PDA

View Full Version : Battery problem

$CENSLS1$
14th May 2008, 12:47
Hi guys,
I think I may have a problem with both of my Bucket Batteries.
I have tried the charger that came with the bike, the 'trickle' charger I got with the new battery I brought and a higher quality Projecta brand trickle charger also.I check the voltage of the battery with a multimeter, it shows 12.7ish volts.I hook it upto the bike and flick the switch on and the voltage immediatly drops to 8ish volts.Surely this is showing the battery has only been 'surface' charged right?As soon as I flick the switch on the bike off the voltage of the battery drops right down the 10ish volts.

Any help or a lend of a battery for this weekend would be awsome if you have one spare.

Thanks
Gaz

FROSTY
14th May 2008, 12:54
Dude spend ya money and buy one--best bet is a sealed 10ah for a bucket

F5 Dave
14th May 2008, 12:58
You don't mention what bike it is so I've assumed some points equipped dirty 4 stroke thing.

Try put the ammeter on 20A plug & position & conect the battery via that. If it is drawing amps then you have a short somewhere. Otherwise yes it is dead batteries, not uncommon.

Hate total loss systems, always cause problems. If you must buy a decent new battery, or two if you don't want to have one spoil your day. Anything less will waste your time & money.

Borrow one? hahaha. you won't get anything decent. Find a bike or battery shop.

quallman1234
14th May 2008, 17:28
35$ for a little 3ah battery from supa cheap. Glen put one in his RG150, could be ok.

$CENSLS1$
15th May 2008, 20:20
All sorted hopefully, brought two 7aH Century batteries today for $58 so pretty pleased with that :niceone: