PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering... Cold bike starts?

Emb
8th May 2008, 13:48
Hey guys,

every in a while i get on the bike in the morn, the electric start doesnt work and it just goes... rrrev rrrevv... rrreevv.... reevvv......rrrev... ...... rrev...

after a roll start down the hill its fine and for the rest of the day its just normal.

i assumed that it was just cuz the engine was cold due to the freezing weather lately, cud anything else be causing this?

prolly a really stupid question lol

Cheers

Str8 Jacket
8th May 2008, 13:50
You and Mikkel should get together and make babies :
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=73217

Squiggles
8th May 2008, 14:01
"rrrev rrrevv... rrreevv.... reevvv......rrrev... ...... rrev..."

is that supposed to be the starter whirring?

tried using the choke?

Chrislost
8th May 2008, 14:08
cold weather and 3/4 fucked batteries are not friends.
if it is starting fine the rest of the day then perhaps your battery is loosing charge over night?

or what he said ^^^

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 20:05
flat battery

likely rooted

you've got a kickstart - learn to use it :P

Squiggles
8th May 2008, 20:07
flat battery

likely rooted

That'd be a "click" "click" "click" noise if it was really had it

motorbyclist
8th May 2008, 22:10
what?

not enough current from battery to turn the starter over - old munted battery compounded by low temperatures

making sure the bike is in neutral will help

why would it go click click click? it's still got enough juice to do a few slow revs

HungusMaximist
9th May 2008, 07:33
It's all pretty much down to how much juice is left in the battery.

Some battery may have enough life for nearly 1 start, so it would just about turn over then go click click click or the starter would attempt to start but grow deader with each push of starter button, and nothing would happen, then you notice your headlight/dash light has grew dim.

JimO
9th May 2008, 07:41
Hey guys,

every in a while i get on the bike in the morn, the electric start doesnt work and it just goes... rrrev rrrevv... rrreevv.... reevvv......rrrev... ...... rrev...

after a roll start down the hill its fine and for the rest of the day its just normal.

i assumed that it was just cuz the engine was cold due to the freezing weather lately, cud anything else be causing this?

prolly a really stupid question lol

Cheers

freezing weather.............htfu

klyong82
9th May 2008, 10:52
I think the FXR does make a cbrrrrr rrrrr rrrrrr rrrrrrr rrrrrr rrrr sound when starting up does definitely does sound the battery is just about had it and in damp weather like this makes it even harder. Try charging the battery first...or if you wanna cure your curiosity just replace the battery....if you got a multimeter would be helpful in checking if the battery is dead or not.

Just dont let it reach the click click click stage could just mean more pain

hellnback
9th May 2008, 11:13
freezing weather.............htfu

+1! Hahahaha....