PDA

View Full Version : Go Greens!

Marmoot
12th May 2008, 13:01
Sue Bradford at it again....I don't know what world she is living in, but it seems nice and cozy.

The Green Party has accused the Government of running a "cruel and deliberate" benefit system that forces desperate people to find work.

Discuss.

Mully
12th May 2008, 13:02
Where the fuck do they get off?? Expecting people with no jobs to find work.

What I love is that Bradford is saying higher petrol costs will affect beneficiaries...

THEY DON'T HAVE JOBS SUE - WHERE THE FUCK DO THEY NEED TO GO??

Str8 Jacket
12th May 2008, 13:07
The Green Party has accused the Government of running a "cruel and deliberate" benefit system that forces desperate people to find work.

So what she's trying to say is that Labour have finally got it right?! :confused:

C_A
12th May 2008, 13:08

What I love is that Bradford is saying higher petrol costs will affect beneficiaries...

exactly. why should they get more than the basic cost of living costs? why should their rates be raised toward a'decent wage earner' level? when they don;t EARN any of it. sure special cases for sickness blah blah blah but jesus, people on the dole: get a fucking job!!! there shouldn't be encouragement for people to make a career out of being lazy bastards.

sue bradford's retarded I'm sure. anti smacking bill etc. where will it end?

TimeOut
12th May 2008, 13:14

Bling heading your way:2thumbsup

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 13:17

Shopping for food and fags...so they will be affected unless they give up fags and save money...........

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 13:20
exactly. why should they get more than the basic cost of living costs? why should their rates be raised toward a'decent wage earner' level? when they don;t EARN any of it. sure special cases for sickness blah blah blah but jesus, people on the dole: get a fucking job!!! there shouldn't be encouragement for people to make a career out of being lazy bastards.

sue bradford's retarded I'm sure. anti smacking bill etc. where will it end?

To some extent I agree, however, not all people without jobs are lazy bastards...for some it is circumstances...people who have worked and paid taxes so they have earned the right to be looked after a bit better.

But I also agree that we should not make it easy for people to stay on benefits.:eek5:

Anti-smacking Law is needed for retards..........

Pwalo
12th May 2008, 13:38
It's election year (apparently), and the Greens are polling so low that any noise they can make raises their profile. Unfortunately.

TygerTung
12th May 2008, 15:06
Perhaps the next policy will be for the benefit to stimulate a real job as in, the longer you work there the more you get paid?

ElCoyote
12th May 2008, 15:15

To rape and pillage, just as they are doing currently. Surely you don't expect them to only steal cars with a full tank. :apint:

Flatcap
12th May 2008, 15:17
To some extent I agree, however, not all people without jobs are lazy bastards...for some it is circumstances...people who have worked and paid taxes so they have earned the right to be looked after a bit better.

Only if you are a true invalid. Paying your taxes is not the same as putting it in the bank to use later.

...if it is, I want mine back to buy some more toys....

Swoop
12th May 2008, 15:22
Disappointed by the thread title. I was expecting something on beans or broccoli...

Both of which are more intelligent than the green party.

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 15:34
Only if you are a true invalid. Paying your taxes is not the same as putting it in the bank to use later.

...if it is, I want mine back to buy some more toys....

So we pay taxes, some of which goes on benefits, etc...so that means that when we need to make use of benefit's we cannot benefit...??

Oakie
12th May 2008, 16:13

Trouble is that the retards this law is aimed at don't give a shit about the law!

Flatcap
12th May 2008, 16:40
So we pay taxes, some of which goes on benefits, etc...so that means that when we need to make use of benefit's we cannot benefit...??

For a short time, however you can't expect to extract all previous tax payments through a benefit.

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 16:44
Trouble is that the retards this law is aimed at don't give a shit about the law!

Generally people who break the law don't give a shit...but that doesn't mean we should not have Laws...

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 16:46
For a short time, however you can't expect to extract all previous tax payments through a benefit.

I am not saying that but we pay for services we don't use so I am not sure that is the way to look at it...

Flatcap
12th May 2008, 19:21
I am not saying that but we pay for services we don't use so I am not sure that is the way to look at it...

Good point - so since I don't use benefits, I should drink as much booze as possible so I can extract value out of the health system...

I like the way you think!

awayatc
12th May 2008, 19:32
Sue bradbox is what you get when there are not enough suitably qualified midwives available.......some quack obviously threw away the baby and the poor mother raised the afterbirth.....:spanking:

Coyote
12th May 2008, 19:43
Can't make this stuff up can ya?

Don't start thinking because of this comment that the benefit system is actually any good. It's still giving cultivators a very comfortable living.

paturoa
12th May 2008, 19:56
Has anyone got a link to the full quote?

On principal ....

.... there are some people out there who cannot get a job. I'm OK for them to have more than a subsistance (sp?) living.

.... there are some people out there who are living off what you and I earn - they can go get fucked, parasites.

.... there are some fucktards out there and SB qualifies.

brendonjw
12th May 2008, 20:02
I still reckon the benefit should be a voucher based system.
Food vouchers (that cannot be spent on Booze or Fags)
Petrol (not too much), Electricity, Phone, Water vouchers, NOT SKY VOUCHERS
And 5-10 bucks spending money.

See how long it takes for some of them to move off there asses and look for work then :Pokey:

Steam
12th May 2008, 20:09

See how long it takes for some of them to move off there asses and look for work then :Pokey:

They tried that a couple of decades ago, people just sold them. Might work if photo ID was needed to redeem them though, and everyone has photo ID these days.

Manxman
12th May 2008, 20:29
It's election year (apparently), and the Greens are polling so low that any noise they can make raises their profile. Unfortunately.

...but this is what I don't get, cos they're not polling below the threshold :argh:...in fact they're most likely to be third behind National and Labour. WTF.

Manxman
12th May 2008, 20:30
Has anyone got a link to the full quote?

On principal ....

.... there are some people out there who cannot get a job. I'm OK for them to have more than a subsistance (sp?) living.

.... there are some people out there who are living off what you and I earn - they can go get fucked, parasites.

.... there are some fucktards out there and SB qualifies.

Booyaa...very astute observations. Baliiiing.

Manxman
12th May 2008, 20:50
An article in the press today criticised the Government for not providing for the 'needy'. To which a minister (who shall remain nameless - 'cos I forgot her name) said 'rubbish, a recent study has praised the Working For Families scheme as the best redistribution of wealth in over 30years'.

Just about sums it up really.

ynot slow
12th May 2008, 20:50

But I also agree that we should not make it easy for people to stay on benefits.:eek5:

Bang on the nail.I was on sickness then invalids benefit for 8 months,bloody hard to get by.Would have been so much better to have been on acc,at least 80% of my wages.

Really pissed me off when I was having a pint to hear this wanker bragging how he was about to be made redundant,so got pissed and put his car into power pole,ended up with pretty bad injuries,but was being paid about $650 in acc payments,and I was getting about $355.

u4ea
12th May 2008, 21:13
Sue bradbox is what you get when there are not enough suitably qualified midwives available.......some quack obviously threw away the baby and the poor mother raised the afterbirth.....:spanking:

hahahaha thats the funniest thing I've read in a while..:clap:

That has be worth a try with the affor mentioned photo Id. Bet KFC sales on Bene days would slow down

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 22:43
Good point - so since I don't use benefits, I should drink as much booze as possible so I can extract value out of the health system...

I like the way you think!

Well I cannot disagree with what you say...I may not accept that as being reasonable but plenty of smokers take this view...we have ACC which is non fault compensation so why not...

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 22:45
hahahaha thats the funniest thing I've read in a while..:clap:

That has be worth a try with the affor mentioned photo Id. Bet KFC sales on Bene days would slow down

Pretty certain some benefits are paid in vouchers....have heard beneficeries going to Pak n Slave, handing in food voucher and then a $50 note...

scumdog
12th May 2008, 22:47
Sue Bradford at it again....I don't know what world she is living in, but it seems nice and cozy.
Discuss.

Sue "I'm a ferkin moron" Bradford is off her tiny little trolley!!:angry2:

Yet another waste of tax-payers money!!

scumdog
12th May 2008, 22:48
Shopping for food and fags...so they will be affected unless they give up fags and save money...........

And don't forget the housie and all the pokies they need to visit too..:argh:

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 22:49
Bang on the nail.I was on sickness then invalids benefit for 8 months,bloody hard to get by.Would have been so much better to have been on acc,at least 80% of my wages.

Really pissed me off when I was having a pint to hear this wanker bragging how he was about to be made redundant,so got pissed and put his car into power pole,ended up with pretty bad injuries,but was being paid about $650 in acc payments,and I was getting about $355.

Yep could not agree with you more...often wonder whether people on benefit are the worst offenders...his family could also get paid for being carers as family members get paid...unlike with disability...but don't get me onto that subject...well just a taste..if this guy was disabled due to his hug with the power pole ACC would buy a special vehicle for $120,000 whether he can drive it or not...I had to buy a 10 year old van because Nats cannot drive it...

scumdog
12th May 2008, 22:50

That sums up a lot of laws that are meant to 'protect' certain members of society.:crazy:

Grahameeboy
12th May 2008, 22:53
And don't forget the housie and all the pokies they need to visit too..:argh:
Well they have to afford that 7 bedroom house somehow eh?

scumdog
12th May 2008, 22:55

They have that sort of thing in the US.
A place to stay is provided (no need for accomodation benefit) and it ain't the Ritz neither.
Vouchers for food - not redeemable for piss.
No drivers licence allowed (Ya have to pay for insurance and the unemployment 'assistance' don't pay for THAT.)

Sounded pretty damn good to me.

Slicksta
12th May 2008, 23:12
Yeah and MTA vouchers can be xchanged for $ at most servos. I deal with these doll bludgers every monday night come in buy $80 bucks worth of smokes, then later in the week they ring up i dont have any gas to take my kids to school can you please lend me some i will pay you back ha no! Also used to see the credit history of some of these "people", owning 1000bucks to sky tv or telecom was not uncomman.

If companys could agree to this system im ALL for it.

Manxman
13th May 2008, 19:10
I've just come across this in another thread, but think it would be a good (and appropriate) use of Ms Bradford and her ilk...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvnKydOC04&feature=related

and I don't want to hear any complaints about the waste of perfectly good jet fuel...