PDA

View Full Version : Jap Headlights - WoF.

Racey Rider
24th August 2003, 17:51
Failed a WoF, cause the headlight I added to a race prep'ed RGV I am sorting to run on both road and track, was an overseas light, which dips to the right, not the left as needed in NZ. :(
Other than tapeing over parts of the light which refect the wrong way, any other easy/cheap fixes?
Can lenses be replaced? Sourced? Or just a light from another bike? My problem could be, it's quite small. A round light, 100mm across the glass. What else would use that size light?
Other options??
Here you go KK,,, show us your stuff!! :D

Motu
24th August 2003, 19:40
Well,a motorcycle headlamp should dip straight down,not to any side,dipping to the left is not good in a right hand corner.Sometimes it's the lamp,sometimes the bulb,sometimes both - plenty of ways to cock it up mate.Go into a wreckers and pick something that strikes your fancy,you obviously don't need one that shows the way - how about a moped light?

Andrew
25th August 2003, 10:47
I had almost the same problem with my ZXR. In the end i had to settle paying $75 for some shoddy lamp fitting from the wrecker. Doesn't look too great but I guess at least its legal.

mangell6
25th August 2003, 12:30
This is quite a common problem with a lot of bikes, greys as well as new ones.

Friend purchased a brand new Suzuki and went to get a WOF after the second year and it was failed because the headlight dipped to the right. Went back to the dealer and got them to cough-up for a 'correct' NZ version i.e. dips to the left.

Although the bike was new it may not have been destined for the NZ market.

Mike

Motu
25th August 2003, 15:13
Just had a 20yr old Hyundai in for a WOF - lights dipping to right...one owner car,left hook headlamps fitted from new,never been spotted before.

some a these wof inspectors are pricks eh

bikerboy
25th August 2003, 16:32
Motu, that's a fierce sense of humor you got there mate !:D