PDA

View Full Version : Calling all master cylinders

Sketchy_Racer
8th May 2008, 16:54
My DR200 fell off the the stand today, and instead of snapping the lever it's cracked the whole master cylinder assembly. So that one's stuffed!

I need another. it doesn't have to be for a DR just any master cylinder for a single disk bike! pref cheap, Im not made of money!

Thanks in advance,

-Glen

Sully60
8th May 2008, 17:01
Diameter please?

I'm going to assume 11mm as this is the most common size for this type of machine.

I shall look in the garage right now.

quallman1234
8th May 2008, 17:08
Got him sorted.

k14
8th May 2008, 17:13
Just use the one of ya rs :2thumbsup or give the broken one to Ivan to fix...

Sketchy_Racer
8th May 2008, 17:14
haha funny you should say this. Upon inspection, the reason it cracked was beacuse it has been welded before! insane!

Ivan
8th May 2008, 18:20
:angry:
haha funny you should say this. Upon inspection, the reason it cracked was beacuse it has been welded before! insane!

Not from me tho!!!

nudemetalz
8th May 2008, 22:49
It didn't look like you even used your front brake last time I saw you racing the poor wee DR (the severely rear lock-up counter-steering tyre-smoking insane cornering technique :devil2: )

Grub
8th May 2008, 23:21
You and that bike jinxed or something???

Last time it was the left blade.

Sully60
9th May 2008, 06:16
It didn't look like you even used your front brake last time I saw you racing the poor wee DR (the severely rear lock-up counter-steering tyre-smoking insane cornering technique :devil2: )

All that was necessary to get the thing stopped! The smoke and counter steering distracted you and you didn't see the front brake lever back at the bars at same time :shit:

The funniest thing was when he was pulling those wheelies you could hear the back brake squeal when he used it keep the from going over the back.

braaap, squeal, braaap, squeal, braaap, squeal, braaap, squeal.

Sketchy_Racer
9th May 2008, 09:55
hahaha yeah I found out why the front brakes were so bad. Half the composite material had come off the steel backing plate so when you squeezed the lever, the pad was just moving rather than applying pressure to the disk.. I might fix it for next round. we'll see how it goes.

As for the rear squeeking, hopefully it won't do that now.

Oh and the best news is, I have another rear tyre now. I decided the last one had to much grip to get a decent left to right slide going. So i got a million year old Kings Tyre for it. It's harder than a brick. Perfect!

quallman1234
9th May 2008, 10:03
hahaha yeah I found out why the front brakes were so bad. Half the composite material had come off the steel backing plate so when you squeezed the lever, the pad was just moving rather than applying pressure to the disk.. I might fix it for next round. we'll see how it goes.

As for the rear squeeking, hopefully it won't do that now.

Oh and the best news is, I have another rear tyre now. I decided the last one had to much grip to get a decent left to right slide going. So i got a million year old Kings Tyre for it. It's harder than a brick. Perfect!

King's Tyre Woop!, My RG used to have one of those on the front. They are real fun in the wet.