PDA

View Full Version : Harley to outmuscle Rocket 3

gav
27th December 2004, 18:56
What do reckon, pretty cute, huh?

Thats a 2.5litre Alfa V6 motor, and its got kickstart!!

riffer
27th December 2004, 19:06
I guess its kinda cool, but which bit is Harley?

White trash
27th December 2004, 20:37
I must say, that's the best looking car-engined bike I've ever spied. Nice going.

mattt
27th December 2004, 20:49
.... not to mention the 6 pipes.....

Motu
27th December 2004, 21:04
It needs a sign in yellow - DO NOT PUT YOUR DICK INTO THE BELT DRIVE - then some Yank will do just that...betcha!

Ghost Lemur
28th December 2004, 10:26
I must say, that's the best looking car-engined bike I've ever spied. Nice going.

I agree. Normally I can't stand car-engined bikes, but that one looks ok.

avgas
28th December 2004, 10:56
its alive, alive!!!!!

guzzi_nz
5th January 2005, 22:43

very nice :niceone: but would better cross the fame :not:

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 05:17
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GODS SOMEBODY KILL IT!!!! :2guns:

dangerous
23rd January 2005, 06:57
I like it, very well done..... something a little differant than the garden variety chev. :Punk:

SC: :bleh:

StoneChucker
23rd January 2005, 07:06
I like it, very well done..... something a little differant than the garden viraty chev. :Punk:

Is that variety? Or a make of chev?

One day, Hitcher will be MY subordinate :laugh:

SPORK
23rd January 2005, 10:05
Ughh! I don't like it at all.

The pipes, the seat, the everything...

Rocket III any day!

Jackrat
23rd January 2005, 11:03
Well I went an had a good look at a Rocket yesterday.
Bet they drop them before much longer,that's one ugly,pointless bike.
I just don't get it. :no:

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 11:12

take the rocket for a test ride one time and youll find out. Its just a real nice ride, good handeling and great acceleration and power. Comfortable for the long rides aswell

betti
23rd January 2005, 17:11
check out the attached thumbs for two awesome kawasaki's built by alan milyard, rocket 3?? they will eat it :niceone:

Big Dave
23rd January 2005, 17:21

You will only say that till you RIDE one mate.
They can not build them fast enough to meet demand.
It is an outstanding motorcycle - particularly if you are 6'5" like me.

bd

NordieBoy
23rd January 2005, 17:24
Local V8...

http://fran.nelson.geek.nz/motorbikes/harley/Silky-Neville-V8/mvc-796x.jpg

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 17:31
now that one i like the look of but there is one problem....... where do i put my feet????

dangerous
23rd January 2005, 17:45
check out the attached thumbs for two awesome kawasaki's built by alan milyard, rocket 3?? they will eat it :niceone:
Mate forget those Kawka's thought ya avatar pic looked a bit odd, like a 250kat... so I checked out ya profile............ single shock, USD frount end and a later 11 hundie in it, sweet job did you do it? :cool:

dangerous
23rd January 2005, 17:47
Local V8...
Saw that the other week at the port races...... not too bad, looks like a P76 4.4 or more likely a 3.5 Rover.

NordieBoy
23rd January 2005, 18:00
Saw that the other week at the port races...... not too bad, looks like a P76 4.4 or more likely a 3.5 Rover.

4.4L 200hp (http://fran.nelson.geek.nz/motorbikes/harley/Silky-Neville-V8/)

Biff
28th January 2005, 09:38
Those pipes look more like hypodermic needles for elephants.

Yuck!

Gimme a Rocket any day. Please.

Dear Santa.............

Coyote
28th January 2005, 10:19
Not too bad a lookin bike, but it's still annoying to hear the merkins must be better again :rolleyes:

Pwalo
28th January 2005, 10:28
Just imagine commuting on one of those things. Guess the cagers would see, or hear you racing up behind or beside them.

Still not convinced bikes like thses are a hell of a lot of use to most riders, and I'm not convinced that I could even get both feet on the ground.

Coyote
28th January 2005, 13:33
Just imagine commuting on one of those things. Guess the cagers would see, or hear you racing up behind or beside them.

Still not convinced bikes like thses are a hell of a lot of use to most riders, and I'm not convinced that I could even get both feet on the ground.
It's more image than practicality

The Pastor
27th February 2005, 10:35
now that one i like the look of but there is one problem....... where do i put my feet????

straight down, the pegs are kinda hidden by the engine...

moko
27th February 2005, 14:09

Well mate I catch the trafic to the dockyard every morning on the way home from work,nose to tail for 7 miles.Takes a good rider to filter through the traffic safely and a nimble bike,on something like a Rocket 3 you`d just have to sit in line behind a car and stay there.I posted a review of one here when they first came out,bloke that did it busted a footpeg clean off cornering it and he`s not a press pro or racer just an ex-despatch-rider with a dodgy heart(though I suspect he didn`t tell the dealer that before getting the ride).I`ve only seen one close up,last week and it didn`t impress me at all.At least a V-Max looks good even if it is OTT,R3`s just plain fat`n`ugly.

Rainbow Wizard
27th February 2005, 14:32
Can read some of the spiegel on the photo, says he turned a Kwaka four into a 70 degree V8, looks like he did the same on the other one.
Same reason a dog licks his dick eh? Except the dog doesn't need to be an engineering wiz!

Mongoose
27th February 2005, 14:55

By the look of that, its not for any self respecting Westie, imagine the black jersey getting sucked into those stacks thru the "petrol" tank :yeah:

Jackrat
27th February 2005, 17:44
You will only say that till you RIDE one mate.
They can not build them fast enough to meet demand.
It is an outstanding motorcycle - particularly if you are 6'5" like me.

bd

I was in me truck down by Rotorua last week when I got passed by one with T bars an saddle bags.The guy was going HARD.
It did look a bit more IMPRESSIVE than the static one in AMPS did.
Pity I'll always be a 5'9 weed huh.

ManDownUnder
28th February 2005, 07:37
all up not a bad looking bike... not my cup of tea personally, but it is one of the few I can understand others might actually like...

Just one q - why all the oil under the LHS of the engine - right by the stand...?

An old Harley tradition perhaps?
MDU

flyin
10th March 2005, 08:39
Same reason a dog licks his dick eh? Except the dog doesn't need to be an engineering wiz!

thats cos the dog doesn't have any hands m8, like to see ya build one of them with no hands :yeah: