PDA

View Full Version : Housesitter needed in New Plymouth

janno
15th May 2008, 09:01
Hi all,

long time no typee!

I am off to sunny Brisbane on June 16th for a month and my housesitter has cancelled due to family illness, dammittall.

I am looking for a person or couple who are fit and active and love dogs, as the barking bookends need an hour's walk a day. They are friendly and sociable dogs and lots of fun to take out.

The house is small and not an "executive home" but is five minutes walk to Fitzroy Beach and an easy 15 minutes walk along the coastal walkway to town.

I've got the situation listed on the various housesitter websites, but if any of you know of someone who might be interested, can you please send me a pm via here. I need someone who can definitely commit to the whole length of time.

Sigh. Bloody pets, eh? The kennel they go to for short stays is excellent, but would cost more than my airfare for a month!!

Pussy
15th May 2008, 10:50
I'd look after the boys for you, Janno, but I dont think Blackson, Spotty, Black and Baldwin would be too happy about it... :angry:

sunhuntin
15th May 2008, 11:34
if i lived in np, id be there in a heart beat. hopefully someone will help you out, janno!

how are you, btw? long time, no see. :niceone:

SpeedyGirl
15th May 2008, 11:57
Bugger!!! Hope you get someone soon babe !

janno
15th May 2008, 16:59
Hooray! Looks like a lovely couple from Fiji are going to have the honour of preventing the barking bookends from rolling in dead possums and eating horseshit at the beach. They did say they've had dogs in the past so hopefully they won't be too horrified. :whistle:

Boob Johnson
15th May 2008, 18:21
Hooray! Looks like a lovely couple from Fiji are going to have the honour of preventing the barking bookends from rolling in dead possums and eating horseshit at the beach. They did say they've had dogs in the past so hopefully they won't be too horrified. :whistle:
Hey great news Jan. I was just comin in to say I had a chat to me mum about your situation, she is havin a sniff around as some of her friends do this regularly (house sitting, not sniffing :msn-wink:) but all is well I see :niceone:

ps: your dogs are lovely they will love them no doubt :hug:

ynot slow
15th May 2008, 18:22
Bloody chicken temperature goes to below 8deg and ya bail.

Mind you GoldCoast/Queensland in June is bliss compared to NP or Naki.

Why leave? today the beach looked awesome.The clowns buying sea views are not stupid when days like today,but they are few and far between during winter time.

Have fun.

ynot slow
15th May 2008, 18:23
ps: your dogs are lovely they will love them no doubt :hug:

Just as well it isn't Asian immigrants looking after the dogs.p/t

martybabe
15th May 2008, 18:34
Yay, well done,I've been trying to work something all day to help out, never mind, good onya,have a brill time.You will come back though eh. :mellow:

sinfull
15th May 2008, 18:43
Well if ya get dropped in it at the last minute we have the dog house from hell here ! Lock the joint up and bring on the hounds !