PDA

View Full Version : Nw200

sparky10
17th May 2008, 23:14
Robert Dunlops son Michael wins first NW200 race 250cc, dedicates it to his dad, 120,000 people there to watch racing today

sparky10
17th May 2008, 23:35
Superbike 1st race. 1; Michael Rutter wins on NW200 Ducati Superbike
2nd; Guy Martin , Honda
3rd; John McGuinness, Honda

lostinflyz
18th May 2008, 00:43
there is live coverage on the BBC website for anyone still awake. there should be highlights packages of all races in the next few days too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/nw200/

highlights are a better resolution than the live stream

WilDun
18th May 2008, 23:22
First I must pay my respects to Joey and Robert and to their family, it was a shock to hear that they have both gone.

My name is Dunlop too and I grew up in the same areaI as Joey and Robert.
Although I never knew them personally, I do understand just how they would have felt about bikes,it's a way of life over there!

I am 64 now and I remember doing flag marshal at Juniper Hill about 43 years ago.
I came to NZ to live the next year and I've missed the excitement that this race gives everyone who attends.
With the new BBC helicopter coverage,it's all come back to me again and even more exciting, as we can now see it all online! - many of you no doubt would have seen just how exciting it was.

Sad to see the Dunlop boys have now departed the scene, but what a great life they both had, - (not recommended to most of course), but they illustrated just how keen the people of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are about bikes!
It's really BIG in Ireland, especially in the north, - so any young Kiwis going over that way should go and see the "North West" and the IOM TT, I thoroughly recommend it!

As I said, I never knew these (younger) Dunlop boys, but I did speak briefly to Joey at Pukekohe when he came over to NZ.

What has just happened is a tragedy, but it won't dampen their spirit over there, - believe me!