PDA

View Full Version : "Clear Alternatives" Warranty

Owl
12th May 2008, 18:40
I just thought I'd share some info for anyone thinking about a "Clear Alternatives" taillight. I'd had one on my S3 for about 6 months and it developed an intermittent problem, with half the light flicking on and off. I contacted the manufacturer directly, even though I bought the light elsewhere. I told them I didn’t want to send the old one back to the States and wait for a warranty replacement as it would render my bike useless. Their response was they’d send me one as soon as they had it in stock. It arrived today and I still have my old one.
Big thumbs up to “Clear Alternatives” for being good sports!:2thumbsup

98tls
12th May 2008, 18:44
:2thumbsup Nice to get a response like that.Had one awhile back on my TL but was never happy with the brightness of the indicators so sold it.

bully
12th May 2008, 19:34
yeah, thats good service, i thort about getting one, until i found out the indercators are to close together for a w.o.f. (on a r1 anyway)
and iv seen after market pipes melt them and they end up kinda yellow from the heat.

Kendog
12th May 2008, 19:48
I have had them on three bikes now with no problems.

Owl
12th May 2008, 20:05
I found out after I bought mine that they'd had an issue with quality control for a short period. I guess I got a bad one, though it is (was) very bright.

Aero165
12th May 2008, 21:20
I bought one for my R1 a few months back. It didn't work, I contacted the supplier and they sent me out a new one straight away. This one works and I'm very pleased with it. Also, I still have the old one :D