PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Bike - West Auckland - Honda NS250R

Alive
15th May 2008, 12:49
Got a call from my mate this morning... Some SOB ripped off a set of wheels last night...

Here's the run down

Honda NS250R freshly painted Deep Metallic Blue stolen last night from Henderson Valley Rd. walked out of his back yard between 7:30 and 8:30 last night. Rego 14YEB.

Lights were on people were home... Mate was out dropping off the painter who had just returned the bike.

I wouldn't want to be the person caught with this bike... My mate is not too happy to say the least.

If you come across this bike can you pease flick me a PM or call John on 027 5186001

Cheers

LilSel
15th May 2008, 12:56
dude... that sucks!!... will keep eyes peeled for ya

Alive
15th May 2008, 13:05
dude... that sucks!!... will keep eyes peeled for ya

Cheers Sel :Punk:

Dargor
15th May 2008, 13:08
That sucks `will keep an eye open.
The timing and that the painter just dropped it off (and knew where it was) makes me suspicious.
But i suppose you are in west auckland, maybe bikes just go fast.

Good luck.

pyrocam
15th May 2008, 13:09
good description. shouldn't be too hard to spot if its riding around.

Alive
15th May 2008, 13:15
These are not very common bikes and this one will definately stand out due to the really fresh paint...

The painter is a good mate so no chance of that causing suspicion.

Probably a dodgy neighbour or someone walking by and spotting it and deciding to take it.

Gets under my skin when someone puts time, effort and money in to something like this only to have someone else come along and take it.

imdying
15th May 2008, 15:00
Good choice to steal, they're top fun to ride :)

Oh, and bike thieves deserve a bullet.

Alive
15th May 2008, 16:36
Good choice to steal, they're top fun to ride :)

Oh, and bike thieves deserve a bullet.

I'm gutted I ddin't get the chance to give it a fang :lol:

Forest
15th May 2008, 17:15
As a former resident of Glen Eden, I'm not entirely surprised to read this.

Hope that you catch the bastards.

Alive
16th May 2008, 09:50
Not holding my breath that it will turn up but you never know and it's still early days.

Str8 Jacket
16th May 2008, 09:52
Feck, arse bastards! I really hope you get it back dude!

motodrummer
16th May 2008, 10:35
:bash: Hey, sorry to hear that. Will keep an eye/ear out for it...txt if see it out my way...muriwai...Hope ur mate gets it back soon.

Qkchk
16th May 2008, 10:40
Honda NS250R freshly painted Deep Metallic Blue stolen last night from Henderson Valley Rd. walked out of his back yard between 7:30 and 8:30 last night. Rego 14YEB.

Lights were on people were home... Mate was out dropping off the painter who had just returned the bike.

Sounds like someone has seen the bike when the painter dropped it off and decided they wanted it more than your mate. He would be been followed.....

oldrider
16th May 2008, 11:55
How was the bike secured just prior to the theft?

Like how do you think they stole it, did they ride it away? Curious, John.

Alive
16th May 2008, 12:27
How was the bike secured just prior to the theft?

Like how do you think they stole it, did they ride it away? Curious, John.

Well John... I hate to say it but it wasn't secured and had no steering lock. They pushed it out the driveway and wheeled it down the street where I imagine the either loaded it in or on to a vehicle or started it and rode off.

Lets just say my mate won't be making that mistake again.

onearmedbandit
16th May 2008, 12:36
Not with that bike anyway.

Muppet
16th May 2008, 13:05
what is it with stealing bikes? Is is the parts? Jesus!

Alive
16th May 2008, 13:23
what is it with stealing bikes? Is is the parts? Jesus!

I figure it's either the parts or joy riding.

Tank
16th May 2008, 16:10
Got a call from my mate this morning... Some SOB ripped off a set of wheels last night...

Here's the run down

I wouldn't want to be the person caught with this bike... My mate is not too happy to say the least.

If you come across this bike can you pease flick me a PM or call John on 027 5186001

Cheers

Sorry to hear about your bike. I hope you get it back.

Apparently - Looking around holes in brick walls in Glenfield may be a good place to start.

Alive
16th May 2008, 17:20
Seeing as you're already over there Tank... Wanna go take a look? :third:

Alive
17th May 2008, 08:19
Still no sign of it but thanks to everyone who's keeping their eyes open for it :)

oldrider
17th May 2008, 17:31
Well John... I hate to say it but it wasn't secured and had no steering lock. They pushed it out the driveway and wheeled it down the street where I imagine the either loaded it in or on to a vehicle or started it and rode off.

Lets just say my mate won't be making that mistake again.

Thank you, my interest is in trying to protect my own bike, especially when I travel into the high risk areas. (cities etc) :eek5:

Living in a benign relatively safe area makes me naive, ignorant and vulnerable to these bastards. :confused:

You guys on KB are helping me to wise up a bit. :yes: Thanks again, John.

PS: Good luck in finding your bike and the bastard that stole it.

_intense_
17th May 2008, 17:38
bee keeping an eye out down this aways... dickless people that mess with other peoples stuff are a waste of human flesh.

Nagash
17th May 2008, 18:34
I live in the Henderson Valley area so i'll be looking out for it..

Bastards I say.

Alive
17th May 2008, 20:41
Imagine this bike in dark blue...

This is a recent picture pre new paint.

Alive
18th May 2008, 16:25
Rims are still black and front forks still had red letters on them.

There were also a set of those poxey blue lights on the tyre valves that light up when it's riding along... these would have probably been removed.

FROSTY
18th May 2008, 16:43
Mate not being a smartass here.
Im now in Corban Avenue. At about 8.00 last night I heard a stroker coming from HSN Valley having its nuts revved off of it followed by the --OHH FUCK this is an off camber downhill left hander --then back on the gas really fucken hard as they went past me
I was just heading out to dinner -to mee it looked dark blue or black

motorbyclist
18th May 2008, 16:48
i live in hendo valley too, will keep an eye out. gutted man

Alive
19th May 2008, 10:14
Good news folks...

Bike turned up last night.

Bad news...

The gang assosiate riding it ended up in bushes at around 130kmph while being chased bu the cops on the Riverhead/Coatesville Rd last night.

Good news...

They got the prick and he claimed he recieved it and gave the coppers the name of the guy he says stole it.

Bad news...

Going to cost my mate $130 odd bucks to get it out of impound + cost of repairs.

Oh well at least he's got it back....

Thanks to everyone who kept an eye out for it.

NOMIS
19th May 2008, 10:56
thats great news my friend, what a wanker. glad the bastard got caught..

Still does it feel the same?

Alive
19th May 2008, 10:57
Dunno yet... mate is picking it up tonight after work from the impound yard

imdying
19th May 2008, 11:22
Let me adjust that for you:

Good news...

The gang assosiate riding it ended up in bushes at around 130kmph while being chased bu the cops on the Riverhead/Coatesville Rd last night.

Bad news...

He didn't end up living in a bed for the rest of life, eating dinner through a straw.Yeah, that's better :yes:

Alive
19th May 2008, 11:37
Hahahahhaa...

It would have been good news had he not trashed the bike ;)

Forest
19th May 2008, 13:22
Why do you have to pay to get a stolen bike out of the impound yard?

Alive
19th May 2008, 13:34
Because the cops had to get it towed and not much chance the offender will pay to get it released.

Sucks because my mate who is the victim in this case is going to have to pay not only to get his bike back but also for the repairs.

motorbyclist
20th May 2008, 00:27
that's really disgusting, having to pay to get your own stolen property back.

can't the court charge the theif for damages? or would your mate then be recieving $10 a week for the next two years?

they'd probably make him chase it up himself, if he's allowed to at all...

Blossom
20th May 2008, 08:23
Because the cops had to get it towed and not much chance the offender will pay to get it released.

Sucks because my mate who is the victim in this case is going to have to pay not only to get his bike back but also for the repairs.

Thats so freaken rude. I reckon insurance companys should pay out the fees if the fuzz cant get the money out of the thief. Hope the bikes not too badly beat up.

Alive
20th May 2008, 08:48
Thing is that these guys know where he lives, have gang connections and he's not interested in rocking the boat because it could put his family and house at further risk.

Bike wasn't insured as it was a project and the value on it is so low it's not worth insuring.

Justice system in this country is a joke... Do the crime & do the time... YEA RIGHT.

Victim rights buhahahahhahah TUI

Metalor
20th May 2008, 19:06
F%CKING C%NTS!!! Ecuse my language, but news like this really pisses me off. Mongrel bastards thinking they can do whatever they want. World would be a much better place wihtout them... line em up and fire away!

HungusMaximist
20th May 2008, 19:58
Well at least the bike's back, wtf is it these days with people nicking other people's bikes?

By the way the tags in this thread is pretty funny 'fuckhead thieves, honda=gay, nsr, stolen'

Forest
20th May 2008, 21:17

That makes sense. The towing companies are private operators and need to get paid.

However it shits me that the victim has to cover the cost of towing.

IMO the criminal should be fined the amount owing for the towing. If he can't pay, then seize his property or cut his benefit.

motorbyclist
20th May 2008, 21:26
IMO the criminal should be fined the amount owing for the towing. If he can't pay, then seize his property or cut his benefit.

i was thinking the same thing last night

if he can't afford to pay fo the stuff he's stolen, just seize all HIS stuff and see how he likes a taste of his own medicine

Alive
21st May 2008, 12:13
I agree.... make these bastards suffer some sort of consequences that have an impact on their lifestyle... hit em where it hurts... Their wallets.

Why the hell not it costs the victims so why not the thieves too?

motorbyclist
19th June 2008, 18:47
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-159981682.htm

same bike up for sale?

Qkchk
20th June 2008, 12:44
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-159981682.htm

same bike up for sale?

Looks like it eh? Same rego and same colour. Must of cost a bit to get it back up to scratch.

portokiwi
20th June 2008, 13:00
Thats a great looking bike.
People just dont care about anyone elses gear. And our laws suck. No way should the owner have to pay.

Alive
22nd June 2008, 10:20
Yes it's now up for sale after yet another repaint and a few other small jobs.

Goes pretty well for what it is... Luckily they didn't do any serious damage other than fairings.

CB ARGH
22nd June 2008, 20:59
Good to see that you got it back mate. Should wait up for the bloody bastards... see how they like a hammer flying out of the fucking dark at them.

Although it would be weird waiting every night for a thief. Just shoot the bastards.

motorbyclist
23rd June 2008, 00:22
just put one of those GPS tracking device on it

if it gets nicked, KB party at their place:devil2:

Alive
23rd June 2008, 11:39
just put one of those GPS tracking device on it

if it gets nicked, KB party at their place:devil2:

Damn fine idea :lol: