PDA

View Full Version : Windows Service Pack 3

Korumba
23rd May 2008, 16:20
I just installed Windows Service Pack 3 on my work laptop,
Before I install it on my home PC does anyone know of any issues with it?

Cajun
23rd May 2008, 16:21
been running it on a number of different machines(10-15) for about week or so now, no issues

Ran rc2 on another 5 machines with no real issues either

ArcherWC
23rd May 2008, 16:21
only "issue" ive had so far is with remote desktop. other than that, done about 20-25 and no problems

Cajun
23rd May 2008, 16:23
only "issue" ive had so far is with remote desktop. other than that, done about 20-25 and no problems

what issue with remote desktop you had?

jim.cox
23rd May 2008, 16:36

There is a known issue with AMD based HP machines = resulting in a continual reboot cycle.

More details here...

http://weblog.infoworld.com/robertxcringely/archives/2008/05/hp_amd_and_xp_s.html

Korumba
23rd May 2008, 18:00
My main concern was will it stop or affect things like “pirated” Movies etc like I understand Vista does.

I have AMD but its not HP. (by that I guess you mean Hewlett Packard?)

scracha
23rd May 2008, 18:21
My main concern was will it stop or affect things like “pirated” Movies etc like I understand Vista does.

I have AMD but its not HP. (by that I guess you mean Hewlett Packard?)

By and large nope but there was this one time at ban...umm....a Compaq Presario farked up and I had to do a bit of BARTPE tomfoolery to get it going again. Was an Intel one too.

Supposedly downloading the whole CD image is the safest way to patch up multiple machines as opposed to the exe file on the microsoft webbysite.

Ixion
23rd May 2008, 18:25
Windoze ? Issues ? :rofl: :rofl: :killingme:

tgb_novice
23rd May 2008, 19:32

Had a mate with nvidia graphics card on a dell, which continuously helped him on the way with the Blue Screen of Death :Punk:. A driver upgrade available soon after 4 Nvidia sorted the way. Other than that have heard no complaints yet :) :woohoo:

Bren
23rd May 2008, 20:21
Had a mate with nvidia graphics card on a dell, which continuously helped him on the way with the Blue Screen of Death :Punk:. A driver upgrade available soon after 4 Nvidia sorted the way. Other than that have heard no complaints yet :) :woohoo:

It's funny, sheep dont seem to complain much, they just follow the mob, even to the abattoir...But the odd sheep eventually see that the grass is greener on the other side.

Linux has come a long way from days of old, and if you are sick of Microshaft then I suggest you take a closer look at some of the Linux distros out there.