PDA

View Full Version : I've lost inches off my bottom!

Sully60
12th May 2008, 23:54
Well the Leadsled has.

Gone are the mismatched 3 and 4 inch rims and the rear contact patch that was all but gone at 15 degrees lean angle.

The front wheel conversion was less than simple as the first pic will illustrate.

I bet your saying to yourself why didn't you just find bearing with the right ID/OD to make this easy, turkey!

Mr Kawasaki didn't want me to put ZZR250 wheels into my ZXR250 so he choose bearings that don't have corresponding sizes, ironically there are bearings with larger ID and smaller OD but not in the combination I need.:doh:

So from left to right in pic 1 we start with the 20mm ZXR axle that is being replaced. In the middle is the new axle that uses the 15mm of the ZZR wheel bearings and on the right the stock ZZR axle.
As you can se the thread on the ZZR axle is quite small (14mm) so would be rather sloppy in the 20mm ZXR threaded fork. We got round the by making a male/female threaded insert (pic 4) to take the 14mm axle thread up to 20mm, this screws into the inside of the ZXR fork that remains unmodified (because you just never know).

The ZZR also uses a single disc setup on the right side of the bike, fortunatly the ZXR had a twin disc front end so the caliper mounts were ready to accept a modified bracket carrying a caliper from a Chinese 150cc scooter

The rear axles were the same size so simple spacers and a skim of the sprocket carrier were all that was needed to complete this end.

So now I have a 2.15 x 17 front rim and a 3.5 x 17 rear, ready for nice 125gp bike slicks, yeeahh!

There's probably much easier ways of losing 1.35 inches from your bottom but they don't give you that satisfying smell of cutting metal:yes:

Trudes
13th May 2008, 06:48
Cool C.!:2thumbsup Testing it on Sunday??

However, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, I thought I was about to read all about your arse and see pictures!;)

Number One
13th May 2008, 07:30
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK BABE!:hug: I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING OUT THE SKINNY WHEELS :yes:

I'm a little disappointed, I thought I was about to read all about your arse and see pictures!;)

Well I could oblige BUT I don't share :drool: ROLL ON SUNDAY!!!

YEAH! I looking forward to more races and hope the thing lasts the distance...I have a race win to try to make up and all :wari:

scracha
13th May 2008, 07:43
Sure is a nice arse end ;)

fi5hy
13th May 2008, 08:03
So your saying you have a 4.0x17 rear for sale??

nudemetalz
13th May 2008, 10:04
Now Mr Sully, if you lost some inches, surely your power to weight ratio would be better..... :bleh:

Number One
13th May 2008, 10:26
Now Mr Sully, if you lost some inches, surely your power to weight ratio would be better..... :bleh:

...come here and say that little man!

As for losing inches - Sully60 wasn't talkin bout his butt BUT I actually have lost inches off my bottom! :sunny:

Camplobactor and toothache are about as effective in weight loss as is breast feeding! These pants I am now wearing are rather baggy - have had to take a pin to them to hold them up! Bit of a surprise actually but I can't walk around mooning everyone at work - just wouldn't be cricket!

007XX
13th May 2008, 10:30
Well I could oblige BUT I don't share :drool:

Of course you do hun...you're just playing coy, aren't you? ;)

Make sure to post more piccies of your arse end on that above beastie please :love:

It looks awesome Sully. I can't wait for you and 007XY to meet...you'll be nattering on about bike mods in no time :clap:

nudemetalz
13th May 2008, 13:24
...come here and say that little man!

As for losing inches - Sully60 wasn't talkin bout his butt BUT I actually have lost inches off my bottom! :sunny:

I say this from the safety of my PC,..oops Newlands ain't that far from Grenada.. :chase: :spanking:

and I'm sure your butt is sexier than ever, Number One... :innocent:

When I'm riding in the same class as you, I will see it often on the Lead-Sled, won't I... ;)

Okay,..I'm outa here before anything else I say incriminates me.

Sully60
13th May 2008, 19:09
Cool C.!:2thumbsup Testing it on Sunday??

Thanks T, hopefully more than just testing.

However, I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, I thought I was about to read all about your arse and see pictures!;)

Ha, You fell into my honey trap too! One day Mrs Kendog, one day.

Sure is a nice arse end ;)

Thanks, not as nice as the other arse I own though eh Scracha?

Now Mr Sully, if you lost some inches, surely your power to weight ratio would be better.....

To be honest the power is more of the problem at the moment and no one is complaining about my "inches" all 4 of them,

across:innocent:

So your saying you have a 4.0x17 rear for sale??

Sorry dude you obviously haven't seen this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1508697&postcount=1).

Those rims already have a home, besides you don't need to go any faster ya fricken rocketship!

It looks awesome Sully. I can't wait for you and 007XY to meet...you'll be nattering on about bike mods in no time
Whilst you and Number One compare recipes and solutions for the modern homemaker :bleh:
Can't wait to meet him too, he's obviously a man of fine taste.

Number One
13th May 2008, 19:18
Whilst you and Number One compare recipes and solutions for the modern homemaker :bleh:

Yeah right! hee hee - we got way better stuff to compare :yes:

007XX
14th May 2008, 08:58

But of course...however, it will unlikely have anything to do with "traditional" ways of dealing with you fellas :devil2:

Can't wait to meet him too, he's obviously a man of fine taste.

That makes two of you then...:hug:

Yeah right! hee hee - we got way better stuff to compare :yes:

Ya got that right, Sister! :hug: :2thumbsup

koba
14th May 2008, 15:34
That is very cool!
It will be interesting to see how feels for ya on sunday...