PDA

View Full Version : One less gas jockey to abuse

sunhuntin
7th May 2008, 09:00
well, after almost 3 years, ive finally had a gutsful of copping flack every single shift. twice in the first 5 minutes of a shift? nup. so, i filled out a resignation form and will do my last shift on saturday 30th may. dont have a clue what im going to do, but ive got application forms to take back and more to pick up.

my recommendation to all my favourite customers: go to gull! its so much cheaper!!!

:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

DarkLord
7th May 2008, 09:08
Good on you man. I don't know how you guys manage to cope with that sort of thing. I don't know how and why people get off abusing staff in petrol stations, etc. Good on you for taking a stand and leaving.

MIXONE
7th May 2008, 09:23
With the increases in prices abuse and drive offs will become an everyday thing.Some punters think the pricing is done by the staff!I can totally empathise with you here having been there done that.I think the boys at the top who do actually make the decisions should be named and shamed so that we know who to direct our abuse at.

Usarka
7th May 2008, 09:38
Are you going to be on pre-pay in your new profession? :innocent:

tri boy
7th May 2008, 09:48
Enjoy a week or two of freedom before job hunting again. You have earned it.:scooter::sunny::wari:

sunhuntin
7th May 2008, 09:57
cheers everyone.

tri, im job hunting as of now. cant afford 2 weeks with no pay. as it is, im going to have to take 2 weeks unpaid leave if i can afford to, to go to burt munro this year.
not really fussed about what i end up doing... something away from customers would suit. even minimal contact would be good.

yep, mixone... its already an every day occurance. hell, ive even had some bitch have a go cos the computer rounds to the nearest cent, not the nearest dollar. wtf? but the clincher was having to stay till 9pm every night IN CASE we get busy with gas bottles. sorry, but for some strange reason, id rather be at home, in my pjs, with my partner. :hug:

xwhatsit
7th May 2008, 12:18
something away from customers would suit. even minimal contact would be good.
Hahaha yep -- I'm working in a restaurant while I go to varsity, and I can completely understand what you're getting at there.

Feckin' people :bash:

Daffyd
7th May 2008, 12:43
Good onya. All the best.

gijoe1313
7th May 2008, 12:50
Cheers for the stories you've related, sorry to hear they been hard earnt! Ah welps, as one door slams shut (and at least you're the one slamming it!) another will be forcefully pried open and you can go bounding through! :chase: Good luck adrift in the sea of life, with the flotsam and jetsam of society chasing good jobs without the contact of munters! :msn-wink:

sunhuntin
7th May 2008, 13:18
cheers. im gonna go apply at the library today if i get time. applied there in high school, but didnt get it. have another go... something with books or working in a store room would be ideal.

peasea
7th May 2008, 14:19
I hear there are some vacancies with the Killer Bees, good money, bugger all work etc.

yungatart
7th May 2008, 16:08
On ya, SH!!
Good luck with the job hunting, you'll be sweet, tho!

scumdog
7th May 2008, 17:37
I hear there are some vacancies with the Killer Bees, good money, bugger all work etc.

It's the brain-extraction and tattoos that might put her off - that and the expense of the blue/yellow or whatever bandanas...

Skyryder
7th May 2008, 17:55

Not to mention free board at our expense once you have proven the 'staunch' thing..

Skyryder

peasea
7th May 2008, 19:09
It's the brain-extraction and tattoos that might put her off - that and the expense of the blue/yellow or whatever bandanas...

or bananas.....

sunhuntin
8th May 2008, 08:58
already got the tats... if they get into branding, id be a bit worried.

cheers, YT!

Swoop
8th May 2008, 13:24
I hope you will be using your last few days wisely...

...winding up customers who deserve it!

Q: "Why is petrol so bloody expensive!!??"
A: "It is actually 15cents cheaper than advertised, but to arrogant coonts like you, you get to pay the displayed price".

That sort of thing!:blip:

sunhuntin
8th May 2008, 13:27
im advising my favourites to go to gull instead.
i will not be sad to leave some of the wankers behind.
local loony who carries a maori flag on a 3 meter long stick, as well as a boomerang, and refuses to walk on the footpath would be the main one.