PDA

View Full Version : English soccer premiership title?

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 08:39
Well I suspect not many on site too interested but it's down to the wire with Chelsea beating Newcastle at Newcastle 2-0. No mean achievment.
Been a Chelsea fan since I was 11...
What do you reckon?
Wigan...can they do Chelsea a favour. They beat Aston Villa (6th) away and recent results have been better, even beat Liverpool at Anfield in the latter half of season.
Bolton...well reckon Chelsea should do the business at Stamford Bridge.
My prediction.

Wigan v Man U - Draw
Chelsea v Bolton - Win

(Not that I am biased)

yod
6th May 2008, 08:43
yay

soccer

(p/t)

the biggest Chelsea fan alive works down the hall from me, you two should get together

Maha
6th May 2008, 08:46

Four years then?.... should have seen them in their hey day!....

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 08:50
Four years then?.... should have seen them in their hey day!....

Hey I remember Ron Harris, Peter Osgood etc etc and those guys...watched a QPR game years ago when Stan Bowles was playing..."Stanley, Stanley, does your Mother know you are gay" was sung....

But don't miss the chinese stars and darts that got thrown around...

I was just around the corner from Stamford Bridge...

Lias
6th May 2008, 09:37
Chelsea for the win!

Maha
6th May 2008, 10:14
Hey I remember Ron Harris, Peter Osgood etc etc and those guys...watched a QPR game years ago when Stan Bowles was playing..."Stanley, Stanley, does your Mother know you are gay" was sung....

But don't miss the chinese stars and darts that got thrown around...

I was just around the corner from Stamford Bridge...

Peter Osgood?...OMG that sends the memory bank into overdrive...like um ...Peter Shilton/Peter Lorimer/ Peter Perfect...oh no he raced cars aye?

martybabe
6th May 2008, 10:17
wigan 1 Man U 3

Chelsea 2 Bolton 2.

I can't see Man U losing against wigan,worst case scenario a draw, which means you gotta win, no option.

Good luck.

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 10:46
wigan 1 Man U 3

Chelsea 2 Bolton 2.

I can't see Man U losing against wigan,worst case scenario a draw, which means you gotta win, no option.

Good luck.

Okay, lets see...just think Wigan will go for draw and Chelsea have not lost at home and have the passion on overdrive to win

Morcs
6th May 2008, 12:46
Well I suspect not many on site too interested but it's down to the wire with Chelsea beating Newcastle at Newcastle 2-0. No mean achievment.
What do you reckon?
Wigan...can they do Chelsea a favour. They beat Aston Villa (6th) away and recent results have been better, even beat Liverpool at Anfield in the latter half of season.
Bolton...well reckon Chelsea should do the business at Stamford Bridge.
My prediction.

Wigan v Man U - Draw
Chelsea v Bolton - Win

(Not that I am biased)

You really think you have more chance of beating bolton than us beating wigan?

seriously bolton is one of the last teams id want to play if I want to get a result.

Like mourinho said a few years back, they just 'park the bus'

DarkLord
6th May 2008, 13:20
I think Man Utd will win it. Looks like it will be pretty close but I don't see them slipping up against Wigan.

The Champions League final is going to be interesting as well.

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 13:25
You really think you have more chance of beating bolton than us beating wigan?

seriously bolton is one of the last teams id want to play if I want to get a result.

Like mourinho said a few years back, they just 'park the bus'

That was a few years back...and yes I reckon we have more chance of beating Bolton that Man U do Wigan given Wigan went to Villa Park this year and won so I reckon the pressure is more on Man U.

If we both end up on same points that will be a great testament to both teams with the only difference being 1 player with his goals...

This season Chelsea have Drawn 2 - Won 2 and Lost 0 to Man U with that recent win at Man U when Man U were on a power role so I don't think Man U can be so certain of taking title and there are probably a few supporters biting their nails.

Either way, I will be happy with Chelsea, they have shown character after loosing Mourinho and injuries to key players and will at worst end up being runners up to Premier and Champions Cup so not a bad years work...and you never know?

DarkLord
6th May 2008, 13:31
This season Chelsea have Drawn 2 - Won 2 and Lost 0 to Man U

Wrong. We beat Chelsea 2-0 at Old Trafford on the 23rd of September.

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 13:41
Wrong. We beat Chelsea 2-0 at Old Trafford on the 23rd of September.

My apologies......so you from Manchester then:whistle:"Peace be with You":hug:

DarkLord
6th May 2008, 13:44
All good dude. :)

Nah I'm not from there but been a Man Utd fan my whole life.

I think we've shown a lot of character this season too considering our dreadful start to the campaign, so here's hoping we can top it off with a League & European Cup double. But, time will tell.

Grahameeboy
6th May 2008, 13:50
All good dude. :)

Nah I'm not from there but been a Man Utd fan my whole life.

I think we've shown a lot of character this season too considering our dreadful start to the campaign, so here's hoping we can top it off with a League & European Cup double. But, time will tell.

I guess justice would be Man U winning 1-0 and Chelsea winning 20-0 and it would be a dead heat...:2thumbsup...whaya re'kon geezer.

DarkLord
6th May 2008, 13:56
Hahahaha.....I tell you what I'd be ok with Chelsea taking the title if they win 20-0 against Bolton, I'd be gutted we didn't win it of course but if they have the capability of scoring 20 goals in a game, they'd deserve it!

ManDownUnder
6th May 2008, 14:04
Aaaa yes - English soccer.

ok - enough on that - what's next?

martybabe
6th May 2008, 14:35
Aaaa yes - English soccer.

ok - enough on that - what's next?

Thats English (football ) I think you'll find.Thats the beautiful game without the Haka and the punch ups.
I thought you'd left. :laugh: