PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic weekend

bikerboy
24th August 2003, 17:21
WOW, after all this rain I finally get out on the road !!!:D

Thanks to Coldkiwi,:niceone: went on a great ride with a few other KB'ers. A bit cold and damp but missed the rain, geat ride except for a few muddy patches,( my poor clean bike:( ) but good fun.

Then the soon to be regular event, Mitch???, KB bbq. Great fun and enjoyed meeting a lot of posters.:) Sorry those that couldn't make it but a great idea. Mitch was a great hostess, looking rather glam without her leathers:eek: .

Then a great run with Spankme, Bluninja and Aff-man this afternoon. I must get the route from you Spank. My kind of road: fast sweepers, curves, a few great staights on perfect wide dry roads.:love:

:done:

Mitch
24th August 2003, 19:40
I'd have to admit being a little apprehensive about inviting a bunch of people I hardly know or had never met to my place for a bbq, you guys put my mind to rest and I am definetly keen on making it a regulare event NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!!  :niceone:

I'd like to thank HO-Hoon and Big Dog for their efforts on the bbq, Slim (you rock!!) Blu and KK for giving me a hand at 2 o'clock in the morning with the clean up and everyone else that showed up for making it the great evening that it was!!!

Spankme :p thank you for being responsible for bringing together a bloody fantastic group of people!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:   :niceone:

BB I always thought I looked better with my leathers and helmet on too hehehe  :eek:

bluninja
24th August 2003, 20:32
Ditto, to the above. Awesome weekend. Great to talk (and talk, and talk) with so many at the BBQ.  Nice gentle ride today on a great route removed all the kinks from the last week (and added a few to be removed by a long soak). Looking forward to the next ride, and BBQ, and Trackday with some fellow KBers.

BTW Mitch, how was the new bike and the off road experience??

TTFN

Kwaka-Kid
24th August 2003, 21:17
F-ING great BBQ! i must say, it damned rocked, im thinking maybe a 3monthly one? 2 minimum tho - otherwise turnouts would suck etc.  But waht about a lunch this weekend just to get rid of excess food? honestly.. we went a bit over the top, but better more then less.

Now i must say, if not enough people read this i will make it its own thread, THANKS to 3 main people that have made this weekend (what im calling my 18th weekend) the best damned b-day weekend i could ever have, first: Slim, you is the organiser of the BBQ - fucking well done :cool:. second: Mitch, you are the one who risked it all and lost nothing, sombody had to and you had bigger balls then the rest of us it may seem :p -oh and about that leathers and helmet thing, i nearly made a smart comment, but i deleted it - im learning to play nice :confused:. Third: and possibly the best, FIREFIGHT(dave) mate, you fully made sunday. that rocked.  Not only did this dude supply me with a bike, of which to some of ur surprises i did not bin or anything, but he also gave me some of the basic tips/pointers/coaching i needed just to get the feel of the dirt again.  I must admit the last 3 years and 2 weeks (minimum, possibly more) of not at all touching dirt bikes, and learning street bikes has often seen me thinking in my head i was far better off on the dirt, and suck on street and cant get the hang of it, however after going out on the dirt today im thinking i am better off giving up totally! haha! if professional riding is what we are talking.. but luckily im not, so it was f-ing fun despite in the last blast we had (dave, myself, and 2x mates i used to ride with as a 12yo) me basically getting my arse kicked, i had the most fun just thinking in my own mind *argh they are only a corner ahead or so, im kinda keeping up* and everything seemed to flow the way i rememberd it.. or in a simple way.

Bloody great :) finally got home after going to mates place streight after woodhill and talking shit about it then going to work. i smell bad (as you all prolly now know) im tired (well nah im lieing, im gunna stay up for GP @ midnight) and i have a grin on my face writing all this :D  I just cant thank you all enuf, mostly Firefight for just being so straight up and handing me a bike, nobel man, and fire - you are garanteed a ride around pukekohe on the RVF400 once shes up and running, By the sounds of things you are likly to make the owner look stupid on it too (so on the quiet do you mind not showing me up too bad?:niceone:)

:beer: heres to many more happy weekends in my life!

P.S on way thru gravel to woodhill my alloy Can fell off the GS1000, which when i got there FireFight Wired on with some high tensile fencing wire :) and its semi-lasted too, might just keep it like that ;) - oh and just coming home @ 9pm my headlight switch (i think) stopped working so i rode like 15km in dark, with cars damn aiming for my legs! it was like playing Bull-Rush back @ skool days, i loved the rush :)

Big Dog
24th August 2003, 22:54
Excellent party all. Don't really know who to thank as was not really involved in the beginning. It was cool to meet so many other easygoing people, and better still that nothing got trashed!:rockon:

Ciao Big Dog.

Mitch
25th August 2003, 02:48
Had a fantastic day out in the dirt Blu, was feeling a little bit second hand after getting to bed at 3am (oh dear....... must be getting old)  :p  as always the later in the day it got the more fun I had and I managed to quit whilst I was ahead  :rolleyes:  lmao  Hardly crashed at all!!!!!!  IT'S TRUE :eek:

KK would love to have a lunch bbq as my freezer is bursting at the seams but I'm racing down at Manfield this weekend  :banana:  Will do it in a couple of weeks time if everyone is keen.  Also was thinking if the weather is good we could have it at the end of a ride somewhere.  I don't mind loading the van up with everything needed and meeting you guys out at a beach or something.  Let me know what you think.  :niceone:

Antallica
25th August 2003, 03:32
Well I'm up for that! :D

Firefight
25th August 2003, 08:10
Hey Mitch , sorry I missed you, how was your ride?, there were over 300 riders at your event, and another 120 at the bike park itself, What did you think of the surface to ride on at your event as compared to the straight sand tracks at woodhill ?KK did really well in his return to off roading, and will be welcome to come out again, did you get a chance to draw some comparison between the two bikes you took out ?

:gob:

cheers firefight:rockon:

MikeL
25th August 2003, 08:18
A very pleasant weekend, with the only disappointment for me being the failure to hook-up with CK and others for the pre-BBQ ride. Hey guys we need to sort out this "semi-punctuality" business!

A great BBQ - thanks to all involved especially Mitch. Really regretted having to leave so early. Enjoyed meeting all the KBers especially the infamous KK (:rockon: Logan, keep living life to the full!)

Sunday was great too, with a fairly laid-back Ulysses ride through the Waikato in spring-like weather - met another group of I think BMW riders coming the other way on some country road or other (I tend to end up geographically confused, just follow the rest of the pack). Coming back along the Tirau/Cambridge road heading north with the warm afternoon sun and almost deserted road and no cops was magic.

All in all a great weekend. :niceone:

Slim
25th August 2003, 09:06
Wow. What a great weekend I had. :D It's been too long since I went to a biker BBQ - it was just fantastic seeing all those bikes parked in the driveway, and loads of guys wandering around in their leathers! ;)

It was really great to put more faces with names, and as usual I know that I didn't meet everyone, but I'm sure future rideouts, trackdays and BBQs will sort that out.

Thanks to Mitch for the great venue, to the BBQers, to the supplier of the gas heater, and to all the attendees for making it such a relaxed, cruisy event. No stress, well almost no stress! I'm reasonably certain that KKs problem is that his mouth can't keep up with his brain, but I'm damn certain that when he finally shut up & listened, he learnt quite a bit of new stuff. ;) :eek:

To all you peeps who couldn't stay past midnight, you missed out on quite a bit of skin-flashing! :eek: :p

Sunday was great too. I had intended to just "pop in for a look-see" at the family day at Woodhill with Mitch, and then go visiting family & friends around Auckland, but ended up staying all day. Beautiful. The sun was shining and I found a spot in the back of the van to relax with my book, while Mitch & others did all the hard work. :D Next time I will definitely take you up on that offer of a ride! I really wasn't alert enough & just quietly, had visions of broken limbs and hospital visits! :eek:

And I've made my best effort at helping Mitch with the clearing out of the leftovers! Dinner at hers before heading home last night was definitely a good idea. :)

Thanks again, everyone. :)

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 09:51
Originally posted by Slim
.....I'm reasonably certain that KKs problem is that his mouth can't keep up with his brain......... ;) :eek:

All gas no brakes huh? Or perhaps just home made ones.

Full credit where credit is due..... Of all the bikes there, no one was more proud of their bike than KK, or more willing to talk about it to anyone who even slowed down in passing. Made easier of course by the strategic placement of standing next to the food all night:D

Ciao, Big Dog

aff-man
25th August 2003, 10:06
Cheers to all for the weekend the bbq was cool (even if i had to leave early) and the riding i must have clocked up roughly 300km without even trying. But yeh the rides:love:  except for a bit of water and mud on the saturday one + old rear tyre made for some interesting corners but i think i'm finally getting the whole riding a bike thing :D . Thanks to BB ,Blu and Spankme for the ride on sunday even if i was a bit underpowered in that company:D .

By the way mike punctuality and Ck or me for that matter really don't mix but the reason we were "held up" is as we were getting on bike it pissed down so we waited 10min and then it was clear sailing sorry for that though. 

Gixxer
25th August 2003, 10:18
Good times,

Awesome BBQ on Sat, thanks mitch for taking the risk & having it at ur place. KK and slim 4 organising it.

good turn out and good to talk to and put a face to so many of  the members.

left just before midnight but managed to catch the start of the skin show.

I was in such high spirits after a good night that I did not worry at all that I was home 4hrs late and the missus was pissed, even managed to clean my bike.

so is there going to be a X-mas KB BBQ?

Big Dog
25th August 2003, 10:34
Skin show?Where are the pics posted:eek:

Seriously though where are the photo's I saw so many people taking with digicams?

Am I being blonde and their in the gallery?

Ciao, Big Dog.

Andrew
25th August 2003, 10:40
Had a great time, thank u Mitch, KK & everybody who came.

Just goes to show that KB is as friendly off the computer. Whens the next BBQ? :niceone:

Coldkiwi
25th August 2003, 12:55
Originally posted by bluninja
Great to talk (and talk, and talk) with so many at the BBQ.  TTFN

by cripes si' you're not wrong! you could talk the big end off one of those dirty great marine diesels you were on about, let alone a horse! :p you did, however, do a fantastic job of not winging (as many of your fellow pommy men do so poorly) and for that you must be heartly congratulated! (especially given how much you said!) hehehe

awesome evening. the heater was a definite plus and obviously appreciated by all the girls in attendance!

bluninja
25th August 2003, 14:30
winging? I'm always winging it :D BTW I ride an RSVR. What do I have to whinge about:)

Bloody hell though...you even remembered some of the stuff I said.....just don't post any of the other stuff though OK? (Si starts to get a little worried) it was just the (ginger) beer talking.

TTFN

Duke of Rogan
25th August 2003, 14:54
LOL, I was going to point out the spellling

was a good barbie, wish I stayed longer, next time I'll bring the wife ;)

I took her for her second ever pillion ride yesterday, up to Matakana and back. she got all my good gear, and I was back to my old leathers from the bikes last owner.
we met up with her mother in Matakana, who does not approve of my motorcycle, much :p

> 300km's clocked up in 2 days, and now no bike for a few weeks as its finally getting painted :niceone:

SPman
25th August 2003, 18:50
As I left home to do some shopping at 11 on Sat. morning and got home at 10.30 Sun night, it must have been a Good weekend!

Good BBQ - thanks to Mitch,Slim,KK and all! KK, how many Reds did you get through......amazed you could walk on Sunday, let lone ride!......aaaah youth............sigh!

GR8 night. Any photos of the skin show??:eek:

Kwaka-Kid
25th August 2003, 20:25
hey again guys.

nope, no pictures @ all were taken during skin show, sorry to those that didnt stick around.

was good 2 meet you MikeL and you too andrew, and its too damn true that there aint enuf of us young ones getting into it.

Good Tats all round in the skin show, not one that i didnt dislike, and a true congrats to your well thought of one Si.

oh and the last things have been bolted/bracketd on the vfr, and i ran her today without any packing in muffler, sounds like a beast :) just need to mount front fairing actually and go buy some more fibreglass etc to lengthen rear tailpiece.  Thanks for the millionth time to all those KB'ers that showed up even if you didnt stay long, it was all good and i will post my approx 5 odd pictures i took up on thursday after work, wait, so that makes it friday.. yeah/

Antallica
25th August 2003, 20:52
There's pics, where?

aff-man
26th August 2003, 10:45
Quote :  and its too damn true that there aint enuf of us young ones getting into it.

Well KK I'm tring to get a few of my mates into it who are keen (2 are chicks) but convincing thier parents is the hard part :done: :niceone:

Kwaka-Kid
26th August 2003, 12:04
sweet aff-man

even if it means letting them ride/scratch the VT eh? :) its worth it.

Gixxer
26th August 2003, 12:04
Convincing Parents?

That will never happen unless your parents are riders, hell I'm - (not much older then you lot i'm sure.) and my old lady still hates me riding.

aff-man
26th August 2003, 12:11
Well i did it the "interesting way" told my parents i was going to ride a bike, they didn't believe me so i worked my ass off and when i actually went and bought one that's when they were quite worried (crashing twice in the forst 2 weeks didn't help). But now they're sweet with it most of the time i think it's just the initial 'oh no if you ride a bike you will die' syndrome :D .

Coldkiwi
26th August 2003, 12:14
no, it CAN happen! I explained to my mum why I wanted to get a louder exhaust on the 6R (because two cars have bumped me that didn't hear me) and she agreed!! (????) there is hope! also, my g/f's parents let her ride on the back with me... and I've just found out that they gave her a stern warning about dating bikies a few years ago too!

hehe... what can I say? miracles can happen!

bikerboy
26th August 2003, 18:36
My parents got me and my brother started when wre were rather young. However, once we got older and the bikes got bigger then they suddenly were not happy.:o

I'm a lot older than you young ones and my parents still aren't happy.
But hey, you gotta do what ya gotta do, life's to short...yada,yada,yada!:beer:

Nouseforaname
26th August 2003, 19:02
My mum loves the fact that i rde, it's my dad that hates it... i guess it's beacuse he drives a van and he's got the job of coming to pick me and my bike up every time i stack it :-(

Gutted i missed the BBQ, but got no wheels at the moment so it makes it hard to get around..... my chauffer who drives me in my big yellow mercedes benz only sticks to the routes he knows and isnt keen to learn new ones.

Kwaka-Kid
26th August 2003, 19:55
haha Nouse, pitty you were not there, i like your sense of humour :)

Yeah well after being on back of bikes on street scince like 3 and always helping my dad in garage, parents decided (well dad) that it was only a matter of time, and so got me on dirt explaining to my mother that it would give me some good/basic skills hopefully avoiding some of hte simple accidents related to being so wooden on a bike that are incurred during the first wee while of riding.  Funny enuf then my mother really liked me getting out there as much as possible... and when the day came, and i got my 250 my mum didnt mind that much... it was the day i got my full licence @ 16.5 and took my dads (250-60kg?) GS1000 out weighing only 60kg and her having been on the back of such bikes that she was worried... infact the most cut-up i ever seen her when i told her i was starting to ride the beast :)... and still she really really doesnt like me on the GS or my old GPZ750, but is happy with me on the little 400 fours which me and my dad/her hubbie have easily convinced her into believing dont really go that much faster then the CB250 ;)

but yes i definatly think having at lesat 1 biker parent helps ALOT in it all.

Coldkiwi
26th August 2003, 20:53
KK, i have A LOT of sympathy for your dear mum. Most mothers probably worry a bit too much about their kids riding bikes... but I think yours has every reason to be worried about you taking that dodgy old bodged together GS out! Your 'lets ride with a tinted visor at night because i can't be arsed changing it' attitude coupled with your belief in saving money on parts scares the heck outta me.. it must be murder on your family!!

Big Dog
26th August 2003, 22:23
Originally posted by Kwaka-Kid
Funny enuf then my mother really liked me getting out there as much as possible... 1

Nuf said lol:D

Big Dog
26th August 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by Gixxer
Convincing Parents?

That will never happen unless your parents are riders, hell I'm - (not much older then you lot i'm sure.) and my old lady still hates me riding.

Dad seemed resigned/ hoping I would fall off and give up. But When he saw how much I got out of it he was cool.

Mum paid me three grand to give up my old bike...... then stole it back......So its only fair I now have a new one.:p

Most parents just want their kids to be happy and safe, show them you can be and they will come on board.

Andrew
26th August 2003, 22:53
My mum approved of me riding a bike as soon as i stopped asking for bus money!!

Big Dog
27th August 2003, 19:15
Originally posted by Andrew
My mum approved of me riding a bike as soon as i stopped asking for bus money!!

Yup every human listens to the same radio station.....

WIIFM.....

But I can think of a lot better reasons than 1.20 for the bus?

lol lol:eek: :niceone: :p

aff-man
27th August 2003, 22:55
well the parents are taking the poor student approach..... If i can't pay for it i can't ride it well i though i would be in serious trouble and would spend countless days huddled in a corner dreaming of bikes ................then i found salvation...the student loan:done: :done:  of course they lend me money i(f i insist on riding a broken bike) to get it fixed if need be.