) running straight from the battery until it wouldn't go at all!

Chucked a new one on, had to rewire it kinda as it had completely fried and melted the plug inside itself!! And hey presto, has been MINT since. All electrics, even say the neutral light, are WAY brighter! :rockon:

klyong82
12th May 2008, 09:49
Yeah and it checked out fine EVERYTIME! Pretty much this is what Stephen and I have concluded, from the start the regulator was pretty OK, then it was malfunction if it got too hot, but then would charge up again once cooled down so it was hard to notice. This is why the problems were so intermittent from the beginning and why the reg/rec checked out fine! So over time it just got worse and worse, charging less often, until the other day it gave out completely and my bike was (well tried to be) running straight from the battery until it wouldn't go at all!

Chucked a new one on, had to rewire it kinda as it had completely fried and melted the plug inside itself!! And hey presto, has been MINT since. All electrics, even say the neutral light, are WAY brighter! :rockon:

Yeah pretty common issue with the pre 2000 CBR. Happened to one of my older Fireblade the instrument lights kept popping one by one. Was wondering what is going but kept on riding it and one day I was on my way home and noticed the tacho was wasnt working.

Stopped on a hill as there was a red traffic light and the bike died and would not start had to push that bloody 205kg blade up the hill and cross the lights down the other side. Saw a gixxer 1000 rider ride pass me just staring at me. If it was me I would have stopped to help. Chucked a new rectifier and it was going good.

But glad its all sorted bro.

Phurrball
12th May 2008, 11:08
Mr Honda shouldn't be allowed to make his own wreck-you-later/rectumfriers or chain driven cams. (Gear driven cams all the way! w00t!)

They's about the only things on Hondas that give grief

*apart from whatever it is Mr Honda fits standard that leads to Suzuki riders' insecurities and necessitates their constant questioning of Honda riders' sexuality! Some sort of mind control field perhaps??*

vifferman
12th May 2008, 11:15
Mr Honda shouldn't be allowed to make his own wreck-you-later/rectumfriers or chain driven cams.

'tis about the only things on Hondas that give grief

Actually, Mr Honda probably doesn't make a lot of the bits on Mr Honda's bikes.
F'rinstance - the R/Rs are made by Shindengen, and give grief only because Mr Honda chose to fit them under bodywork, and wanted nice, small, compact units, rather than big beefy finned ones.
Shocks are made by Showa (a subsidiary of Honda, I think); and camchains could be made by some other company for all I know.
A lot of bike parts are actually made by small family companies contracted by the bike manufacturers, so are not actually mad 'in house' as such.

The biggest problem is that Honda won't admit to faults (saving face?) especially those that don't occur until well after bikes in Japan are outside of both their warranty and the date (five years?) by which they must be returned to AS NEW condition or taken off the road. So why should they give a crap? As long as they're not being sued by thousands of angry Mrkns, or their sales show a marked drop-off, they don't care enough to fix these minor niggles.

it's all about marketing, not substance.

Phurrball
12th May 2008, 11:42
^^ Quite right I'm sure.

I was more getting at the fact that Mr Honda is apparently happy to have a poor rep for these things in countries where bikes are not discarded while they are still shiny. Still, no bike is perfect, 'tis just that Honda is known for these things (especially the very last one here on KB - go figure?!)

I want to talk to the Vifferman at some stage too, since my poor Firestorm has been extinguished by a van with bullbars (ARRRRGH!). Was thinking of admitting my 'almost 30' wrists are not what they once were and seriously looking at a VFR... Apparently you know a *teency* bit about such beasts. Will fire you a PM whan I'm less stressed with 'school' work.

Ross

Macstar
12th May 2008, 11:44
'an arrangement', eh? Sounds like some kind of mafia dealings! I understand you and the cop had met before....:whistle:

I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations

klyong82
12th May 2008, 13:34
Actually, Mr Honda probably doesn't make a lot of the bits on Mr Honda's bikes.
F'rinstance - the R/Rs are made by Shindengen, and give grief only because Mr Honda chose to fit them under bodywork, and wanted nice, small, compact units, rather than big beefy finned ones.
Shocks are made by Showa (a subsidiary of Honda, I think); and camchains could be made by some other company for all I know.
A lot of bike parts are actually made by small family companies contracted by the bike manufacturers, so are not actually mad 'in house' as such.

The biggest problem is that Honda won't admit to faults (saving face?) especially those that don't occur until well after bikes in Japan are outside of both their warranty and the date (five years?) by which they must be returned to AS NEW condition or taken off the road. So why should they give a crap? As long as they're not being sued by thousands of angry Mrkns, or their sales show a marked drop-off, they don't care enough to fix these minor niggles.

it's all about marketing, not substance.

Haha i had a feeling you were gonna post something here. So guys Vifferman has vast knowledge when it comes to Honda's.

Hanne
12th May 2008, 21:09
I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations

Sounds like you have been being coached by Phurball in Media Interactions:wari:

motorbyclist
12th May 2008, 23:01
I was more getting at the fact that Mr Honda is apparently happy to have a poor rep for these things in countries where bikes are not discarded while they are still shiny. Still, no bike is perfect, 'tis just that Honda is known for these things (especially the very last one here on KB - go figure?!)

well why not? they don't get money off the second sale of a bike, and the more bikes are taken off the road the more bikes they get to sell

Phurrball
13th May 2008, 16:23
well why not? they don't get money off the second sale of a bike, and the more bikes are taken off the road the more bikes they get to sell

*Goddam economics - muttermuttermuttercurse - goddam poverty and inability to buy shiny, new things - fukkityfarkityfark*

That nothwithstanding, I'm sure people *do* have these things in mind when they shop for new bikes - hence why so many VTR1000 owners change the RR and put in manual CCTs loooong before the damn things shit themselves.

I'm sure many people are equally as 'sad' as myself, and reseach such things before shelling out on anything, second-hand or new.

bomma
13th May 2008, 21:02

man dont you know macstar's got all the underground hook-ups...one phone-call and he can get you the head of that damn were-sheep that attacked you....at a price :beer: