PDA

View Full Version : The Petition!

Mom
20th May 2008, 18:42
I am the lucky recipient of the signed forms of the Cheese Cutter Petition!! :D

I guess I will be busy over the next little while counting and collating the signatures! Wish me luck!! :sweatdrop

Can't wait to see how many signatures we actually have. :wait:

Watch this space!!

yungatart
21st May 2008, 08:16
Well done, you, for putting your hand up for this one!!

We still have some copies here, still getting signatures.....

Nasty
21st May 2008, 08:17
ours is in the post today I think there is 100+ signatures there.

Mom
21st May 2008, 17:24
Thanks guys!

Day 1 and I am 55 pages into the count! Just as well I have served a bit of time doing data entry is all I can say :lol:

I have one whole page here that has no contact information on it and most likely will not be counted as valid. Some names are illegible and some have only given a first name.

Most important:

A first and last name printed legibly, a contact telephone number or email address, and a signature!

Holy Roller
21st May 2008, 21:08
Post them to the address on the bottom of the forms?

Mom
22nd May 2008, 07:29
Post them to the address on the bottom of the forms?

Yes please, someone is clearing the box daily, they will eventually find the way to my desk for inputting. Set my alarm early this morning managed to get another 30 pages in before the sun came up! :D

fergie
22nd May 2008, 07:35
thanks for giving your time for such an important cause. what goes round comes round they say. cheers:2thumbsup

Mom
22nd May 2008, 10:51
Gahhh!!!!!!

I am plugging away here entering the petition and have across this smart entry giving the contact details as "666", couple of pages back the contact was "camp". Give me strength!

EDIT: In fact on page 127, out of 12 people that have signed the page, only 6 entries will be able to be taken into the count.

The Pastor
22nd May 2008, 11:15
whats the count currently at?

Mom
22nd May 2008, 11:21
I am on line 1382 of my spreadsheet at the moment. I have entered probably half of the signed sheets I have received. Have not done any verifications yet, and there are many invalid entries that will have to be removed prior to the count.

Still waiting to get the online ones as well, at least they wont have double ups as the table is set up to not allow repeated entries but, they will still have to be compared to the written entries though. Big job this one, it wont happen over night, but it will happen! :D

MadDuck
22nd May 2008, 12:56
Top effort - good on you :niceone:

sinfull
22nd May 2008, 16:53
I aint signed my life away as yet Mom ! Well ok i did that with a mortgage or three, oh and my marriage ! Awww and does the devil count ?
None of the aquaintances i have, aint signed it niether !!! I say Aquaintances cause friends would only keep ya busy for 30 seconds ! One hand i tell ya one hand !!! lol
Edit / Hehe do ya have to be on an electoral roll for this ?

Mom
22nd May 2008, 18:08
I aint signed my life away as yet Mom ! Well ok i did that with a mortgage or three, oh and my marriage ! Awww and does the devil count ?
None of the aquaintances i have, aint signed it niether !!! I say Aquaintances cause friends would only keep ya busy for 30 seconds ! One hand i tell ya one hand !!! lol
Edit / Hehe do ya have to be on an electoral roll for this ?

Tsk, tsk! LOL Pm me your addy I will send you a heap of petition forms to collect signatures! Are you close enough to any of the ride/s stop points to come along and say hi?

Mom
22nd May 2008, 18:14
Well, that was a bit of a marathon to be fair, but I have finally finished entering all the signatures on paper to date.

I have 2,396 lines on my spreadsheet. Not all of these entries will be valid sadly.

There is a heap of work ahead of us to get enough signatures to even get a second glance at the level that counts!

Thank you so much to the people that have taken the time to sign our petition!

Thank you to all of you that are working hard to get this petition out there!

Bring it on!! I am a sucker for punishment!!

yungatart
26th May 2008, 08:10
I took a few petition forms along to Taupo yesterday.
I got 15 pages signed...four people refused to sign!
The last time I went to Taupo I got 19 pages signed.
I am now issuing a challenge to the rest of you...match my total or better still, better it!!
The combined total of pages signed from our household is in excess of 60 pages! That does not count roping HB KBers in to help us!

Mom
26th May 2008, 08:13
I took a few petition forms along to Taupo yesterday.
I got 15 pages signed...four people refused to sign!
The last time I went to Taupo I got 19 pages signed.
I am now issuing a challenge to the rest of you...match my total or better still, better it!!
The combined total of pages signed from our household is in excess of 60 pages! That does not count roping HB KBers in to help us!

Top effort that woman! I have a plan...:blip: Will be putting it in action today, will let you know how I get on. I am thinking thousands of signatures here, fingers crossed I can do it!

Fub@r
27th May 2008, 17:34
Did you get my batch?

There was around 350 signatures, mailed it in an A4 envelope.

Mom
27th May 2008, 17:37
Did you get my batch?

There was around 350 signatures, mailed it in an A4 envelope.

When did you send it mate? I got all pages received to date last Tuesday night.

Fub@r
27th May 2008, 17:41
Sent to this address nearly 2 weeks ago. Just wondered as it would annoy me if NZ Post lost all my hard work :)

Attention: Cheese Cutter Petition
PO Box 105 005
Auckland City Post Shop
Auckland City
New Zealand, 1143.

Mom
27th May 2008, 17:46
Sent to this address nearly 2 weeks ago. Just wondered as it would annoy me if NZ Post lost all my hard work :)

Attention: Cheese Cutter Petition
PO Box 105 005
Auckland City Post Shop
Auckland City
New Zealand, 1143.

You have sent to the right place then! Thank you for your efforts in gathering signatures!

Zapf
30th May 2008, 22:29
Thanks MOM for your hard work :)

Mom
31st May 2008, 08:47
Thanks MOM for your hard work :)

Can you please arrange to get the forms come in up to me as they arrive? It was a huge undertaking to enter 279 forms in one sitting I can tell you. 20 or 30 at a time will be much easier to cope with.

Gremlin
31st May 2008, 18:32
Can you please arrange to get the forms come in up to me as they arrive? It was a huge undertaking to enter 279 forms in one sitting I can tell you. 20 or 30 at a time will be much easier to cope with.
Hi Mom, we'll see what we can do. I clear the mailbox reasonably frequently... but can only travel anywhere 6 days a week on ummm work business :sweatdrop After June I'll actually be able to go places.

unrealone
13th June 2008, 14:27
Quick question

I collected a couple pages when the inital threads were started and I have just emailed around at work (both floors) and trying to get people aware. Have had 100% positive responses.

Am now getting more signatures, I am curious about the online petition, is it valid without signatures??

MSTRS
13th June 2008, 14:34
The online one runs in conjunction with and seperately to the paper one....it needs a name and valid email address. Under no circumstances should anyone sign both forms of the petition.

Mom
13th June 2008, 16:56
Quick question

I collected a couple pages when the inital threads were started and I have just emailed around at work (both floors) and trying to get people aware. Have had 100% positive responses.

Am now getting more signatures, I am curious about the online petition, is it valid without signatures??

Yes the registration on the online petition is valid. If you want PM me your address and I can send you down some paper forms, or you can download a .pdf one from www.cheesecutter.co.nz

Thank you for your support too!

unrealone
14th June 2008, 08:12
Yes the registration on the online petition is valid. If you want PM me your address and I can send you down some paper forms, or you can download a .pdf one from www.cheesecutter.co.nz (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz)

Thank you for your support too!

No worries, I printed off some from the site. Have got about 3 forms signed so far aswell as about 10ish sigs on the site.

Mom
26th June 2008, 07:34
I thought it would be a good idea to actually find out what the petition count stood at before this weekends push for signatures. I have been sent the online signatures (thanks Sanx) and have amalgamated them into my spreadsheet.

Happily the grand total today is 6969 signatures!

Good effort so far, lets see if we can double it this weekend!

yungatart
26th June 2008, 08:07
I thought it would be a good idea to actually find out what the petition count stood at before this weekends push for signatures. I have been sent the online signatures (thanks Sanx) and have amalgamated them into my spreadsheet.

Happily the grand total today is 6969 signatures!

Good effort so far, lets see if we can double it this weekend!

I was hoping for far more than that...
lets get this thing HUGE people!!

Mom
26th June 2008, 08:11
I was hoping for far more than that...
lets get this thing HUGE people!!

I know, I was a bit disappointed when the paper ones did not even count up to 3000. I have not received any more paper signatures apart from the initial lot I got weeks ago. It will be interesting to see how many signatures this latest round of publicity generates.

yungatart
26th June 2008, 08:14
I've got another 30 odd pages sitting here, will get them to you after the weekend!