PDA

View Full Version : Back in civilisation (well New Zealand anyway)

Chisanga
23rd May 2008, 20:36
Oh hi guys

So I have returned after tootling around West Africa in a Mercedes truck carting around annoying tourists. Been chilling out for a week and now i'm back.... unfortunately I don't have a bike anymore and it's not looking likely that i'll have one for 6 months or so... .need a damn cage first and a job.

But just to let the friends I have on here that I have returned!

Hope you all been taking care of yourselves.... does Gijoe have 100 bikes yet I wonder?

Ride well and safe,

Chisanga

Donor
24th May 2008, 00:19
WAHEY!

Welcome back matey!

Is this you back for good, or merely a pause in your exotic jet setting?

We will have to do something about getting you on two wheels, I'm sure there must be someone with a spare bike or 6 *coughJustincough*

I'm off Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed - should catch up!

zeocen
24th May 2008, 00:25
Hey Chisanga :D Welcome back !
Forget priorities, gittin' a bike is the most important thing to do.

gijoe1313
24th May 2008, 00:27
By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes!

Its... Chisanga! :eek:

:oi-grr: I dunno, I thought the Rhinos or a mad baboon would have got you!

Never mind, you must be prescient with that crack about me and starting a bike dealership :innocent:

Glad to have you back so we can deport you out again! I swear the IQ dropped in NZ when you touched down! :whistle:

McJim
24th May 2008, 00:40
When are you coming down to real civilisation? Invercargill awaits you!

xwhatsit
24th May 2008, 01:31
Hey man, welcome back :D

Sticking around here for a while?

Flog somebody else's bike and we'll all do Coro again :yes:

Nasty
24th May 2008, 05:51
Welcome back .... hopefully you will tell us some of the more interesting african tales that you have created :)

Chisanga
24th May 2008, 08:57
Welcome back .... hopefully you will tell us some of the more interesting african tales that you have created :)

It's all rather boring once you get used to the corruption, beautiful scenery, crazy people, annnoying passengers, horrible roads, unbelievably bad drivers, and getting arrested for no reason (well because i'm white I guess).

Chisanga
24th May 2008, 08:59
WAHEY!

Welcome back matey!

Is this you back for good, or merely a pause in your exotic jet setting?

We will have to do something about getting you on two wheels, I'm sure there must be someone with a spare bike or 6 *coughJustincough*

I'm off Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed - should catch up!

At the moment i'm back for a while.... still deciding what to do next (Whether that's in NZ or elsewhere) We should definitely catch up... although I am sans-any form of transport at the minute.... might be buying my sisters cage this weekend though...not sure.

zeocen
24th May 2008, 11:49
I'm sure one of the old 250 crew who've upgraded can pillion you for a catch up :D

FkNAmerican
24th May 2008, 15:49
sounds like you had a blast. I've been healing up from my crash and I've just finished reading an old book called "Malaria Dreams" about an American who goes down to Central African Republic to pick up a Land Rover for a "friend" who is in the diamond (smuggling) buisness and drive it from CAR up through Africa, across to Spain/France and, finally, to the UK.

Long story short, he never got the Land Rover out of Central African Republic and ended up buying a used Toyota Land Cruiser so he could have his African driving adventure anyway.

All sorts of hilarity and adventure ensues. It was a great read and made me want to drive through Africa one day. Please do keep in mind that the author portrays Africa and Africans in a VERY unfair manner......but it WILL make you laugh. Just dont take it too seriously and be prepared to be offended by his simplistic and negative portrayal of Africa.

Chisanga
24th May 2008, 17:51
Please do keep in mind that the author portrays Africa and Africans in a VERY unfair manner......but it WILL make you laugh. Just dont take it too seriously and be prepared to be offended by his simplistic and negative portrayal of Africa.

I love Africa... been there several times for over 4 years total... but I must say after dealing with the everyday bullshit you have to go through there it is very easy to have a negative opinion of Africa and Africans and it is very sad that they really aren't going to be able to pull their continent together untill all the bullshit corruption, nepotism, laziness an racism stops.*

* A few generalisations are contained in the preceeding statement.

McJim
24th May 2008, 18:24
Please do keep in mind that the author portrays Africa and Africans in a VERY unfair manner......but it WILL make you laugh. Just dont take it too seriously and be prepared to be offended by his simplistic and negative portrayal of Africa.

When did George Dubbya become a travel writer? :rofl:

cowpoos
24th May 2008, 18:34
When are you coming down to real civilisation? Invercargill awaits you!

Invermiddleofbuttfuckholenowherecargil is classed as real civilisation??? what hell did you hit your head with??

McJim
24th May 2008, 19:40
Invermiddleofbuttfuckholenowherecargil is classed as real civilisation??? what hell did you hit your head with??
No impact on the head, just compared ti to Auckland that's all! :rofl::Pokey:

sinfull
24th May 2008, 19:49
At the moment i'm back for a while.... still deciding what to do next (Whether that's in NZ or elsewhere) We should definitely catch up... although I am sans-any form of transport at the minute.... might be buying my sisters cage this weekend though...not sure.
Mmm so there is a position up for grabs over there ! Mrs and i would love to spend a little time in that corner !

I love Africa... been there several times for over 4 years total... but I must say after dealing with the everyday bullshit you have to go through there it is very easy to have a negative opinion of Africa and Africans and it is very sad that they really aren't going to be able to pull their continent together untill all the bullshit corruption, nepotism, laziness an racism stops.*

* A few generalisations are contained in the preceeding statement.

Can handle that (for a while lol)
So you were trucking tourists around over there, dont know about going to africa and having to deal with every other prick other than africans