PDA

View Full Version : Spare seat/space available to BOB from Wgtn

F5 Dave
14th May 2008, 14:26
OK other chap has pulled out so I have a spare space in the van if you want to come to the BOB in Chch & don't mind chipping in a bit for travel. Can prolly arrange free accom if I ask nicely.

dangerous
14th May 2008, 19:49
good luck with filling the seat dave

F5 Dave
21st May 2008, 14:33
Bump.

C'mon guys someone must want to make the trip. Rua B is a great bucket track.

$39 each way on ferry & a bit for gas. Barrgein.

Trudes
21st May 2008, 14:46
I'll sponsor someone and their bucket $20 to go. (That is someone who wasn't going to go because they thought they couldn't afford it)

quallman1234
21st May 2008, 14:54
Too good a deal too miss, i don't have a reliable bucket however! (damnit!) Any one wanna lend me a bucket? :devil2:. :jerry:

Skunk
21st May 2008, 14:57
Cheap. Dirt cheap. Sully, Slingshot, anyone!
Good stuff Mrs KD - If I had money I'd help too.

Quallman - yours doesn't sound too far from running is it?

Nasty
21st May 2008, 15:01
I'll sponsor someone and their bucket $20 to go. (That is someone who wasn't going to go because they thought they couldn't afford it)

I will add $20 to that as well. PM Mrs K and I will give her the dosh if someone takes up the offer!

Joni
21st May 2008, 15:05
Yup and another $20.00 from me... so someone can basically take their bucket and have almost all expenses paid now, if you take Daves offer and the $60.00 already offered into account.

Come on... Ruapuna is lovely... it will be a HUGE field and a great experience.

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth!

edit: Best would be for me to give you the $20.00 when you get here...

nudemetalz
21st May 2008, 15:14
I'll sponsor $20 too. :niceone:

Joni
21st May 2008, 15:15
Hehe, this is cool... if someone plays their cards right they can come out in credit after the event! :whistle:

Number One
21st May 2008, 15:16
I'd love to be able to send Sully.

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 15:17
I'd love to be able to send Sully.

Well maybe you can?! It'd be an awesome opportunity.....

Colapop
21st May 2008, 15:25
I don't have a bucket but I'd love to go to Chch!! I reckon I'd have a place to stay already...

Joni
21st May 2008, 15:26
I don't have a bucket but I'd love to go to Chch!! I reckon I'd have a place to stay already...From my side... no bucket no deal. :bleh:

I want to support a racer who would maybe not have made it without our help!

Number One
21st May 2008, 15:27
hmmm...I know he would love it and I feel he really deserves a bit of a blowout it just leftover expenses still money we don't have...we gotta be really good especially with our trip up north end June for Ryan.

I need to do summs but I am interested in checking out if we can make this happen...I think he'd just glow ...gee that sounds ghey doesn't it...

Number One
21st May 2008, 15:32
How much is the license and entry again.....

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 15:35
How much is the license and entry again.....

Day licence is $25 (with club membership) + $45 entry fee. It aint cheap. I just gave Vic Club $35 for a membership too, ouch!

Number One
21st May 2008, 15:37
Entry for both days or $45 for each day?

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 15:38
Entry for both days or $45 for each day?

Umm, I am only entering one day and its $45 jsut for that... or $40 pre entry pay by end of May. So probably $80-$90 for 2 days....

Colapop
21st May 2008, 15:40
From my side... no bucket no deal. :bleh:

I want to support a racer who would maybe not have made it without our help!
Awww man!! I'm a bucket racer... (See the attached pic) I can run reeeaaallly fast!

I'd love to go but I'll only fill the seat IF there's no-one else and the travel times are right...

F5 Dave
21st May 2008, 15:49
What a cool bunch of guys. Here I am worried about the cost after our trip to Auckers + always risky in case I bang myself up & need help to drive back &/or share driving anyway after hard day racing. The other guy pulled out & here people are offering sponsorship to fill the space.:clap:

I've absorbed the van ferry costs but would want some help with gas. Accom will be free (still have to check with Tony but I'm sure he'll be cool as had hinted there would be another).

This is what I've paid for, so applicant would need to sort themselves for the ferry (should still be special $39ea way)

Would need to take a friday off (& monday morning if you are soft)

Wellington › Picton Fri 6th Jun 9.00am 12.10pm Kaitaki 8.00am 1 Adult, Van $129.00

Picton › Wellington Sun 8th Jun 11.05pm 2.15am Kaitaki 10.05pm 1 Adult, Van $129.00 Strait Escape

quallman1234
21st May 2008, 15:57
Tempted!, but im not sure how far my bucket is away from being suitable. Probably wouldn't pass scurnitneering actually.
Ive ordered my tank and it should be here tommorow. Need to weld up the frame etc.
Need to make mounts for chamber.
Need to fix the backfiring issue.
Need a back brake. (Can steal stuff of my RG however! so i have that easily sorted).

Meh probabaly don't have enough money anyway.

Ill add 20$ in for whoever goes (if i dont).

Any one got a bucket i can borrow *Shameless bump*

nudemetalz
21st May 2008, 15:58
If someone is short of a bike, I might be able to work night and day and get Lady P back "re-muffled again" to offer.
I have a bigger front sprocket and smaller rear sprocket for the faster tracks.

Number One
21st May 2008, 16:03
What a cool bunch of guys. Here I am worried about the cost after our trip to Auckers + always risky in case I bang myself up & need help to drive back &/or share driving anyway after hard day racing. The other guy pulled out & here people are offering sponsorship to fill the space.:clap:

I've absorbed the van ferry costs but would want some help with gas. Accom will be free (still have to check with Tony but I'm sure he'll be cool as had hinted there would be another).

This is what I've paid for, so applicant would need to sort themselves for the ferry (should still be special $39ea way)

Would need to take a friday off (& monday morning if you are soft)

Wellington › Picton Fri 6th Jun 9.00am 12.10pm Kaitaki 8.00am 1 Adult, Van $129.00

Picton › Wellington Sun 8th Jun 11.05pm 2.15am Kaitaki 10.05pm 1 Adult, Van $129.00 Strait Escape
Ok so it would be Ferry tickets, fuel, food/booze and entry fees....

quallman1234
21st May 2008, 18:26
Ok so it would be Ferry tickets, fuel, food/booze and entry fees....

Essentially with all the money offered by everyone, it could just end up entry fee's and gas money for dave and the bike

Would be awesome if craig could go, rather him than me!

Skunk
21st May 2008, 18:42
So at the moment we're looking at $100 sponsorship so far.
$39 Ferry
$45 Entry (at the moment) for BoB
$? Gas
$? Food
$? Club membership and license.

Not much to come up with...

In fact there's more sponsorship here than cash I have for this event!

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 18:47
$45 Entry (at the moment)
Day licence?
Membership?

It
s $25 for a day licence. I just joined up with VMCC for $35 but I think someone was saying something about $20 to join BEARS club, maybe?

dangerous
21st May 2008, 18:51
I'll sponsor $20 too. :niceone:

Yup and another $20.00 from me

I will add $20 to that as well.

I'll sponsor someone and their bucket $20 to go.

Ill add 20$ in for whoever goes (if i dont).
And The BMRC will flag the the entry for the BOB

Number One
21st May 2008, 18:53
And The BMRC will flag the the entry for the BOB
I'm pretty sure I/we could make this work for Sully....

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 18:55
I'm pretty sure we could make this work for Sully....

Do it, do it! And i'll even come over and mow ya lawn (for $20) :wari:

Slingshot
21st May 2008, 19:00
The generosity from members of this site is remarkable.

I'd love to take up the offer but work's full on at the moment and getting time off this side of July is pretty much not going to happen.

It's fitting that the championship winner from last season should pick up the sponsorship, hopefully Sully will be able to make it.

Number One
21st May 2008, 19:03
The championship winner from last season...

Is humbled....and not completely comfortable about taking up the offer....

Trudes
21st May 2008, 19:06

Yes!!! I think that's a great idea!

Trudes
21st May 2008, 19:08
Is humbled....and not completely comfortable about taking up the offer....

Tell him to suck it up and take up our offer, and just think of all the times he's helped most of us out!:2thumbsup

Skunk
21st May 2008, 19:12
He better bloody take it (if he is able that is)!

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 19:12
Tell him to suck it up and take up our offer, and just think of all the times he's helped most of us out!:2thumbsup

That's right bitch. You had better recognise! :headbang:

quallman1234
21st May 2008, 19:13

Awesomeness!!!

Joni
Tell him to suck it up and take up our offer, and just think of all the times he's helped most of us out!:2thumbsupYes and tell him we can hit hard too! :lol:

Would be nice to see him down here... I know its difficult to accept help at times, however BOB is a great occasion, and its great to be able to help someone race at it.

dangerous
The generosity from members of this site is remarkable.

Its not about 'this site' its about the spirit of bucket racing :2thumbsup

Buddha#81
21st May 2008, 19:16
If I move to Wellywood can I have the deal?

Skunk
21st May 2008, 19:17
No.

10 chrs

Number One
21st May 2008, 19:21
I have managed to convince Sully that it is a blardy great idea to take everyone up on the blardy kind and generous offers that have been put up on this thread and the suggestions from them also that he should!

With him doing a bit of overtime at the moment it puts things within reach for us so if the offer hasn't already been snapped up can Sully please be the sponsored rider and F5 Daves van mate?

Kickaha
21st May 2008, 19:25
If I move to Wellywood can I have the deal?

I think there's a weight restriction on it

Trudes
21st May 2008, 19:26
I think the consensus would be YES!!

Skunk
21st May 2008, 19:32
Right Sully - get that bike running better than ever! I'm aiming at doing some test runs on Sunday afternoon at our usual back street test area.

Colapop
21st May 2008, 19:35
YAHOO!! Go Sully!!

Number One
21st May 2008, 20:53
Sully is in the garage with Mr Nudey talking buckety things and the like and planning the rebirth of the Sled. The plan is to strip it down and get the thing running nice and sweet.

He is stoked about being 'made to go to the BOB by his wife' but bashful about the generous offers that have come to light.

I however am a firm believer in what goes around comes around and I already would like to pledge to help out someone in a similar position next year.

SO the Wifey who lives with him thanks you all :love: for making this possible and in reach for us and F5Dave we will be sure to do our absolute best in terms of helping to fuel the van too.

Maybe I should do some odd jobs too and re read that if you thinking dirty cos it ain't!

Anyway if you are keen to support the Sulster to help us to get him to the BOB - that's awesome!!! Just PM me and I will give you the account number we will pay the ferry tickets and license stuff from....maybe you could all sign his yellow shirt or something too - you know for advertising purposes

I'm assuming there is somewhere in the van to fit the Sled in Dave?

:msn-wink:

Now the only thing left to address is who the fark is going to entertain me for the blardy weekend :lol:

dangerous
21st May 2008, 21:02
Sully is in the garage with Mr Nudey talking buckety things and the like and planning the rebirth of the Sled. The plan is to strip it down and get the thing running nice and sweet.

Is this the CB125T powered ZXR?
if so may I be of some help? whats wrong?

koba
21st May 2008, 21:02
This is soo cool guys!
Good shit!

Trudes
21st May 2008, 21:03
Do you want to house/Xbox/cat/playstation/bird/projector sit for us?

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:04
if so may I be of some help? whats wrong?

Ha haa I am just the girly personal assistant hmmkay...So I don't know about that mechanics of the machine...but if you mean the blue one...zx140rc...then yes definitely the one he taking and yes it having issues....

Timing and gear change and wot not...but I couldn't possibly be much more help than that.

First thing he said to me when I told him he had to go for this was that he wasn't taking the fiddy!

dangerous
21st May 2008, 21:09
Ha haa I am just the girly personal assistant hmmkay...So I don't know about that mechanics of the machine...but if you mean the blue one...zx140rc...then yes definitely the one he taking and yes it having issues....

Timing and gear change and wot not...but I couldn't possibly be much more help than that.
The bike that was recently pictured with tyre warmers? 140?

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:13
The bike that was recently pictured with tyre warmers? 140?
Yup that's the one...not sure it's 140 though?

Dunno...you really need to talk with the man who knows everything and not the woman who does everything :lol:

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:26

Ok so I checked and it is a CB142T powered ZXR.

Skunk
21st May 2008, 21:30
Ha, mines a CB142.7cc :p

Strangely mine has timing issues too.

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:31
Ha, mines a CB142.7cc :p

Strangely mine has timing issues too.
I didn't touch your one ok?!

nudemetalz
21st May 2008, 21:36
I think it's absolutely awesome that Mr Sully is going.
He will do us Wgtn Bucketeers proud.

AFAIK it's only the gear selector that's giving him grief, ie she's a single-speed (3rd gear) model !!!

Just let us know the bank account number and we shall deposit funds as required.
Better not be a Nigerian money-laundering account though..... :spanking: :lol:

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:38
ok I better give you another account number then ;)

Thanks Chris and everyone - this is just soo awesome of you all.

:love: :hug:
Sherie

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:40
Do you want to house/Xbox/cat/playstation/bird/projector sit for us?

Yesh please that be lovely holiday from our house...which is just so empty without my man....:crybaby: :eek:

So long as I get instructions for everything I can promise that it will all still be working and/or alive when you get back :msn-wink:

dangerous
21st May 2008, 21:45
Ok so I checked and it is a CB142T powered ZXR.

Ok so I wana know how he got a 125 Twin to... 142cc :scooter:

nudemetalz
21st May 2008, 21:48

From what I remember Sully telling me, he bored it out and put XR75 pistons in it. I may be wrong though.

Number One
21st May 2008, 21:49
Ummm dunno

I just the woman in charge who does everything he the one who know everything.

He too busy to post now - has to get the Sled going - he got sponsors to do proud doncha know!

Skunk
21st May 2008, 22:05
I did it differently with Sullys help. Much less stuffing around. The XR piston method requires decking the barrels by 4 or so mm and then modifying various bits to make it work.

The 'kit' is much more straight forward. Mines the test-bed. I think he plans to sell the 'kits' so I'm not going to give away his secrets. Buy a 'kit' from him. ;)

Sully60
21st May 2008, 23:11
I'm honoured that you all think it should be me taking this opportunity to go to Ruapuna and take part in the Battle of the Buckets.

I don't mind admitting I've been quite jealous with all the hype going on about it, Masterchop and I had a wee joke to together on Sunday about being amongst the seemingly few people who weren't going.
I put things like this out of my mind and concentrate on the things I can achieve, there's no point dwelling on it.
Little did I think that such an opportunity would present itself. So head down and getting into pulling the engine out and splitting the crankcase again :yawn:

I've just got the cases apart and there's no damage as such and I have managed to replicate the cause of Sundays problems so I'm going to curl up in bed with a good copy of the workshop manual and suss out the problem, so it should be easy to fix, touch wood!

Dangerous, I've posted some of my earlier developments since I joined KB I can't find all of the links but here's some (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=73560) to read (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=56999) over. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1250703#post1250703)

Number One :love: has obviously put a bit of work into this and I suspect there's more going on but all I can say is I'm humbled that the Norf Welly Massif crew have shown such awesome support for me to accept this offer.

Dangerous and the BMRC, I'm also impressed you would waive the entry fee for the recipient of this sponsorship. nudemetalz, Joni, Nasty and quallman1234 your generosity is as Slingshot said remarkable, and a credit to the spirit of Bucket racers and KB members alike.

So if it's not being too presumptuous(I'm not entirely comfortable with this:o) I would like to accept this offer of sponsorship to attend the Battle of the Buckets.

Just have to check with F5Dave to see if it’s ok with him and I’m on board and BOB bound!

So what's the hot tip for gearing at this gigantic track you lot have got?

dangerous
22nd May 2008, 06:05
I did it differently with Sullys help. Much less stuffing around. The XR piston method requires decking the barrels by 4 or so mm and then modifying various bits to make it work.

The 'kit' is much more straight forward. Mines the test-bed. I think he plans to sell the 'kits' so I'm not going to give away his secrets. Buy a 'kit' from him. ;)

Ahhhhhhhhh... ya see I am up with how to 150cc a 125T, I have the info from carbs and pipes to pistons and decking.
So, this is why I ask... so Sully used XR and took 2mm off the pistons and re seated the valves.
Skunk, I didnt relise you had a 125T? this kit you talk about, you are doing the big bore on yours this way? whats in this Kit? i asume by the way you talk that no machining of pistons is etc is needed? very cunning, if it works.
Sully I have spare parts if you need something.

Sully60
22nd May 2008, 06:14
Ahhhhhhhhh... ya see I am up with how to 150cc a 125T, I have the info from carbs and pipes to pistons and decking.
So, this is why I ask... so Sully used XR and took 2mm off the pistons and re seated the valves.
Skunk, I didnt relise you had a 125T? this kit you talk about, you are doing the big bore on yours this way? whats in this Kit? i asume by the way you talk that no machining of pistons is etc is needed? very cunning, if it works.
Sully I have spare parts if you need something.

