PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Anstey going hard

Shaun
14th May 2008, 13:35
John McGuinness topped the leader board in tonights first practice for Saturdays North West 200.
He lapped at 121.61mph, with Anstey second fastest and Guy Martin third.

Anstey was quickest in the Superstock class with Alaistair Seeley second and Cameron Donald third.

Keith Amor topped the Supersport 600 class with McGuinness and Farquhar hot on his heels, while McGuinness was quickest in the 250 class with Michael Dunlop and Paul Robinson filling in 2nd and 3rd.
Michael Wilcox was fastest in the 125 class...

http://www.northwest200.org/NW200-Motorcycle-race-news.aspx

Ivan
14th May 2008, 15:24
Good to see a kiwi up there doing well

Crasherfromwayback
14th May 2008, 15:28
Yeah go Bruce. He's certainly one of the hardest chargers I've ever raced against.

Edbear
14th May 2008, 15:36
Thanks for the update, Shuan! We don't hear enough about Bruce!

Here's an idea! How about you offer to give the media an insider's view and reports on how well the Kiwi's are doing in the m/c racing scene?

Think they'd be interested?

Crasherfromwayback
14th May 2008, 15:41
Here's an idea! How about you offer to give the media an insider's view and reports on how well the Kiwi's are doing in the m/c racing scene?

Good idea mate. And who better to do it than that man!!

Shaun
14th May 2008, 15:52
Thanks for the update, Shuan! We don't hear enough about Bruce!

Great idea, but I cannot be bothered sorry mate. I have lost a huge amount of drive towards racing lately, just new a few on here, would be proud of him!

Edbear
14th May 2008, 16:04
Great idea, but I cannot be bothered sorry mate. I have lost a huge amount of drive towards racing lately, just new a few on here, would be proud of him!

Understand mate! Yeah, there's not enough coverage. Not sure why Bruce is ignored so much, we see quite a bit about Miss Prumm and Coppins and Townley, we hear about Scott Dixon and the F3 guys, about Johnny Reid, but those Kiwi's racing motorcycles in Europe get less coverage than MotoGp and Superbikes.

007XX
14th May 2008, 16:14
Understand mate! Yeah, there's not enough coverage. Not sure why Bruce is ignored so much, we see quite a bit about Miss Prumm and Coppins and Townley, we hear about Scott Dixon and the F3 guys, about Johnny Reid, but those Kiwi's racing motorcycles in Europe get less coverage than MotoGp and Superbikes.

How about mentioning it to Maha Man in relation to his idea a while ago for a Kiwi bike TV program?

flame
14th May 2008, 17:42
Good on him. Bruce is a legend. I wonder if he knows how many of us think of him as our hero. Tis just a shame the NZ media don't give him more limelight, instead they drool over silly men chasing balls. He takes my vote as NZ sportsman of the year thats for sure.

slowpoke
14th May 2008, 20:39
Thanks Shaun...the REAL road racers are the hard cunts who most closely approximate the road riding that 99% of us hold dear, except they push it to a degree that 99% of us can't even imagine. Would that I could...thank god that I can't.....

bistard
15th May 2008, 07:50

Yes,thanks for the news Shaun

Goblin
15th May 2008, 08:04
... just new a few on here, would be proud of him!
Hell yeah!
GO BRUCE!!! :headbang:

Pwalo
15th May 2008, 12:03
I've got all the IOM TT, Road Racing, and NW200 DVDs from 2004 onwards. Mr Anstey has done pretty well. The Irish road racing guys are bonkers.

JJ58
16th May 2008, 01:25
Awesome!! I remember watch Bruce on his 250 in F2 when I was a kid, he's really impressive to watch..... I'll be looking forward to seeing the race results.