PDA

View Full Version : Fundraiser ride for the Hinds' firefighters (pissed off)

homer
4th May 2008, 11:54
I hope the titles correct enough

Anyways the missus and i were going on the short country ride after the wheels week parade.
Well so we thought , after the town parade and as advertised the all motorcyclists were to meat at the rosebank rest home to then set off to methven then to stavley, mt somers then down to the hinds firestation .
Upon arriving at the meeting point at precisely 11:30 am for the depart, we get informed that the ride left 15 mins before we got there .

Fuck yeah im pissed off
In the case of an advertised event , all times should be kept
I wont be bothering next time

CookMySock
4th May 2008, 15:17
fairy nuff I reckon. fag firefighters can do their own cake stall to raise cash for their xmas party, lol.

DB

Boob Johnson
4th May 2008, 15:28
Yeah fair call, id be pissed off too, but not for long, well at least till my house caught fire :D

homer
4th May 2008, 15:29
I was quite happy to go , waited all damn wek to get out , but youd think they wait till the said time before departing .

homer
4th May 2008, 15:29
Yeah fair call, id be pissed off too, but not for long, well at least till my house caught fire :D

yeah i hear ya

karla
4th May 2008, 15:32
I hope the titles correct enough

Anyways the missus and i were going on the short country ride after the wheels week parade.
Well so we thought , after the town parade and as advertised the all motorcyclists were to meat at the rosebank rest home to then set off to methven then to stavley, mt somers then down to the hinds firestation .
Upon arriving at the meeting point at precisely 11:30 am for the depart, we get informed that the ride left 15 mins before we got there .

Fuck yeah im pissed off
In the case of an advertised event , all times should be kept
I wont be bothering next time

Hey grasshopper, the flyer I have here says meet at 10.30 at the Ashburton Fire Service carpark. Was there a bit of confusion somewhere? :(

Fair enough to be pissed off, it's turned out to be a good day and I shoulda been there. Instead I'm watching children ... and can't take 2 pillions on bike. Sigh. :baby:

homer
4th May 2008, 15:47
not sure the paper here said registration from 9 am then moving on to the street parade at 10 30 , then regroup at the rest home leaving aprox 11 30
so you think they would have been there at 11 30 .

Yep "aprox 1130" went passed there at 1125 and they already left before that
so i guess now i have to work another week to get out .

karla
4th May 2008, 15:58
not sure the paper here said registration from 9 am then moving on to the street parade at 10 30 , then regroup at the rest home leaving aprox 11 30
so you think they would have been there at 11 30 .

Yep "aprox 1130" went passed there at 1125 and they already left before that
so i guess now i have to work another week to get out .

Ops - yes, reading again, says meet at 9am to join the parade at 10.30.

So why weren't you out of bed and down there at 9am?? :buggerd: :lol:

homer
4th May 2008, 16:19
Ops - yes, reading again, says meet at 9am to join the parade at 10.30.

So why weren't you out of bed and down there at 9am?? :buggerd: :lol:

We planned to go on the ride part after the parade , so you know , missed it all together .
thinking we had loads of time and meet them at 11 30 if wed missed them by 5 mins fine but not missed them by 15 mins .
After all we wouldnt have been there waiting at 11 then waiting for all we know 30 mins .
would have seemed a bit stupid

homer
4th May 2008, 16:20
mmmm i feel a sick day coming :whistle:

sinfull
4th May 2008, 16:57
mmmm i feel a sick day coming :whistle:

Fridays always a good day (this friday that is) cold duck in waipawa, come freeze ya bollocks of with a few mad bastards or next fri is another good sicky pic ! Taupo race track motott open day !
Or the friday after just cause ya should ! Awww to hell with it put the cows on auto milk and ride tommorrow ~!

homer
4th May 2008, 18:49
Fridays always a good day (this friday that is) cold duck in waipawa, come freeze ya bollocks of with a few mad bastards or next fri is another good sicky pic ! Taupo race track motott open day !
Or the friday after just cause ya should ! Awww to hell with it put the cows on auto milk and ride tommorrow ~!

bling sent fucken hell yeah
like the cow self milking bit , and no i dont work on a dairy farm
great thought though:clap:

homer
4th May 2008, 21:17
Hey grasshopper, the flyer I have here says meet at 10.30 at the Ashburton Fire Service carpark. Was there a bit of confusion somewhere? :(

Fair enough to be pissed off, it's turned out to be a good day and I shoulda been there. Instead I'm watching children ... and can't take 2 pillions on bike. Sigh. :baby:

oh i like the grass hopper comment :niceone:lol

The Lone Rider
5th May 2008, 10:26
Hope it was a good day though!

I woke up with the woman jumping on me telling me to get up! 10 minute scramble getting leathers on and stumbling over each other we were out the door. Make it as far as Rakia and thought fuck it, I don't care how fast I'm riding - I ain't getting there on time lol. So made a leasurely ride back and did some leathers shopping lol.

homer
5th May 2008, 19:05
Hope it was a good day though!

I woke up with the woman jumping on me telling me to get up! 10 minute scramble getting leathers on and stumbling over each other we were out the door. Make it as far as Rakia and thought fuck it, I don't care how fast I'm riding - I ain't getting there on time lol. So made a leasurely ride back and did some leathers shopping lol.

let me get this right ......

You woke up with a woman jumping on you .....and you wanted to race out side and go ride the bike
FFS

The Lone Rider
5th May 2008, 20:14

You woke up with a woman jumping on you .....and you wanted to race out side and go ride the bike
FFS

You missed the bit where it says "She jumped on me to wake me up"

Maybe I should have said "because she wanted me to take her out on the bike" rather than what your dodgey mind concocted! :pinch:

homer
5th May 2008, 20:18
well it looked thats ways:clap:

heyjoe
6th May 2008, 01:02
Sorry to hear you missed a nice ride. I can't comment on the info you have re departure times for the ride as I only found out myself from reading an article in the newspaper and seeing a trailer billboard up on the main street of Ashburton.

I can say that the assembly time at the Ashburton Fire Station was 9.00 a.m. and they lingered there waiting for late-comers until approx 10.15 a.m. at least. They also gave a briefing on the format for the parade and assembly point for the rides on Walnut Ave just along from Rosebank Resthome. Yes there were shorter versions of the ride for smaller bikes or ppl who did not want to do the full version. They did mention the intended end point at Hinds for the ride with raffle prize giving and refreshments/eats at the end before dispersal. I don't recall hearing a time for assembly at the start point for the ride. Sorry. I also can't comment on advertised ride assembly times as I have not seen any myself.

It was a good ride. Very crisp cool morning with sunshine and good scenery on the ride along the rural roads near foothills. One of the organisers said that there was approx 150 bikes there and about 200 people involved total. Lower numbers than last year due to rain out of town like in CHCH.

If you feel strongly about it perhaps a talk with the organisers about your points re timings and advertising will help avoid any similar next year. (BTW I am not involved with running this event).

Spuds1234
6th May 2008, 01:33

FFS

Seems like hes got his priorities sorted to me ;)

homer
6th May 2008, 07:13
Seems like hes got his priorities sorted to me ;)

yep when you really think about it guess so .
:2thumbsup

homer
6th May 2008, 07:17
Sorry to hear you missed a nice ride. I can't comment on the info you have re departure times for the ride as I only found out myself from reading an article in the newspaper and seeing a trailer billboard up on the main street of Ashburton.

I can say that the assembly time at the Ashburton Fire Station was 9.00 a.m. and they lingered there waiting for late-comers until approx 10.15 a.m. at least. They also gave a briefing on the format for the parade and assembly point for the rides on Walnut Ave just along from Rosebank Resthome. Yes there were shorter versions of the ride for smaller bikes or ppl who did not want to do the full version. They did mention the intended end point at Hinds for the ride with raffle prize giving and refreshments/eats at the end before dispersal. I don't recall hearing a time for assembly at the start point for the ride. Sorry. I also can't comment on advertised ride assembly times as I have not seen any myself.

It was a good ride. Very crisp cool morning with sunshine and good scenery on the ride along the rural roads near foothills. One of the organisers said that there was approx 150 bikes there and about 200 people involved total. Lower numbers than last year due to rain out of town like in CHCH.

If you feel strongly about it perhaps a talk with the organisers about your points re timings and advertising will help avoid any similar next year. (BTW I am not involved with running this event).

Yeah was posted that the regroup before the ride took place to be at rosebank leaving there at aprox 1130
i know only aprox but went passed there at 1125 no one there and 2 told me they already left 15 mins before