The idea of the kit is you give me an old 125t barrel and the money (not finalised yet) and I'll send you another barrel that's been bored and decked, the new 142cc pistons and a head gasket, just reassemble and go. I stiil have to develop it a bit further to save some mucking around. I'm not going into the details as such because I plan to sell these and I regard this as my I.P. but I can tell you it works and they should be good value for money.

Now I'm coming down we can discuss at more length. Yeehah!

dangerous
22nd May 2008, 06:20
The idea of the kit is you give me an old 125t barrel and the money (not finalised yet) and I'll send you another barrel that's been bored and decked, the new 142cc pistons and a head gasket, just reassemble and go. I stiil have to develop it a bit further to save some mucking around. I'm not going into the details as such because I plan to sell these and I regard this as my I.P. but I can tell you it works and they should be good value for money.

Now I'm coming down we can discuss at more length. Yeehah!

Ok, so no machining valve recess into pistons then?
I am running a std engine at the mo due to my hot rod engine dropping a valve in a big way eg: valve head found in carb and stem embeded in head hence I need another head.

Kendog
22nd May 2008, 06:21
Now I'm coming down......

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kickaha
22nd May 2008, 06:28
I need another head.

Yeah cause the one he has is topped with Ginga

Have you had anyone look at it to see if it can be repaired,both times the GN dropped valves I had the head repaired

dangerous
22nd May 2008, 06:49
Yeah cause the one he has is topped with Ginga

Have you had anyone look at it to see if it can be repaired,both times the GN dropped valves I had the head repaired
hey... stop picking on the bloodnut, were did you go to get the GN head repaired, worth a try aye?

Number One
22nd May 2008, 07:23
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You lovelies will all look after him and make sure he doesn't get up to tooo much mischief aye....remember I am babysitting your house...careful how you answer ;)

nudemetalz
22nd May 2008, 08:39
I'd love to be going to the BOB but can't do everything being same weekend as my wedding anniversary. :violin:

Next year though, I will definitely be there.

F5 Dave
22nd May 2008, 09:26
Yeah they put the one before last on my (1st) wedding anniversary too so a conspiracy maybe?

OK Sully is it. Thanks for the support guys & will be great to have Sully down there too. Getting the bike in there will be a breeze compared to packing after the GP with 4 bikes & no less than 5 engines, 4 spare wheels & raft of other items.

Now we just have to argue over what goes in the CD player for the trip.

Number One
22nd May 2008, 09:27
Thanks everyone!!!

So far we have covered the ferry trip to Picton and the entry fee for the BoB.

Str8 Jacket
22nd May 2008, 09:31
Thanks everyone!!!

So far we have covered the ferry trip to Picton and the entry fee for the BoB.

Fark yeah! That's awesome news! You guy's that are donating to get Sully there rock! :wari:

Joni
22nd May 2008, 09:59
Fark yeah! That's awesome news! You guy's that are donating to get Sully there rock! :wari:Yeah I know, I’m awesome! :lol: :whistle:

On a serious note though... I was thinking about what else I can do to help the Welli guys a little more. One thing is the food at the track sucks! (I got food poisoning once)... so thought, if it helps I can go and grab a whole lots of fresh bread rolls, ham, cheese, tomatoes, marg etc and you guys can help yourselves to sammies during lunch. I can’t afford to feed the whole lot of you, but if I got about $1.50 or $2.00 per filled roll it would cover the costs. However will only do this if it actually helps you guys, and lets you have to think about one thing less. Let me know.

No offence will be taken if it’s a stupid idea. I just thought it would be easy, and cheap for you guys to do it that way. :innocent:

Str8 Jacket
22nd May 2008, 10:02
Yeah I know, I’m awesome! :lol: :whistle:

On a serious note though... I was thinking about what else I can do to help the Welli guys a little more. One thing is the food at the track sucks! (I got food poisoning once)... so thought, if it helps I can go and grab a whole lots of fresh bread rolls, ham, cheese, tomatoes, marg etc and you guys can help yourselves to sammies during lunch. I can’t afford to feed the whole lot of you, but if I got about $1.50 or $2.00 per filled roll it would cover the costs. However will only do this if it actually helps you guys, and lets you have to think about one thing less. Let me know.

No offence will be taken if it’s a stupid idea. I just thought it would be easy, and cheap for you guys to do it that way. :innocent:

Hey chick, that is an AWESONE idea!!! I know that sometimes you can get so nervous and busy that food is the last thing you worry about until its too late and ya starving so you have to go and grab a $5 bloody hot dog. This will save us time and $$ so that's a YES PLEASE from me! Thanks :D

Trudes
22nd May 2008, 10:03
That's an awesome idea Joni, I'd be in for a couple of rolls, and I'm sure my hungry man would be too! Thanks!

sinfull
22nd May 2008, 10:09
same weekend as my wedding anniversary. :violin:

AND ?
Hehe surprise the wife with a flight down to a lovely motel in the south ! (and sneak the bucket on a trailer headed in that direction)

Joni
22nd May 2008, 10:16
Cool.... well people can just post here, and I will take a head count of people who want food the day before :yes:.

If you guys have not met me as yet and are hungry, just stroll up to the big red Firestone UTE... I will be there and so will your lunch! :sunny:

PS: Offer is not only for the Welli crowd, any Chch guys who are interested, let me know.

koba
22nd May 2008, 10:24
I like food, so yes please :)

Colapop
22nd May 2008, 10:39
I like food too! Can you do a care package for me and send it up?

nudemetalz
22nd May 2008, 10:41
AND ?
Hehe surprise the wife with a flight down to a lovely motel in the south ! (and sneak the bucket on a trailer headed in that direction)

Sheez, I had to sneak all of the spending on the bucket and the late nights building it instead of spending time with her, plus keeping her awake with loud angle-grinders and revving of Lady P in the garage.

I ain't pushing my luck further !!!

Number One
22nd May 2008, 11:25
Joni that's a blardy great idea.

The thing I find too is that the guys are so much better off at the end of the day if they've had something for lunch that isn't junk!

Consider Sully down for one of your glorious healthy track lunches please!!!

AND of course - thanks soo much for helping my man out too.

The offers of support are quite humbling and a little overwhelming. It is so great that we can get Sully there to enjoy a fab weekend with you all. I know he will love it.

Skunk
22nd May 2008, 11:28
Two more lunches thanks Joni. Thank you very much! Be good to see you again - hopefully not such a full on day as last time eh...

Joni
22nd May 2008, 12:15
hopefully not such a full on day as last time eh...yeah! :yes:

Also hope Kicks GN goes the distance this year. :rolleyes:

So far we have 7 people needing lunch! Cool no problems... will bring enough so each of you can have 2. :2thumbsup

I look forward to putting some faces to names! It should be a great day....

Number One
22nd May 2008, 14:21
OK Sully is now confirmed for the ferry sailings with Dave....

Next to get/arrange: Vic Club membership, Day license at BOB, Gas for Daves Van, Food and booze...accomodation...

quallman1234
22nd May 2008, 16:09
I sent you a pm Number1 Re:bank details!.

:banana:

Joni
22nd May 2008, 16:13
Yeah Number one, as mentioned before it would be best for me to hand the $20.00 straight into Sully's hands on the day... is that in order? If not please can you send me the bank details.

Number One
22nd May 2008, 16:39
Thanks again everyone!

Craig will be very surprised and stoked to come home tonight to find that the ferry trips are now all taken care of...and by all you lovely people!

It's like reeeaaal now! He has tickets to get his arse over the other side (and back again).

I won't acknowledge people specifically on this thread unless they are comfortable with it and there have been a couple that have asked this....so instead we will just heap bling upon you and Pm you thanks and kind thoughts and Craig will work his arse off in the garage to get the Sled going proper so he can do you all proud!

Maybe we can sort something around either signing his BOB shirt.....or plastering the Sled with stickers or something...hehe :shutup: maybe I should be asking him all this first?...anyway for those that want to I am sure we can get your 'brand' out there

Once again - thanks all for the support and offers of manual labour help.

Every little bit helps us (and Dave) heaps and without it this trip, for the Monster crew, was something to look forward to next year....

I look forward to paying it forward next year!

:sunny::love::sunny::love:

Skunk
22nd May 2008, 16:50
I wish I could help too but I'm in no position too. (Fucken diesel's gone up again. This is getting harder every day.)

