PDA

View Full Version : K4 GSX 600 tilt sensor - Wheelies?

Brett
16th May 2008, 15:18
Do the K4 GSXR's have tilt sensors to stop the riding going past 12 o'clock?

xwhatsit
16th May 2008, 15:43
I'll get the video camera and we'll do an experiment to find out.

boostin
16th May 2008, 15:54
I am with xerxesdaphat,

If it came with one from the factory it may have been removed, likewise if it was shipped from the factory without one, then someone may have fitted one!

Time for an experement with camera for the benifit of everyone.

Kevmo7
16th May 2008, 16:22
I do 12 o clocks and i havent disconnected my tilt sensor, This is what a modded tip sensor looks like:

PS:
On a gixxer i would be more worried about oil starvation, get a oil pick up from www.stuntex.com

BadCompany
16th May 2008, 18:11
I do 12 o clocks and i havent disconnected my tilt sensor, This is what a modded tip sensor looks like:

PS:
On a gixxer i would be more worried about oil starvation, get a oil pick up from www.stuntex.com

Might want to whack some sparky tape on that connector too, I don't trust those screw type connectors :P

Brett
19th May 2008, 01:01

PS:

Thanks for that Kev. I am aware that oil starvation is an issue on gixxers, at this stage my wheelies are not high enough for long enough for it to have any effect. query was mor theoretically based at this stage:innocent:

Chrislost
20th May 2008, 13:44
The switch for the injection on the GSXR is one of the little black boxes under the seat not like on the hondas where its a gay little thing up the front.

imdying
20th May 2008, 16:56
Suzuki tip over sensor:

Normal
http://wotid.com/pictures/albums/userpics/10001/TipOverSwitch1.jpg

Tripped
http://wotid.com/pictures/albums/userpics/10001/TipOverSwitch2~1.jpg

Hope that helps.

Brett
20th May 2008, 21:34
Awesome, cheers for that. I still have to consistently be able to get it high enough that it matters!

imdying
21st May 2008, 09:20
Just unplug it :)