PDA

View Full Version : HTFU or what?

mowgli
13th May 2008, 12:52
Recovering from the snip. The lads are still feeling a beaten up. Need to head into Palmerston North to reunite my bro with his wallet that fell out of his pocket while driving me round. Should I take the cage or HTFU and take the bike?

Str8 Jacket
13th May 2008, 12:53
Will hardening the f*ck up be as painful as riding?

YellowDog
13th May 2008, 12:55
Let the jewels recover as quick as possible so that you can enjoy the reward your missus is going to give you.

CourierPost is the answer!

Boob Johnson
13th May 2008, 13:00
While HTFU sounds all good n non metro n all that, only you can answer that one. I wont be feeling the pain you will be if you ride too soon.

riffer
13th May 2008, 13:03
Depends on how bad the problem is.

But - when I had mine done I had a lot of swelling and bleeding post-op. It didn't help that they'd yanked too hard on one of the vas and ripped my stomach wall in the process.

And - I didn't take it easy, and it took a good six weeks to recover properly.

With the benefit of personal experience and hindsight, I'd take the car.

mowgli
13th May 2008, 13:05
Will hardening the f*ck up be as painful as riding?
Maybe. Maybe not. Seated it feels fine but the vibration could be an issue. Perhaps a trip around the block first :)

V smart Dog but I haven't ridden in nearly a week.

007XX
13th May 2008, 13:08
You got nothing to prove right? It's only one ride...take the car and make sure you get back to being operational ASAP for the monkey dance :msn-wink: (priorities, I say!)

gijoe1313
13th May 2008, 13:18
Ooh the unkindest cut of all! If they ain't feeling ginger, just do the right thing and go for a ride... :msn-wink: But after reading one of the posts above :eek5: do the right thing and take the cage :sick:

mowgli
13th May 2008, 13:24
With the benefit of personal experience and hindsight, I'd take the car.

...take the car and make sure you get back to being operational ASAP for the monkey dance :msn-wink: (priorities, I say!)
Okay, so the cage is edging ahead as the most sensible option. Question is, am I? The answer is a boring yes! Looks like the cage will get a run this arvo. Might still go for a quick blat this evening though :2thumbsup

007XX
13th May 2008, 13:29
Okay, so the cage is edging ahead as the most sensible option. Question is, am I? The answer is a boring yes! Looks like the cage will get a run this arvo. Might still go for a quick blat this evening though :2thumbsup

Look at it this way: are your hacky sacks worth gambling against? Me thinks not...:rolleyes:

Just like with any healing process, it is often how seriously you take it for a short amount of time which amounts to the best results in the long run.

vifferman
13th May 2008, 13:38
But - when I had mine done I had a lot of swelling and bleeding post-op. It didn't help that they'd yanked too hard on one of the vas and ripped my stomach wall in the process.
Ouchie!
Reminds me of when I was doing veterinary surgery for MAF. We were vasectomising rams, and one of the scientists was a bit short sighted. He was tugging on what he thought was the vas ("Why is this thing so tough?"!?) until one of the technicians said, "Hey Rob - his pizzle keeps disappearing!" Yup, he was tugging on the wrong tube. :crazy:

Krayy
13th May 2008, 13:39
Advice from someone who did it....DON'T RIDE FOR AT LEAST A WEEK AFTER THE OP!!!!!

Even if they feel okay, there can still be some internal healing going oin that needs rest and relaxation.

P.S. Another bit of advice - DON'T RIDE WHEN YOU HAVE A PROLAPSED HAEMORROID....OWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

sugilite
13th May 2008, 13:47
Day after mine I drove from dvirke to northland with no probs. My op went quite smooth though. I like the courier post option though if you have any concerns.

vifferman
13th May 2008, 13:55
This thread has put me off getting the snip. :sick:

Str8 Jacket
13th May 2008, 13:59
This thread has put me off getting the snip. :sick:

Same......

Number One
13th May 2008, 14:51
Since I don't have balls - I can't identify with what you say sir HOWEVER in the interests of good and proper healing I'd say take the cage for sure!

As for being put off getting the snip - not at all...I still think it's a great idea and short term pain for the long term gain :blip:

Maha
13th May 2008, 15:15
Put them in a sling.....you'll be right!

Skunk
13th May 2008, 15:32
Did you use the frozen pegs or tight undies approach? For me it was tight undies and Surf casting the next day. Rode the day after. No worries, no pain.

mowgli
13th May 2008, 16:25
Well I softed out and took the cage. Took the wife as well and shouted her to coffee and cake. My bro was grateful to get his wallet back. Something about bare cupboards and hunger ... geez, I don't know.

avgas
13th May 2008, 16:33
I still cringe.
Whenever someone mentions damaged balls i instantly get an image of my dented tank........ and feel sick again.
Kinda funny as i broke my leg pretty badly at the time, but i tried to walk on that. But soon as i felt my balls i just wanted to go into a coma.

Str8 Jacket
13th May 2008, 16:33
Well I softed out and took the cage. Took the wife as well and shouted her to coffee and cake. My bro was grateful to get his wallet back. Something about bare cupboards and hunger ... geez, I don't know.

So you used to brothers wallet to buy your wife coffee and cake?! hehe

mowgli
13th May 2008, 16:39
So you used to brothers wallet to buy your wife coffee and cake?! hehe
Ssssshhhhhh :whistle:

jim.cox
13th May 2008, 16:46
Look at it this way: are your hacky sacks worth gambling against? Me thinks not...:rolleyes:

Effectively he's just cut off his nuts - so what's the problem?

Manxman
13th May 2008, 16:49
h..t..f..u..

;)

007XX
13th May 2008, 16:56
Effectively he's just cut off his nuts - so what's the problem?

He may have disowned them, but they're still hanging on!

*sigh* don't you just love family? Real jewels they are...

*badoom tish...*

Oakie
13th May 2008, 18:03
Been there, done that, asked the same question. Refer here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=12900 Actually it's worth a read. There's some really funny stuff in there.

Oh, and by the way ... don't ride. You'd hate to pop something as you throw a leg over the seat. Give it a couple of days.

martybabe
13th May 2008, 19:54
I had the snip, left hospital ,jumped on a hard tail chopper and rode from Canada to Mexico in one day with a cactus in me pants.

oooh no thats total bollocks ,sorry ,crap,I just wanted to look hard. You rest them li'll babies mate.Thats major surgery right there,thats like a double dose of man flu,women don't understand,you'll need a good six months off work I recon.:yes:

Anyone else crossing their legs reading this thread?

Heal quick dude. :yes:

CookMySock
13th May 2008, 21:01
And - I didn't take it easy, and it took a good six weeks to recover properly. With the benefit of personal experience and hindsight, I'd take the car.I agree. Mine took years to come right. You won't like it. Stay home. Sorry.

Even now if I catch one on the wrong angle itsa bit owchy. The freedom is GREAT though. EXCELLENT actually. Its just plain fucking entertainment after that. Never give it another thought - just go for it anytime, anywhere.

This thread has put me off getting the snip. :sick:no, do it. Its great.

DB

Clivoris
13th May 2008, 21:14
Wise move taking the cage. I had an excellent recovery from mine and followed all the post op recomendations. I felt so good after 2 days I figured it would be ok to take the v-twin for a blat, even though the doc said no motorcycle for x number of days. Big mistake. Ended up feeling worse than immediately after the op. Bloody know it all doctors.

homer
13th May 2008, 21:35
Let the jewels recover as quick as possible so that you can enjoy the reward your missus is going to give you.

oh fuck youd wish wouldnt you ,
rofl

McJim
13th May 2008, 21:36
Shoulda just stood on the pegs mate. :rofl:otherwise it's as good as this->:kick: