PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen a Mother Flippin?

Number One
18th May 2008, 21:29
Whose the mother flippin? Did you see the mother flippin?

I'm the mother flippin...

If you'd been at the slipway today you'd likely have seen this Mother Flippin at both ends of the track.

It had to happen. Was to a certain extent even wished upon me...:nono: karma is a bitch :yes: and the wisher doubled my crash rate over the course of the day. Just as well he shared his Rashuns! Beacuse of that all is forgiven under the bucket racers code of conduct :sunny:

Today I went in with the mind that the bike was in good shape after received TLC during the week, I was keen to claim first position in a race if I could, was determined to not cut any corners...AND I DIDN'T and I had also decided that I was going to try to come in hotter and yank the bugger over more proactively as though I thought I was doing this there was more a tad more tolerance than I was accounting for.

The weather gods had promised :sunny: but we got cold breeze and clouds.

The Sled went out, Craig was looking fierce :love: bike seemed to be going well - umm he riding it back to the pits.....timing slipped.....fixed and now my turn....ok, weird doesn't sound right - girlly moment...back into pits. It weren't selecting gear...did that race in third gear. Craig looking fierce:shit:....bummer...time to pull out the 50. I get it out the van...after squabbling with the tie downs that were holding it clutched inside the van for too long a time.

Right, so new OLD tyres on the thing nice easy push start and we are all systems go away.

Felt ok, bit awkward as always for first run on different bike, but did feel that the front seemed less grippy than I remembered it feelindg. Accepted that the problem was with me and not the bike or the tyres...and so I started to play around a little.

Determined to try to not let the fact that I wasn't going to get to ride the Sled (putting podium finish well outta sight) get me down and thinking to treat it as a challenge to be out on the 50 I turned my mind to faster entry speed, more effort on the turn in and of course leaning.

Testing the limits a little it let go on me at the top hairpin for a nice gentle slide down across the corner - quite relaxing, slowish and well funny...crowd enjoyed that...glad I could entertain you all...take a bow get back on and hope they don't remember me.:shit:

Despite the cameras around no one got a pic of that and I was kindly told by MR Korea to just "do it again"...Not even meaning too - I did "do it again" Ooops! This time at the other end...sharing the love people - as in sharing my entertainment around. This second one hurt. Nice bruise on hip and strained muscles in torso, helmet garked up a bit but nothing serious.

Back to the pits, I'm over it. Sled confirmed Critically injured "no show on the day". Hubby suggests I change the tyre on the 50.

Thankfully with the help of a few lovelies...Kendogs, Malcolm, Steve, Chris we got tyre on - though when we looked at it later - it actually hadn't beaded....oh well - got some nice shots of Craig with knee down on it, can't have been too bad!

So yes my crashing cherry got popped today, no points and I crashed at both ends within the space of 5 laps...I can say without too much hesitation that the bath and great feed at my mums were the higlights of the day and not my day of racing.

Big ups to Quasi - my gloves crashed real well and the back protector (which I am addicted to anyway) also held my back in a safe position as I apparently got airborne...I just remember kinda tumbling and thinking damn and bugger and bet this looks funny.... The first thing someone said to me was BUM pants! But wait, remember...Karma can be a bitch and my 'well wisher' binned his ride soon after and so I didn't have to work to get the buggars on over my race suit :sunny:

Bit stiff and sore from straining a few muscles and have a great shiner on hip but to be honest it's nothing worse than what I had playing in the hockey goal last year at this time and I can assure you it is shit loads more fun doing buckets than it was playing hockey!

Hopefully at the next session things will go better for us Monsters. :scooter:

Prize for guessing whose cute leather covered butt that is too....:love:

MIXONE
18th May 2008, 21:34
:niceone:The pain is soon forgotten but the good times live on forever.

quallman1234
18th May 2008, 21:40
Now your gear has character!
Good to see you got your crashing out of the way this round.
Next round = Winningness!
Was it just me or where those rashuns fantastic?
I learnt today that you don't mess with karma, it comes biting back hard.

Catch you on the lowside :jerry:.

Good on ya!

Slingshot
18th May 2008, 21:41
Back to the pits, I'm over it. Sled confirmed Critically injured "no show on the day". Hubby suggests I change the tyre on the 50.

I got my knee down on it too, first time I'd ridden the 50....fark it's slow, but gets around those corners bloody quick!!

BiK3RChiK
18th May 2008, 21:43
Ouch!! :hug: Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

All the best for next time!

Number One
18th May 2008, 21:48
Here's a pic of me in action before all the 'action'

Trudes there getting ready to shmoke me!

PHOTO Care of SINFUL...thanks dude :sunny:

See his profile album for more pics from the day :yes:

Number One
18th May 2008, 21:55
Now your gear has character!
Good to see you got your crashing out of the way this round.
Next round = Winningness!
Was it just me or where those rashuns fantastic?
I learnt today that you don't mess with karma, it comes biting back hard.

Catch you on the lowside :jerry:.

Good on ya!

Ha haaa - Winningness...think I settle for ridingness and bike goingness:confused:

Those rashuns were to die for. I had to leave else I was going to beat you for them :laugh:

My gear already had character....keep in mind they were C's first :bleh: now they just have Number One crasher styles :headbang:

As for seeing you on the lowside - mmmm think I leave the crashing to the pros like you mate :niceone: you realise now too that I fully expect you to crash more than me at every meet :woohoo:

go on PLEASE :shifty: you have to save me from the BUM Pants - I'm counting on you for this :msn-wink:

quallman1234
18th May 2008, 21:58
Haha bring on the bum pant's!
Your in luck i seem to crash at least 2 - 4 times each meeting :Oops:, often little silly mistake's however!
So you might be in luck.

By the way!, i only crashed twice today! So i equalled you:angry2:. (But my one's were bigger my head got hurt a wee bit!). I didn't even crash my bucket (I was far too scared it would break apart!)

Gubb
18th May 2008, 22:32
Ouch. Glad to see your not too badly off.

Battle scars add to character dontchaknow.

Number One
19th May 2008, 07:26
Pretty sore today - can feel all the bits that hit the track now. Both shoulders quite strained and down the right side of my torso also rather tender. Still I appreciate my gear about 100 times more than I did prior to yesterdays little get off. Especially my helmet, which went face first into the deck at the top hairpin getting only a few scratches and dinged up pain job for it's effort and the gloves are magic. Was looking at my other gloves (which I would've been wearing if I hadn't gone to Deanos Quasi BBQ) I can tell you my hands would be in a lot of pain if I had only had those ones on. Thanks again Quasi for making an awesome set of gloves for me to crash in :buggerd:

Gonna skiive off work today as I'm also rather sick with a cold - have a very rough voice so work would just be too much like hard work! BEst I rest up by seeing DB outta town and then back home to bed with the laptop me thinks!

Anyway heres an updated pic on my character building hip bruise this morning...I just love the way big bruises change...find it soo facinating...yes I know I need a hobby!

Str8 Jacket
19th May 2008, 07:48
What is it with people and my bum! :rolleyes:

Glad you OK S. Was an interesting day yesterday, thats for sure. I really learnt alot about myself. I really felt sorry for you yesterday, so sorry that I think I may have given you a wee hug which is totally outta character for moi! Anyway the karma god's must've bitten us both. I missed out on a points race and completely fecked up the next. Next time will be better im sure. I still had a great day of riding and catching up with mates. :D

Trudes
19th May 2008, 11:19
My darling Number One!! I am glad you're not too sore today, that bruise is impressive!!:cool: Credit to you doll, you are one tough bird, you are guaranteed to see tears when I come off, I won't bounce and am a big sook:crybaby:, so you are my hero at the moment for crashing twice and still grinning even when hurt!:love:

Number One
19th May 2008, 12:23
Now was that a grin I had on or a grimace? :laugh:

Not too bad. Just saw DB off on the SV and had a nice wee tootle round the inlet and over haywards out to Mangaroa valley (farken hate that hill road!) and then back.

Was gonna take him over Haywards and back round the inlet but we had a communication break down and as I was nailing it up the hill I looked in the mirrors and thought...where has that bright light gone?!

Doubled back around thinking horrible thoughts but then clicked he had misheard me (I have lost my voice quite bad so hard to hear) and he'd headed south instead of following me.

Trying to ensure I didn't lose my license or attract attention to myself I caught him up at Petone where , thankfully he'd decided to pull over and do earplugs or something or other so I pulled in and led him back up the gorge and peeled off when I got to Churton park.

Was nice to ride the SV especially after yesterdays little bobbles. Felt really good on it until the beaten about upper body and arms tired out and were finding it tough hanging onto the bars, steering and well being upright.

On that note I need to get the lappy sorted and get on that!

Str8 Jacket
19th May 2008, 12:27
Was nice to ride the SV especially after yesterdays little bobbles. Felt really good on it until the beaten about upper body and arms tired out and were finding it tough hanging onto the bars, steering and well being upright.

On that note I need to get the lappy sorted and get on that!

I find that my upper leg muscles and stomach hurt the most after a day on the buckets it doesnt do much for my poor left hand either. I really must stop using the clutch!

Hope you feel better soon chick, im all flu-ed up today as well. It'd be good to go for that blat on Friday! :yes:

deanohit
19th May 2008, 12:34
Wow, impressive bruise mate!

Lissa
19th May 2008, 12:34
Ouch!!! Hope it heals well chicky. Take care you guys/gals... whats with you welly people and crashing :mellow: :hug:

Number One
19th May 2008, 12:39
I find that my upper leg muscles and stomach hurt the most after a day on the buckets it doesnt do much for my poor left hand either. I really must stop using the clutch!

Hope you feel better soon chick, im all flu-ed up today as well. It'd be good to go for that blat on Friday! :yes:

Thanks maam- check this out...nice and dark now...

Str8 Jacket
19th May 2008, 12:41

Oh baby yeah!!!

Trudes
19th May 2008, 12:44
Holy shit!! That's impressive!!!:2thumbsup

koba
19th May 2008, 12:58
Woah! thats a big bruise from a little bike! :niceone:
Another AWESOME day out at the buckets, it was sooo cool and after riding lukes rg50 I see why they are so lovable! Pity it started bogging down coz I was dying to give Craig a battle on it, he was provoking me too, It just had no go :(

Skunk
19th May 2008, 14:33
Not a bad effort. Gonna try harder next time?

I have seen worse but she rode into a tree on an enduro ride!

kiwifruit
19th May 2008, 14:48
nice effort :D

Maha
19th May 2008, 14:53

Thats a work of art really....I love the way you have ensured that the darker foreground of primary colours cohabits wonderfully with the pale as background.....:eek:

Number One
19th May 2008, 14:56
It's the wonderful patterns that I am super proud of.

Number One
19th May 2008, 18:40
Not a bad effort. Gonna try harder next time?

I have seen worse but she rode into a tree on an enduro ride!
If there were trees there I might've tried to run into them too! damn it that hurt but yeah I think looks worse than it is.

quallman1234
19th May 2008, 18:47
Sorry, But your going to have to ride off the cliff to be the best at slipway.

martybabe
19th May 2008, 19:00
I know I'm a bit late but comiserations babe ,I know how much you were looking forward to the races.

Bloody awesome bruise though , bit of an Andy warhol thing goin on .cool.

Look after yourself, ya speed crazed hooligum. :hug:

Number One
19th May 2008, 19:01
umm err - nah I leave that honour to visiting girlfriends :shutup:

quallman1234
19th May 2008, 19:02
umm err - nah I leave that honour to visiting girlfriends :shutup:

I knew i should of convinced my ex to come to the buckets!

Number One
19th May 2008, 19:04
I know I'm a bit late but comiserations babe ,I know how much you were looking forward to the races.

Bloody awesome bruise though , bit of an Andy warhol thing goin on .cool.

Look after yourself, ya speed crazed hooligum. :hug:

Yeah it was a bit of a downer. The first lowside was funny and didn't hold me back but the second had me rather awkward and gun shy when I went out again after that. HOpefully I can get past that for next time and the sled actually goes!

Then it's orn motha flipper!:niceone:

Pussy
19th May 2008, 19:15
Just found this thread... that's one impressive bruise, Number One! Bummer about the bins. Heal quick

Number One
19th May 2008, 19:35
Just found this thread... that's one impressive bruise, Number One! Bummer about the bins. Heal quick
Thanks John :calm: I not too bad...just ruined my mojo for teh rest of the day and got me hobbling around today. I'm getting old - just don't bounce like I used to ;)

Number One
19th May 2008, 21:13
wonder if anyone saw the one at the bottom hairpin?

I have flashes of what I think happened but a couple of those still pictures are missing.

I wonder too if can expect to be at my sorest on the day after or the second day after?

Do I trapse into work tomorrow or work from home?

martybabe
19th May 2008, 21:45
wonder if anyone saw the one at the bottom hairpin?

I have flashes of what I think happened but a couple of those still pictures are missing.

I wonder too if can expect to be at my sorest on the day after or the second day after?

Do I trapse into work tomorrow or work from home?

Home babe, with one o them little drinkies you like. You need rest hunnychild that Tarmacs nasty stuff. Could be complications like thirstiness or hunger. yeah best stay home. :laugh:

Number One
19th May 2008, 21:48
Home babe, with one o them little drinkies you like. You need rest hunnychild that Tarmacs nasty stuff. Could be complications like thirstiness or hunger. yeah best stay home. :laugh:
You may be right there sir. Margarita - that what I need.....lol

Kendog
19th May 2008, 22:43
Wow, that is one mean looking mother flippin.

I saw your second crash. It happened really quick so I am not certain what caused it but I think the front wheel just tucked in.
While the bike slid nicely, you rolled a couple of times, hence the bruise I guess.

Zuki Bandit
20th May 2008, 07:43
Battle scars...woohoo!:niceone:

Number One
20th May 2008, 07:45
Thanks dude!

Yes I definitely underestimated the pain level for today and no I won't be trapsing into work.

Just waiting to hear whether I am KBing all day or 'actually working' either way it will be seated action today in the layzboy.

Will load an updated bruise development pic later....though it's where I am not bruised that hurts the most actually!

Number One
20th May 2008, 07:46
Oh yeah Nige I definitely lost the front and I think as I tried to recover it the back gripped and that was when I went for the airborne roll and crash down to earth....

CookMySock
20th May 2008, 08:57
Pretty sore today - can feel all the bits that hit the track now. Both shoulders quite strained and down the right side of my torso also rather tender. What a sight to see the girls doing it for real on the track, complete with spills and thrills and battle scars to boot! Respect!

Was gonna take him over Haywards and back round the inlet but we had a communication break down and as I was nailing it up the hill I looked in the mirrors and thought...where has that bright light gone?! Doubled back around thinking horrible thoughts but then clicked he had misheard me (I have lost my voice quite bad so hard to hear) and he'd headed south instead of following me.haha, oops! sorry to spook you like that ;) All good !

BEst I rest up by seeing DB outta town and then back home to bed with the laptop me thinks!Thanks for lookin after me, miss. That was neat hummin around town with ya.

DB

Number One
20th May 2008, 09:05
My Pleasure DB

It would by the sounds of things have been the slowest you went all day.....

Hope it at least got you warmed up for your ride...next time when you know your way around you can head us up.

S

007XX
20th May 2008, 09:15
Dang, Sweetheart...you didn't go about it half hearted, did ya? :pinch:

Now, besides the Marguaritas, make sure you drown that bruise in Arnica cream. It'll make it go away in double time.

Awesome write up though :first:

Number One
20th May 2008, 09:22
Dang, Sweetheart...you didn't go about it half hearted, did ya? :pinch:

Now, besides the Marguaritas, make sure you drown that bruise in Arnica cream. It'll make it go away in double time.

Awesome write up though :first:
I am slippery as hell covered in antiflamme! :blip:

Might need a rubb later...you able to make it down here in time? :hug:

007XX
20th May 2008, 09:28
I am slippery as hell covered in antiflamme! :blip:

Might need a rubb later...you able to make it down here in time? :hug:

Where the feck did I put my "Beam me up Scotty!" thingie?:laugh:

Thing is though, Antiflamme is good, but only has a low percentage of Arnica. Get yourself the actual cream from the pharmacy (blue and white tube), you'll be amazed at how much quicker it speeds the process.

martybabe
20th May 2008, 09:44
Where the feck did I put my "Beam me up Scotty!" thingie?:laugh:

Thing is though, Antiflamme is good, but only has a low percentage of Arnica. Get yourself the actual cream from the pharmacy (blue and white tube), you'll be amazed at how much quicker it speeds the process.

Beware the creams though, you know the pimple situation ! :D

Number One
20th May 2008, 10:17
Beware the creams though, you know the pimple situation ! :D
Haha! Yes! Well so long as my helmet won't fit on my butt I should be ok :laugh:

007 it helps just to know that you would if you could :hug:

007XX
20th May 2008, 11:36
007 it helps just to know that you would if you could :hug:

Aaaawwww...c'mere sweetness! *eh, should we make Sully suspicious again? Just for fun...:lol:*

Stirts
20th May 2008, 12:49
DAMN that is a most impressive bruise you got there!!!

Nice hot bath with epsom salts/radox while sipping on Marguaritas will do the trick nicely for those sore muscles you have my sweet!!!!! Then a looooooooong massage from Craig....with a happy ending of course!!!!!

Looking forward to more pics of the ever changing wonderous colours that bruise will form!

Number One
20th May 2008, 13:33
DAMN that is a most impressive bruise you got there!!!

Nice hot bath with epsom salts/radox while sipping on Marguaritas will do the trick nicely for those sore muscles you have my sweet!!!!! Then a looooooooong massage from Craig....with a happy ending of course!!!!!

Looking forward to more pics of the ever changing wonderous colours that bruise will form!
Ha haa yeah - just charging the camera batteries now. Had a shower and a good stretch and I feeling much more human.

mmmmmmmmmMargaritasssss YUM IF only

Stirts
20th May 2008, 13:36
Ha haa yeah - just charging the camera batteries now.

Photos of the bruise aye, the bruise not the happy ending aye, you know that aye?

*well just dont post them on THIS thread mmmmkay*

Number One
20th May 2008, 13:49
Photos of the bruise aye, the bruise not the happy ending aye, you know that aye?

*well just dont post them on THIS thread mmmmkay*
ooo no I won't share photos and details of the happy ending...not without getting your credit card details first anyway ;)

Number One
20th May 2008, 14:51
As the bruise continues to develop it's own personality and continues to grow I track it's progress in pictures....

marioc
20th May 2008, 15:19
god dam that thing is growing!!! stop feeding it

martybabe
20th May 2008, 15:24
As the bruise continues to develop it's own personality and continues to grow I track it's progress in pictures....

FFS, it does seem to be yellowing though, I think it may have peaked, Its like watching a constellation via the Hubble telescope. wish I could poke it. :laugh:

Skunk
20th May 2008, 15:29
wish I could poke it. :laugh:
You too huh?

Number One
20th May 2008, 16:35
:laugh:

See I knew this would be a great and interesting thread topic!!! :lol:

Typical Skunk - bet ya all wanna have a poke - JUST TO SEE ME LEAP in the air...mean bastardges!

SO - I just got back from the doctor and it is official...I have the rest of the week off work.

I felt better immediately after (and the next day) than I do today and I feel worse now than I did this morning. Apparently that is normal with the 'not tooo dramatic' 'getting banged around' injuries. My doctor said he would see immediately after an event and he could guarantee they'd be back in two days in more pain than seemed right given how minor the event might've seemed to them.

Damn I don't even have any Tequila

Maha
20th May 2008, 16:37

You could be turning into an Islander you know that aye?
If it continues to grow at this rate, by this time next week we will able to call you Fa'atalau'

LilSel
20th May 2008, 17:11
Holy shit!!! That is one impressive bruise!!!

Heard you come off the first time... saw you come off the second time.

*sending gentle nowhere near that bruise hugs* :)

gav
20th May 2008, 20:58
Harden up, its just a bruise, won't be the last! :msn-wink:

Skunk
20th May 2008, 21:15
Typical Skunk - bet ya all wanna have a poke - JUST TO SEE ME LEAP in the air...mean bastardges!Me? Noooo, not me. I is nice...

Number One
21st May 2008, 08:00
Harden up, its just a bruise, won't be the last! :msn-wink:
Hell no it won't! But isn't the first soo special.

Felt it worth celebrating my official induction as a bucket racer ;)

Colapop
21st May 2008, 08:01
You were induced???

Number One
22nd May 2008, 18:51
My first ever 'motorcycle racer' bruise :lol: is in it's final days.

Note the mostly now sickly yellow tone......:laugh:

AND to satisfy those of you that really wanted to...YES it does still hurt when poked BUT you can't get me :bleh:

Maha
22nd May 2008, 18:54
That now looks like that splat on Jupiter....'the big storm' if you will....:niceone:

martybabe
22nd May 2008, 19:33
My first ever 'motorcycle racer' bruise :lol: is in it's final days.

Note the mostly now sickly yellow tone......:laugh:

AND to satisfy those of you that really wanted to...YES it does still hurt when poked BUT you can't get me :bleh:

I'm poking it right now with the little arrow thing on my screen. :lol: can you feel anything. :lol:

I say aren't they the same clothes in every photo, a bit of time off work and you let yourself go. They'll be calling ya bruisey bruisey stink stink in the playground. :scratch:

Sorry babe haven't spoken to an adult all day, then I go and blow it. :lol:

Number One
22nd May 2008, 19:36
Hahahaa - Someone else made that comment...this is my after bath/shower chilling out at home uniform of jeans and polar fleece top.

As for blowing it...I much prefer non grown up speak anyway :shutup:

Trudes
22nd May 2008, 19:38
You shoulda smelt her today!! Hell, and that hair!!:shit:

I luffs you!!:innocent:

Str8 Jacket
22nd May 2008, 20:09
You shoulda smelt her today!! Hell, and that hair!!:shit:

Go the FRO!!! WoOt!

Number One
22nd May 2008, 20:14
Gee Trudy - who knows what they'll think us three bitches were up to at my place during work hours smelling each other...WTF?!!

O yeah and....FRO POWER! :laugh:

Str8 Jacket
22nd May 2008, 20:18
Gee Trudy - who knows what they'll think us three bitches were up to at my place during work hours smelling each other...WTF?!!

Hey, dont look at me. My house flooded.... :whistle:

Number One
22nd May 2008, 20:22
That's right...did you get the clothes in your knicker draw dry honey?

Number One
22nd May 2008, 20:25
Hey, dont look at me. My house flooded.... :whistle:
Have to say too - your landlord is a sexy bitch!!! I'd turn gay for her!

Str8 Jacket
22nd May 2008, 20:31
Have to say too - your landlord is a sexy bitch!!! I'd turn gay for her!

Fark yeah. I just luuurve her FRO!! :clap:

Number One
22nd May 2008, 20:32
Fark yeah. I just luuurve her FRO!! :clap:
Takes a very speshul woman to carry of THAT fro!

Number One
26th May 2008, 20:46
Well the time has come. My purplish, blueish, reddish, yellowish hip visitor is paling into the stretch marks and is well...not even brag worthy anymore...

Although....now it has progressed to something that has to be TOUCHED :blip: to be appreciated! :laugh: It now has a thick band below the surface which is quite hard and when people touch it they kind of recoil due to the unexpected nature of the way it looks versus the way it feels :lol:

I'm sick aren't I?! :yes::clap:

Doing physio for the shoulder - that is farken sore and but at least it is most comfortable on my bike versus the car so it is easier to ride AND I actually do need the excuse. Noticed in the rain this morning the confidence wasn't quite there and I found myself thinking about whether the tyres were still holding onto the road :crazy:

Anyway this has been the journey of my first bucket racing bruise and well I'd like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the banter that many of you had to offer and appreciated the kind thoughts too - thanks for joining me.

This has been great :dodge: infact THIS HAS BEEN MY BRUISE!

:done:

Trudes
26th May 2008, 21:04
Show us your arse!:banana:

Skunk
26th May 2008, 21:19
This has been great :dodge: infact THIS HAS BEEN MY BRUISE!Is that number one on the floor in the pic?

Number One
26th May 2008, 21:23
Spillage! I'll get Sully right onto a floor suck now :laugh:

Number One
23rd November 2009, 21:10
I played with your heart, got lost in the game, oh baby baby blah blah blah NOT

This mother done gone and flipped again!

The lovely Trudes very kindly asked me if I might join her for a day of riding a mean maori :blip: By 'mean maori' I mean her very sexy golden bucket and I mean racing it at the 2 hour Kaitoke Bucket Endurance race.

We streaked along the motorway that morning out to the Hutt like lightning in the magic white van pulled into the pits and surveyed the land. Twere a bit misty out and the wind was cold but it was set to clear and I was on the loose (mummy/wife/worker hats all left behind at home).

After smoking far too many cigarrettes and taking several boring trips to and from the toilets I finally suited up and started to feel ready to get out there.

This was my first time on a bucket in a wee while and I had never played that much at Kaitoke, I knew the way it went and had most of Sully60s lines in my mind (though not the fortitude to carry them off :rolleyes: :lol:) and I was riding, atleast to me, a foreigner....Rangi the sexy maori.

Anywho Andrew M very kindly lent me his FXR during practise, this was awesome I had the chance to get a bit warmed up and I was only too keen and VERY appreciative to be offered an FXR these are fun aren't they! Doesn't feel like a real bucket to me though - I must say.

Then I had a spin on Rangi for the first 10 lap race. Was starting to enjoy certain corners and was keeping it in my head that the bike is capable of much more than me and than what I think it is capable of doing. I started playing a bit on the left hander before the right hand hairpin up the back left of the circuit. I was working on trying to hold and carry my speed more than I had previously been accustomed to and I came in a bit hot, ran a bit wider than I wanted to be (in relation to the hairpin) and so as I tried to stand the bike (inevitably to quick and clunky like) the back end just skated out came round on me and me and Rangi both slid gracefully off into the dirt. I was quick to stand up and signal I was ok and looked Rangi over.

I never wanted to hurt someone elses bike. Trudes has done so much work on Rangi to get him where he is and I didn't want to be the doofhead that wrecked it! Luckily everything was where it was supposed to be and Rangi was ready for more but I was a bit buggered and couldn't kick him over so decided to not bother possibly disrupting the race to rejoin it.

All was ok with Rangi and I certainly wasn't hurt so after a drink Rangi was keen to get back out there. I stayed on the side watching Trudes work her magic and soothe him after his experience with that silly woman :laugh: and collected myself.

Lunch - nothing to report. Thanks to the Kart club though for making us some choice kai :2thumbsup

Enduro kick off - some pole position qualifying stuff took place. Then we were up. Le Mans start. Bikes on one side of the track, engines off, riders on the other side backs to bike. Green flag drops running backwards (eh Trudes ;)) and then they are away.

I have to say standing on the side I was concerned about getting out there again, there were lots of bikes on the track (all good!) but there were some pretty shifty passing moves going down...I won't say anymore but some seemed to ride as if it were a 10 minute race, not a 2hour one, there were passes that could've waited....moving right along.

Trudes gave me the secret wave which was to signal that I was being called to battle. Helmet on, gloves on way hey hey here we go...OH SHIT.

Got round alright to begin with. Couldn't get my head around that nasty little right hand hairpin...hated it :lol: Started to get a bit game on a few corners then I got a bit gamer on the corner I had slid off on earlier.

Short story is that I highsided. I was accelerating at the time, not on the brakes and I was exiting the corner. All I actually know is that the back caught up and flicked me off I recall seeing some sky and thinking this is gonna hurt and then CLUNK. I hit the back of my head hard on the track followed by my left hip, followed by my left knee and then rolling.

I tried to get up but then the world got a bit dim. I didn't black out but for a wee while I couldn't see and then when I could it was in double. I tried to get up again but was dizzy so assumed the very ladylike position position of arse up in air, elbows and face on ground.

After a while I felt urgency to check that Rangi wasn't in the way and that I hadn't killed him. Scrambled to him, got him up, unpicked the dirty from him and thought he looked good until I noticed the left handle bar - there but pretty bent. ewps - that shit won't buff out...

Finally after an eternity made my way back to the pits and thankfully there was a small gap between riders that allowed me to get from the middle to the pits, I know I cut it a bit fine too so thankyou to the rider that I heard slow a little and felt change line. At this point I felt I really needed to see Trudes and I needed to sit.

That's when I started to feel more shit. Tried to stop the ambos being called but the dry retching was a little too frequent for me to be able to fight that good fight. SO instead I set my mind to getting out of the squid suit - they would not be cutting that leather!

Everything felt in the right places, nothing felt unhinged or broken but the dry retching and shaking was rather bad. I was gutted (and embarrased) to have to be taken off in an ambulance but after a few good deep sups on the nitrous and 1 really damn painful injection of anti vomit drug (Phenergan of all things) I was happy as Larry. Sweeeeeet

Boring and typical non eventful trip to hospital, lots of lights shined in eyes, pee in here, pooh in there, bleed on there, does this hurt, does that hurt blah blah and a few hours later bobs your uncle I'm home again - take two panadol and don't call me in the morning.

So now I sit with pain and a headache that won't clear and still...it was all worth it....though next time I might be a bit more sedate into that corner.

Trudes my friend, thanks for asking me to be your partner, and for taking me out the Friday before so I could have a play and set my mind at ease about riding a 'stranger bike'. I enjoyed the day up till when I crashed and I even recall a few laughs too, it was good fun hanging out and cackling and giving the natives shit (as always).

Dave - mudflaps - thanks for being a gentleman and helping me with my leathers and fetching water...you'll find the water in the back of the Kendogs van - I just couldn't go there.

Thanks also to everyone involved with organising the day and for all the fun and laughs from those that were able to provide them along the way.

CHOICE! I'll be back...at some stage...

Hopeful Bastard
23rd November 2009, 21:47
fark girl!! sounds like you had some fun heh?

Mudflaps
23rd November 2009, 22:33
Wow, that was a novel!! Guess you've had a bit of time on your hands today to write it though eh!!:lol:

Glad to hear you're ok though. I bet you're as sore as a cat under a roller. Don't envy you at all for that. Tough as boots though to get your shit sorted and get back to the pits!!

See you next time. You can ride my bike if you wa... oh, actually, on second thoughts!:whistle::whistle::lol:

Number One
24th November 2009, 06:07
Wow, that was a novel!!

Blame my touch typing skills - I can type about as fast as I can think what I want to type.

See you next time. You can ride my bike if you wa... oh, actually, on second thoughts!:whistle::whistle::lol:

mwahahahaaa I understand ;) It's okay I do have my own bucket after all.

Trudes
24th November 2009, 06:17
Never mind doll, shit happens eh. I'm just glad you're ok and had some fun before Rangi spat you off again. Handlebars and clutch levers can be replaced, gear shifters can be straightened and paint can be repainted, but your friends can only bounce about on tarseal so much before they break something!! :laugh:
Tex got some video of "the crash", it's right at the end:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/emg1O5orH1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/emg1O5orH1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Number One
24th November 2009, 06:20
It looks really weird - not the rear end let go bit - the going backwards off to the side of the track! Pity he missed the tumbling :lol: Must say I was pleased with where I was in that vid in terms of how I was able to stay a bit in front of some and hang on the back of others...still they'd have lapped me 100 times but I don't care!

Skunk
24th November 2009, 06:20
Good to hear you're OK. I only saw you walking back to the pits so didn't think anything of it... until the ambo turned up.

Good to see you out there.

nudemetalz
24th November 2009, 07:38
Agree with all comments here. Good to hear you're okay. We all didn't know what was going on while being up in the conning tower.

Trudes
24th November 2009, 07:44
Yeah lucky (can't remember his name, the really nice Kart guy that was there... is it Gary, anyway) was there to help me hail an Ambo, I didn't know the name of the road and they couldn't find Kaitoke Kart track or Kaitoke or Wellington KartSport on their maps or the phone book, so after 5 minutes of the opperator trying to find where we were she finally asked me if she was breathing!!! FFS!! So that's when Gary(?) took over and directed them. There didn't seem to be any other "official" type people around, so we did the best we could.

Stirts
24th November 2009, 09:06
:crazy:
Fooken hell woman glad to hear you are OK.

Trudes is so right though......
"Handlebars and clutch levers can be replaced, gear shifters can be straightened and paint can be repainted, but your friends can only bounce about on tarseal so much before they break something!!"

I don't think Rangi likes you very much though :dodge:

More pics of more bruises? :D :clap: :yeah:

martybabe
24th November 2009, 10:40
Well I don't do buckets but I felt like I was out there riding with you. A bloody good read despite the oopsy daisy bits. Hope you feel better soon supergirl, falling off sucks, don't do it again mkay, the falling off! do get back out there though.:niceone:

Number One
24th November 2009, 18:03
Yeah lucky (can't remember his name, the really nice Kart guy that was there... is it Gary, anyway) was there to help me hail an Ambo, I didn't know the name of the road and they couldn't find Kaitoke Kart track or Kaitoke or Wellington KartSport on their maps or the phone book, so after 5 minutes of the opperator trying to find where we were she finally asked me if she was breathing!!! FFS!! So that's when Gary(?) took over and directed them. There didn't seem to be any other "official" type people around, so we did the best we could.

Quite scary that actually innit? Just as well I wasn't really bad!

More pics of more bruises? :D :clap: :yeah:

Nah too close to my bum bum for pics!

Well I don't do buckets but I felt like I was out there riding with you. A bloody good read despite the oopsy daisy bits. Hope you feel better soon supergirl, falling off sucks, don't do it again mkay, the falling off! do get back out there though.:niceone:

Hello gorgeous man long time no read you ;) and thanks :hug:

Number One
24th November 2009, 18:07
Having watched the vid again with expert Sully60 on hand to point stuff out I now understand that when the back end chatters that is the warning to tell me to stand the bike up NOW!!!

Trudes he wonders about whether Rangis rear suspension is behaving itself as it should - he recalls having the same chatter thingame happen to him too.

Anywho - panadol and ibuprofen mixes rock! I feel heaps better since I took that wee concoction this morning :niceone:

Trudes
24th November 2009, 18:12
Tell Sully60 thanks :)
I wondered the same after seeing that skipping in the vid, hopefully Sketchy will have a squiz at it for me.

F5 Dave
25th November 2009, 16:01
Yeah it just looked like it stepped out as if out of travel. That isn't entirely unexpected, the suspension is under load there & although the bike doesn't look like it is compressing it could well be that it is sitting on the bump rubber most of the time leaving the tyre to do most of the work.

My RG50 I had the same problem & had to stifften up the spring. Light bikes you can't always tell that they are bottoming & young Glenn may be too light to notice it as well. My bike used to skip along but the slicks saved me quite a few times. Wasn't till I got to a track that had a bump that I noticed that it gave me a kick in the rear.

That was a different shock than Mike used, but he is a skinny arse anyway.

Think we could do some static & race sag measurements. I might have a stiffer spring & or I can measure them. What was the shock you ended up using?

Trudes
25th November 2009, 16:13
Yeah it just looked like it stepped out as if out of travel. That isn't entirely unexpected, the suspension is under load there & although the bike doesn't look like it is compressing it could well be that it is sitting on the bump rubber most of the time leaving the tyre to do most of the work.

My RG50 I had the same problem & had to stifften up the spring. Light bikes you can't always tell that they are bottoming & young Glenn may be too light to notice it as well. My bike used to skip along but the slicks saved me quite a few times. Wasn't till I got to a track that had a bump that I noticed that it gave me a kick in the rear.

That was a different shock than Mike used, but he is a skinny arse anyway.

Think we could do some static & race sag measurements. I might have a stiffer spring & or I can measure them. What was the shock you ended up using?

It's not THE shock Mike had in it, but I believe it is the same as he had, an RS125 if remember right. As far as I know it hasn't had any adjustments done to it since it was put in the bike. So could it just need some preload adjusting for little Rangi and my fat arse?

F5 Dave
25th November 2009, 16:28
Yeah I remember that the bike had no shock in it, I brought it back for Auckers:rolleyes:

So what shock does it have now?? Off some ex skunk project or something?

Preload won't help if the spring rate is too low. It would need a stiffer spring. - If that is indeed the case. But I'd be fairly confident.

Kendog
25th November 2009, 16:47
So what shock does it have now?? Off some ex skunk project or something?
It came from Steve Bagshaw, from one of their race bikes.

Sketchy_Racer
25th November 2009, 16:51
I think there may be a slight over complication of the subject, Number1 was carrying a substantial amount of lean angle at the point where traction was lost, it may have just been a case of cracking the throttle open a bit hard. Unless the rider can tell you exactly what happened, it really is anyones guess, as you just don't get enough detail from a video.
If you were to ask me the biggest factor here would be the tyres. They have seen a lot of heat cycles and a lot of miles now. As far as I know they are the ones that came with the frame? Correct me if I am wrong Trudes.

Cheers,

-Glen

Trudes
25th November 2009, 17:27
I think there may be a slight over complication of the subject, Number1 was carrying a substantial amount of lean angle at the point where traction was lost, it may have just been a case of cracking the throttle open a bit hard. Unless the rider can tell you exactly what happened, it really is anyones guess, as you just don't get enough detail from a video.
If you were to ask me the biggest factor here would be the tyres. They have seen a lot of heat cycles and a lot of miles now. As far as I know they are the ones that came with the frame? Correct me if I am wrong Trudes.

Cheers,

-Glen

Yep tyres are the same ones Mike was running, although I'm pretty sure he told me they were fairly new, like he'd only done a couple of races on them. I've been keeping an eye on Tardme for some slicks, but it seems they're not that common in that rim size.

saxet
25th November 2009, 17:32
It could be due to lack of rebound control, lack of damping, allowing the rear to extend too quickly.Or even too much damping.
It will be a matter of playing with it, adjusting and seeing if it feels better.
I've had issues with that corner and still don't really like it.

Trudes
25th November 2009, 17:40
If it makes any difference I've always felt that it feels a little "wallowy" in some corners but we were putting that down to my dodgy forks.

saxet
25th November 2009, 17:51
If it makes any difference I've always felt that it feels a little "wallowy" in some corners but we were putting that down to my dodgy forks.

Hell, to go against Sketchy's advice and complicate matters even more, it could even have been the forks that let the side down.
Next time youré out on it, hassle one of the A graders to try it out.
New tyres are a good place to start though.

Trudes
25th November 2009, 17:56
Hell, to go against Sketchy's advice and complicate matters even more, it could even have been the forks that let the side down.
Next time youré out on it, hassle one of the A graders to try it out.
New tyres are a good place to start though.
Thanks Tex :)
Glen's ridden it a few times so may have some ideas, as has Koba and Kyle, however they are all featherweights and I'm not.....:pinch:

Number One
25th November 2009, 22:09
I was on the gas for a wee while before it chattered and let go there. I specifically remember thinking WHAT THE I didn't cause that...where as earlier in the day I totally did CAUSE it :rolleyes: :lol:

Craig also made comment (as has Sketchy) about tyres AND that I need to lean much further off and so I don't have to carry so much lean and that for that reason Koba and Sketchy with their knees doing some skilful counter balancing would cancel that stuff out a bit (oh yeah and they are teeny tiny compared with I) and the fact that they probably get the whole when it chatters try stand that bugger up!

Funny thing is I didn't feel like I was carrying any sort of lean and I definately didn't feel like the bike was pushed...though I also thought about how the track almost falls away slightly on the outside/inside (whatever side that was that I was crashing on).

Still, although I got close to having crashed in the same spot as hubby more in one day than he had in however many seasons it was, I still trail him by one oopey there :lol: of course he was quick to point out that two of those were in the wet...yes dear :hug:

BTW - I love that this thread is encouraging discussion about improving the bikes - it's cool to read and think about when you've ridden (ok and/or crashed) the bike in question

Trudes
26th November 2009, 06:20
That is a strange corner (I actually like it... however, I haven't crashed there... yet!!!) I used to start it a lot wider out but realised that it's not necessary on Rangi as he's so small he tucks into that corner quite happily from about mid track/even almost right on the corner, yeah otherwise I feel like the camber just tries to push you off the track.
Oh well, the bike will have some knowing eyes put over it and I'll keep an eye out of new tyres.
Hey #1, if Craig wants to come and have a look at Rangi and give me any ideas that he has then he's most welcome to. :)