PDA

View Full Version : Think I wanna Harley

banditrider
7th May 2008, 19:48
And I'm probably not the only one!

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/05/06/roehr-1250sc-180-hp-supercharged-v-twin/

AllanB
7th May 2008, 19:52
I borrowed it for the lazy people........

The Roehr 1250sc pre production prototype has been completed and plans are to begin production late this year. The bike is powered by a 180 hp supercharged Harley Davidson Revolution engine. This should be one extremely interesting motorcycle. I like the looks and I really like the blown Revolution engine. Final price has not been set.

Let’s see, a 180 hp supercharged American made V-Twin sportbike. Yep, I like it!

Press release:

06 May 2008, Gurnee, IL. USA. Roehr Motorcycles LLC is pleased to announce the completion of the pre-production Roehr 1250sc. The company is now working towards production commencing this Fall.

The 1250sc is powered by a specially developed 180hp, supercharged version of the Harley-Davidson* Revolution* engine, making the Roehr 1250sc the fastest and most powerful sport bike built in America.

European flair and American muscle are combined with the highest quality cycle components from world class companies such as Ohlins, Marchesini, Brembo, Akropovic and Pirelli. These components combined with the unique Roehr Bi-Metal composite beam frame contribute to the machines outstanding handling manners, offering quick precise steering response with confidence inspiring stability and rider feedback.

The Roehr 1250sc is proudly hand crafted in the USA and will be available in limited numbers. Final pricing to be announced when determined. Roehr Motorcycles is now accepting orders to reserve this exclusive machine as well as offering dealership opportunities.

nallac
7th May 2008, 19:54
shit we cant have that, a harley with power and BRAKES .

not to shabby either.

AllanB
7th May 2008, 19:54
What about this one!

banditrider
7th May 2008, 19:57
What about this one!

Still prefer this one:

AllanB
7th May 2008, 20:02
Still prefer this one:

Good call.

I'd have to say if I was supercharging a HD engine and popping it in a sport bike I'd be inclined to show the motor, supercharger and pipes - it would look mean!

yod
7th May 2008, 20:10
And I'm probably not the only one!

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/05/06/roehr-1250sc-180-hp-supercharged-v-twin/
where are the panniers?

Still prefer this one:
born and bred in Sydenham, Christchurch;)

banditrider
7th May 2008, 20:15
Good call.

I'd have to say if I was supercharging a HonDa engine and popping it in a sport bike I'd be inclined to show the motor, supercharger and pipes - it would look mean!

Like this one: http://www.lazareth.org/pdf-2006/dokujya.pdf

madbikeboy
7th May 2008, 20:15
Single sided swingarm, tail that looks sorta kinda like a Ducati 1098 or a MV...

Supercharged. I love blowers. :)

banditrider
7th May 2008, 20:17
where are the panniers?

Dontcha mean saddlebags? No tassles either.

born and bred in Sydenham, Christchurch;)

Yeah baby!

yod
7th May 2008, 20:25
Yeah baby!

his house in Riccarton was amazing too...

banditrider
7th May 2008, 20:27
his house in Riccarton was amazing too...

Yep, got the video, book, T-shirt, badge, keyring but unfortunately will never have the bike....

Subike
7th May 2008, 20:32
Buel riders beware
competition
is this not how the buel started out?
Im sure even a non supercharged unit would be a choice bike.
Now all I need is a mortage!

yod
7th May 2008, 20:42
Yep, got the video, book, T-shirt, badge, keyring but unfortunately will never have the bike....

i think there were noises about a production model, not necessarily a thou tho?
this was waaay back....woulda been nice tho

inlinefour
7th May 2008, 20:47
I love blowers. :)

You know her to? :devil2:

That bike looks like a cross between a Ducati &MV, possibly with a dash of Aprillia for looks. Typical yanks, cant do it themselves so just rip a copy from the opposition and pass it off as their own. :Pokey:

scracha
7th May 2008, 20:48
Hand produced.
Exclusive.
Makes about the same power as a Jap bike that costs a fraction of the price.
Is it Harley Davidson making them or Lord Hesketh?

Timber020
7th May 2008, 22:04
Its 1250cc and requires a supercharger to make 180hp.

Fastest and most powerful sportbike in America, wow. Its like having the smallest chest at a dolly parton lookalike contest.

Good looking though.

Big Dave
7th May 2008, 22:20
Buel riders beware
competition

Check how much it weighs.
No mass centralisation - no trilogy of tech.

TOTO
7th May 2008, 22:59
Nice Harley. That one and the Night rod I wouldn't be ashamed to sit on. I bet it will be pricey tho.

yod
7th May 2008, 23:24
Its 1250cc and requires a supercharger to make 180hp.

Fastest and most powerful sportbike in America, wow. Its like having the smallest chest at a dolly parton lookalike contest.

:killingme

HornetBoy
8th May 2008, 08:22
BAH! who wants a 1250cc 180hp superbike , when you can have a nearly 60HP 1200cc sportster :2guns: alot more fun to make a slow bike go fast than a fast bike....too much techno wizardry for this young fella :blink:

edit: or maybe not ...supercharger.... :drool:

vifferman
8th May 2008, 10:52
Yeah, it's a kewl bike, but it's also US$39k.
Apparently, according to the guys on VFRDiscussion, who were hassling the member who put his $4500 deposit down.
He could get the same features (kewl looks, 180hp, SSSA, etc., for the cost of a VFR800 (mebbe US$5k) and Torocharger kit (~US$5500).

imdying
8th May 2008, 11:23
Apparently, according to the guys on VFRDiscussion, who were hassling the member who put his $4500 deposit down.
He could get the same features (kewl looks, 180hp, SSSA, etc., for the cost of a VFR800 (mebbe US$5k) and Torocharger kit (~US$5500).Yes, I do like his setup, I might give that a crack myself... seems pretty easy... some brackets, some bigger injectors, an inlet manifold, a little piping and some electrical work. I tried to get in contact with CaliSuperbikes whilst I was in LA, but never heard from the guy and couldn't reach him on his mobile, it'll be more fun doing it myself anyway I guess.

As far as the haters go... they're just two different groups that don't (can't? won't?) see eye to eye. Some people like to spend a heap of dollars and just ride, others like to build something themselves. Neither way is better, just different. Bit of a shame that they can't see each others persepective, but oh well. In defence of this bike though, a VFR with a supercharger isn't really the same thing as a hand built bike with all the fruit thrown at it. To get close to a similar spec would not be a $10k job, you'd double that on wheels and suspension alone (assuming you cheaped out a teeny tiny bit).

scumdog
8th May 2008, 17:18
He could get the same features (kewl looks, 180hp, SSSA, etc., for the cost of a VFR800 (mebbe US$5k) and Torocharger kit (~US$5500).

But it's like hot-rod engines, which has more cool (but less power)

An injected blown 350 Chev
or
A carburetted and blown sidevalve V8??

madbikeboy
8th May 2008, 21:26
You know her to? :devil2:

That bike looks like a cross between a Ducati &MV, possibly with a dash of Aprillia for looks. Typical yanks, cant do it themselves so just rip a copy from the opposition and pass it off as their own. :Pokey:

Yeah, that's my thinking too. It's like they took all the design elements of the bikes they liked and threw it all together...

inlinefour
8th May 2008, 22:37

or
A carburetted and blown sidevalve V8??

Thats like saying its better to have a small wanger scumdog or is that the type of person that needs the extra cool? :shit:

FruitLooPs
9th May 2008, 10:21
i think there were noises about a production model, not necessarily a thou tho?
this was waaay back....woulda been nice tho

Yeah was at the Britten store the other day lady there told me they wanted to make a production version but nobody partnered with them for it. :wacko: Would've sold like hotcakes if they did I reckon. Love one!

imdying
9th May 2008, 10:25

or
A carburetted and blown sidevalve V8??You're missing the point. Neither of those is 'cool' to everybody, some people like one, some like the other, and some think that they're both lame antique pieces of crap. And none of those opinions is invalid. They're just different.

imdying
9th May 2008, 10:26
Yeah was at the Britten store the other day lady there told me they wanted to make a production version but nobody partnered with them for it. :wacko: Would've sold like hotcakes if they did I reckon. Love one!According to the Hannah book it was because Tim Corrocan was a fuck wit, and the people left running the show (including the family) were less interested in bikes and more interested in looking after the money.

YellowDog
9th May 2008, 10:32
Harley Davidson make good quality bikes. The Tractor days are well behind them and (looking around AMPS) they have an excellent range.

Wouldn't buy an old one though!

scumdog
10th May 2008, 10:13
Thats like saying its better to have a small wanger scumdog or is that the type of person that needs the extra cool? :shit:

Nah, more one is 'unordinary' and the other grunty yet has more 'yawn' factor, funny how the 'old-skool' donk gets more of a crowd of those in the know around it whereas the modern engine with all the bling gets a smaller crowd that is compsed more of casual spectators around it.

Differn't strokes fer differen't folks I guess.

inlinefour
10th May 2008, 11:22
Nah, more one is 'unordinary' and the other grunty yet has more 'yawn' factor, funny how the 'old-skool' donk gets more of a crowd of those in the know around it whereas the modern engine with all the bling gets a smaller crowd that is compsed more of casual spectators around it.

Differn't strokes fer differen't folks I guess.

Agreed about the bling factor as if it does not make it faster I see no point in it. I like looking at anything thats built for the need to speed. I doubt that its different strokes but most likely different eras grown in more. I had more old skool jappas in my garage but still had the cbr600rr when the need arose.