PDA

View Full Version : Well, I knew it had to happen...

Ramius
24th December 2004, 15:05
Was driving along the road doing what was considered excessive speed. Saw a police officer coming in the opposite direction "gently" applied the breaks and he went past, I thought to myself, he is going to turn those lights on, spin around and pull me over. Next thing he did, turned the lights on, spun around and pulled me over.

He got out of the car, walked over to me and said "do you have any reason why you were going so fast" my response was, I wanted to get where I was going quickly.

He said you were caught doing 112 and I know you slowed down before I radared you, and of course, I said yes. Showed him my licence and he said, it says here you are on your learners, I said yes. Of course I was not displaying my L plate, I said I took the plate of, it is here if you want to see it. His comment was then, is there not a speed limit for learner licencees on motorcycles, "yes' i retorted. He said, isn't it something like 80, I said, no, its lower, he said 70? I said yes, he then advised me that I was going 42km over the speed limit. I told him who I work for and we had a little chat about that (court officer)

42km over the speed limit = $560 + 60 Demerit points
Failing to display L plate = $400 + 25 Demerit points

He said to me, I will only give you a ticket for doing 12km over the speed limit so that will be $80. I am not giong to bother giving you a lecture because you know all about this anyway, I said yeap, thanks for that officer. We both said Merry Christmas to each other and he was on his way.

Moral of the story, it could have been a lot worse if I was not honest with him and tried to argue my way out of it, however , I knew I was speeding and I have to pay the penalty for that.

Oh, and this is my first ticket....EVER

Oh and I made it to Gisborne easily as well!

And a side note, if he had breath screened me I would probably have failed because I got tanked last night and had my last drink just before midnight

Have a good and safe Christmas :stupid:

Indiana_Jones
24th December 2004, 15:19
lol that was interesting to read :niceone:

-Indy

Marmoot
24th December 2004, 15:22
And a side note, if he had breath screened me I would probably have failed because I got tanked last night and had my last drink just before midnight

VS

This thread (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7346)

:eyepoke:

White trash
24th December 2004, 16:28
Saw a police officer coming in the opposite direction "gently" applied the breaks and he went past,

No you didn't. You applied the "brakes".

Sorry Sean, thought I'd beat the other anally retentive speelers.

Have a great Christmas dude, catch ya in the new year no doubt.

Coyote
24th December 2004, 17:23
Damn, you dodged a round of bullets there.

I have no need to worry, I'm Law obiding :innocent: 140kph

How fast were you before hitting the brakes?

Bonez
24th December 2004, 17:53
How fast were you before hitting the brakes?Is'nt one ment to "apply" the brakes.

Ghost Lemur
24th December 2004, 20:04
Thank fuck twas only a ticket, read the heading and thought you'd binned it on the way to Gissy.

Sounds like you got a good one though, certainly heaps better than it could have been.

ajturbo
24th December 2004, 20:14
well done...
only $80 ....
lucky also

Skunk
24th December 2004, 20:18
You aah verry veery uckly boy eh? You be good on way home, no? :Police:

Gixxer 4 ever
24th December 2004, 21:29
Was driving along the road doing what was considered excessive speed. Saw a police officer coming in the opposite direction "gently" applied the breaks and he went past, I thought to myself, he is going to turn those lights on, spin around and pull me over. Next thing he did, turned the lights on, spun around and pulled me over.Have a good and safe Christmas :stupid:
Hmmm I got pointed at by a traffic officer today. He indicated that the 119 I was doing was a tad to fast. It was just a bugger he could not turn around because of the traffic and tell me so. Take care everyone and we will see you at Wanganui. Could be a wet day. Bugger. How many of these will we see :Police: Could be a slow ride till we get a few numbers of bikes together.

Ramius
27th December 2004, 10:54
Damn, you dodged a round of bullets there.

I have no need to worry, I'm Law obiding :innocent: 140kph

How fast were you before hitting the brakes?

Was just over the 130 mark.