PDA

View Full Version : Bike stolen and recovered...

Jaxi
15th May 2008, 18:30
I like KiwiBiker, although I don't post much, I am on here alot. I like it because it's about bikes but mostly because it keeps me up to date with what is going on in NZ (and I really miss NZ!)

KiwiBiker threads often talk about the "commumity" and how everyone looks out for each other etc... I think that's cool.

We've just experienced this in London, city of millions.....
See this thread http://www.therevcounter.com/showthread.php?p=230556#post230556

My Brother (Pete) was in North London on Saturday - Went into a mates house, looked out the window an hour later and his bike (KTM 950 Adventure) was gone!

He's gutted because it's the bike he rode around South America on, and had just spent a load of dosh getting it back to A1 condition.

We didn't expect to see it again, but had a phone call last night from the Police to say it had been found!

Apparently a sharp eyed copper saw a bike parked on the side of the road with it's number plate covered, so stopped and checked it out. The theives had even put a lock on the bike.

Pete's been to check it out and the only damage is to the ignition switch where they smashed the lock... The cargo net and touratech straps are even still attached to the back of the bike.

Awesome news for Pete, and great work by the police... makes me wonder why someone would steal a bike and leave it parked on the street a few miles from where it was stolen though!!!

yod
15th May 2008, 18:33
jeebus thats lucky

mint

tri boy
15th May 2008, 18:48
Yay. Go the Bobbies.:first:

Smokin
15th May 2008, 19:08
That's an awesome piece of luck. Good to see the coppers have a keen eye too.

gtr boy
15th May 2008, 19:15
nice one getting it back,maybe left it there for a qiuck get away from another thieving job,mongrels they are:oi-grr:

nallac
15th May 2008, 19:22
awesome luck on getting his bike back,
there really is some thick pricks about.

did the coppers get the lowlife scum as well?.

Boob Johnson
15th May 2008, 19:24
Struth, very very lucky boy indeed! :eek5:

martybabe
15th May 2008, 20:12
Thrilled for ya but I'm left wondering why the police didn't wait to see who was using the bike. Ah well good news anyway and at least your coming into summer over there. :niceone:

Taz
15th May 2008, 21:05
... makes me wonder why someone would steal a bike and leave it parked on the street a few miles from where it was stolen though!!!

Probably where the water pump seal blew and they broke down......

Jaxi
16th May 2008, 07:21
awesome luck on getting his bike back,
there really is some thick pricks about.

did the coppers get the lowlife scum as well?.

Na, the fact they found the bike was a bonus.... the police over here have enough to contend with, there's not enough of them.

The cops spotted the bike with the number plate covered and thought it was a bit suspicious so checked the plate and on calling it in discovered it had been reported stolen....

Jaxi
16th May 2008, 07:25
Probably where the water pump seal blew and they broke down......

Yeah, maybe something like that. The copper that rode it back to the police station commented on the grabby clutch...

Someone suggested that maybe they parked it up waiting to see if there was a tracker on it, planning to come back and get it later if it was still there.

Jaxi
16th May 2008, 07:29
Thrilled for ya but I'm left wondering why the police didn't wait to see who was using the bike. Ah well good news anyway and at least your coming into summer over there. :niceone:

Yeah, we've had summer for the last two weeks now it's back to being grey and rainy again..... Mustn't grumble though....

martybabe
16th May 2008, 08:39
Yeah, we've had summer for the last two weeks now it's back to being grey and rainy again..... Mustn't grumble though....

Hahah, that's probably it for summer mate, two weeks is good in pomsville.

Come home soon. :yes:

EJK
16th May 2008, 09:03
Wow awesome! :D Winner!

Congratulations!

Jaxi
16th May 2008, 09:10
Hahah, that's probably it for summer mate, two weeks is good in pomsville.

Come home soon. :yes:

Yeah, been trying to for a while, really miss the place.... Crazy thing is, having been here for so long there will be loads I'll miss about being in the UK no doubt (grass always being greener and all that)... Be nice to go for a ride and not have to carry an A-Z / map of some sort (don't so GPS's!)

martybabe
16th May 2008, 10:01
Yeah, been trying to for a while, really miss the place.... Crazy thing is, having been here for so long there will be loads I'll miss about being in the UK no doubt (grass always being greener and all that)... Be nice to go for a ride and not have to carry an A-Z / map of some sort (don't so GPS's!)

I love it down here but I do miss some little things from England.Please could you send me some soggy chips, some warm brown beer and a motorcycle news.Thats what I have to do without, as compensation,I got warm and friendly people(mostly) a decent climate, reasonably priced housing, and beautiful countryside, I think I win.

Shouldn't you be in bed now, It's yesterday night.I'm half way through tomorrow and it's a mighty fine day you'll enjoy it when ya get up.

Renegade
16th May 2008, 16:40

im sure the culprits lock and plate cover were seized for finger printing, great to get the bike back though.

Jaxi
16th May 2008, 18:35
I love it down here but I do miss some little things from England.Please could you send me some soggy chips, some warm brown beer and a motorcycle news.Thats what I have to do without, as compensation,I got warm and friendly people(mostly) a decent climate, reasonably priced housing, and beautiful countryside, I think I win.

Shouldn't you be in bed now, It's yesterday night.I'm half way through tomorrow and it's a mighty fine day you'll enjoy it when ya get up.

You definitely win.....

YellowDog
16th May 2008, 23:34
Must have been a new cop. Like you say the London Police have a lot on their plate and would reather deal with motor vehicle theft by assistaing with the insurance claim process.

Great result.

sinfull
16th May 2008, 23:43
nice to hear a happy ending to a bike theft story !