PDA

View Full Version : FXR150 suspension

boostin
16th May 2008, 19:09
What do you bucket racers do to the suspension of your FRX150's to make them handle a bit better.

Are there many options?

Cheers

dangerous
16th May 2008, 19:38
they already have the best newest in the bucket field... learn to ride man :chase:

some put RS shocks in em but I duno if thers any advantage.

Kickaha
16th May 2008, 19:42
What do you bucket racers do to the suspension of your FRX150's to make them handle a bit better.

What kind of handling problem do you have?

Buddha#81
16th May 2008, 21:36
I put 20wt fork oil in, other than that she's bog stock and I don't have any issues.

boostin
17th May 2008, 08:44
Mostly just seems a bit light/soft in the front. Not really a big issue just wondering if there was anything that makes them a bit better.

nudemetalz
17th May 2008, 10:36
What I did for the RGV-150 front forks on my bucket was make longer spacers to preload the front end and then use a heavier weight fork-oil (rather than increase the volume of the same weight).

I'll let you know if it works tomorrow ;)

SHELRACING
20th May 2008, 20:56
Changed the oil to 15w can't remember the exact amount but make sure both forks are equal (obviously).
Went to Mitre 10 and brought a dozen washers the same dia as the fork springs add / remove washers till you get the ride you need.
If you stand beside the bike and pull up on the handlebars you should have about 20-30mm lift in the forks.
Put a zip tie around the fork push the zip right down to the dust cover. Push down on the handlebars, the zip tie will show you how much downward travel you have in the forks, I think mine is about 65mm. a balance of oil and / or washers can adjust compression and travel.

NOTE: your riding style and weight will also affect the amount of spacers required.

I didn't do anything to the rear shock just set to the second hardest setting.