PDA

View Full Version : KB Phone Directory ?

Quasievil
22nd December 2004, 07:35
I often think shite I wanna ring someone for a ride or Im in another town and think shit it would be good to catch up with someone, or for whatever reason

Hence I was thinking it would be cool for those that are willing to put there phone numbers on a directory which Spank could set up?

I am going down the north Island on me bike and it would be great to be able to get hold of people on the trip.

What ya all reckon ??

MSTRS
22nd December 2004, 07:45
Seems like a good idea. Must have come up before & been rejected tho. Needs lots of debate.

vifferman
22nd December 2004, 08:05
Well, we did have the "Help" directory. That worked quite well, so I reckon it'd be a goer.

Cajun
22nd December 2004, 08:25
yup be a good plan, i mean the father in law is local head man of ulysses tauranga, that have a list of all members in a little hand book(on your registation form you say yes or no if you wanna be in hand book) means you can go to any town and see if anyone there from the club, drop them a line say hello or whatever.

Could be usefully if we had something like that.

Quasievil
22nd December 2004, 08:41
I reckon, I would like to think that if a fellow KBr was coming through town that he/she would drop me a line for a coffee or if they needed a help.

Its all about love people:love:

FROSTY
22nd December 2004, 08:45
Mate Ill be in --shit yea roll on the phone directory

Storm
22nd December 2004, 08:56
I'm a starter. Sign me up

SpankMe
22nd December 2004, 09:08
user notes are setup to be only viewable by senior members so you could use that if ya want.

James Deuce
22nd December 2004, 09:13
Aaargh NOOoooooOOOOo

There's some psychos on this here site.

It's bad enough you can get PMed.

I've ended up friends with that celticno6 fulla because of this site, and he's really creepy.

vifferman
22nd December 2004, 09:17
Aaargh NOOoooooOOOOo

I've ended up friends with that celticno6 fulla because of this site, and he's really creepy.Creepier than that naked dancing chicken/duck/thingo ? :eek:

Ms Piggy
22nd December 2004, 10:14
Creepier than that naked dancing chicken/duck/thingo ? :eek:
I much preferred the crzed drummer.

Yeah that's a good idea, cos I can't "help" anyone by offering accomodation or any mechanical thingamees but, I always have time for a coffee or a pint.

Paul in NZ
22nd December 2004, 10:19
Aaargh NOOoooooOOOOo

I've ended up friends with that celticno6 fulla because of this site, and he's really creepy.

Thats funny 'cos that just pretty close to what Celticn06 was telling me... 'cept it was not he that was creepy... Something about some looney stalker dude..

Anyway. Good idea.

IMOC have a sheet with stuff like garage / tools available, bed, trailer, etc etc. Good safety thing while touring...

Paul N

jrandom
22nd December 2004, 10:23
Good idea, I'd put my contact details up if they were only viewable by senior members, for sure.

mangell6
22nd December 2004, 10:34
Aaargh NOOoooooOOOOo

I know exactly what mean . . . . .

Quasievil
22nd December 2004, 10:36
where the fuck is user notes ?

James Deuce
22nd December 2004, 10:45
Go to User CP and look down the left menu bar. It's under miscellaneous

Yokai
22nd December 2004, 10:55
There's legal issues with security and privacy here. Be aware that there might be some problems with this (I mean, come on how much do we REALLY trust the Spankster? :lol: ).

If there was a way to prevent trawling / datamining software / unscrupulous f***heads then I'd be all for it.

Perhaps there's a place for a Spankme / Senior member to keep this stuff and issue it by request?

Quasievil
22nd December 2004, 11:00
fuck it , I can see its to hard,!! so here is my announcement

ALL THOSE THAT WANT THERE NUMBER ON QUASI'S PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK PLEASE PM ME IT SO IF IM IN TOWN I WILL COME AND RIDE OR COFFEE WITH YA

thats all I wanted really.
Bye

Cajun
22nd December 2004, 11:40
fuck it , I can see its to hard,!! so here is my announcement

ALL THOSE THAT WANT THERE NUMBER ON QUASI'S PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK PLEASE PM ME IT SO IF IM IN TOWN I WILL COME AND RIDE OR COFFEE WITH YA

thats all I wanted really.
Bye
You know my details mate, apart from wrong number numbnuts, its

and forward me that list

ajturbo
22nd December 2004, 12:29
cell numbers should be safe .....????????

any one that wants mine, just gota ask.....or just read it!

and if some stalker phs me...... :spudbooge :spudbooge

MSTRS
22nd December 2004, 13:46
user notes are setup to be only viewable by senior members so you could use that if ya want.
OK...just guessing here....do greys on the bonce qualify owner of said bonce as "senior". And if not, how many wrinkles are needed. :blink:

Jamezo
22nd December 2004, 14:16
OK...just guessing here....do greys on the bonce qualify owner of said bonce as "senior". And if not, how many wrinkles are needed. :blink:

63.5 wrinkles (scrotum not included), alternately 1 colostomy bag, or proof of your subscription to Tea Cosy Quarterly

JohnBoy
22nd December 2004, 14:24
The only idea i have around the security issue is just to submit a cell phone number. i personally think it would be a good idea, esp for rides and such like. :spudbooge

Posh Tourer :P
22nd December 2004, 14:46

In the "site stuff" forum there's a sticky containing all you need to know.

NC
22nd December 2004, 14:49
Psychos?

Fark I always miss the fun stuff :pinch:

Skunk
22nd December 2004, 18:25
Tell me how - I already have something in the user notes but I'm not a senior member (yet) :2thumbsup

onearmedbandit
22nd December 2004, 18:41
Be happy to meet anyone coming down through ChCh, count me in! (even though I've been a member here from waaaay back, I've only started posting here recently, so 25 odd posts to go til senior membership! And coming from me, they probably will be odd posts.)

6Chris6
23rd December 2004, 05:31
I often think shite I wanna ring someone for a ride or Im in another town and think shit it would be good to catch up with someone, or for whatever reason

Hence I was thinking it would be cool for those that are willing to put there phone numbers on a directory which Spank could set up?

I am going down the north Island on me bike and it would be great to be able to get hold of people on the trip.

What ya all reckon ??

Hey Brett

What ya doin after Taupo?
If your up for a bit of a tour I'm going to Napier via Gisbourne (sp) :blink:
Just bought "Great Escapes" (bike touring book) and the east cape gets 5 smiles! (best ride).
Got free accomadation in Napier for anyone who wants to come.

Quasievil
23rd December 2004, 05:37
Hey Brett

What ya doin after Taupo?
If your up for a bit of a tour I'm going to Napier via Gisbourne (sp) :blink:
Just bought "Great Escapes" (bike touring book) and the east cape gets 5 smiles! (best ride).
Got free accomadation in Napier for anyone who wants to come.
Heya fella, I was tending to Welly, but will think about going with you. I need to sought my shit out