Anyway, I have another gearbox and bottom end here if it'll help. Does he need a hand with anything?

dangerous
22nd May 2008, 16:59
Next to get/arrange: Vic Club membership, Day license at BOB, Gas for Daves Van, Food and booze...accomodation...

accomodation for Sully is sorted... hes Daves roomie :shit:

ohh and why dont you come down aswell... AJturbo said flight tickets are $36

Number One
22nd May 2008, 17:03
I wish I could help too but I'm in no position too. (Fucken diesel's gone up again. This is getting harder every day.)

Anyway, I have another gearbox and bottom end here if it'll help. Does he need a hand with anything?
No worries Skunk!!!! Not sure what he needs - he can update yas on the mechanically stuff...I just the admin/co-ordination lady ;)

Number One
22nd May 2008, 17:05
accomodation for Sully is sorted... hes Daves roomie :shit:

Dave mate you better restrain yourself hmmmkay...Sully is my prescious monster.....

ohh and why dont you come down aswell... AJturbo said flight tickets are $36

The priority is getting him down there. Too far to stretch things to include me and Ryan and I will have mummy son time at Uncle & Aunty Kendogs! Someone has to take care of the animals!!! lol

Number One
22nd May 2008, 17:14
Ryan and I will have mummy son time at Uncle & Aunty Kendogs!

Time for an Extreme Home Makeover!!! Yeeeharrr - demolition :devil2::banana:

nudemetalz
22nd May 2008, 18:04
So, tell me Dangerous (or anyone else familiar) where does the track go for the Buckets at Ruapuna?
I've raced around there many a time when I lived in ChCh so know the track well.

Here's a Google Earth image of it;

F5 Dave
22nd May 2008, 18:08
The bottom rh loop but with the infield kink, so anticlockwise all lefts with one right in the infield. Feels pretty busy when you're doing it, also you can't see the banking or the elevation drop off on the infield connection.

dangerous
22nd May 2008, 18:18
So, tell me Dangerous (or anyone else familiar) where does the track go for the Buckets at Ruapuna?

Purple is B track, Green is the Tri Oval.

nudemetalz
22nd May 2008, 18:18
Ah okay, thought it was, thanks Dave & DD.

Kickaha
22nd May 2008, 18:44
I'd love to be going to the BOB but can't do everything being same weekend as my wedding anniversary. :violin:

You could, but it just means the chances of you having a wedding anniversary next year would be nil

Sully One
22nd May 2008, 19:04
Thanks everyone for helping to get my daddy to the BOB

:love: :love: :sunny:

Trudes
22nd May 2008, 19:09
Time for an Extreme Home Makeover!!! Yeeeharrr - demolition :devil2::banana:

Oiii!! Unless demolition is short for washing my windows and planting my vege patch!:2thumbsup

Sully One
22nd May 2008, 19:21
Don't worry Aunty I reallll good in the garden :wari:

Kendog
22nd May 2008, 21:35
Cool.... well people can just post here, and I will take a head count of people who want food the day before :yes:.

Great idea, please count me in for a couple.
Are there hot dogs there as well? immmmm, hot dogs :drool:

You lovelies will all look after him and make sure he doesn't get up to tooo much mischief aye....remember I am babysitting your house...careful how you answer ;)

'tooo much' is a very subjective term :whistle:

Skunk
22nd May 2008, 21:38
Ah well. Number One ain't looking after our cats or house so I guess we'll have to lead Sully astray. Shouldn't be hard...

Number One
23rd May 2008, 01:23
Ah well. Number One ain't looking after our cats or house so I guess we'll have to lead Sully astray. Shouldn't be hard...
Oh I am more than capable of taking care of more than one pussy in more than one house!

You need someone to feed all yer animals while you all away...talk to me - Especially you north Welly uns!

Str8 Jacket
23rd May 2008, 07:56
Fark. I forgot about my cat! arrrgh

Joni
30th May 2008, 10:07
Alrighty then...

Just a quick confirmation of who wants me to bring their lunch for them on the Saturday for the BOB:

Str8
Mr and Mrs Kendog
Koba
Skunk and Skunk Control
Sully
F5 Dave

Plus Kickaha and Divvo: That makes 10.

Anyone else?
:spudwhat:

dangerous
30th May 2008, 18:47
Alrighty then...

Just a quick confirmation of who wants me to bring their lunch for them on the Saturday for the BOB:

Str8
Mr and Mrs Kendog
Koba
Skunk and Skunk Control
Sully

Plus Kickaha and Divvo: That makes 9.

Anyone else?
:spudwhat:

yeah me...

Joni
30th May 2008, 19:06
yeah me... You trust me enough to feed you eh? :lol:

Fair enough, 2 more filled rolls coming up for you as well!

Trudes
30th May 2008, 19:07
Hey Joni, The Kendogs will only need lunch for Saturday... Thanks babe.

Joni
30th May 2008, 19:13
Hey Joni, The Kendogs will only need lunch for Saturday... Thanks babe.Coolio hun, consider it done!

Will have food for about 10 people then (Maybe a few more just in case). Just a few dollars towards it would be appreciated. :sunny:

dangerous
30th May 2008, 19:19
You trust me enough to feed you eh? :lol:

Fair enough, 2 more filled rolls coming up for you as well!

ummm ummm. well ummm... Bobotie maybe? ok you called my bluff, I will be too wound up as usual to eat, but umm thanks anyway.

Str8 Jacket
30th May 2008, 20:47
Cheers ears. Can we buy all our crack off you too?...

koba
30th May 2008, 21:16
Cheers ears. Can we buy all our crack off you too?...

You must have been smoking to much of it to forget to ask about the horse tranquilizers too....

gav
31st May 2008, 00:05
ummm ummm. well ummm... Bobotie maybe? ok you called my bluff, I will be too wound up as usual to eat, but umm thanks anyway.

Really? So how did you manage to now weigh over 100kgs? I think you got too heavy for http://www.visordown.co.nz and you broke it! :clap:
Hasnt been up since you posted your photos? :Oops:

dangerous
31st May 2008, 08:46
Really? So how did you manage to now weigh over 100kgs? I think you got too heavy for http://www.visordown.co.nz and you broke it! :clap:
Hasnt been up since you posted your photos? :Oops:

No Gav it was a piss take thread aimed at Bren, to get the pic I had Gwen sitting on my sholders.

And yeah we couldnt get on VD either, managed to after disconecting the modem and re firing everything back up.

F5 Dave
3rd June 2008, 09:43
Um err, Joni please count me in too. Food is the last thing I'm thinking of in the last min panic, so is probably a good idea.

Thanks.

Joni
3rd June 2008, 09:52
Um err, Joni please count me in too. Food is the last thing I'm thinking of in the last min panic, so is probably a good idea.

Thanks.Consider it done!

Did your ears burn yesterday? Your name came up a few times while the boys were tinkering on the 50.... :msn-wink:

Look forward to seeing you guys again!

F5 Dave
3rd June 2008, 10:09
yes no doubt with sabotage mentioned once or twice I imagine, don't worry I'm quite capable of inflicting that myself:apint:

No yesterday I was trying to get the 100 sorted with frustrating results.

gav
3rd June 2008, 23:57
No yesterday I was trying to get the 100 sorted with frustrating results.
Excellent! :done: I mean .... ummmm ..... gosh, is it going to be ok?

Trudes
4th June 2008, 09:18
Are you excited Sully monster??

F5 Dave
4th June 2008, 09:24
Turns out the 100 will be fine, I hope. I was worried but seem to have it running ok, bringing on a spare ignition just in case.

50 is as it was running last month with a once-over to check everything is tight (unlike last year where my gear lever undid it's mount about 3 laps in & I had to pitstop:laugh:).

Number One
4th June 2008, 12:47
HE SHORE IS!!!!

Oh and hey I have decided that we will slum it at home.

If you want me to feed yer animals though I can....

S

Sully60
4th June 2008, 19:08

Just to prove I can speak for myself, yes I'm excited.

I have quite a bit to do tonight but I can say that my megaphones are ready to make some Southern ears bleed!

gav
4th June 2008, 20:11
Just to prove I can speak for myself, yes I'm excited.

I have quite a bit to do tonight but I can say that my megaphones are ready to make some Southern ears bleed!

Cool, hmmmm, wonder if we have a black flag? :devil2:

Sully60
4th June 2008, 20:49
Cool, hmmmm, wonder if we have a black flag? :devil2:
If I didn't know better, it sounds like you're a bit worried there Gav?

gav
4th June 2008, 21:21
I don't think you'll be giving me too much trouble on the track ....... :Oi:

just don't hit me when you lap me, ok? :Playnice: