PDA

View Full Version : Bears Round 1 report!

TygerTung
12th May 2008, 17:04
Was a good day. Spent all friday with my mate nigel trying to get a bit of spark out of my ever reliable CB250RS. Ended up with a new XR250 flywheel, stator and CDI box. finished that and it was a goldie.

Got to bed kinda late on saturday night as had been at a couple of family do's. Couldn't sleep as usual. got probably about 6 hours so quite a lot. up at 8.15, loaded up the wagon and trailer and out to the track!

Signed in, both bikes passed scruitineering no worries.

Went out for practice. Was not too bad on the CG, seemed to be pulling quite well. As usual had to guess when to change gear as no rev counter and as it's a proddy bike it's got a nice quiet factory exhaust so you can't hear it either. Practice on the CB250. Terrible! Had a kick starter on it which was making the short footrest too short. Plus my stylish leathers which were slightly too small when I got them are much too small now with being married and all that plus I reckon they have shrunk over time. As a result it was almost impossible to move around on the bike! Struggled around for the rest of the session then came back in.

Talked to my good friend nigel and swapped leathers with him for the day. Much less stylish, but much more comfortable!

Race 1: Buckets. It was really raining very hard just before the first race so the track was very wet. Me being a wet riding virgin I was taking it fairly easy. Went in for the big launch at the start of the race, but the bloody bike bogged bigtime, bummer eh? Managed to pass one CG125 no worries and some other bikes, it's all a bit of a blur. She's got a lot faster thats for sure. On the last curve the back was sliding around a bit, thought it must be the rear TT100GP being a pretty oldskool tyre, but afterwards shane came up to me and apolologised for hitting me! I didn't even notice.

Race 2: Pre'82 Was good fun. Was at pole position which was good. Did the usual shithouse CB250RS launch. Take off hard in first then after 2 metres it jumps out so you have to just put it in second, then watch everyone blast past you! Was ok, overtook a few people on the first corner, feels so much better with these nice roomy leathers. Was having a nice battle with big ducati's and brit bikes. Managed to beat glen on his LC350 JUST! He's improved. Track was pretty much dry which was excellent. Good race, good times.

Race 3: Buckets. Track was pretty much dry now so was going fairly hard. Finding CG a bit underpowered on this circuit, or perhaps all the bikes are just a bit faster now. Wasn't game enough to push it RIGHT to the limit with the cold track, slightly damp, tires fairly cold. Couldn't quite catch the newly fast Gwynder on her new gay-mans(or is that gay womans in this case?) bike. Was a bit of a bummer because I can usually smoke her no worries. Was a pretty good race, but I was pretty much on my own for most of it being ahead of the slower bunch, but just behind the faster bunch!

Race 4: Pre'82. I decided I wasn't going to much around this time with a bone dry track. Second row, another trademark shit house CB250RS start, and I'm into it. Overtook a few people as usual, front of bike shuddering fairly badly though quite a few corners, ignore that you softy!!!! About halfway though the race, about to overtake team fatguts racing factory rider around the outside on the infield right hander then all of a sudden I'm sliding down the track and I can see sparks everywhere!!! Jump up no worries, uninjured, and run over to the bike which is in the middle of the track, but has grass and dirt all over it? Must have been on a bit of adventure. Was undamaged apart from large dent in tank where clipon moved around and smashed into it, and a missing footpeg! Moved to inside track, watched a bit of racing, then started moving towards the pits again. Was fairly hard push, probably should have ridden it back but oh well never mind.

No more races, too cold for flag marshels, Had a beer and a bit of a yarn and thats that!