PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Badjelly's inaugural KB ride - Sunday 25 May 2008

jrandom
21st May 2008, 12:48
Jim2's lending me the Zed for the day (inne a skoller anna gennlemin?) and I've talked Badjelly into breaking his internet anonymity and coming out for a wee blat on the Mighty Scorpio.

The weather forecast's looking a bit dodgy, so we might just do a waterproofed-up cruise to a cafe, but if it should so happen to be a fine day I'll pootle down and take in the Why Nooey Coast Road and then head back up and over the Rimutakas for a loop around Lake Wairarapa and an exploratory pootle to Ngawi and back.

Badjelly's only got a limited pass from Mrs Jelly, so he'll probably abandon ship after the Coast Road before I head Rapa-wards.

Weather permitting, anyone fancy meeting up in the Hutt on Sunday morning and coming out for a play?

Str8 Jacket
21st May 2008, 12:53
I'll be in Taupo being pitbitch on Sunday so cant make it sorry. Here's hoping that the weather will be OK for ya!
I know that a few of us bitches will be going for a blat on Friday so I wont feel to bad about missing Sunday! ;)

MIXONE
21st May 2008, 12:55
I wish I could but I'll be travelling back from Christchurch.Have a good,safe ride guys.

Oh and GO THE CRUSADERS!

jrandom
21st May 2008, 12:55
I'll be in Taupo being pitbitch on Sunday...

Yeah, a certain pink-leathered KBer's mother was most inconsiderate with regards to failing to coordinate a birthday party around VMCC Rd 1.

One hopes that more care will be taken with scheduling next year.

:nono:

Stickchick
21st May 2008, 13:22
Just don't expect that certain pink-leathered Kber to be happy if it is a fine day.... :oi-grr: Might have to drink some more. :apint:

Trudes
21st May 2008, 13:23
Possibly.... depends how much bucket blinging I have to do. Will let you know.

jrandom
21st May 2008, 13:27
Just don't expect that certain pink-leathered Kber to be happy if it is a fine day.... :oi-grr:

The Zed does have a pillion seat, y'know. James Deuce may even have had it thoughtfully embroidered with 'Girl Goes Here', so that you don't get lost while getting onto the bike.

:dodge:

James Deuce
21st May 2008, 16:46
"Bitch goes here", thank you very much.

MattRSK
21st May 2008, 20:59
"Bitch goes here", thank you very much.

Yeah Yeah, Pearl Jam. Hey Jimmy Jimmy!

Ocean1
21st May 2008, 21:09
Weather permitting, anyone fancy meeting up in the Hutt on Sunday morning and coming out for a play?

Possibly, possibly, if I grovel sufficiently I might get a pass…

CDFloss
21st May 2008, 21:32
I'm already over in wainui, so would be keen to tag along if you head this way, and the weather isn't toooo crappy. I'll keep an eye on this thread and confirm closer to the time. :cool:

Marknz
21st May 2008, 21:41
Oh and GO THE CRUSADERS!

Farcough... ya got no chance.

:devil2:

CDFloss
21st May 2008, 22:07
Farcough... ya got no chance.

Too bad you're both supporting the wrong team :third: :dodge:

jrandom
21st May 2008, 22:39
I'm already over in wainui...

Well, that's handy. I wouldn't want you to have to travel for this.

MIXONE
21st May 2008, 22:41
Too bad you're both supporting the wrong team :third: :dodge:

We're talking rugby not fishing!

DingoZ
21st May 2008, 23:09
Ya bugger. Ya coulda picked a different day. Otherwise you coulda stopped in at mine (on the way back from the nooey coast) for a coffee, but I Will be just outta hospital on Saturday and not able to ride the bike for a month or two, and not feeling like company...:(.

Next time...:)

CDFloss
22nd May 2008, 08:03
Well, that's handy. I wouldn't want you to have to travel for this.

While your concern is touching, you needn't worry. :D I'm sure I could handle a wee pootle around the valley before my afternoon nap time. :scooter: :zzzz:

Badjelly
22nd May 2008, 15:40
Badjelly's only got a limited pass from Mrs Jelly,

Oh man, are you going to get me into trouble! She would not be amused by "Mrs Jelly". Let noone speak of this. :sweatdrop

jrandom
22nd May 2008, 15:42
Oh man, are you going to get me into trouble! She would not be amused by "Mrs Jelly". Let noone speak of this. :sweatdrop

Heh!

I'll give you a yell on Saturday to arrange our departure time and location, etc, and one of us can update the thread thereafter for anyone who feels like tagging along...

Edit: Weather forecast is still poo, though. Here's hoping The Computer is wrong.

Badjelly
25th May 2008, 11:07
Meeting at the bottom of the Wainuiomata hill, Wainui side, 1 pm.

Great weather for visiting the south coast!

CDFloss
25th May 2008, 11:55
Anyone else tagging along (or welcome to tag along)? :scooter: Would like to get a ride in today, but don't want to slow anyone down. ;)

PS: BadJelly, do you commute on the scorpio? I see one every now and again coming over the hill.

James Deuce
25th May 2008, 12:05
Would like to get a ride in today, but don't want to slow anyone down.

It's not all about you, however given the weather and the type of ride (small bikes, and a 750 with a pillion) it's not going to be a MotoGP race is it?

As it turns out, I thought I had a lot more to do to get the NZ running. If I'd bothered to WoF and rego it last week I could have come too, adding another 250 single to the mix :)

Don't worry about slowing people down, just make sure you know where people are going and ride your own ride.

CDFloss
25th May 2008, 12:31
It's not all about you...

Its not? Aww crap. :innocent:

Yeah I guessed it wouldnt be a race, but I'm new 'round these parts (KB) and have had less than awesome experiences in the past turning up for "group drives" with certain car clubs in the past, and then being ignored or given dirty looks cos I wasnt one of the established club old-timers. :confused:

I've got 2 sick little girls at home, so wont be able to get a long-term pass from the Mrs anyway, so if I can get away by 1 I'll head to the bottom of the hill, else will take a ride down the coast to see what I can see.

Cheers

Badjelly
25th May 2008, 12:36
Now meeting at 2 pm. Sorry for late notice.

Badjelly
25th May 2008, 12:40
so if I can get away by 1 I'll head to the bottom of the hill, else will take a ride down the coast to see what I can see.

As I said in previous message, jrandom & I are now meeting at 2 pm. I will head over now and see if anyone is waiting there, but won't get there until 1:20 pm. I'll be on a blue Scorpio, red & black riding gear, red & white helmet. It definitely won't be a MotoGP.

RC1
25th May 2008, 13:28
[QUOTE=Badjelly;1578267] jrandom & I are now meeting at 2 pm. [QUOTE]

:shutup: dont let KF see this :Pokey:

James Deuce
25th May 2008, 13:49
Dan left about 5 minutes ago. The weather looks like it may even be lifting a little.

Have fun chaps.

Ocean1
25th May 2008, 13:49

Which would explain why 30min of assiduous lurking produced not a single 'cicle...

riffer
25th May 2008, 14:38
I had to scrub in a new Storm today (front) and after half a day's begging got a 1 hour passout to sort out the bike. I headed on up the takas about an hour ago. It's fine until Kaitoke Park turnoff then just spitting lightly. There's a little bit of diesel on the hills (mainly spots here and there - pretty normal) which doesn't affect a brand new tyre so I don't imagine it'll give people riding to the conditions any trouble at all.

Enjoy your ride guys.

CDFloss
25th May 2008, 16:39
Good fun, thanks guys. :2thumbsup

FROSTY
25th May 2008, 16:47
I had to scrub in a new Storm today (front) and after half a day's begging got a 1 hour passout to sort out the bike. I headed on up the takas about an hour ago. It's fine until Kaitoke Park turnoff then just spitting lightly. There's a little bit of diesel on the hills (mainly spots here and there - pretty normal) which doesn't affect a brand new tyre so I don't imagine it'll give people riding to the conditions any trouble at all.

Enjoy your ride guys.
Lets NOT get Gini and Kylie talking hu? Kylie sees right through that ol --gotta scrub a tyre in story.

riffer
25th May 2008, 17:27
Lets NOT get Gini and Kylie talking hu? Kylie sees right through that ol --gotta scrub a tyre in story.

Now seriously young fella. It's a safety issue here, you tell her. I have a 7.00 appointment at the National Library tomorrow. Have to get up at 5.00am and leave at 5.30 for Tawa for the pre-meeting brief. Its just not safe to ride a bike at that time of day with a fresh front (still with sticker on).

You just HAVE to scrub it in. And there's no better road that I know to do it on.

It's taken me YEARS of training to teach her that. ;)

FROSTY
25th May 2008, 17:56
Yea but kylie has heard me telling punters how --a couple of laps and the tyres scrubbed :bleh::bleh:

Badjelly
26th May 2008, 17:16

Which would explain why 30min of assiduous lurking produced not a single 'cicle...

Sorry, but I did turn up at 1:20 and waited for a few minutes near the roundabout. Then I went and had a coffee at a cafe (there actually is a cafe in Wainuiomata) and came back at 2.

Badjelly
26th May 2008, 17:20
Good fun, thanks guys. :2thumbsup

Yeah, I had a good time too. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Scorpio went, though it was obviously a bit slower than the other 2 bikes.

Ocean1
26th May 2008, 17:30
Sorry, but I did turn up at 1:20 and waited for a few minutes near the roundabout. Then I went and had a coffee at a cafe (there actually is a cafe in Wainuiomata) and came back at 2.

No worries dude, next time eh?

CDFloss
26th May 2008, 20:55
Yeah, I had a good time too. I was pleasantly surprised by how well the Scorpio went, though it was obviously a bit slower than the other 2 bikes.

Well, slower than the 750 at least... I was quite comfortable following you back up the coast. ;) I went a little quicker on the way down, but that was more to do with the "other guy" on the new Yamaha MT-01 filling my mirrors for a little while. :scooter: