PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Hyosung GT250 magneto/ignition system probs

samwp
23rd May 2008, 11:40
Hi Guys and Girls

A while back I high sided my bike and cracked the magneto casing, I have since replaced the casing but the bike starts miss-firing after running for about 15 minutes and doesn't stop until after it has been left to cool down for a few hours.

Any help or advice much apreciated.

Cheers

Sam

mowgli
23rd May 2008, 12:14
Perhaps a long shot but check the side stand switch. I've heard that faulty ones can cause engine strangeness.

samwp
23rd May 2008, 16:30
Will do thanks for the advice

mowgli
26th May 2008, 08:53
Just another thought. Check your HT leads and voltage regulator for damage. Resistance increases with temperature so if these are partially damaged they might work okay cold but fail once warmed up.

Just a thought but worth checking if you haven't diagnosed your problem yet.

samwp
9th June 2008, 14:50
Hi mowgli

Thanks for the advice, I really apreciate it. One of the leads in the lead/coil assemblies was already damaged, managed to butcher something up at home but obviously didn't catch it. I will hopefully work on it this weekend and let you know how I go.

Thanks again

Sam

carver
5th July 2008, 21:12
you could check the pickup dude, sits above the magneto

CookMySock
6th July 2008, 06:45
One of the leads in the lead/coil assemblies was already damaged, managed to butcher something up at home but obviously didn't catch it.do you mean you repaired a HT coil lead ? I bet this is where the problem is. Can you swap it out temporarily for a known-good one ?

HT leads are notorious for developing faults you can see with your eye. If you kink one, likely you will have to replace it.

DB